Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:46:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] The Keyois Capsule. A new type of physical bitcoin *NEW*12-ton press video  (Read 7462 times)
aolley (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 04:55:59 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2017, 03:03:39 AM by aolley

Keyois.com now live, check it out for everything Keyois Capsule related

What?
Is a cryptocurrency piggy bank. You can put funds into it but you need to break it apart to spend the funds.
It's hard to break apart so it's tamper-resistant and tamper-evident. It won't burn, rot, rust, melt, or otherwise lose data where so many other types of cold storage would.

Why?
I was unsatisfied with current methods of cold storage and so I decided to make myself something better. Click here to see problems with common methods of cold storage and why you should want something better.

A backup seed or private key can be printed on paper or stored digitally but these mediums can be damaged by fire, time, water, and much more. Not everyone can have the perfect backup procedure and this is great if you don't have land or need something to last a long time.
To be fair there are cheaper ways to improve your own situation, including: stamping or engraving on a piece of steel and securing that from wandering eyes; but this is super stylish.

The Keyois Capsule is a tamper evident yet stylish way to keep a secret key safe from harm.

Benefits over a conventional paper cold storage wallet include:  
  • Titanium rings won't become unreadable with water or smoke damage
  • Rot proof (until we get alien fungus, probably from space)
  • Made of corrosion/rust resistant materials
  • Key pair is kept in water tight space
  • Shinny and all awesome looking
  • Can survive being boiled in custard and baked into a pie
  • Tamper evident, if someone sees your current paper wallet you might not know until you go to spend it

The Keyois Capsule    

How?
Your BIP38 encrypted Secret Key (or otherwise encrypted backup seed) in engraved into a titanium ring.    
That is set inside another ring that bears the address.    
That is then put into a tamper evident and air-tight capsule with a elegant centerpiece of lab-created ruby or sapphire.  

The end pieces are made of aircraft grade aluminium (al 6061) and the 'glass' surrounding it is borosilicate (pyrex).

I will give away one free capsule to anyone who correctly figures out where I got "Keyois" from, but I doubt anyone will get it. Still if you want to try just make a guess in the comments or message me. - That's all folks, someone figured out how we got the name!

To get the ball rolling I have made seven capsules available that are already ready-to-go that are available for sale without providing me with a encrypted key and address; I'll send you everything already generated and secured. No more of these left, thanks to those who got them! Sold out of these, thanks so much everyone!

You must supply me with an address and a BIP38 encrypted secret key / encrypted seed. Because of this these items are not recommended for novices.

Please re-read BIP38 and do some research on password strength and see this info about the pieces

As a customizable artwork, the Keyois capsule has many potential possibilities.

The main centerpiece options for buyers include:

To see more centerpiece options and under more light see the following albums: The main centerpiece options, miscellaneous options, & watermelon-tourmaline & quartz/ bright lights/ magnets

Of the first edition capsules: 13 new capsules remain available in total. 10 more are available that have been used for pictures and the end pieces have scratches, you can buy one of these 'worn' capsules for 15% off.

Second edition capsules hopefully coming soon!

Photos

See list of all photo albums

Including things such as: Impact Testing by hitting with Tractor bucket + Radiograph & negative, Potato video of tractor crushing  (Headphone warning!), water-tight Testing, a GIF of one option for centerpieces, the rubies under UV light , the x-ray and normal compared  , how reflective they are , the screw heads drilled out, more professional photographs by videographer WordsmithJr, a long imgur album about me making the capsules, & the size.

When?
Visit Keyois.com to order!

Message me to order, I will ask you to:

• Choose the centerpiece style
    • Supply me with an address and an encrypted key / seed
    • Message me with these details and your shipping address. Shipping is free within the USA but I have to charge for international orders, give me  your postal code for a shipping cost estimate. Turn around time is 3-5 weeks
    • Send payment in bitcoin to 13kqk3uk2b577KBSjZuwKQT3MGD9mEaVJC, price is $100 US

GIFs!

tl;dr: The Keyois Capsule is a fire/water/smoke/chemical/high-temperature/low-temperature/damage/sunlight/fluctuating high-strength magnetic field/age/time/view/ & tamper resistant piggy bank. A better method of cold storage it's cold hard storage.

[/list]

See my cold hard storage device at: Keyois.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    "I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
    Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    klondike_bar
    Legendary

Activity: 2128
    Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
    October 23, 2016, 09:46:13 PM

I really like these, reminds me a lot of kialara's design concepts.

Is it possible to purchase the entire assembly (engaved) so that it can be double-checked by buyer to ensure keys are correct?

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
    No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
    aolley (OP)

View Profile
    October 23, 2016, 10:05:30 PM

I really like these, reminds me a lot of kialara's design concepts.

Is it possible to purchase the entire assembly (engaved) so that it can be double-checked by buyer to ensure keys are correct?

Thanks! Yes i took a lot of inspiration from the Kialara coin, in fact I think I wrote him and some other people an email about a year ago suggesting they make something along these lines, when I never got any responses is when I took matters into my own hands.

I can photograph the inner ring before assembly if you like. Once the rings are epoxied together the gemstones are also set in epoxy and well maybe I also put some epoxy on the ends of the stands offs for added strength. Anyway that isn't so hard but torquing the screws and adding loctite to the screws and drilling out the screw heads present some challenges for some people. If you really want it though I see no reason why not.

digicoinuser
    Legendary

Activity: 2716
    Merit: 1072

View Profile
    October 23, 2016, 11:37:59 PM

I'm really looking forward to this item and appreciate all the hard work that's gone into the project.  Stay tuned as it should be here this week and I'll share some pictures.   Smiley

TommyBitcoin

Activity: 350
    Merit: 250

Interested in the Power of Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
    October 23, 2016, 11:38:56 PM

These really are neat!  I agree- they remind me of the Kialaras.

A couple of questions:

1) do you accept escrow?  

2) Are these numbered, in a collectible kind-of way?

I am still interested, and I love seeing the creativity that has sprouted out of the physical bitcoin space.  Cheesy

*********BUY OR SELL YOUR BITCOIN TO A TRUSTED TRADER********
    ***I want to buy and sell you bitcoins***(eight )-(eight)-4 85-TOMMY
    aolley (OP)

View Profile
    October 24, 2016, 06:31:17 PM

These really are neat!  I agree- they remind me of the Kialaras.

A couple of questions:

1) do you accept escrow?  

2) Are these numbered, in a collectible kind-of way?

I am still interested, and I love seeing the creativity that has sprouted out of the physical bitcoin space.  Cheesy

Hi there, thanks for the comments!

Escrow is no problem, but this is my first time making/selling anything like this and I am not well versed

The items themselves are not numbered, I didn't like some of the marking other physical coins had so I decided to go just smooth and unmarked.
    Really I don't think they would be very collectable since the key is pass-phrase protected; however there are only 50 of these 1st editions and the next editions will all look different. So you can collect all the editions i suppose.

There will be a number handwritten on the package; the packaging is kind of fun too. I tried to avoid that whole mycelium entropy - problem in packages potentially being opened

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    October 25, 2016, 06:59:36 PM

Perhaps I should make a separate post but in the bottom of this post is this point:

I will give away one free capsule to anyone who correctly figures out where I got "Keyois" from, but I doubt anyone will get it. Still if you want to try just make a guess in the comments or message me.

Also I just realized this could have been called a BitCapsule

BitcoinPenny
    aka CJBianco
    Legendary

Activity: 2662
    Merit: 2203

BitcoinPenny.com

View Profile WWW
    October 25, 2016, 08:26:49 PM
    Last edit: October 25, 2016, 08:51:32 PM by BitcoinPenny

I will give away one free capsule to anyone who correctly figures out where I got "Keyois" from, but I doubt anyone will get it. Still if you want to try just make a guess in the comments or message me.

I'll try...

My guess is that it's a subtle, tongue-in-cheek comparison of your unique cold wallet design against all other cold wallet designs. To be more specific, it's a portmanteau of the words "key" (as in the bitcoin private key) and the acronym EYOIS which stands for "Everything You Own Is Sh*t" (when compared to the unique design of the Keyois).

How many guesses do we get?

Regards,
    Chris

BitcoinPenny.com | "When it comes to bitcoin swag, we make perfect CENTS!"
    miffman
    Legendary

Activity: 1904

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
    October 25, 2016, 08:50:28 PM

Perhaps I should make a separate post but in the bottom of this post is this point:

The part 'key' has to do with the bitcoin private keys and 'yois' stands for: Ye Olde Infocomme Shoppe (software collectibles)  Grin (ref: http://www.acronymfinder.com/YOIS.html)

I have to be close  Tongue

█ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    BitBlender 

█ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    aolley (OP)

View Profile
    October 26, 2016, 01:53:15 AM

I'll try...

My guess is that it's a subtle, tongue-in-cheek comparison of your unique cold wallet design against all other cold wallet designs. To be more specific, it's a portmanteau of the words "key" (as in the bitcoin private key) and the acronym EYOIS which stands for "Everything You Own Is Sh*t" (when compared to the unique design of the Keyois).

How many guesses do we get?

Regards,
    Chris

You can have as many guesses as you'd like, I still don't think anyone will get it

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    October 26, 2016, 02:32:39 AM

The part 'key' has to do with the bitcoin private keys and 'yois' stands for: Ye Olde Infocomme Shoppe (software collectibles)  Grin (ref: http://www.acronymfinder.com/YOIS.html)

Hello friend, you are not close. I will give you a hint though, the english word 'key' has nothing to do with it. I very much doubt anyone will get it; but that isn't to say they would be unable.

digicoinuser
    Legendary

View Profile
    October 26, 2016, 02:46:21 AM

Got mine in yesterday, un-boxing was neat since the item was secured in a sealed "enclosure" that had to be broken in order to retrieve the item.  After breaking the enclosure, it was sealed in a capsule with tamper evident hologram.  Opening that revealed the Keyois capsule and it turned out to be quite a nice custom item!   Smiley

Here is the whole un-boxing photo album if interested - http://imgur.com/a/M5oZY

klondike_bar
    Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
    October 26, 2016, 10:29:52 PM

Hello friend, you are not close. I will give you a hint though, the english word 'key' has nothing to do with it. I very much doubt anyone will get it; but that isn't to say they would be unable.
    there goes "key wise"...
    how about " kontains encrypted yonkers of indestructible storage"?

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
    aolley (OP)

View Profile
    October 28, 2016, 11:58:57 PM

there goes "key wise"...
    how about " kontains encrypted yonkers of indestructible storage"?

Ha, no not that either. A few more guesses and I'll give another hint.

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    November 03, 2016, 12:09:40 AM
    Last edit: November 05, 2016, 09:55:59 PM by aolley

I'm going to be doing some durability testing of the capsules and I'd like to share my results and even take suggestions (but I can't promise I can do them).

Let's start with Water-tight Testing: https://imgur.com/a/aY9F3
    The capsules are water-tight when underwater for 3 weeks.

The capsules are water-tight with an exterior pressure of 30PSI for at least a few hours.

I also want to do comparisons between some other methods of cold storage and to make that cheaper I will use fakes: a USB stick, a printed piece of paper, & a coin with a tamper evident sticker.

Planned tests:
    • Crushing with a back-hoe
    • Fire
    • Moving from hot to cold. I've done boiling water to ice slurry but what about poor-man's liquid nitrogen(Dry-ice mixed with alcohol slurry)  or boiling oil so that the change is enough to crack the borosilicate (pyrex)
    • Eat with harsh chemicals

tothemoonsands

Activity: 1033
    Merit: 658

friendsofsatoshi.com

View Profile
    November 03, 2016, 05:17:14 AM

I'm going to be doing some durability testing of the capsules and I'd like to share my results and even take suggestions (but I can't promise I can do them).

Let's start with Water-tight Testing

The capsules are water-tight with an exterior pressure of 30PSI for at least a few hours.

I also want to do comparisons between some other methods of cold storage and to make that cheaper I will use fakes: a USB stick, a printed piece of paper, & a coin with a tamper evident sticker.

Planned tests:
    • Fire
    • Moving from hot to cold. I've done boiling water to ice slurry but what about poor-man's liquid nitrogen(Dry-ice mixed with alcohol slurry)  or boiling oil so that the change is enough to crack the borosilicate (pyrex)

Are you going to film this? If not, I'd love to get one of these for a "Friends of Satoshi" Review (See Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD_a4hqRUzIvtUv30QXYX5Q
    ) If you are, we could help with the post-production? Just let me know - it's a great product you are building!

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    November 06, 2016, 10:48:43 PM

Let's start with Water-tight Testing

Planned tests:
    • Fire
    • Moving from hot to cold. I've done boiling water to ice slurry but what about poor-man's liquid nitrogen(Dry-ice mixed with alcohol slurry)  or boiling oil so that the change is enough to crack the borosilicate (pyrex)

Are you going to film this? If not, I'd love to get one of these for a "Friends of Satoshi" Review (See Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD_a4hqRUzIvtUv30QXYX5Q
    ) If you are, we could help with the post-production? Just let me know - it's a great product you are building!

Yes I will film it and put a video up, hopefully sometime next week.

Rmcdermott927
    Legendary

Activity: 2254
    Merit: 1140

View Profile
    November 07, 2016, 04:03:10 AM

Do you still have ones with the tritium inserts?

If so, I'll take one of those.   

Feel free to send me a PM if you do.   Thanks.

monkeynuts
    Legendary

Activity: 1251
    Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
    November 07, 2016, 09:10:50 AM

Great innovation here ! Good to see something a little different from the rounds with holos or paperwallets

I will wait for a few more folks to give their opinions once they have recieved them, before I order one. But I like it.

I would love to see some evolution of this concept into a 'reusable' product. Similar level of protection against the elements, but that you dont have to destroy to access the funds .... if that is possible. Potentially ship with spare rings to DIY the BIP38 encrypted Secret Key (ie self engrave) for the next use. Appreciate that would be a big ask ! Potentially compromise a little on the level of protection available, for the ability to reuse.

Watching :-)
    Liad.Services

Activity: 238

View Profile
    November 07, 2016, 09:42:18 AM

Great innovation here ! Good to see something a little different from the rounds with holos or paperwallets

I will wait for a few more folks to give their opinions once they have recieved them, before I order one. But I like it.

I would love to see some evolution of this concept into a 'reusable' product. Similar level of protection against the elements, but that you dont have to destroy to access the funds .... if that is possible. Potentially ship with spare rings to DIY the BIP38 encrypted Secret Key (ie self engrave) for the next use. Appreciate that would be a big ask ! Potentially compromise a little on the level of protection available, for the ability to reuse.

It looks pretty cool.
    I think that you have sold a pretty big problem for the bitcoin community hear.
    I think you should upload a Fire test as well ,what is the max temperature that the capsule can survive at?

Also are you open to reservations? or it is still a pre anouncment?.

Are you accepting a custom capsule order? Like a specific size and color?
    Thanks.
    Kialara

Activity: 549
    Merit: 788

View Profile
    November 07, 2016, 08:59:05 PM

Cool project, Jack. Please see PM. I'd like to place an order and see one in person.
    digicoinuser
    Legendary

View Profile
    November 07, 2016, 09:26:43 PM

Cool project, Jack. Please see PM. I'd like to place an order and see one in person.

You won't be disappointed, I was very pleased with the construction of my item and am contemplating another.  Smiley

monkeynuts
    Legendary

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
    November 07, 2016, 11:52:07 PM

So... I am assuming Keyois is an acronym

Something along the lines of
    Know everything you own is secure (or safe)
    Keep everything you own in storage (or in safety)

Or some variant?
    BG4
    Legendary

Activity: 1006
    Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
    November 08, 2016, 02:52:36 PM

I have to take a crack at guessing...

The    KEY  (O)ofline (I)nternet (S)afe Capsule

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    November 09, 2016, 05:55:50 AM

It looks pretty cool.
    I think that you have sold a pretty big problem for the bitcoin community hear.
    I think you should upload a Fire test as well ,what is the max temperature that the capsule can survive at?

Also are you open to reservations? or it is still a pre anouncment?.

Are you accepting a custom capsule order? Like a specific size and color?
    Thanks.

The capsules are ready to order!

I plan to upload some video/photos of the trying to burn the capsules. I recently had one radiographed (X-rayed) to see if the engraving is visible through in the X-ray (it isn't), I will upload those soon too.

As far as suggestion optional limits for the unit:
    The low temp is -22 F due to the nitrile, the high temp weakness is also due to the nitrile o-ring. For the 2nd edition I plan on getting teflon o-ring because they are way better chemical resistance (but cost 10 times as much), however their temp range is still only 250ºF to 450ºF.

That said, after a fire you know the capsule has been tampered with, the question is, are the secret keys still safe. They are engraved on titanium so I hope so, we'll see for sure in a fire test. I think the metal end pieces may not make it if we keep the fire burning many hours, but I don't think the laser-etched secret rings should be hurt. The 3rd edition will have titanium or 316 Stainless Steel end piece, and the second edition may have tungsten center rings instead of titanium.

While I have some customizations they mostly revolve around the centerpiece. I have a number of lab-created ruby and sapphire cylinder rods and a few stray gemstones that fit but aren't as pretty. You can see some examples on this page: https://www.reddit.com/r/Keyois/comments/501wxr/buy_a_keyois_capsule_less_than_50_available/

Let me know what you're after, maybe we can make happen

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    November 10, 2016, 06:22:53 PM

So... I am assuming Keyois is an acronym

Something along the lines of
    Know everything you own is secure (or safe)
    Keep everything you own in storage (or in safety)

Or some variant?

Alas not that, a few more guesses and I'll give another clue I suppose

Rmcdermott927
    Legendary

View Profile
    November 11, 2016, 05:46:41 PM

I placed my order.  I can't wait to receive mine.   I will post a thorough review and pictures when it arrives in a few weeks.    I might have to make room in my Kialara case for this one...

miffman
    Legendary

View Profile
    November 11, 2016, 06:52:32 PM

Another guess from me:

A portmanteau of the words key (referring to bitcoin priv/pub keys) and octrois (http://www.wordfind.com/word/octrois/)

A hopeless guess really  Grin

█ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    BitBlender 

█ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    aolley (OP)

View Profile
    November 12, 2016, 02:25:44 AM

Another guess from me:

A portmanteau of the words key (referring to bitcoin priv/pub keys) and octrois (http://www.wordfind.com/word/octrois/)

A hopeless guess really  Grin

A good try, but still not right. I'll give another hint (but again I doubt anyone will get it):

phonetics are involved in some way

miffman
    Legendary

View Profile
    November 12, 2016, 12:35:24 PM

Does 'keyois' have anything to do with quinoa?

They have similar pronunciations on some speech bots (http://ttsreader.com/)

█ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    BitBlender 

█ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    █ 
    LLec

Activity: 798
    Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
    November 12, 2016, 12:47:48 PM

Interesting concept you got going Jack.

Keyois could mean: Give me the key o is in greek.  Undecided
    aolley (OP)

View Profile
    November 12, 2016, 08:40:30 PM

Interesting concept you got going Jack.

Keyois could mean: Give me the key o is in greek.  Undecided

Nope, good try. The english word 'key' is not involved...

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    November 18, 2016, 03:23:42 AM
    Last edit: November 20, 2016, 01:20:56 AM by aolley

So someone asked me if the capsules glow, well the glowing vials are gone but the red stone centerpieces glow in UV light. We can see this in a picture where I took some of the shitty steel rings and filled that capsule with mineral oil. A while ago I read some thread on casascius coins where someone wanted to know if a radiograph (X-Ray) could see the secret keys and since my keys are engraved on titanium I also wondered that so I had the capsule x-rayed. A real finished capsule had been radiographed, but the reference photo with potato camera is of prototype rings and not the glued together or pretty ones.

Also, in UV light: https://i.imgur.com/GbLWcpP.jpg

After getting crushed by a tractor bucket:

The capsule rings were not annihilated, I say they passed the impact test in that they keys are still recoverable: https://i.imgur.com/MHuGwuE.jpg

digicoinuser
    Legendary

View Profile
    November 18, 2016, 03:32:18 AM

Really cool, I'm liking the tests so far! 

Do you happen to know how many PSI the tractor bucket test may have been?  I'm guessing a lot since the piece was basically obliterated but nice to see the keys are recoverable.   Smiley

monkeynuts
    Legendary

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
    November 18, 2016, 09:54:53 AM

Just had a thought .... how do you stop me from losing it ... ?   Roll Eyes

I see it is damn near indestructable. I fear that the 'human factor' will be its biggest weakness
    aolley (OP)

View Profile
    November 20, 2016, 01:16:48 AM

And here is a video of being crushed by the tractor. It's pretty shitty and I think I might try to make a better shot video later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qDdXQS1RMk Headphone warning!

And a photo of the radiograph :

AT101ET
    Legendary

Activity: 3080
    Merit: 1348

View Profile
    November 20, 2016, 01:03:19 PM

This project is absolutely amazing!
    I love how dedicated you are and the extent to which you are trying to ensure that this product is really a long term storage solution.
    Thanks and good luck!

Edit: Just seen the price in the OP. Definitely a reasonable price considering all the work and effort that has gone into making this.
    aolley (OP)

View Profile
    November 20, 2016, 08:32:06 PM

This project is absolutely amazing!
    I love how dedicated you are and the extent to which you are trying to ensure that this product is really a long term storage solution.
    Thanks and good luck!

Edit: Just seen the price in the OP. Definitely a reasonable price considering all the work and effort that has gone into making this.

Thanks!

Yeah at $100 it's way more expensive than most people (like me) would want, but that's pretty close to what it costs to make it & ship, not including my time or any R&D. But when you think about it, it could double as a short range projectile if you threw it really hard at someone (or used a sling!) so in essence you're buying not just the piggybank but a self defense weapon too (provided you can get the object back afterwards).

So really it's like a win-win-win, which is best for everyone.

BG4
    Legendary

Activity: 1006
    Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
    November 21, 2016, 01:23:51 AM

Can you tell the story of you asking to x-ray the container that glows... Was it a doctor , dentist. Vet. Office,.  How much was the Copay to have it done.
    aolley (OP)

View Profile
    November 22, 2016, 02:21:42 AM

Can you tell the story of you asking to x-ray the container that glows... Was it a doctor , dentist. Vet. Office,.  How much was the Copay to have it done.

I can tell you all about it, however it's pretty banal.

As I had said, long ago reading about the Casascius coins I saw a comment by someone wondering the an x-ray would reveal the secret key behind his holographic sticker. Well since my BitCapsule has the secret key engraved on a titanium ring I figured that perhaps the x-ray would break the 'tamper-evident' feature of the capsule.

So how to go about getting a radiograph of my inanimate object? Well I have seen x-rays of flowers and other art before, so I knew some artists had to have access to the equipment. Like most things I've done related to Bitcoin, I started by sending a bunch of emails to anyone I thought might be able to help me. I didn't get many responses and the few I did get were not encouraging, but a few weeks later I got an email from one of the artists who said they could help me for a fee of about $150 US.

That's the story, not too exciting but I was able to obtain a radiograph of my capsule and that satisfies me, with a double bonus of not being able to read the secret even with the x-ray.

tl;dr got an artist to do it for under $200

Rmcdermott927
    Legendary

View Profile
    November 22, 2016, 03:28:28 AM

I can tell you all about it, however it's pretty banal.

As I had said, long ago reading about the Casascius coins I saw a comment by someone wondering the an x-ray would reveal the secret key behind his holographic sticker. Well since my BitCapsule has the secret key engraved on a titanium ring I figured that perhaps the x-ray would break the 'tamper-evident' feature of the capsule.

So how to go about getting a radiograph of my inanimate object? Well I have seen x-rays of flowers and other art before, so I knew some artists had to have access to the equipment. Like most things I've done related to Bitcoin, I started by sending a bunch of emails to anyone I thought might be able to help me. I didn't get many responses and the few I did get were not encouraging, but a few weeks later I got an email from one of the artists who said they could help me for a fee of about $150 US.

That's the story, not too exciting but I was able to obtain a radiograph of my capsule and that satisfies me, with a double bonus of not being able to read the secret even with the x-ray.

tl;dr got an artist to do it for under $200

All of these pictures and stories are making me jealous.  I can't wait to have mine!

pawnshop770

Activity: 79
    Merit: 10

View Profile
    November 22, 2016, 09:28:21 PM

keyois is Chinese for "May be"
    Rmcdermott927
    Legendary

View Profile
    November 27, 2016, 03:57:31 AM

So, in far less time than promised, I arrived to a nice surprise in my mailbox today.   I was told it would be a month to receive mine, and today was about 2 weeks from when I ordered.

I opened the box to see a cement type block, which I gathered contained my Keyois capsule.  I was slightly worried about damaging it, so tried to look for other ways to open it, but I gave in and wound up beating at it with a hammer.   I wasn't sure what to expect, but sure enough, inside was my Keyois capsule in perfect condition.

I was a bit hesitant about ordering this at first, because they did not have individual serial numbers, and the seller was somewhat of a newer member.  I figured for $99, it was more than worth a shot.

I am SUPER happy with my product.   It's trustless, as I generated encrypted keys for the seller.  It's gorgeous and unique, there aren't too many products that look this nice.  Also, it has passed all the tests thrown at it by the creator, and has proven to be a viable long term BTC storage solution.   

It is WELL worth the $99 price tag, considering the insane amount of work that went in to creating something of this caliber.  I would buy again, and OP, please contact me for any products you make in the future.   Thanks!

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    December 03, 2016, 08:36:01 PM

Hi there, afraid this isn't the answer either.

Keep guessing though!

monkeynuts
    Legendary

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
    December 03, 2016, 08:57:16 PM

Keep guessing though!

Clue! Clue! Clue! Clue!
    Rmcdermott927
    Legendary

View Profile
    December 04, 2016, 06:51:50 AM

Keep guessing though!

Clue! Clue! Clue! Clue!

Agreed.  How about this?   Is it an acronym?   Is it geographical in nature?   You already told us that "key" had nothing to do with private keys, but that's not much help. 

garciaor2002

Activity: 144

View Profile
    December 04, 2016, 04:45:17 PM

Received mine.
    Thanks
    aolley (OP)

View Profile
    December 04, 2016, 07:41:48 PM

Keep guessing though!

Clue! Clue! Clue! Clue!

Agreed.  How about this?   Is it an acronym?   Is it geographical in nature?   You already told us that "key" had nothing to do with private keys, but that's not much help. 

I can give another clue but I still don't think anyone is going to get it.

There are phonetics involved.
    The english word 'key' is not involved.

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    December 07, 2016, 01:44:45 AM

Keep guessing though!

Clue! Clue! Clue! Clue!

I posted another clue:

but I still don't think anyone is going to get it.

There are phonetics involved.
    The english word 'key' is not involved.

energycr

Activity: 378

View Profile
    December 07, 2016, 01:50:39 AM

It sounds alot like the english word "Kiosks".
    Is it that?
    Let me know if I am the winner of this one.
    They have shipped out already? Wow that is fast.
    FFrankie

Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
    December 07, 2016, 02:21:56 AM

I think it as something to do with kingdom hearts. I would love if it would be possible for us to insert our own private key. People have said this before. But It cant be that hard to ship these disassembled with a blank ring
    aolley (OP)

View Profile
    December 10, 2016, 06:56:48 PM

I think it as something to do with kingdom hearts. I would love if it would be possible for us to insert our own private key. People have said this before. But It cant be that hard to ship these disassembled with a blank ring

Normally I use encrypted keys supplied by the buyer, what do you mean exactly?

I am able to send the unassembled item if you really want it. But to make it look like the normal ones you'll need to laser engraving the rings, do the threadlocking, epoxying, and drilling the screw heads out.

It's a very customizable thing, I can work with you to get something you'll like for this 1st edition.

A few people have expressed desire for a serial number, so if we sell some more of these 1st editions maybe we can get a serial number engraved on the inside of the center ring for all fifty of the second edition.

FFrankie

View Profile
    December 10, 2016, 07:22:19 PM

I am able to send the unassembled item if you really want it. But to make it look like the normal ones you'll need to laser engraving the rings, do the threadlocking, epoxying, and drilling the screw heads out.

It's a very customizable thing, I can work with you to get something you'll like for this 1st edition.

A few people have expressed desire for a serial number, so if we sell some more of these 1st editions maybe we can get a serial number engraved on the inside of the center ring for all fifty of the second edition.

Ah. I really missed that. But if I gave you an encrypted key I couldn't just pass this on. Man I really want one of these.

Would it be possible to somehow have a cool way to attach  a piece of paper to it to hold the password on kg
    aolley (OP)

View Profile
    December 12, 2016, 02:44:20 AM

Ah. I really missed that. But if I gave you an encrypted key I couldn't just pass this on. Man I really want one of these.

Would it be possible to somehow have a cool way to attach  a piece of paper to it to hold the password on kg

Alas it's made to be a cold hard storage unit and not a collectable. But I want the end user to trust it, and not have to trust me; I have some trust problems with normal physical coins.

I suppose you can always share it with a trusted loved one, but less so to sell to strangers on the internet. I've made a few where I generate the key pair and a decryption key that I embed in a piece of 'art'. Then the user doesn't have to generate the key pair, and they don't know the SK, and the decryption key is also in a tamper-resistant piece of 'art'.

In fact there are 3 of these pre-generated capsules left if you really wanted one, two in red and one with the sapphire blue corundum centerpiece. But then you're trusting me.

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    December 14, 2016, 03:11:20 AM

Is it that?

Hi there,

I am afraid that is not the answer, do try again.

They are custom made, so every time someone orders one they are created and sent out.

Incidentally, you may enjoy this old comic: https://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

Let me know if you want one, they are awfully sleek (and I still have like 30 of the first editions).

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    December 16, 2016, 06:08:10 PM
    Last edit: January 05, 2017, 03:57:06 AM by aolley

Is it that?

Hi, alas that is not the right answer.

They are customs made, more or less, from the parts I have. So they are made to order and ship once ready.

I also have some holiday themed pictures:

with glowing centerpieces https://i.imgur.com/kAMuHqj.jpg

in snow https://i.imgur.com/Ssb8E73.jpg

Coding Enthusiast
    Legendary

Activity: 1039
    Merit: 2783

Bitcoin and C♯ Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
    December 17, 2016, 07:06:58 AM

Cool product man.

It seems like a long shot but does the word mean "Chaos"

Projects List+Suggestion box
    Donate: 1Q9s or bc1q
    |
    |
    |
    FinderOuter(0.19.1)Ann-git
    Denovo(0.7.0)Ann-git
    Bitcoin.Net(0.26.0)Ann-git
    |
    |
    |
    BitcoinTransactionTool(0.11.0)Ann-git
    WatchOnlyBitcoinWallet(3.2.1)Ann-git
    SharpPusher(0.12.0)Ann-git
    digicoinuser
    Legendary

View Profile
    December 17, 2016, 04:41:57 PM

Have you contemplated making the top/bottom pieces out of carbon fiber or kevlar?  That might be a cool idea for a future version.

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    December 20, 2016, 01:10:44 AM

Cool product man.

It seems like a long shot but does the word mean "Chaos"

Thanks buddy, it's a fun little piggy bank for cryptocurrency. Made for btc but can work for other things.

Alas it's not anything so simple, I do enjoy having you guys guess but no one is even close. The meaning isn't hard, but how I got there is pretty nonsense, and while anyone could suppose it I don't know why anyone would. Plus it's a very specific range of knowledge that is needed to land a correct guess.

Maybe I should make an easier challenge or game so someone can get a free capsule for x-mas?

OgNasty
    Donator
    Legendary

Activity: 4732
    Merit: 4239

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
    December 20, 2016, 01:27:02 AM

Would you ever consider making one with a fine silver ring?

Maybe I should make an easier challenge or game so someone can get a free capsule for x-mas?

Grin

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
       ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
       ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
       ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
       ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
       ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
       ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
       ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
       ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
       ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
       ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████████████
    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
    █  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
    █  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
    █       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
    █     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
    █    ██████████    █ ▐  █
    █   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
    █    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
    █     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
    █                  █▐ █
    █                  █▐▐▌
    █                  █▐█
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
    ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
    ▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
    ██         ▐█▌         ██
    ████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
    ████████▄███████████▄████████
    ███▀    █████████████    ▀███
    ██       ███████████       ██
    ▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
    ▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
    ▀███████         ███████▀
    ▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
    ▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
    ..PLAY NOW..
    StevieA

Activity: 5
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    December 21, 2016, 03:26:32 AM

I have two guess, I am pretty sure they are wrong, I think finding the answer requires more thought then just searching but here are my answers:

1 - Maybe part of a rock song or group or something along that line.
    2 - a anime maybe related to One Piece?
    chronicsky
    Legendary

Activity: 2786
    Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
    December 22, 2016, 07:24:32 PM

Is it related to KEJOIS of astrology ?

where
    every word means different meaning ?

http://www.whatletter.com/2/what-does-stand-for/kejois

SIlly guess :3

Awesome work though - really love the idea of keeping the coins safe this way and they look pretty cool as well
    aolley (OP)

View Profile
    December 23, 2016, 01:55:48 AM

Would you ever consider making one with a fine silver ring?

Grin

Oh yes, if these ever all sell I will make the second edition with an inner ring of tungsten, but I was thinking of doing silver for the outer ring.

I don't have a source for the size/shape fine silver rings that I wanted though, but I figured I'd cross that bridge if I ever came to it.

What do you like, and why?

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    December 29, 2016, 03:19:46 AM

Gifts and stickers, are they really the best of friends?

Decoded
    Legendary

Activity: 1232
    Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
    December 29, 2016, 03:30:53 AM

I have a guess. It's pretty abstract, though.

Would I have any relation to Osmosis? The process of where a solute travels through a membrane to even out the amounts of that solute in between to liquids? This is adapted to the idea of storing money in a place where you aren't able to get it. At one point or another, you or someone else will get it, cave in and take the Bitcoin. Hence the "-osis".

And it's hiding your private keys, hence the "Key".

EDIT - Oh, shit. I always thought it was Keyosis. I'll try again.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
    FFrankie

View Profile
    December 29, 2016, 03:33:16 AM

I think that Keyois comes from

1. Star wars

or

2. Keyi Muslims

monkeynuts
    Legendary

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
    December 30, 2016, 03:57:10 PM

Wondering if the name has a small shift

KEYOISKEYOIS, and its a shift from 6 other consecutive letters

My bet is OISKEY
    http://www.whatletter.com/14/what-does-stand-for/oiskey

Wrong, I am sure. Google can throw all kinds of wierd and wonderful at you

OgNasty
    Donator
    Legendary

Activity: 4732
    Merit: 4239

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
    December 30, 2016, 04:20:36 PM

Keyois

Key Operational Intelligence Storage

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
       ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
       ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
       ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
       ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
       ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
       ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
       ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
       ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
       ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
       ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████████████
    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
    █  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
    █  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
    █       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
    █     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
    █    ██████████    █ ▐  █
    █   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
    █    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
    █     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
    █                  █▐ █
    █                  █▐▐▌
    █                  █▐█
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
    ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
    ▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
    ██         ▐█▌         ██
    ████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
    ████████▄███████████▄████████
    ███▀    █████████████    ▀███
    ██       ███████████       ██
    ▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
    ▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
    ▀███████         ███████▀
    ▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
    ▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
    ..PLAY NOW..
    plost24

Activity: 462

View Profile
    December 31, 2016, 12:35:26 AM

If I buy more then one do I get any sort of discount?

For rent 1.4 Bitcoin for 11 months starting Feb 1 2017
    aolley (OP)

View Profile
    December 31, 2016, 05:33:26 AM

There's not much room for shaving here but I suppose we could work something out along the paltry lines of 5%.

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    December 31, 2016, 05:35:34 AM

I think that Keyois comes from

1. Star wars

or

2. Keyi Muslims

Nope, nice try though. Vague, but still.

I suppose I will mention that there is nothing 'fictional' about the origin of this work. E.g. it is not based on anything star wars.

That's another hint!

And a bonus pic to go with my last added pic

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    January 01, 2017, 11:09:32 PM

I have a guess. It's pretty abstract, though.

Would I have any relation to Osmosis? The process of where a solute travels through a membrane to even out the amounts of that solute in between to liquids? This is adapted to the idea of storing money in a place where you aren't able to get it. At one point or another, you or someone else will get it, cave in and take the Bitcoin. Hence the "-osis".

And it's hiding your private keys, hence the "Key".

EDIT - Oh, shit. I always thought it was Keyosis. I'll try again.

Don't feel bad, I've caught myself saying keyosis before too. Even thought of naming the second edition the keyosis capsule, but that would be unnecessarily confusing

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    January 03, 2017, 02:13:36 AM

Wondering if the name has a small shift

KEYOISKEYOIS, and its a shift from 6 other consecutive letters

My bet is OISKEY
    http://www.whatletter.com/14/what-does-stand-for/oiskey

Wrong, I am sure. Google can throw all kinds of wierd and wonderful at you

Google is not going to help you here.

At least not unless you know what to ask it, and know how to use that information.

devthedev
    Legendary

Activity: 1050
    Merit: 1004

View Profile
    January 03, 2017, 04:08:46 AM

I will definitely grab one of these. Are only Ruby and Sapphire inserts available for sale?

Coding Enthusiast
    Legendary

Activity: 1039
    Merit: 2783

Bitcoin and C♯ Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
    January 03, 2017, 04:57:10 AM

Just a crazy guess but does it mean 31?

Projects List+Suggestion box
    Donate: 1Q9s or bc1q
    |
    |
    |
    FinderOuter(0.19.1)Ann-git
    Denovo(0.7.0)Ann-git
    Bitcoin.Net(0.26.0)Ann-git
    |
    |
    |
    BitcoinTransactionTool(0.11.0)Ann-git
    WatchOnlyBitcoinWallet(3.2.1)Ann-git
    SharpPusher(0.12.0)Ann-git
    eddie13
    Legendary

Activity: 2296
    Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
    January 03, 2017, 05:30:59 AM

My guess...

wisdom/prosperity/wealth warrior..

Or something to do with cows..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
    Epicetus

Activity: 2

View Profile
    January 04, 2017, 02:40:52 AM

Are you diabetic?

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    January 04, 2017, 02:47:35 AM

I will definitely grab one of these. Are only Ruby and Sapphire inserts available for sale?

At this time yes, but I will get a few sterling silver and gold tubes to go in some of them.

I am also trying to get some more natural minerals like tourmaline rods.

If I sell all of these I'll get some lab created opals for the next edition.

Epicetus

Activity: 2

View Profile
    January 04, 2017, 02:48:28 AM

Or it could be a play on -Osis meaning the study of things.

My third and final guess for now is a reference to Mitosis. The two rings in the middle somewhat resemble two cells dividing
    plost24

View Profile
    January 05, 2017, 02:28:14 AM

There's not much room for shaving here but I suppose we could work something out along the paltry lines of 5%.

Ok I think that's a good deal. Will send you a pm tomorrow and we can wrap it up.

Michail1
    Legendary

Activity: 1498
    Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
    January 06, 2017, 03:14:46 PM
    Last edit: January 06, 2017, 07:32:12 PM by Michail1

Keyois guesses:
    IOS:Keyboard - Programming module to determine status of keys on a keyboard.
    or
    Signal Operation Instruction KEY

Do you have a dark video of the units with various angles of the units.  I'm interested in the Glow of various colors.  And, I am interested in getting three (colors RGB).

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    January 07, 2017, 03:42:28 AM
    Last edit: January 07, 2017, 03:54:40 AM by aolley

So I have a few more options for centerpieces.

As a customizable artwork, the Keyois capsule has many possibilities.

Centerpiece options for buyers include the ruby and sapphire variety of lab created corundum.
    Tourmaline, quartz, selenite have already been available but on an individual basis.

https://imgur.com/a/8vU7Q

But now I have these cool new pictures (below) and have enough green tourmaline rods for 3 more capsules, if anyone wants it.

https://imgur.com/a/0d7SJ

There is also the part quartz - part watermelon tourmaline capsule. There is only the one of those for now, but more may become available in the future.

digicoinuser
    Legendary

View Profile
    January 07, 2017, 08:31:31 AM

The one with the magnet stack looks neat, how much does that one run?   Grin

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    January 08, 2017, 01:15:48 AM

The one with the magnet stack looks neat, how much does that one run?   Grin

Unless otherwise noted (see the gold tubing centerpiece), everything cost $100 US (in btc).

I like the idea of the magnets but I couldn't find a solid rod magnet that was the right size so these little stacked magnets fit in the centerpiece chamber. Because of that however they are not as straight as I would like, they move around a little bit.

Might be fun to hunt for with a magnetometer or something.

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    January 09, 2017, 02:21:05 AM

For everyone who ventured a guess thanks so much, but I am afraid someone has put forth the correct answer as to where I got the word from.

Congratulations to this user for being so clever!

Michail1
    Legendary

Activity: 1498
    Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
    January 09, 2017, 02:55:40 AM

For everyone who ventured a guess thanks so much, but I am afraid someone has put forth the correct answer as to where I got the word from.

Ummm, and the answer is?

No answer to my prior question?  Sad

digicoinuser
    Legendary

View Profile
    January 09, 2017, 04:09:33 AM

Unless otherwise noted (see the gold tubing centerpiece), everything cost $100 US (in btc).

I like the idea of the magnets but I couldn't find a solid rod magnet that was the right size so these little stacked magnets fit in the centerpiece chamber. Because of that however they are not as straight as I would like, they move around a little bit.

Sounds good, the one with the magnets is a really unique piece.  Is the price for the gold tubing centerpiece listed?

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    January 10, 2017, 04:42:35 AM

Ummm, and the answer is?

No answer to my prior question?  Sad

Ah but alas it is more fun if not all is revealed right away. It'll tell you if you get it right.

As to your other question I am afraid that I simply cannot sell any tritium capsules due to local restraints against it from my location. If you are willing to assemble it yourself and apply thread locker to the screws then drill out the screw heads, I can supply you will all the other parts minus the 3mmx~22mm vials.

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    January 10, 2017, 04:48:27 AM

Sounds good, the one with the magnets is a really unique piece.  Is the price for the gold tubing centerpiece listed?

Hey there, I'm afraid the gold tubing centerpiece (14k now, maybe 18k later) will add an extra $20US to the price.

You can see some new pictures of the (main) centerpiece options here: https://imgur.com/a/8LTyK

IronMarvel2

Activity: 280

View Profile
    January 10, 2017, 05:01:53 AM

You can see some new pictures of the (main) centerpiece options here: https://imgur.com/a/8LTyK

Hmmm? Did I misunderstand you in your pm? Are those glowing ones in your newest pictures made with tritium?
    Or what makes them glow in the dark?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    BITCOIN-ENGRAVE - CUSTOM BITCOIN ENGRAVE | KEYCHAINS | BRACELETS | WALLETS | COINS
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    aolley (OP)

View Profile
    January 11, 2017, 08:23:11 PM

Hmmm? Did I misunderstand you in your pm? Are those glowing ones in your newest pictures made with tritium?

Ah, the problem is not that I can't get them, it's that I can't sell them.

From the US it's illegal to repackage tritium into toys etc and sell it. At least without a license which has requirements well beyond my scope of abilities right now.

https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/cfr/part032/part032-0022.html

https://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-collections/cfr/part030/part030-0019.html

I am able to send you all the parts you would need to make it yourself including the engraved ringpair, but you would need to assemble it and drill out the screw heads. (So I guess you'd need a drill too) And also source your own centerpiece in this case.

I'm also going to post a few pictures from the latest album.

With ruby blood red corundum under UV

With silver tube next to 14k tube centerpiece

With tritium under UV (make it a project!)

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    January 13, 2017, 01:38:04 AM

Some new photos, (in style of an old photo that was awful)

http://imgur.com/Jlmrvtz

http://imgur.com/63gKT0J

http://imgur.com/gKs3K8R

http://imgur.com/JJqMniK

And the older inspiration photo where capsule is filled with mineral oil and using steel 'rings' I cut myself so they are uneven
    http://imgur.com/iwR6zXi

plost24

View Profile
    January 16, 2017, 05:22:40 AM

Sorry man. I been away for a while but im back now. Sending that pm right away. Hopefully you still have some for sale.

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    January 20, 2017, 01:14:24 AM

Updated the amount of remaining capsules on the OP!

plost24

View Profile
    January 21, 2017, 03:43:44 AM

Just replied to your pm op.

bitkilo
    Legendary

Activity: 1638
    Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
    January 21, 2017, 12:05:45 PM

The tritium vila in the capsule under a UV light looks crazy but just don't go mixing any specific chemicals with it unless the capsule is made of lead or something so as not to leak any radiation, although it would look cool always lit up  Wink

Tritium is a radioactive form of hydrogen, used in research, fusion reactors and neutron generators. The radioactive properties of tritium are very useful. By mixing tritium with a chemical that emits light in the presence of radiation, a phosphor, a continuous light source is made.

klondike_bar
    Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
    January 21, 2017, 01:16:12 PM

The tritium vila in the capsule under a UV light looks crazy but just don't go mixing any specific chemicals with it unless the capsule is made of lead or something so as not to leak any radiation, although it would look cool always lit up  Wink

Tritium is a radioactive form of hydrogen, used in research, fusion reactors and neutron generators. The radioactive properties of tritium are very useful. By mixing tritium with a chemical that emits light in the presence of radiation, a phosphor, a continuous light source is made.

the amount of tritium in a small glow rod is negligible - there are many other items in your house that emit more radiation (such as a smoke alarm, or radon gas)

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    January 23, 2017, 01:10:39 AM
    Last edit: January 30, 2017, 01:18:18 AM by aolley

Sneak peak of the second edition capsule end pieces

Plus+

I filled a capsule with areogel granules for fun

On the main post I've added a link to all the photos, and there are many of them.

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    January 26, 2017, 03:20:07 AM

Although not for sale for what seems like nonsense legal reasons, the vials are very safe. Unless you were to break them apart and immeditally inhale the vapor or chew it and swallow it I can't see any way it could be dangerous to you.

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    January 30, 2017, 01:14:19 AM

A few new photos:

https://imgur.com/a/55NtT
    including:

gold

and quartz

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    February 07, 2017, 02:06:19 AM

Trying to figure out how to take better photos, anyone got any suggestions? It's kind of tricky, being all reflective and with the glass and having some dimension.

Hhampuz
    Legendary

Activity: 2856
    Merit: 5917

Meh.

View Profile
    February 07, 2017, 02:11:11 AM

I think the pictures that you have right now are awesome! Each and every one of them Smiley, no need to change anything imo.

Got any ideas for future products or will this be a one and only product?

digicoinuser
    Legendary

View Profile
    February 07, 2017, 04:02:48 AM

The extremely clear reflection (lots of background detail) does take away from the product in some shots to where the user could be diving into the reflection instead of admiring the item itself.

To improve you could use a light tent with a soft lighting setup.  I think the pictures look fine but if you are looking for a different "style" you could definitely get the glare down while preserving the quality of the item.

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    February 09, 2017, 01:24:01 AM

I think the pictures that you have right now are awesome! Each and every one of them Smiley, no need to change anything imo.

Thanks! I kind of thought they looked fine too but then I tried to put them on a website and looked at them on another computer and they don't look as good, they seem blurry.

The depth and reflectivity are hindrances to a clear picture and I don't have the ability to shoot a video of the depth planes and sync them.

Aside from a second edition of the capsule with silver and tungsten rings, which I have most the supplies for already.
    the main other options I've considered are: to sell the ring pairs by themselves; and to set the rings in a epoxy sphere or half sphere, something like this: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0356/8049/files/DandelionCloseup2_large.jpg?1751425697748622878, to try and likely fail to set them in something else like actual glass (so many problems with this idea but I haven't given up)

I didn't really ever expect to be doing anything like this, I really just made this for me because I had problems with my current possible main methods of cold storage and it was cost effective to make more than one.
    Got any suggestions?

Rmcdermott927
    Legendary

View Profile
    February 09, 2017, 03:17:43 AM

Thanks! I kind of thought they looked fine too but then I tried to put them on a website and looked at them on another computer and they don't look as good, they seem blurry.

The depth and reflectivity are hindrances to a clear picture and I don't have the ability to shoot a video of the depth planes and sync them.

Aside from a second edition of the capsule with silver and tungsten rings, which I have most the supplies for already.
    the main other options I've considered are: to sell the ring pairs by themselves; and to set the rings in a epoxy sphere or half sphere, something like this: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0356/8049/files/DandelionCloseup2_large.jpg?1751425697748622878, to try and likely fail to set them in something else like actual glass (so many problems with this idea but I haven't given up)

I didn't really ever expect to be doing anything like this, I really just made this for me because I had problems with my current possible main methods of cold storage and it was cost effective to make more than one.
    Got any suggestions?

Is there any ideas for fine gold or fine silver centerpieces in the future?   I really like the 14k one, but I'm more of a .9999 kind of guy.

digicoinuser
    Legendary

View Profile
    February 09, 2017, 03:26:59 AM

Have you contemplated making the top/bottom pieces out of carbon fiber or kevlar?  That might be a cool idea for a future version.

I was going to ask this question again and then realized I had asked it prior.  They would definitely be neat pieces and could come in different fiber colors.

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    February 12, 2017, 01:19:27 AM

Got any suggestions?

Is there any ideas for fine gold or fine silver centerpieces in the future?   I really like the 14k one, but I'm more of a .9999 kind of guy.

Yes, I'm working on that, but I'll have to sell a few more units first.

I was going to ask this question again and then realized I had asked it prior.  They would definitely be neat pieces and could come in different fiber colors.

Honestly I'd not even considered it. I'll have to look into it and do some research!

Also everyone I've created a website for these capsules:keyois.com

This is my first time making a website or anything like that before so I don't have any idea what I'm doing or what looks good, so any criticism is appreciated. Thanks!

digicoinuser
    Legendary

View Profile
    February 12, 2017, 01:50:30 AM
    Last edit: February 26, 2017, 09:11:59 PM by digicoinuser

Very cool, thanks for looking into it!

As for the website, the link that goes to the unassembled ones from the tritium page ends up at a broken link for me.

Otherwise, looks pretty good from what I've seen so far.  Smiley

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    February 13, 2017, 02:13:02 AM

Anyone like GIFs?

The website Keyois.com is now live so please check it out and direct your orders and inquiries that way. Thanks so much everyone! I will still try and check this forum but quicker contact will happen through the website.

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    February 26, 2017, 08:56:45 AM

Remember everyone, the cheapest option for a fire resistant cold storage is your own stamp kit and a hammer and some metal

http://www.keyois.com/photos/

digicoinuser
    Legendary

View Profile
    February 26, 2017, 09:11:33 PM

For the 14k Yellow Gold centerpiece, is it pure 14k Gold and if so - how many grams/grains of gold is included in the centerpiece?

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    February 27, 2017, 12:37:38 AM

For the 14k Yellow Gold centerpiece, is it pure 14k Gold and if so - how many grams/grains of gold is included in the centerpiece?

It's a tube so not solid, the solid ones I found were wound wire and not as straight. for the 14k yellow gold the centerpiece tube itself is 0.71g in weight and it's 14k so the actual gold weight is less still.

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    March 03, 2017, 03:37:50 AM

New video

https://youtu.be/hYBU5JcrXuY

The video is crap and I must apologize for that, but we did learn the Keyois capsule got to about 5 tons of straight on pressure before the borosilicate cracked and about 7 before the supports and centerpiece collapsed.

The rings were fine. https://imgur.com/a/9Vpp9

A longer video with no more information can be found at https://youtu.be/a7R3o6w2FQ0

aolley (OP)

View Profile
    March 05, 2017, 03:12:24 AM

opps here https://imgur.com/a/RhBmQ

cryptoheadd

Activity: 1022
    Merit: 501

View Profile
    March 07, 2017, 04:53:39 PM

Hey Aolley,

Not sure if this has been answered before, but, is the private key engraving done in-house or by a third party?
    Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
      Print  

Jump to: