Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:56:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HotPot - Lottery/Auction Style Gambling  (Read 995 times)
Alanay (OP)

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 12:53:14 PM

http://hotpot.site/

What Is HotPot?

- HotPot is a creative way to gamble your Bitcoins, just like any other game you can strategize your play or just gamble whenever you feel like it.

- The game has been described as a hybrid of a lottery and an auction.

How Do I Play?

- The minimum deposit is 0.001 BTC (1,000 bits) and must include your wallet fees. Most wallets like Blockchain.info will adjust the transaction automatically to cover the fees. If your wallet doesn't then you may have to send 0.0011 BTC instead.

- After the first deposit has been confirmed a timer will start from 24 hours. Once this timer ends the last person who deposited into the pot wins (kind of like an auction). Each confirmed deposit gives you a chance to win but also sets the timer back 3 hours.

- If you want to strategize your bets then you can try and wait until it looks like everybody else if offline and not paying attention, then you can grab the pot.

- You are 100% welcome to create your own bots to bid for you.

Legalities

- Please check with your countries/states website to see if it legal to gamble online, or if you are at the minimum age requirement.

- There will soon be IP checks put in place to block users coming from restricted areas.

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Alanay (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 01:20:30 PM

Provably fair Huh

It is not provably fair otherwise I'd had to implement another API which I can't afford to pay the developer. I've PMd some escrow users to be the pot address hoolder but they have not replied. Do you know anybody willing to do it? (Must have at least 10 rep)

OpenTalkLab

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 01:29:04 PM

I don't get it, If the players win everything what's the benefit of site owner? Do you think people who gamble a lot will wait long time for the result?

Maybe if you Set the time to each block will give one winner than more people will be interested. IMO
Alanay (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 01:30:32 PM

I don't get it, If the players win everything what's the benefit of site owner? Do you think people who gamble a lot will wait long time for the result?

Maybe if you Set the time to each block will give one winner than more people will be interested. IMO

Each deposit does set the time back by 3 hours. I as the owner receive 10%, this is until I can get back the money I've invested into the site then I will change it to only 1%.

Two people deposited 10x the minimum deposit, I want to say again depositing more than the minimum gives you no advantage.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2016, 02:31:47 PM

Each deposit does set the time back by 3 hours. I as the owner receive 10%, this is until I can get back the money I've invested into the site then I will change it to only 1%.

Two people deposited 10x the minimum deposit, I want to say again depositing more than the minimum gives you no advantage.
10% is pretty steep, I think. And do you also have some budget left for advertising?
Something like this will only work if there's enough players playing.

On the other hand, if there are a lot of players playing with bots, this could take ages...

Alanay (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 04:40:31 PM

10% is pretty steep, I think. And do you also have some budget left for advertising?
Something like this will only work if there's enough players playing.

On the other hand, if there are a lot of players playing with bots, this could take ages...

Yes, but all good things have to come to and end. I don't expect even one game to last for weeks unless it magically becomes really popular. So far my only advertising is on this thread and another on a different forum. I also have a discord channel. I need to advertise it a lot more though clearly.

amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 04:50:29 PM

--------
Have you refunded them i think you should refund them as game is preety new and they may not have understood how game works. And returning back is also good for building reputation of your site.

Seeing 0.007 btc in pot quite good number, i think you should hide that timer on top so that people have to guess when it will be stopped giving more deposit to jackpot so that more and more will keep depositing for bigger win.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Alanay (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 04:52:55 PM

--------
Have you refunded them i think you should refund them as game is preety new and they may not have understood how game works. And returning back is also good for building reputation of your site.

Seeing 0.007 btc in pot quite good number, i think you should hide that timer on top so that people have to guess when it will be stopped giving more deposit to jackpot so that more and more will keep depositing for bigger win.

That's a good idea to hide the timer, if it gets some more players I'll bring out a poll and ask if it what they want.

As for the two people who deposited 10x what they needed to if they can post here with a signed message using their BTC address I'll send it back to them. Maybe they were doing it as a donation? Who knows.  Grin

Alanay (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 07:51:24 PM

The timer went over 24 hours but it has been fixed now. It's still open to play. Minimum deposit only 0.001 BTC. If you want to deposit more then do it on multiple transactions, not one big one.

jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 07:54:00 PM

is there any escrow to join this lottery?
Alanay (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 07:56:33 PM

Not yet. I asked MonBux to be the pot address holder but he has not replied. I can easily set up the escrow but I'm having trouble finding somebody willing to do it. if you know anyone please PM me.

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 08:05:48 PM

- After the first deposit has been confirmed a timer will start from 24 hours. Once this timer ends the last person who deposited into the pot wins (kind of like an auction). Each confirmed deposit gives you a chance to win but also sets the timer back 3 hours.
Kind of like reverse Ponzi, where the last investor takes away all the money. It'd be a tragedy, if instead of the last investor, OP takes all the money, as and when the pot is BIG, and runs away. Roll Eyes

Alanay (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 08:12:35 PM

Kind of like reverse Ponzi, where the last investor takes away all the money. It'd be a tragedy, if instead of the last investor, OP takes all the money, as and when the pot is BIG, and runs away. Roll Eyes

Yes it would be. Recently soembody taking on investors just got away with 3,000 USD. This is why I want to find an escrow holder so I can build up some reputability and don't have to keep answering people like you.  Wink

Johny Depp

Activity: 211
Merit: 125

busting the bastards

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 08:26:09 PM

Not yet. I asked MonBux to be the pot address holder but he has not replied. I can easily set up the escrow but I'm having trouble finding somebody willing to do it. if you know anyone please PM me.
What the f**k this thread is doing in gambling section? Why the f**k u have started this scam without an escrow?

***Public Notice***

SCAM ALERT

This is a f**king PONZI. OP may run away with your money as and when he wishes.

I have already left -ve trust on this scammer's account (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=263555). Requesting DefaultTrust members to do the same to save unsuspecting newbies from getting scammed.

Exposing frauds since 2014
Alanay (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 08:29:36 PM

What the f**k this thread is doing in gambling section? Why the f**k u have started this scam without an escrow?

***Public Notice***

SCAM ALERT

This is a f**king PONZI. OP may run away with your money as and when he wishes.

I have already left -ve trust on this scammer's account (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=263555). Requesting DefaultTrust members to do the same to save unsuspecting newbies from getting scammed.

.1 It's not a scam, that is simply slander.

.2 I am 100% open to Escrow, not that it is required of me to do so at all.

.3 Do you know what a ponzi is? If so, what is it then?

.4 You did not leave any trust? If you want to warn people then go ahead and do it politely.

.5 This is not the place for immature posting.

Johny Depp

Activity: 211
Merit: 125

busting the bastards

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 08:35:19 PM

Previously OP admitted to SCAM...

Tragedy is, he also asked Is stealing Bitcoin illegal?

Exposing frauds since 2014
Alanay (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2016, 08:37:39 PM

@Johny Depp

I was joking, you can ask anybody. Nobody got scammed $412 rofl.

That thread also was made years ago and I was referring to somebody generating address which already had BTC in it.

raphma

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 01:18:43 AM

LOL
he was the OP from Is stealing Bitcoin illegal?
hard to believe in this site after that...

That thread also was made years ago and I was referring to somebody generating address which already had BTC in it.
dude, doesn't matter if the history on the thread were about generating address which already had btc..
you have a gambling site without escrow and you start a thread asking if steal bitcoin is illegal, what should anyone think about that?
Alanay (OP)

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 01:25:14 AM

LOL

dude, doesn't matter if the history on the thread were about generating address which already had btc..
you have a gambling site without escrow and you start a thread asking if steal bitcoin is illegal, what should anyone think about that?

I don't care what they think. I can't force you to play. You guys completely took that thread out of context. I don't legally need escrow and I don't even need it to post on this forum. I have said many times now and it is annoying me, I am willing to do escrow. First I must find somebody to do escrow, and nobody is willing. So where does that leave me? To forget my investment and close the site? No.

Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 02:22:30 AM

LOL

I don't care what they think. I can't force you to play. You guys completely took that thread out of context. I don't legally need escrow and I don't even need it to post on this forum. I have said many times now and it is annoying me, I am willing to do escrow. First I must find somebody to do escrow, and nobody is willing. So where does that leave me? To forget my investment and close the site? No.

There are a lot of escrows on bitcointalk, I'm sure not all of them will turn you down.

Check out this list: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855778.0

Good luck with your site!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: