Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:30:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Wrapper. I2P Market. Zerocoin Source and Fourier Protocol  (Read 23296 times)
warensuperb

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 09:45:46 AM

added more info please dev
maybe im interesting to join this project
Sasukeevil

Activity: 425
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 09:49:58 AM

Still too less information about this coin.

There is a lot of information already in our webpage, on the following days we will be posting ICO dates, wallet and github, escrow details and a roadmap.

Ok. So what's your coin distribution? Where's the white paper?
Who's behind it?
wrapperdev (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 09:54:45 AM

Please take a look at the "Tech" and "FAQ" sections  in our website.
http://wrapperproject.com

I will copy this information to the thread later today.
Sasukeevil

Activity: 425
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 10:19:59 AM

Please take a look at the "Tech" and "FAQ" sections  in our website.

Just noticed that the white paper will be available in December 2016 on the page.

You still need to add more details such as the total supply, and I still don't know who's in the team.

10 million coins will be mined on block 2 and distributed in our Initial Coin Offer (ICO).
Through the next 7 years 30 million more coins will be mined. The reward of these blocks will be 20-0.000005*block height.
After that there will be another 7 year period where 4 million coins will be mined at a constant rate of 2 coins for each block.
After these two 7 year periods wrapper will be mined at a constant value of 1 coin for each block forever.
wrapperdev (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 10:29:06 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2016, 11:07:42 AM by wrapperdev

Please take a look at the "Tech" and "FAQ" sections  in our website.

Just noticed that the white paper will be available in December 2016 on the page.

You still need to add more details such as the total supply, and I still don't know who's in the team.

10 million coins will be mined on block 2 and distributed in our Initial Coin Offer (ICO).
Through the next 7 years 30 million more coins will be mined. The reward of these blocks will be 20-0.000005*block height.
After that there will be another 7 year period where 4 million coins will be mined at a constant rate of 2 coins for each block.
After these two 7 year periods wrapper will be mined at a constant value of 1 coin for each block forever.

The supply in a given moment will depend of that moment. If you integrate the coin reward function from the moment the blockchain is born to infinity it will come out infinite but the rate at which coins are created slows down immensely 14 years from now (it will be one coin per block).

About the team identity (that's the first question answered on our FAQ by the way):

"Initially, and while we don’t hire anyone else, there are 3 people involved in wrapper. One main C++ developer, one designer and one developer that specializes in the I2P overlay network.
Due to the project’s nature and concerns with its viability the identity of the team will not be revealed."
restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 10:37:11 AM

How will be these 30mln coins mined? (algo/distribution)?
wrapperdev (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 10:46:15 AM

How will be these 30mln coins mined? (algo/distribution)?

Algo will most likely be lyra2 (the same as zerocoin). The mining distribution will be the following: 

"Through the next 7 years 30 million more coins will be mined. The reward of these blocks will be 20-(0.000005*block height).
After these two 7 year periods wrapper will be mined at a constant value of 1 coin for each block forever."

That's a linear decaying reward for the first seven years, then a constant reward forever, first of 2 and then 1 coin.
wrapperdev (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 01:48:54 PM

Announcement updated with information about the fourier protocol.
dbt1033
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 05:15:34 PM

Cool.  A few concerns:  

In your OP, you state in extremely small text that your whitepaper will not be available until December 2016, yet you ask for ICO funding before the release...

You also say that you will not reveal your identity.  You have posted from a noobie acct.  

The other privacy projects: zcash, zcoin, komodo do not share these issues.  We know who the developers are.  They have whitepapers.  They are not asking for ICO money (except for komodo, but at least we have a whitepaper and know who the dev is).

You might not be, but you sure look like a scam if I've ever seen one.

wrapperdev (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 05:31:01 PM

Cool.  A few concerns:  

In your OP, you state in extremely small text that your whitepaper will not be available until December 2016, yet you ask for ICO funding before the release...

You also say that you will not reveal your identity.  You have posted from a noobie acct.  

The other privacy projects: zcash, zcoin, komodo do not share these issues.  We know who the developers are.  They have whitepapers.  They are not asking for ICO money (except for komodo, but at least we have a whitepaper and know who the dev is).

https://i.imgur.com/FNRPV6o.png

We understand the concerns with the lack of identification from the team and we also understand how that can affect our funding. We still choose to keep the anonymity, a decision that will be mostly justified by what will happen after the protocol is implemented.
We also heard you on the whitepaper issue and are working on it.
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 05:33:22 PM

Cool.  A few concerns:  

We understand the concerns with the lack of identification from the team and we also understand how that can affect our funding. We still choose to keep the anonymity, a decision that will be mostly justified by what will happen after the protocol is implemented.

A gun manufacturer isn't blamed for the actions people take with its products.  That logic is severely flawed. 

wrapperdev (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 05:37:12 PM

Cool.  A few concerns:  

A gun manufacturer isn't blamed for the actions people take with its products.  That logic is severely flawed. 

We completely agree but unfortunately we live in a post-Ross Ulbricht world and to a lot of people that logic might not be as flawed as it appears.
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 05:42:03 PM

Cool.  A few concerns:  

We completely agree but unfortunately we live in a post-Ross Ulbricht world and to a lot of people that logic might not be as flawed as it appears.

Ross Ulbricht went to jail for creating dark markets, facilitating the exchange of illegal substances, and a host of other criminal activities.

That wasn't on satoshi.  That was on Ulbricht.

I'm all for freedom, don't get me wrong.  But you cannot ask for people to give you money with no whitepaper, no product, and from an anonymous newbie acct.  That's just crazy. 
wrapperdev (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 05:46:32 PM

Cool.  A few concerns:  

Ross Ulbricht went to jail for creating dark markets, facilitating the exchange of illegal substances, and a host of other criminal activities.

I'm all for freedom, don't get me wrong.  But you cannot ask for people to give you money with no whitepaper, no product, and from an anonymous newbie acct.  That's just crazy. 

The ICO didn't start yet and although you can already have a notion of where we are going with the fourier protocol you will be able to get a more in dept vision before it starts.
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 05:52:34 PM

Cool.  A few concerns:  

The ICO didn't start yet and although you can already have a notion of where we are going with the fourier protocol you will be able to get a more in dept vision before it starts.

Sure, I get a notion.  A "vision" isn't enough though.  That's like me starting a newbie account, creating a website, and asking people to give me money for SUPER-Zcash (like zcash, but WAY better).  I host an ICO during the zcash hype.  Then I say that I will produce a whitepaper to reveal my new tech to the world over a month after the ICO.

People ask me who I am?  Who the genius behind SUPER-Zcash is?  I tell them that it's so super secret, I cannot reveal who I am because I will go to jail.

Do you seriously not see how ridiculous that sounds?
kombiMan

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 07:12:31 PM

seems interesting.... I'm holding zcoin abd komodo and will probably take part in the ico
Solero

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 07:18:18 PM

I'm running as fast as I can from this *scam
dbt1033
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 07:19:38 PM

http://whois.domaintools.com/wrapperproject.com

Registrant Name: Wrapper Development
Registrant Organization: Wrapper
Registrant Street: HEMINGFORD GREY
Registrant Street: 82 Front St
Registrant City: Hemingford
Registrant State/Province: Cambridgeshire
Registrant Postal Code: PE18 2JY
Registrant Country: UK
Registrant Phone: +44.7831504710

Thought you couldn't disclose your identity?  Gigs up.
kombiMan

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 07:21:56 PM

Interesting to see that the only people talking trash about this project are the ones with heavy interest in other privacy coins ahaha. idk we will see, i'm waiting for the whitepaper
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 07:38:14 PM

Hey, if their is any translation bounty then kindly reserve me for Hindi Translations for Indian Altcoin Board, AFter you post full information give me confirmation so that i can start the translation.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: