Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:31:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lacballs looks to be a scammer  (Read 300 times)
noneedf0raname (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 03:22:20 PM

What happened::  I'm new the site and am looking for discounted Amazon gift cards.  I talked with "Lacballs" on here to buy his $60 Amazon Gift Card for my $48 in bitcoin.  He was very quick to respond throughout the conversation, but I was hampered by the 6 minute rule for new people on my PM.  He suggested we talk on skype so we did.  Went back and forth a little then I sent him payment.  He confirmed he got the payment and then I never heard from him again.  I'm assuming I was scammed by this guy.  

Scammers Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=902314

Reference Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1658344.msg16650459#msg16650459
Amount Scammed:  $48 via bitcoin
Payment Method: Bitcoin via Circle
Proof of Payment: http://imgur.com/6g7WhDM
PM/Chat Logs: http://imgur.com/a/CsD1D
Additional Notes:  At this point, I don't care if I get the Amazon gift card, but I would really like my $48 back.  
longbob72

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

V2h5IGFyZSB5b3UgcmVhZGluZyB0aGlzPw==

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 03:30:00 PM

At this point, I don't care if I get the Amazon gift card, but I would really like my $48 back.  

And if he's really a scammer then you probably won't get your money back.
In the future you should be careful and use escrows. If not then at least pick someone with good rep.

▄▄███████▄▄                           ▄      ▄
   ██████████████▄                       ███    ███
  ███▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████                     ███    ███
  █████████████▄ ▀███                    ███    ███   █▄ ▄▄
   ▀████▄  ▄▄███  ▀███                   ███    ███  ▄████
   ▄███████████   ▄███                  ███    ███  ▀▀███▀▀
   ███           ▄███         ▄▄▄▄      ███    ███     █    ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
  ▄███     ▄▄▄▄█████        ▄█████▄    ▄██▀   ▄██▀    ███   █████████
  ███▄    ████████         ▄███▀▀███   ███    ███    ███▀   █████▀████
   ███     ▀▀█████▄      ▄█████▄ ███   ███    ███    ███    ████   ███
   ███         ▀███▄     ███▀███ ███  ███▀   ███▀    ███    ███▀   ███
   ███           ███▄    ███  ▀▀ ███  ███    ███    ███▀   ▄███    ███
   ▀██▄           ███    ███▄  ▄███   ███    ███    ███    ███    ███▀
    ███           ▀███▄   ████████    ███    ███    ███    ███    ███
    ▀██            ▀████   ▀████▀      ██     ██    ▀██    ▀█▀    ▀█▀

▄▄▀                ▀▄▄
     ▄ ▀▀                    ▀▀ ▄
   ▄ ▀▀▀                      ▀▀▀ ▄
  ▄▀▀▀                          ▀▀▀▄
 ▀█▄▄                            ▄▄█▀
▄█  ▄                            ▄  █▄
▀█ █▀                            ▀█ █▀
█▄  ▄                            ▄  ▄█
▀█ █                              █ █▀
█▄   █                          █   ▄█
 ██▄█▀                          ▀█▄██
  ▀▀  ▄█                      █▄  ▀▀
  ▀██▄ ▀  █▄              ▄█  ▀ ▄██▀
    ▀▀▀   ██  █▄      ▄█  ██   ▀▀▀
     ▀███▄▄▀  ███    ███  ▀▄▄███▀
        ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀    ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀
Free Bitcoins
Chat Lottery & Games
Level Up System with Rewards
▄████████▄  ▄████████▄
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
 ████████    ████████
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
▀████████▀  ▀████████▀
noneedf0raname (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 03:32:59 PM

I know.  As I said, I'm new here.  I just joined yesterday and I wasn't aware of all the dishonest people on this site.  I definitely have to shoulder some of the blame for this, but it just sucks because now I'm out of the money I was going to use for my nephews birthday gift.  Ugh!!!
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 03:39:38 PM

This is why reading the forum and what it's all about is a good idea before you start sending bitcoins to people. He's a Jr member so right off the bat I wouldn't trust him with anything. I would suggest next time you look over the person's trust and of course use an escrow.

Sorry this happened to you. I'm sure it won't happen again though! Ask for people's opinions before going through with a deal. This was an obvious scam in my eyes but I could see how it seemed legitimate in your eyes.
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 03:57:12 PM

I know.  As I said, I'm new here.  I just joined yesterday and I wasn't aware of all the dishonest people on this site.  I definitely have to shoulder some of the blame for this, but it just sucks because now I'm out of the money I was going to use for my nephews birthday gift.  Ugh!!!
I could offer you a loan of $48 in the bitcoin that you lost.
This one instance is a black eye to the bitcoin community and should be alleviated by showing kindness by this action.
I know you could be lying about your nephew's birthday but I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here.
Send me your bitcoin address and I will send it to you.
And if you find amazon gift cards or codes then send them my way when they accumulate up to $98 then I will see this loan to be paid off at that point. It can take you two weeks or 30 days, just as long as you come back in some from or way to the forum to send me the codes or gcs.
Or if someone will see this and pay this amount for you if you do decide to take off and not comeback after receiving the bitcoins worth $48 at this time @$660.6 of btc rate.

Why should I care to do this for you, you and everybody might ask?
Because he pm'd me too with this $60 scam job of his. Embarrassed
noneedf0raname (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 04:06:28 PM

Lionidas, that is really awesome of you to offer that.  Not many people would be so kind.  However, I would just rather not have to owe somebody something, especially on the internet.  I'm sure you are legit and your trust level proves it, but I'm going to sell a couple of unused things on craigslist and get some money.  I'll find a way. 
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
October 25, 2016, 04:27:17 PM

Lionidas, that is really awesome of you to offer that.  Not many people would be so kind.  However, I would just rather not have to owe somebody something, especially on the internet.  I'm sure you are legit and your trust level proves it, but I'm going to sell a couple of unused things on craigslist and get some money.  I'll find a way. 
Alright but I am giving you a chance here to get your present delivered on time and selling things is not guaranteed to get it on time.
If you want I you can get gcs to me later on no worries.

Just send me a pm.

And to anyone else looking at this, do not pm me looking for anything, this is directed to Original Poster ONLY!
Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: