Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:02:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Integrate Bitcoin payment in Facebook  (Read 1541 times)
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 05:43:50 AM

The question is, do you want Facebook to know your bitcoin address and see all your transactions?
In my opinion, I would not let that happen. One of the reasons why I used bitcoin is because of anonymity.

I agree, actually  I found Facebook very annoying these days, too much advertisement that it took much time to load especially in a country where the internet system is too slow.  And yes I won't let Facebook monitor my bitcoin address and all my transaction.  And even if Facebook allow bitcoin integration I won't be using it because of the said issue.
If that should happening in a real life, i think that is will be a worst idea and caused by your address are linked with your facebook and make your someone are easy for detecting your personal data.... and the facebook will make your addreess are be a publicity on your personal information and i think i strongly disagree with it caused that is very worst for me who are wanna using bitocin caused by their anonymity.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 05:53:11 AM

The question is, do you want Facebook to know your bitcoin address and see all your transactions?
In my opinion, I would not let that happen. One of the reasons why I used bitcoin is because of anonymity.

I agree, actually  I found Facebook very annoying these days, too much advertisement that it took much time to load especially in a country where the internet system is too slow.  And yes I won't let Facebook monitor my bitcoin address and all my transaction.  And even if Facebook allow bitcoin integration I won't be using it because of the said issue.

Yeah, facebook already knows too much about our personal lives, we do not want it know about our bitcoin addresses and everything bitcoin related. There is too much being shared in bitcoin already, I do not want to add bitcoin with it.
arransiv

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 12:52:47 PM

Anyone know if it's possible to send bitcoins via facebook? it would be the ultimate solution. Everyone has a facebook profile today, so it would really make bitcoin have a major breakthrough.

Price of bitcoins just keep climbing!! Waiting for a pullback before I buy more BTC

Linking your wallet to your profile will break one of the most important thing in bitcoin: the privacy.

And probably if in a dream(or nightmare) it occurs, for sure users will more some fee to facebook too.

So, it's not really a big deal at all.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 01:13:15 PM

Anyone know if it's possible to send bitcoins via facebook? it would be the ultimate solution. Everyone has a facebook profile today, so it would really make bitcoin have a major breakthrough.

Price of bitcoins just keep climbing!! Waiting for a pullback before I buy more BTC

First of all, are you sure about this? Because I don't think "everyone" has a Facebook profile, they could probably just use Twitter or the other social media. Facebook it's not the only social media in this planet, and neither the most important.
Everyone has a facebook profile today, so it would really make bitcoin have a major breakthrough.

You can use ChangeTip (https://www.changetip.com/), it's a platform to share Bitcoin into any social media. And that someone you give doesn't have to bother filling out the sign-up cuz it's super easy to do.

faucet used to be profitable
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 03:46:47 PM

Even someone develop such bots facebook need to allow it to function and i don't think they soon gonna allow this integration with bitcoin payments. The one who like to use bitcoin care much about privacy and with facebook your privacy is open to everyone in this world.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 04:08:13 PM

Well, if we're going to go mainstream, this is something you'll have to get used to. Not only that but if Bitcoin is to be recognized and accepted as a currency worldwide, people using it cannot remain anonymous.

Bold statement. No reason. Why?

Your real identity will have to be linked to your wallet address.

Why?

They probably could still allow some level of anonymity, like for example regular people don't need to know who you are but the authorities/government will definitely know your identity.

Why?

Are you being serious? What do you mean 'why'?

Are you? You made strong statements, with nothing to back it up. When people don't understand your reasoning, they ask "why?".

Audits, taxes, money transmission, money laundering, drug trafficking, crime... and the list goes on. You seriously think that if there are no laws in place and people are allowed to do whatever they want anonymously, everyone will just behave nicely? What happens if a wealthy Westerner suddenly finds his life purpose and decides to financially support his favorite jihad/terrorist group anonymously?

Why is it actually needed, necessitated for Bitcoin to become commonplace? And if your argument is "....because terr'sm, and all these horrible folk", then put the TV remote down, lol. If you enjoy being terrified by pictures on a screen, go to the movies. Roll Eyes

Vires in numeris
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 03:14:19 AM

Well, if we're going to go mainstream, this is something you'll have to get used to. Not only that but if Bitcoin is to be recognized and accepted as a currency worldwide, people using it cannot remain anonymous.

Bold statement. No reason. Why?

Your real identity will have to be linked to your wallet address.

Why?

They probably could still allow some level of anonymity, like for example regular people don't need to know who you are but the authorities/government will definitely know your identity.

Why?

Are you being serious? What do you mean 'why'?

Are you? You made strong statements, with nothing to back it up. When people don't understand your reasoning, they ask "why?".

Audits, taxes, money transmission, money laundering, drug trafficking, crime... and the list goes on. You seriously think that if there are no laws in place and people are allowed to do whatever they want anonymously, everyone will just behave nicely? What happens if a wealthy Westerner suddenly finds his life purpose and decides to financially support his favorite jihad/terrorist group anonymously?

Why is it actually needed, necessitated for Bitcoin to become commonplace? And if your argument is "....because terr'sm, and all these horrible folk", then put the TV remote down, lol. If you enjoy being terrified by pictures on a screen, go to the movies. Roll Eyes

The reason I didn't explain myself the first time is because I thought it would be obvious why. The fact that you actually seem to be serious can only mean that you take for granted everything the modern world has to offer today (or that you're unfathomably naive). You think all this modern comfort was built on roses and happy thoughts? It's a dog eat dog world out there buddy and the only thing that's holding everything in place is the law. Perhaps you're the one who needs to put down the remote and think about the peace you're enjoying right now. Make a note of it, or you know what don't even bother, I'm sure you'll be enjoying the same (or maybe more?) freedom/peace anyway when everyone is free to do whatever they please.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 04:45:38 AM

What would BTC be used for in Facebook?
Are you talking about sending someone a tip? Because they could just post their address in their profile.

If Twitch or some streaming services allowed you to make donations to a streamer in Bitcoin,
that might generate a lot of new users.

But for Facebook, I think most people want it to stay "free".
(Quotations are there because nothing is free. Facebook is selling your info to provide you with your service.)

n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 04:48:00 AM

Bitcoin directly can't make a dialog with facebook because nobody represent the bitcoin but how bitcoin can be there is through third party apps/service like Circle that has been integrated or will be integrated in the near future in the iMessage on Apple devices.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 04:48:40 AM

Nope, facebook can fuck right off. I absolutely despise that website, and personally it does nothing good for a person aside from maybe making it easier to organize events and find out who is going to be going to different things. Aside from that it is a useless time sink and it doesn't give you any benefits. No value added, nothing learned.

It does not need Bitcoin because all it will do is give away more of your information and privacy.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 04:54:52 AM

Yeah, facebook already knows too much about our personal lives, we do not want it know about our bitcoin addresses and everything bitcoin related. There is too much being shared in bitcoin already, I do not want to add bitcoin with it.

Facebook knows everything about your personal lives means that is through yourself, you are giving full rights to facebook to operate your details. That is why it is said that use facebook just for fun and dont disclose all your personal things on facebook or twitter as they dont have any high security to secure the users account. Even facebook itslef can disclose all your details if asked by any law authorized person. and in that if they are adding of integrating bitcoin address then it is highly risky to use facebook.

neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2016, 05:12:44 AM

That's quite a good point. I was all excited thinking : 'that might work.if a big one like facebook start accepting bitcoin,

It'll be quite a big boost! It could even startoff other big companies into following suit with bitcoin adoption. We probably just need a single big one to start it off.

But then, yeah, if bitcoin is used on facebook, say goodbye to anonymity. All those personal data that can be found on a facebook profile. Well. I wouldnt want it giing out onto unkown person. A seperate fb account that is specifically used for bitcoi. Transactions might work though.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████