Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:56:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Attitude towards BCT automation?  (Read 647 times)
PremiumCodeX (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 08:31:46 PM

Hello! Some forums support, others accept or disallow automation in them. I heard about auto-bump bots and similar on BCT already so I guess BCT is either supports or accepts such automation even though I have not heard about a BCT API yet. Is there an official BCT API? Is creating custom APIs and similar automation/automation-supporting tools allowed for BCT?

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arcathomas

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 08:36:05 PM

I think you are not in the right board for that question
Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 10:25:08 PM

Hello! Some forums support, others accept or disallow automation in them. I heard about auto-bump bots and similar on BCT already so I guess BCT is either supports or accepts such automation even though I have not heard about a BCT API yet. Is there an official BCT API? Is creating custom APIs and similar automation/automation-supporting tools allowed for BCT?

AFAIK there's no official API, only unofficial one.  Pretty sure creating your own tools for whatever it is you want to do is allowed too as long as it doesn't break the rules.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
PremiumCodeX (OP)

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 06:47:31 PM

AFAIK there's no official API, only unofficial one.  Pretty sure creating your own tools for whatever it is you want to do is allowed too as long as it doesn't break the rules.

Thank you! Finally, an API in Java. Java is a programming language that I have used a bit already. I feel glad because the creator made it open-source so that I do not have to write everything from zero. Unfortunately, the example pages seem to be broken, but I am sure I will still find the source code helpful when I make the time to check it. I will have to develop it further anyway because there will be some custom features that will be unique. So, overall I can state that creating custom APIs and similar are not against site policy, can't I?

Jhanzo

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

Thank satoshi

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 10:16:31 PM

So, overall I can state that creating custom APIs and similar are not against site policy, can't I?

I believe so, yeah.

Trusted an exchange that climbed to the top 3 in just under 2 years with your money? you are fucking stupid.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6115

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 02:17:45 PM

Instead of wasting your time with the current unofficial API , I guess It would be better If you work with the new forum software API : http://epochtalk.org/api.html , that could save you a lot of work since we may switch to the new forum soon.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
PremiumCodeX (OP)

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 06:51:29 PM

Instead of wasting your time with the current unofficial API , I guess It would be better If you work with the new forum software API : http://epochtalk.org/api.html , that could save you a lot of work since we may switch to the new forum soon.

Will we switch to a new forum software? That is new for me. In this case, I really should look forward. Thank you for the information! Still, I think the old API will be helpful since maybe I can adapt its features to the new forum software with some modding. That depends on how the creators of the original API wrote it, though.

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6115

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 07:04:29 PM

Will we switch to a new forum software? That is new for me. In this case, I really should look forward. Thank you for the information! Still, I think the old API will be helpful since maybe I can adapt its features to the new forum software with some modding. That depends on how the creators of the original API wrote it, though.

Yes we will and as you can see on the news section above :

To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

The API I gave you will be something official and the "epochtalk" is a new forum software that is made by developers paid by theymos , everything is open source and you could see the Github repo : https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
PremiumCodeX (OP)

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 11:04:03 AM

The API I gave you will be something official and the "epochtalk" is a new forum software that is made by developers paid by theymos , everything is open source and you could see the Github repo : https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk/

Thank you! I think, I will develop with epochtalk. I decided to choose it according to the software change that we expect in the not too far future. I will be able to proceed with my plans from now on. Maybe, I will release some tools with the new API soon. Since all from my questions (and more) was answered, I am closing this discussion now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: