Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:53:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitsyncom what went wrong with the first batch shipping  (Read 2858 times)
myrond

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:42:22 AM

Not all of batch 1 has shipped;  I think it is more like Batch 1 is shipping, not shipped.  Called today;  nothing has left HK via DHL for my zipcode.  They pulled all incoming packages to my zipcode (only two incoming packages worldwide, two of the packages were medical supplies NOT from HK).  It is easy for DHL to find stuff because DHL doesn't usually do business over here since they are not local.

I'm sorry to hear that, I can't imagine waiting for a batch 1 unit this long while watching the difficulty start to skyrocket! Must be extremely frustrating. You should post your info in this thread which shows 7 (out of 300) units are still outstanding. Obviously that's not EVERY missing unit but still not bad since it's less than 3% which isn't too surprising for International shipping. Sure, maybe there is a chance Yifu has your Avalon under his desk mining away, it has to be tempting, but the majority have been received so I'd say it's safe to assume they've all been shipped weeks ago as they stated and yours has run into problems.

Out of curiosity, where are you located? At any rate I feel your pain and hope your unit(s) get here soon! I have faith that BitSyncom will improve shipping in the next batches and hopefully provide tracking #'s this time.

Alaska, closest DHL office is 900 or so miles away in Anchorage.  I've ordered from HK before with DHL, stuff usually goes from HK to Anchorage, to Kentucky, back to Anchorage, where it gets put into US mail and arrives via US Mail (still pretty fast), last shipment I did took about 1 - 1.5 weeks from HK via DHL to my door.

Best shipper that I've been happy with has been UPS Expedited actually...  I've gotten stuff in under a week from HK.

I had a package take a month and a half via EMS though.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:38:49 PM

Not all of batch 1 has shipped;  I think it is more like Batch 1 is shipping, not shipped.  Called today;  nothing has left HK via DHL for my zipcode.  They pulled all incoming packages to my zipcode (only two incoming packages worldwide, two of the packages were medical supplies NOT from HK).  It is easy for DHL to find stuff because DHL doesn't usually do business over here since they are not local.

I'm sorry to hear that, I can't imagine waiting for a batch 1 unit this long while watching the difficulty start to skyrocket! Must be extremely frustrating. You should post your info in this thread which shows 7 (out of 300) units are still outstanding. Obviously that's not EVERY missing unit but still not bad since it's less than 3% which isn't too surprising for International shipping. Sure, maybe there is a chance Yifu has your Avalon under his desk mining away, it has to be tempting, but the majority have been received so I'd say it's safe to assume they've all been shipped weeks ago as they stated and yours has run into problems.

Out of curiosity, where are you located? At any rate I feel your pain and hope your unit(s) get here soon! I have faith that BitSyncom will improve shipping in the next batches and hopefully provide tracking #'s this time.

Alaska, closest DHL office is 900 or so miles away in Anchorage.  I've ordered from HK before with DHL, stuff usually goes from HK to Anchorage, to Kentucky, back to Anchorage, where it gets put into US mail and arrives via US Mail (still pretty fast), last shipment I did took about 1 - 1.5 weeks from HK via DHL to my door.

Best shipper that I've been happy with has been UPS Expedited actually...  I've gotten stuff in under a week from HK.

I'm in West Central Minnesota,  several hours drive past Lake Woebegone.  Often, on cheap burger Wednesday, the UPS driver joins our group.  FedEx packages go to the local post office.  The postman tells me over coffee at the diner that I have incoming.  I don't know if DHL is in with these guys or not.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:26:05 PM

Alaska, closest DHL office is 900 or so miles away in Anchorage.  I've ordered from HK before with DHL, stuff usually goes from HK to Anchorage, to Kentucky, back to Anchorage, where it gets put into US mail and arrives via US Mail (still pretty fast), last shipment I did took about 1 - 1.5 weeks from HK via DHL to my door.

Best shipper that I've been happy with has been UPS Expedited actually...  I've gotten stuff in under a week from HK.

Oh wow I'd imagine Alaska is a great place to mind since cooling is taken care of Tongue. What's energy costs like up there? I would assume the delay in your Avalon's arrival is related to that crazy shipping situation. I really really hope we get tracking numbers in batch 2!
myrond

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:40:05 PM

Alaska, closest DHL office is 900 or so miles away in Anchorage.  I've ordered from HK before with DHL, stuff usually goes from HK to Anchorage, to Kentucky, back to Anchorage, where it gets put into US mail and arrives via US Mail (still pretty fast), last shipment I did took about 1 - 1.5 weeks from HK via DHL to my door.

Best shipper that I've been happy with has been UPS Expedited actually...  I've gotten stuff in under a week from HK.

Oh wow I'd imagine Alaska is a great place to mind since cooling is taken care of Tongue. What's energy costs like up there? I would assume the delay in your Avalon's arrival is related to that crazy shipping situation. I really really hope we get tracking numbers in batch 2!

No problem with cooling (not snowing today but it was the other day).  Energy costs (where I am) are between 5 and 11 cents a KW.

I don't believe it is because of the crazy shipping solutions;  I called DHL again today and nothing has shipped.  I gave them the sender account ID, sender name, location, destination zip code;  A lady Ana looked and couldn't find anything.  There are other packages, but not mine.

Generally I am unlucky;  and I just *KNEW* if there was any problems it would happen to me.  So I was super careful about everything, reading every message avalon sent out and following them absolutely.  Shipping addresses, I updated the new system too right after they lost all of the old store information again with my address just in case, as well as submitting a ticket.  Unfortunately nothing appears to have stopped what I knew would happen.  I mined all of the BTC, but at the price I bought it was a lot of BTC.  Sad.
Tehfiend

Activity: 491
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 02:46:36 PM

No problem with cooling (not snowing today but it was the other day).  Energy costs (where I am) are between 5 and 11 cents a KW.

I don't believe it is because of the crazy shipping solutions;  I called DHL again today and nothing has shipped.  I gave them the sender account ID, sender name, location, destination zip code;  A lady Ana looked and couldn't find anything.  There are other packages, but not mine.

Generally I am unlucky;  and I just *KNEW* if there was any problems it would happen to me.  So I was super careful about everything, reading every message avalon sent out and following them absolutely.  Shipping addresses, I updated the new system too right after they lost all of the old store information again with my address just in case, as well as submitting a ticket.  Unfortunately nothing appears to have stopped what I knew would happen.  I mined all of the BTC, but at the price I bought it was a lot of BTC.  .

Ouch so still nothing? Any response from Bitsyncom? I also mined the BTC I used to pay for my batch 2 Avalon's which was a very hard decision to make since I wasn't 100% sure it was legit at the time. You should still be able to make an insane ROI assuming it arrives before the markets crash. I'm planning to keep my BTC so I don't really care what the exchange rate is although it is crazy to think the BTC I spent would now be worth $30k. Anywho, you should keep us updated... GOOD LUCK!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: