Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:38:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RX-480 - 31+mh @ 125w at the wall - Modded ROM - HELPING OTHERS  (Read 3995 times)
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 04:24:57 AM

Will someone post a rom here eventually to help others?

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 05:06:26 AM

Will someone post a rom here eventually to help others?

This is not a ROM you just post and flash.  These need to be fairly card specific.  As explained previously I am willing to help others to learn to make these types of ROM's but unfortunately I cannot just sit around and make ROM's for people.  I am willing to help people help themselves. 

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 05:12:50 AM

Looks like some people just think they are better than others, that shit bores me.  I thought I would create a thread and help people with ROM's that are like me, less intelligent than the "almighty" ones here on the forum.

Hey, i never understood why, after i invited you to ethOS (we were chummy then), all i heard is you threw a fit and asked for a refund. (And you started ignoring me) Then while we discuss stuff in another thread, you come and invade my thread and then create your own, insulting/denouncing people publicly. I would ask you stop twisting things and creating drama out of it.

Now, i congratulate you for being willing to take your time to help small users for free, like we have been doing in #ethereumOS for months. It's the support channel for ethereum mining distro, but we spend 99% of our time actually helping people set up their rigs and get the most from their cards, several hours a day, everyday.

I'm probably just wasting my time, trying to patch things up, but i had to try.

Regarding the voltage offset set in BIOS. Small time users can just use wattmontool or a pletoras of tools to make it happen. There is no need to have them risk bricking their cards.

I believe it is only of interest to users whom have a large farm, that can't tweak cards one by one. Using this mod, they will save thousands of dollars (maybe even per month), and you denounce people for asking a little something in return. For example, the last mod i sold, the guy ROI'd from the saving i gave him in 2 weeks.

I guess i'm selfish, but if i'm going to save someone 20k USD per year, i'm going to ask for a BTC or something. If you're willing to help them saving that much money without getting something in return, then i applaud you.

Actually I complemented you on the ROM in your thread and questioned the cost/benefit ratio.  I have no problem with you but it is apparent you are upset.  You took my quote and put yourself in it when it was not directed at you at all.

Secondly, in regards to Ethos and Kotarius, I participated on the channel helping people and told him that I was running more rigs than I paid for and would send him the money.  He said no problem but then later cut me off from accessing my miners and WILL NOT give me access to the 12+ licenses that were paid.  Essentially he stole $360 from me.  At this point it is a moot point.  

I am much happier with AwesomeMiner that allows me to control as many rigs as i want, install other miners not supported and allows me to mine whatever coin I want.  

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 05:13:23 AM

I have been tied up guys but will start posting some info on modding ROMs later tonight.

ivanpop

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 08:02:20 AM

Have you tried Gigabyte 480 4gb gaming g1? Can it be moded to do arround 28mh?
kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 09:31:59 AM

Let me clarify, I will help people learn to do their own ROMs.  I am not looking to do 100 different ROMs, I don't have that kind of time.

As Eliovp has pointed out they aren't the easiest thing to do and take time to do correctly.  If someone wants to help themselves I will help them.

If VoltageObjectInfo has an initialization table for the VRM, it can be added very quickly. You can automate most of it.

Probably easy for a programmer of your caliber but unfortunately my programming stopped with Pascal in the '80's Undecided .  I will definitively look into it.  Thanks for the idea.

bobben2

Activity: 279
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 04:27:15 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2016, 06:40:34 PM by bobben2

All,
If you happen to have the Sapphire RX 470 card you can BIOS mod the core voltage quite easily using a hex editor as described below.
Possibly, this method can be used on other cards, too.

If you mod your BIOS it is at your own risk. I bear no responsibility.

I used HxD to undervolt core of my cards.

I found a recipe on overclock.net on Polaris Bios Editing - http://www.overclock.net/t/1604567/lightbox/post/25523158/id/2873391

Open the ROM BIOS file retrieved from your card in HxD.  Search for string FF 00 01 07 0C 00.
Locate the four bytes just preceeding the above string.   If the first two bytes = 8D 00 then the next two bytes is the VDDC.
Say you want a -75mV undervolt.  Then store the value F4 FF in the two bytes.  The actual value is FFF4 hex, which is -12 decimal.   (-12 x 6.25 = -75)
After edit your BIOS should read:   8D 00 F4 FF FF 00 01 07 0C 00
Save the file and open and save it with Polaris BIOS editor to update the checksum.
Then flash your card.  
After reboot you can verify the lowered voltage using the TPO GPU-Z sofware.
Good luck!

Fellow miners, get your thens and thans in order and help other forum readers understand what you are writing. Remember the grammar basics:  B larger THAN A (comparator operator). If something THEN ....
Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2016, 09:31:36 PM

All,
If you happen to have the Sapphire RX 470 card you can BIOS mod the core voltage quite easily using a hex editor as described below.

I found a recipe on overclock.net on Polaris Bios Editing - http://www.overclock.net/t/1604567/lightbox/post/25523158/id/2873391

Open the ROM BIOS file retrieved from your card in HxD.  Search for string FF 00 01 07 0C 00.
Locate the four bytes just preceeding the above string.   If the first two bytes = 8D 00 then the next two bytes is the VDDC.
Say you want a -75mV undervolt.  Then store the value F4 FF in the two bytes.  The actual value is FFF4 hex, which is -12 decimal.   (-12 x 6.25 = -75)
Save the file and open and save it with Polaris BIOS editor to update the checksum.
Then flash your card.  
Good luck!

Only on Sapphire Nitro models.

It's possible on every other model, but you'll have to add those offsets yourself  Wink
Which is perfectly possible Smiley

kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 02:33:30 AM

All,

Then flash your card.  
Good luck!

Only on Sapphire Nitro models.

It's possible on every other model, but you'll have to add those offsets yourself  Wink
Which is perfectly possible Smiley

Please if anyone wants to follow the instructions given by bobben2 please do only on Nitro's as it will cause problems on other cards.  Eliovp is spot on and knows what he is talking about.

kilo17 (OP)
Legendary

aka "whocares"

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 02:59:17 AM

Thread closed to start a new thread.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: