Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:06:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Avalon 85Gh/s ASIC - Auction, ends within 24 hours!  (Read 11307 times)
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:05:45 PM

I'm hallucinating or there was a post right here warning newbs about Matt being a scammer? Was this post deleted by mods?

Anyhow: please Matt be so kind to answer the questions I ask you in my previous post.

Wwhy don't you publicly commit to use all the revenue generate by your Avalon to pay back what you owe?

Then, let me ask:

how do we know that this is not another prank, and you that will simply not honor your commitment as you did in the past?
what collateral are you offering to your investors as a guarantee?

I am deleting OT replies to the topic.

OK, fair enough. And thanks for staying vigilant, appreciate the work you do.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Delitus

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:11:19 PM

5 @ 0.75
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 02:42:32 PM

5 @ 1.1
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 03:23:01 PM

PS: I removed the status update section as MNW cannot update it due to the thread's location.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:02:35 PM

I'm sorry, I made a mistake in my math (if mods could remove the above miscalculation, it'd be much appreciated).

Here are the current stats:

Code:
User      -  Profit %  -   BTC
niner     -    10      -   1
qwk       -    25      -   1
tysat     -    5       -   1.1
norman    -    10      -   1.2

Delitus

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:28:23 PM

5 @ 1.1
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 04:45:34 PM

My bid is withdrawn.

It is not possible to withdraw your bid, but it is also not necessary. 1 BTC per 1% of profit from an ASIC is highly undervalued.

This is a batch #3 unit

You paid 75BTC for that machine, thus 0.75BTC per 1%

This is already a serious amount given the difficulty projections, but you dare to state that 1BTC for 1% is highly undervalued. Trying to scam some newbies? Would you care to throw some math to back your bold statement?

People have paid 0.8386 for 1% of my Avalon #2, a 3 unit.  That means the market says his 4 unit is worth about 1.157733 BTC
There is a lot of discussion about difficulty and payback in my thread.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:08:14 PM

the market says his 4 unit is worth about 1.157733 BTC

In fact, the market judged you as being someone with less than 4 months reputation on the forums, selling a batch 2, and only 3 modules. There are many different factors here, some in and some against my favor, that it would be hard to say what the market will decide in this particular case. Given that the auction can last up to 12 days, it may in fact do much better than that. One thing is for sure-- with your auction over, the scarcity just went up!  Wink

There is a lot of discussion about difficulty and payback in my thread.

I recommend people read his thread and others before bidding. There is always the possibility for great earnings and losses depending on infinite factors (ranging from market depth, volume, publicity, adoption, hacks, errors, public opinion, etc) when investing in mining equipment. I can say that I personally wouldn't have picked up an Avalon ASIC for 101.5 BTC if I didn't see the potential to make 10x that and create residual income for myself, my debts and my future projects.

shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:20:37 PM

In fact, the market judged you as being someone with less than 4 months reputation on the forums

Very interesting, especially when coming from you.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 08:16:25 AM

I received a message last night for clarification on some points and I agree that they should be mentioned here.

Upon receiving the ASIC, I have *no* intention of:

• The unit will not be altered in any way that is not advised by all parties
  • No experimentation will be done on the unit
  • The unit will be run under default conditions, those recommended by Avalon
  • The unit will not be overclocked, unless a time comes later down the road that *all* parties agree to attempt it due to decreasing profits

Thank you subSTRATA for recommending this information be public. It does indeed help clarify things and in hindsight should have been included in the OP.

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 08:24:56 AM

I received a message last night for clarification on some points and I agree that they should be mentioned here.

Upon receiving the ASIC, I have *no* intention of:

• The unit will not be altered in any way that is not advised by all parties
  • No experimentation will be done on the unit
  • The unit will be run under default conditions, those recommended by Avalon
  • The unit will not be overclocked, unless a time comes later down the road that *all* parties agree to attempt it due to decreasing profits

Thank you subSTRATA for recommending this information be public. It does indeed help clarify things and in hindsight should have been included in the OP.

How do we do know this is not a prank, as per your last commitment towards the community, which has not been honored?
How do we know that you won't just choose to stop paying dividends, and this debt will just be added to the debt you already have with dozens member of this forum?
What kind of collateral are you offering to your investors to guarantee that you will honor your commitment?

Sorry for being such a pain, but I think these are important questions when considering to invest hard-earned bitcoins with someone with your history.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 08:46:11 AM

Sorry for being such a pain, but I think these are important questions when considering to invest hard-earned bitcoins with someone with your history.

Fair enough. You can click the link in my signature for a list of the good things I've done as well as the mistakes I've made. I've handled much more money than this and am still entrusted with far larger things than running a simple Avalon profit sharing agreement. It does seem that you're either too new to know or you are one of the few who took my trolling to heart (perhaps you're a sockpuppet of one of the people who bet with me?). I learned a hard lesson and I grew up. This is a legitimate attempt to make good on it.

which has not been honored?
For the past few months I have worked tirelessly to make things right about that poor decision. If you'd like to see the progress I have made so far, please visit https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140654

Your fears, although legitimate in general towards any transaction in bitcoin, are slightly misguided. I've never scammed anyone, just successfully trolled and crossed a lot of lines I shouldn't have, that I am now very sorry for. I encourage you to follow this thread and see what develops, and I always appreciate the criticisms and advice of others in my business dealings as it helps hone my skills. Thank you.

Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 08:50:42 AM

Fair enough. You can click the link in my signature for a list of the good things I've done as well as the mistakes I've made. I've handled much more money than this and am still entrusted with far larger things than running a simple Avalon profit sharing agreement. It does seem that you're either too new to know or you are one of the few who took my trolling to heart (perhaps you're a sockpuppet of one of the people who bet with me?). I learned a hard lesson and I grew up. This is a legitimate attempt to make good on it.

which has not been honored?
For the past few months I have worked tirelessly to make things right about that poor decision. If you'd like to see the progress I have made so far, please visit https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140654

Your fears, although legitimate in general towards any transaction in bitcoin, are slightly misguided. I've never scammed anyone, just successfully trolled and crossed a lot of lines I shouldn't have, that I am now very sorry for. I encourage you to follow this thread and see what develops, and I always appreciate the criticisms and advice of others in my business dealings as it helps hone my skills. Thank you.

Summing up: no guarantees, no collateral. We just have to blindly trust that this time you will do the right thing - am I right?

I will pass, but I wish you the best of luck.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 11:28:37 AM

I will pass, but I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you!

Just an update, as it says in the OP, this auction can close at anytime but will not last longer than 12 days. The latest it will be open until is April 15th at 03:21:57 AM KST, but likely to close before then due to privately discussed terms from serious bidders.

subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:25:14 PM

10 @ 1.05

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:41:02 PM

Code:
Current stats

User      -  Profit %  -   BTC
qwk       -    20      -   1
subSTRATA -    10      -   1.05
Delitus   -    5       -   1.1
tysat     -    5       -   1.1
norman    -    10      -   1.2

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:43:06 PM

10 @ 1.05
hiima

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:49:46 AM

5@1.1

Whiskey Fund BTC 1K2SG4amzNrB7gUwf5braHuExqnQ5nEKZp LTC Lgoz9gb7q39FMAmBz8odfkx4YFhLeofCpc
actudoran

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:24:17 AM

hi

3@1.2
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy