Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:15:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ThiagoCMC, moderator using his power to censorship comments against him  (Read 3625 times)
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin: Currency of Resistance!

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 04:42:29 AM

AFAIK the forum policy is not deleting any personal information that was posted. Theymos can clarify that though - I am not sure of the extent of this policy.

John,

Please, let me know if I did something wrong.

I think that this is ridiculous mostly because on that exposed document, which Augusto and Rodrigo grabbed from here, there are others peoples addresses! Not only my!!!

People that have nothing to do with this are being exposed there (my private Avalon ticket document). I don't know but, it doesn't seem right.

Thanks,
Thiago

The problem is that as a moderator it's your job to enforce the forum rules and only the forum rules.  There is no forum rule against posting personal information and theymos has refused to remove personal information in the past.

Your thread was not a self-moderated thread (from which the OP can delete posts for any reason they like).  You used your moderator powers to remove information/delete posts from it and other threads.  You may not think this was "wrong", but you weren't enforcing forum rules when you used your moderator powers to remove content to which you objected.

There cannot be one set of rules for users and another set for moderators.  If you can't limit your use of moderator powers to enforcing actual forum rules then you should step down as a moderator.  Whether I believe your behaviour in respect to the Avalon was appropriate is irrelevant.  Your behaviour in respect to the posts regarding that issue is unacceptable and an abuse of the power with which you were entrusted.

Mmmm... Okay, I can see that...
Do whatever you guys think it is best for the forum.

Regards,
Thiago
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 04:46:00 AM

Regards,
Thiago

My advice: Dox him in return.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:00:34 AM

Regards,
Thiago

lol
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:08:06 AM

BTW, in the middle of this, I may have deleted some posts without thinking it right.
Please, remove my moderator power if I'm guilty.

Best,
Thiago
augustocroppo (OP)
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:11:00 AM

Regards,
Thiago

Yes, do it:

"Here, folks, Augusto Croppo personal information... So now that you have this information.... Well, he did not made anything wrong... So I do not know what to do or what to advise with this information... Oh, well, Augusto Croppo address is... Well... Should we send him flowers?"

Please, keep me laughing. This comedy is priceless!
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:32:17 AM

Regards,
Thiago

Yes, do it:

"Here, folks, Augusto Croppo personal information... So now that you have this information.... Well, he did not made anything wrong... So I do not know what to do or what to advise with this information... Oh, well, Augusto Croppo address is... Well... Should we send him flowers?"

Please, keep me laughing. This comedy is priceless!

You right, do whatever you want, I don't care anymore.
augustocroppo (OP)
VIP

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 05:40:33 AM

Regarding my role in this forum, once you pay back the fully amount owned to Rodrigo, I will erase immediately the information which you do not want published.

In the case of the posts which you deleted, that is outside my influence. For such actions you will have to deal with the forum's administrator.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 06:05:42 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2013, 06:37:31 AM by BadBear

AFAIK the forum policy is not deleting any personal information that was posted. Theymos can clarify that though - I am not sure of the extent of this policy.

John,

I think that this is ridiculous mostly because on that exposed document, which Augusto and Rodrigo grabbed from here, there are others peoples addresses! Not only my!!!

People that have nothing to do with this are being exposed there (my private Avalon ticket document). I don't know but, it doesn't seem right.

Thanks,
Thiago

Probably shouldn't have deleted those, posting people's information is fine (it isn't private if you shared it with others, should only share it with those you trust).

No need to step down though, everyone makes mistakes, moderators aren't exempt from that.

I don't have an opinion on the scammer accusations, haven't looked and probably won't, I don't even speak the native language of the people involved.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:12:28 AM

Regarding my role in this forum, once you pay back the fully amount owned to Rodrigo, I will erase immediately the information which you do not want published.

In the case of the posts which you deleted, that is outside my influence. For such actions you will have to deal with the forum's administrator.

You're a roleless "man".

So, you fell in the middle of my "negotiation / crap", built a scene accusing me of fraud by grabbing (from Rodrigo's hand) and publishing my Avalon ticket as "proof", until I pay my debt with someone else?

Where the hell did you come from?!    LOL
ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:17:41 AM

John,

Thanks,
Thiago

Probably shouldn't have deleted those, posting people's information is fine (it isn't private if you shared it with other users on the board, should only share it with those you trust).

No need to step down though, everyone makes mistakes, moderators aren't exempt from that.

I don't have an opinion on the scammer accusations, haven't looked and probably won't, I don't even speak the native language of the people involved.

I did not share it, BitSyncom did (don't know why) but, he already deleted its copy.

I'm seeing where I did it wrong... If you guys wants to undo my deletions, no problem, do it.

If the forum had an undo feature, I was already using it.   Wink
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:31:58 AM

I don't remember how things go here, but on other forums i frequent, when somthing is not supposed to be posted, they edit the post in question replacing the questionable content with a notice explaining the reason, keeping the surrounding harmless text for context. Seems like a good approach IMO, helps to avoid the risk of accusations of a mod trying to cover their tracks. (the distinction is mostly just on the presentation, but the presentation can be part of the message)

Btw, any idea how Croppo got his hands on your data?

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 06:40:55 AM

I was thinking something just as fragrant, but less pleasant.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:42:11 AM

At least we know to not use your dispute resolution -.-
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2013, 06:48:28 AM

At least we know to not use your dispute resolution -.-
I was not aware he was a customer of mine. Certainly he and I have no contract, and outside of any contract, you get from me what you give. He's earned his disrespect, fair and square.

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 06:59:48 AM

I don't remember how things go here, but on other forums i frequent, when somthing is not supposed to be posted, they edit the post in question replacing the questionable content with a notice explaining the reason, keeping the surrounding harmless text for context. Seems like a good approach IMO, helps to avoid the risk of accusations of a mod trying to cover their tracks. (the distinction is mostly just on the presentation, but the presentation can be part of the message)

That's true, the famous "EDITED: " note...     Undecided

I'll keep that in mind.

BitSyncom first published it out from support.avalon-asic.com on his post (I don't blame him for nothing):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=160527.msg1701978#msg1701978

Days later, when Augusto come from the hell after I call him a reactionary, Rodrigo gave to him his copy...

And the "drama" keeps rolling, well, not for me because I have the BitSyncom message saying that the hardware will go to my first original address, problem solved.

I probably made some mistakes, okay, deleting some posts, delaying Rodrigo's payment (after he refusing it (world spins))...

I always deal with the truth... It is easier that way.
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 08:32:44 AM

That's true, the famous "EDITED: " note...     Undecided

I'll keep that in mind.

BitSyncom first published it out from support.avalon-asic.com on his post (I don't blame him for nothing):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=160527.msg1701978#msg1701978

Days later, when Augusto come from the hell after I call him a reactionary, Rodrigo gave to him his copy...

And the "drama" keeps rolling, well, not for me because I have the BitSyncom message saying that the hardware will go to my first original address, problem solved.

I probably made some mistakes, okay, deleting some posts, delaying Rodrigo's payment (after he refusing it (world spins))...

I always deal with the truth... It is easier that way.

So the whole internet knows that link and you say I gave it Augusto?  Can you prove it? Was it PM or what?
You saying Augusto is not able to do his own research?  

For me that guy is smarter than most here.
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 09:09:28 AM

I did nothing wrong.   Tongue

Oh no! He did not made anything wrong, people!

He just got a loan of 60 BTC months back to buy an Avalon and defaulted. Then he decided to pay when he wanted. When the person which made the loan decided to keep the Avalon as collateral, he got desperate and made an appeal for the forum's users. Then he was offered an address to pay back the 60 BTC, which he guaranteed to have. But guess what? He once more defaulted. Then he decided to make an unilateral agreement to pay less! Yes, pay less because he was concerned with the information published by the person which made the loan. So after months without pay back, instead to pay more (interest), he wanted to pay less (discount). Then he deleted the evidence which proves that he made the loan. Yes, he erased the posts where he promised a date to pay back the loan! But that did not end there. I started to call him out and he decided to suppress all my posts against him in the Portuguese sub-forum, including a topic I made myself to alert the Portuguese speakers!

No worries, folks! He have Myrkul on his side giving him support. So he must be legit!

This.
augustocroppo (OP)
VIP

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:20:23 PM

The Portuguese's sub-forum moderator ThiagoCMC continues to erase comments against him under the pretext that he does whatever he wants on his thread (which is not truly his):

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Vejam só, o ThiagoCMC continua a apagar comentários contra ele. O Patife ainda está abusando do poder de moderador.

Desta vez foi este comentário que ele apagou, como se ninguém fosse perceber:

tamos fudido isso sim

ThiagoCMC = ladrão
leandro = ladrão

fim dos bits
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 02:40:12 PM

The Portuguese's sub-forum moderator ThiagoCMC continues to erase comments against him under the pretext that he does whatever he wants on his thread (which is not truly his):

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

Vejam só, o ThiagoCMC continua a apagar comentários contra ele. O Patife ainda está abusando do poder de moderador.

Desta vez foi este comentário que ele apagou, como se ninguém fosse perceber:

tamos fudido isso sim

ThiagoCMC = ladrão
leandro = ladrão

fim dos bits
Perhaps you would like to explain how that post was on-topic?

'cause it sure looks off-topic.
Translation:

Look, ThiagoCMC continues to delete comments against him. The Rascal is still abusing the power of moderator.

This time it was this comment that he removed, as if nobody would notice:

ThiagoCMC
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:10:14 PM

Augusto is just trolling... It is obvious that he doesn't know what a woman is.

He goes there, to talk shit, so, I delete his shit, he comes here... Hey, ThiagoCMC is deleting my FUD, my shit... Please, make him stop it...

Go get a life!! If you can... You bastard!!

He is doing this because he is the master of the jerks. Let it go...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: