Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:29:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bytecoin Vs bitcoin  (Read 1325 times)
Byte-Gox (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:30:31 AM

It is true that it is identical in many ways. But, differences do exist. Can we discuss them like gentlemen here?

Example:

Bitcoin has a bigger network of users as of today

Bytecoin has a bigger block reward as of today

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wopwop

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:31:52 AM

I just read that someone lost Bitcoins after he installed the Bytecoin client because it contained a trojan
Byte-Gox (OP)

Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:32:36 AM

Holy Crap!!!?? Is this true??? Huh
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 07:09:49 AM

Yes now I have 0 bytecoins

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:11:22 AM

Yes now I have 0 bytecoins
My BTC was stolen yesterday. I did not install bytecoin client. I just upgraded my btc client to v0.8 somedays back during the fork.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:15:39 AM

I just read that someone lost Bitcoins after he installed the Bytecoin client because it contained a trojan
I haven't observed it look for any bitcoin wallet.dat files.
shinkicker

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:36:42 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2013, 07:49:19 AM by shinkicker

There is zero difference between them at all.

I confirmed this by looking at the code. The only difference is hashGenesisBlock is changed (first block of the blockchain) a few other minor values + changing the words 'bitcoin' to 'bytecoin'.

There is literally zero development / thought gone in at all.

In fact I with a laymans level of understanding the code and using the same method, I could produce beatcoin, breadcoin, trollcoin etc in the same time it takes to make a sandwich and eat it.

People often make the argument that LTC is a copy of BTC, but LTC has swapped out the whole encryption mechanism, changed blocksizes and done some significant work (which took skill). BTE is not the same.

This was born out of protest for someone being banned from a forum. Everyone is jumping onto it though in hope of being an early adopter, the thing is there is nothing to stop anyone releasing BTE-v2 in the next couple of days for those that missed out on BTE.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 07:54:21 AM

In fact I with a laymans level of understanding the code and using the same method, I could produce beatcoin, breadcoin, trollcoin etc in the same time it takes to make a sandwich and eat it.

U could produce these coins, but are u able to lead ppl like Maria is?
shinkicker

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:29:08 AM

U could produce these coins, but are u able to lead ppl like Maria is?

Difficult to say as I don't know how Maria is.
boscorocks

Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:30:01 AM

After researching, I don't believe it was the Bytecoin client itself, but rather doing mining for Bytecoin.  I did bring it up as a question however because it was soon after I installed the client that my money disappeared. Since nobody else has reported anything else on this, I am pretty sure it wasn't the client.  I hope Bytecoin grows now to at least $2 each to help make up for my loss~
bootlace

Activity: 364

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:39:08 AM

My bytecoin client says Ive made 4 transactions, but only 3 are showing..is this normal?

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: