Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:30:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long does it take recieve Bitcoins?  (Read 4335 times)
Despised-Icon- (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 07:35:53 PM

I had a friend send me 100$ btc and it's been over an hour and it's still 0/3 confirmation. I normally get them instantly or 30 minutes tops. Is their an issue?
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 07:40:27 PM

If you give us txid , we can tell you more on that transaction, but there's nothing un-usual with it taking more than 30 minutes.
The likely problem that could probably happen is if the fee included was small, but once again, without txid it's only speculation on our part.
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 07:40:32 PM

I had a friend send me 100$ btc and it's been over an hour and it's still 0/3 confirmation. I normally get them instantly or 30 minutes tops. Is their an issue?
the entire speed of the transaction depends on the fee you include. if you want to receive the coins within 30min i suggest you tell your friend to include a fee of atleast 10 cents with that transaction.

Anything lower would likely result in waiting hours for confirmations.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6146

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 07:42:46 PM

You said "0/3" confirmations which make me think you are using a third party service and not viewing the transaction in a blockchain explorer. If It's the case then there might be some problems with the service you are using , If you are not using any , then your friend probably didn't pay the recommended fees (post the TXID so we could help you more).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 07:50:08 PM

To the best of my understanding it should not take as long as that but sometimes its delayed because of the amount as miner's fee if its too low it could take forever but if its sufficient enough, it will deliver its just a matter of time. Give time time.
Despised-Icon- (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 08:09:06 PM

And how / where do I find this txid?? Sorry I'm newb at this
Despised-Icon- (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 08:59:40 PM

Anyone? It's been 3hrs and no coins. On block chain it says 0/6 and on Paxful it says 0/3

Where is this txid everyone is asking for, for my help?  Huh
Despised-Icon- (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 09:06:31 PM

Anyone? It's been 3hrs and no coins. On block chain it says 0/6 and on Paxful it says 0/3

It's "normal", I have been waiting AGAIN for more than 3 hours and no confirmations yet.

Really?! This is insane. What's the maximum time frame here?
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 09:12:47 PM

If the transaction didn't confirm when someone sent you the coins it will not be accessible for you to spend.
ajareselde
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 09:18:26 PM

It's "normal", I have been waiting AGAIN for more than 3 hours and no confirmations yet.

OK, 3 hours isn't really what i would call normal now.

Once again i ask you - Give us TXID of the transaction, guessing is pointless here.
Despised-Icon- (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 09:19:36 PM

Once again i ask you - Give us TXID of the transaction, guessing is pointless here.

I asked where do I find the TXID??
HateEU

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 09:21:08 PM

depends how much big amount of money is sended i think and fees amount sended to miners i  think
ajareselde
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 09:27:05 PM

Where is this txid everyone is asking for, for my help?  Huh

I asked where do I find the TXID??

If you can't find it or don't know what it is, just give us address where you're waiting for coins, or address that sent the coins (receiving or sending address)
and we will find txid ourselves.

You can see the transaction by viewing address on block explorer like blockchain.info
Example of my address https://blockchain.info/address/1MZvjgQFQdAUUx5n6Prxw4oGuRycVmaZYR
ajareselde
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 09:34:18 PM

There is no guessing as why the transactions are slow to confirm:

https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-count?timespan=1week

Every a bit bigger bump up/down pricewise leads to higher number of transactions, that's probably the reason why mempool is getting higher,
but none the less, i was sending some funds today and didn't note a lot of waiting time (dunno exactly , but it took no longer than ~1.5 hours), whereas OP claims to be waiting for more than 3 hrs.
Despised-Icon- (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 09:35:46 PM

Idk how to check TxID
Can someone do it for me? My address is :
3N6Jx9WBwx28tQ3a22CWqTfhNHxs13DNMk
ajareselde
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 09:38:52 PM

Idk how to check TxID
Can someone do it for me? My address is :
3N6Jx9WBwx28tQ3a22CWqTfhNHxs13DNMk

https://blockchain.info/tx/2c26890172f3709eec3033c29a999594f72059875bff1afa416b5381f2f9f1bc this is your txid, and even tho fee looks somewhat small, it will be fine.

OP, relax and wait. I was afraid transaction was sent w/ zero fee, but it's obviously not the case. All you can do now is wait, there's a lot of unconfirmed transactions (https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions)

* The amount you're receiving seams to be 0.03 btc = ~ 20$  Unlike what you said that you're expecting (100$ per OP)
Despised-Icon- (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 09:42:58 PM

It will come through though right??
Universat

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 10:01:57 PM

yes that is the main problem of bitcoin that some time transaction transformation take a lot of time that is really effecting the image of bitcoin, i think that this issue must be solve as soon a possible.
ajareselde
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 10:04:03 PM

It will come through though right??

Don't see why not, even tho there's no exact way to know when (doubt it will be soon),but i would not take anything for granted without atleast one confirmation.
Right now there's nothing you can do but wait.

yes that is the main problem of bitcoin that some time transaction transformation take a lot of time that is really effecting the image of bitcoin, i think that this issue must be solve as soon a possible.

It really is anoying sometimes, but solutions are being developed tho.
Despised-Icon- (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 10:16:46 PM

Thanks everyone for the help. I was a little worried. But I'm reassured now for the most part. I'll be patient.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: