Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:30:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have an issue with one of my antminer s9 B13  (Read 1209 times)
boody123 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 05:36:44 PM

Hi,

in one of my Antminer s9 Appears only 2 hash board chips on Miner Status not 3 , this happens after 4 day of working .. despite of I have connected all power cables right in their places I have checked with different power supplies , I have also change data cables but it doesn't Appear.

https://i.imgur.com/z5NXokB.png

https://i.imgur.com/hch1KJQ.jpg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ZACHM

Activity: 777
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 06:59:48 PM

Have you tried switching which port the ribbon cable to the controller is plugged in?
This would eliminate whether it was the controller causing the problem or the board.
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 08:04:14 PM

If your control PCB has 4 data port, please try using 1 unused port to connect to hash PCB that does not have red LED flashing near the PCI-E power plug when the miner is hashing.

Other wise, if you can take a look at the hash PCB when the S9 is mining, you may notice one of the hash PCB does not have the little red LED on or flashing.  (That is the PCB in trouble here)

Hi,

in one of my Antminer s9 Appears only 2 hash board chips on Miner Status not 3 , this happens after 4 day of working .. despite of I have connected all power cables right in their places I have checked with different power supplies , I have also change data cables but it doesn't Appear.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 11:51:44 PM

If your control PCB has 4 data port, please try using 1 unused port to connect to hash PCB that does not have red LED flashing near the PCI-E power plug when the miner is hashing.

Other wise, if you can take a look at the hash PCB when the S9 is mining, you may notice one of the hash PCB does not have the little red LED on or flashing.  (That is the PCB in trouble here)

Hi,

<snip>
@ BitmainWarranty: Is it possible to get a service report for the diagnosis/repair or exchange performed on the boards we send you for repair? I asked Ashi (?) about it but he is in the messaging end of your work, not the service tech that did the work.

As a tech person myself (industrial laser design/research/repair) I would really like to know what failed on the 2 s9 boards I had you repair/replace. Both boards are working perfectly now btw. Great work and a very reasonable price/turnaround time. Cheesy.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
MyRig
Donator

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 12:45:46 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2016, 12:56:47 AM by BitmainWarranty

Hi NotFuzzyWarm,

unfortunately, we do not have resource available to provide full report on what was bad and what was done to complete the repair and what may have caused it.  In order to keep the hash PCB repair cost reasonable while it is being diagnosed and repaired we are focusing on get it to work again and keeping the cost as low as possible.

if we ask techs to produce written report on analysis, repair/diagnostic fee will exceed the cost of the parts attempting to repair.  That will require us to have additional review layer that will cause additional man hours by multiple staffs.

We are looking a way to communicate to the cusotmers when some major problem was detected as the user errror, in attempt to reduce the unnecessary damages to the other units.  If you didn't not received any personal message about humidity or hardware modification or personally attempted to repair and ailed.

We are seeing significant amount of failed repair attempted performed by someone in Venezuela without initially being disclosed that someone have already worked on it and further damaged the item from misdiagnosed or mistreated item.  Those, customer will hear about why and sometimes how bad the damage was that was human made damage but if you have not received any communications from the techs, then you should be in a good shape

Repair in Denver will diagnose item from failed 3rd party repair attempt, however, often time, if someone have failed the repair... chances are PCB already sustained additional damages and either possible to fix at very high price or exceed the cost of buying hte replacement and you will be notified options.

Other wise, if you can take a look at the hash PCB when the S9 is mining, you may notice one of the hash PCB does not have the little red LED on or flashing.  (That is the PCB in trouble here)

Hi,

<snip>
@ BitmainWarranty: Is it possible to get a service report for the diagnosis/repair or exchange performed on the boards we send you for repair? I asked Ashi (?) about it but he is in the messaging end of your work, not the service tech that did the work.

As a tech person myself (industrial laser design/research/repair) I would really like to know what failed on the 2 s9 boards I had you repair/replace. Both boards are working perfectly now btw. Great work and a very reasonable price/turnaround time. Cheesy.

Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
boody123 (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:18:28 AM

Hi,

Hi BitmainWarranty,

all of them having red LED flashing when the miner is hashing , even the PCB that facing the trouble and doesn't Appears on Miner Status Page
MyRig
Donator

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2016, 01:34:34 AM

in that case, you may want to test 1 hash PCB at a time, to identity which PCB will hash and which one does not.  1 hash PCB connected to the control module at a time

Hope this can help you find which one is bad

Hi,

Hi BitmainWarranty,

all of them having red LED flashing when the miner is hashing , even the PCB that facing the trouble and doesn't Appears on Miner Status Page

boody123 (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:44:46 PM

in that case, you may want to test 1 hash PCB at a time, to identity which PCB will hash and which one does not.  1 hash PCB connected to the control module at a time

Hope this can help you find which one is bad

Hi,

Hi BitmainWarranty,

@BitmainWarranty,

I have tried to do this before and figure it out which one PCB that facing the trouble and doesn't work (I uploaded a pic of PCB below and marked it with a red circle and arrows)

the question here what I should do to fix it ?

https://i.imgur.com/Mhgn8rk.jpg

ZACHM

Activity: 777
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 01:58:37 PM

I'm a little confused by your wording.

Did you try each board one at a time to determine which one is not working?

Did you try each data port with that board to determine it is the board and not the port it is plugged into?

Did you try using a different cable to determine if it is the cable?

If you have determined that after the above it is the board and you are still under warranty then you should be able to get it repaired. You could also possibly get it repaired if not under warranty, but it will cost you.
boody123 (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 04:45:22 PM

Did you try each data port with that board to determine it is the board and not the port it is plugged into?

If you have determined that after the above it is the board and you are still under warranty then you should be able to get it repaired. You could also possibly get it repaired if not under warranty, but it will cost you.
yea I have tried all of these things and determined which board it doesn't work .... and  i'm still under warranty until now
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 13, 2016, 05:13:15 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2016, 12:55:58 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

yea I have tried all of these things and determined which board it doesn't work .... and  i'm still under warranty until now
Since you have been following the advice from Bitmain Warranty for the testing, the only thing affecting warranty status is the 90-day time limit.

I had a b11 board go out -- still technically under the 90-days -- but sent it to BitmainWarranty anyway for them to do the repair/exchange.

Got it back 1week later, cost was $145 inc the return shipping. Yes was a little higher than sending to China for (possibly/probably 'free') repair but:
 1. I was able to ship the board to BitmainWarranty using USPS insured for full value. I declared $400. Sending to China you have to declare value under $40 or face Customs scrutiny and the associated extra cost/time it takes, so if it gets lost or damaged in-transit you are screwed. USPS fully insured w/tracking was $21.

2. No issues with who-did-what, what on it died and is it covered by warranty, etc.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: