Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:30:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Megaupload 2.0 & Bitcache - Anyone investing?  (Read 1806 times)
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 10:38:51 AM

not going to invest my money there. i am either the type of person that is holding coins for the long term, or using coins to trade with. i never invest in sites, services, projects, and the list goes on. i want to have control over my coins. if you send your coins there, you are left waiting and depend on how that project will work out. not something i would do...
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jannn

Activity: 1120
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2016, 10:52:44 AM

Considering. here is a video I saw about it, also posted this on one other thread I saw on this forum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Di3Hw6SwvE

Does anyone know the minimum amount to invest ?

The minimum is 1000$, for 0.001% equity.
Wow, thats a pretty big valuation. In that case, would not go for it. Is it worth the 100 million valuation though according to you all  ?
I don't think the name is worth that much. And the project? Details are still unknown, even the overview is unknown. What are you buying?

An escrow to invest would be nice. I can put $10 in. 99 people with me, we can join!
cryptotore (OP)

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 11:20:33 AM

So, anyone investing in Kim Dotcom's Megaupload 2.0 venture?

Any thoughts?

Seriously, I tried to register in bnktothefuture website but it seems they are only allowing high profile investor. I am willing to try in small amount just like what we are doing in ICO Smiley Is there any way?

When you register you get 3 choices on how you want to portray? yourself. High net worth is one of the choices. Sophisticated is one of the choices, go for that one if you are interested.
1000$ minimum buy-in tho!
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:45:43 PM

I haven't invested in this one and i think i am not capable to risk 1000 euro in something which is over hyped and also there is no actual product out for testing. The claims of kim is high on this project but i will better wait and watch how this gonna start/end.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
cryptotore (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 04:13:34 PM

Considering. here is a video I saw about it, also posted this on one other thread I saw on this forum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Di3Hw6SwvE

Wow, thats a pretty big valuation. In that case, would not go for it. Is it worth the 100 million valuation though according to you all  ?
I don't think the name is worth that much. And the project? Details are still unknown, even the overview is unknown. What are you buying?

An escrow to invest would be nice. I can put $10 in. 99 people with me, we can join!

You are basically buying a very small portion of the company's equity. To help them to get the ball rolling. Which means you will only get a profit if:
*They are a huge success and they eventually get launched on the stock market or get bought by another firm.

If this doesn't happen, you have lost your money.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 04:30:26 PM

I'm actually not totally aware of that concept at all, i just heard about it before sometime but never knew it properly if what it is or how it would work, and i never knew that there would be some investment part about it, could someone explain it a bit for me?
cryptotore (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 09:38:31 PM

Wow, thats a pretty big valuation. In that case, would not go for it. Is it worth the 100 million valuation though according to you all  ?

It all depends on user mass, how many will use these services? Will it be a good service? Noone knows!
If it gets the same amount of users that MegaUpload 1.0 had, it will be worth it.

As I said earlier, investing in startups are always high risk!
In fact, 90% of startups fail: http://fortune.com/2014/09/25/why-startups-fail-according-to-their-founders/

So, to invest in a project like this, you must be willing to lose your money!

cryptotore (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 09:42:05 PM

I'm actually not totally aware of that concept at all, i just heard about it before sometime but never knew it properly if what it is or how it would work, and i never knew that there would be some investment part about it, could someone explain it a bit for me?

The investing part of it is basically crowdfunding of a startup.
You can read more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdfunding
and here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Startup_company
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 09:43:24 PM

Any thoughts?
I would have invested but as the minimum threshold for investment is too high,I can not invest

Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 11:28:24 PM

I actually believe that this service will be successful at first,
but it runs the risk of legal action if people are using it to transfer pirated videos, music etc.

The investing I will be doing is holding some Bitcoin in hope it attracts new users and the price rises.
But the company could be very successful and investors could actually stand to make a lot of money.

yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 02:55:13 PM

Kim Dotcom is a master in marketing for sure. Even though his new upload platform features advanced technology - most notably encryption - I remain skeptical if it will be as successful as the original. The simple reason is that time has passed and consumer behavior has changed. At the time Kim's first endeavor started there were no established and affordable streaming services like Netflix that we have today. Today's customers are more willing to pay for good content if the price is right. That limits the attractiveness of a service like Megaupload 2.0.

The investment offer isn't attractive. It values Megaupload 2.0 at USD 100 million which is pretty steep for a business with zero existing revenues. You also have to consider the substantial risks of the business facing legal retaliation by copyright holders and the like. So there are clearly better ways to invest your funds (for example by buying Bitcoin Smiley ).

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
cryptotore (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 06:23:24 PM

Kim Dotcom is a master in marketing for sure. Even though his new upload platform features advanced technology - most notably encryption - I remain skeptical if it will be as successful as the original. The simple reason is that time has passed and consumer behavior has changed. At the time Kim's first endeavor started there were no established and affordable streaming services like Netflix that we have today. Today's customers are more willing to pay for good content if the price is right. That limits the attractiveness of a service like Megaupload 2.0.

The investment offer isn't attractive. It values Megaupload 2.0 at USD 100 million which is pretty steep for a business with zero existing revenues. You also have to consider the substantial risks of the business facing legal retaliation by copyright holders and the like. So there are clearly better ways to invest your funds (for example by buying Bitcoin Smiley ).

ya.ya.yo!

It's a gamble for sure!

I don't get your comparison to Netflix tho, Megaupload is not a streaming site, nor a site for piracy stuff!
A better comparison would be Dropbox, Onedrive, Jottacloud.

The BitCache part, is the most exciting part of it IMO. If it can provide a method for micro-transactions for media, (which is very much needed), that could possibly change some things!

But yes, it's very high risk!
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:53:39 PM

Kim became more famous after his website megaupload went down and the drama that was made after that. Of course that everything that is about bitcoin we are interested in to see what do they offer and hoe the bitcache will work, I don't think that is the right moment to conclude if it worth investing or not where it is not clear what bitcache is or will be.
cryptotore (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 03:21:10 PM

I believe I got a pretty good idea what BitCache will/could be, but time will tell I guess.

The funding campaign met its minimum requirement of 1.mill $ today, hopefully it will amount into some kind of product/service in the end.
Eodguy149

Activity: 578
Merit: 554

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 03:47:31 PM

Any thoughts?

I'm personally not investing as I am not sure if I believe anything that he says. That being said, I'm following the situation very closely and would love if he actually pulls something off, it would be great for Bitcoin.

"Initial Success or Total Failure"
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 03:50:00 PM

it's not gonna be used for anything other than piracy.

he should be touting for business on the darknet not the vanilla section.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2016, 03:58:09 PM

I'm also not investing since the minimum investment is just too high for me and I would not be too sure that the project would succeed.
It just doesn't seem all too innovating to me, in terms of general use case scenario I mean.

Do we really need another file sharing service, even if it is new and innovating? I just don't think that the general public will want to use it over other services.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 04:04:55 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2016, 04:53:11 PM by redsn0w

Nah I will not invest, check  Roll Eyes:

The last 3 days and it has not reached the minimum goal of 910k dollars Smiley.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 04:13:26 PM

There's always a last minute surge. people love a bit of drama. most of the money will probably be his in disguise but it looks good from the outside.
cryptotore (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 05:25:02 PM

There's always a last minute surge. people love a bit of drama. most of the money will probably be his in disguise but it looks good from the outside.

True, but its kinda foolish. If ur going to invest in the first place, you should probably have done it before they hit their minimum goal, since you get 50% more shares if you did!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: