Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:24:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unconfirmed Transactions Problem  (Read 9335 times)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 02:46:44 PM

Blockspace is, and needs to be, a scarce resource. Scarce resources have a market price. It didn't take me "since the beginning" of Bitcoin to learn this basic fact.

OK so you are supporting the mining racketeering cartel and believe bitcoin should be only used by the elites. At least things are clear now.

OK, so you're supporting the blocksize trolls who push for unwise increases to the network burden without considering the ill-effects? At least things are clear now.

So, what are you, yes you John, going to do about it? Come on, wow us with your incredible never-heard-before insights into how to expand the capacity of the Bitcoin network? Oh, wait, what's that? You've got nothing but a bunch of hand waving? (and political soundbites from persona-non-grata Jeff Garzik, courtesy of his narcissists-anonymous account?).

You're a real productive, useful person around here, aren't you?

Vires in numeris
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 02:54:26 PM

one that became my way to speed up the transaction is to increase the transaction fee. because the larger the fee, the faster also solve the bitcoin block in the system. it would be very helpful every transaction we do.  Grin
bandarfjb

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 02:57:06 PM

Yes, today transaction is delayed too long. Huh
I hope it will get fixed soon.

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:02:31 PM

the transaction still delayed try to send my btc earnings from yobit to c-cex for almost 2hrs now but still nothing is
confirmed yet hope this delayed can be resolved while btc is rallying up.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:05:12 PM

You can see live charts of the unconfirmed transaction queue at https://www.bitcoinqueue.com (my project)

This is by far the highest peak of unconfirmed tx we have ever seen so far...  Shocked
HotAmericano

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:11:32 PM

You can see live charts of the unconfirmed transaction queue at https://www.bitcoinqueue.com (my project)

This is by far the highest peak of unconfirmed tx we have ever seen so far...  Shocked

Changed to 24 hour view, it is growing from about 10000 to almost reaching 50000 Shocked
I am surprised now.
Looarn

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:24:08 PM

This is a weird situation where transaction taking so long to get confirm.About 50k unconfirmed transaction now.It's good sign for bitcoin too the amount of bitcoin user increased a lot.

Maybe it's time we need more powerful miners or maybe 5 minutes for every block will be effective to handle this kind of situation.Some people talked about increase the amount of fee.Giving $1 for a $10 transaction makes no sense.

Actually I believe it's a spam attack.
We've had it about a week ago too, back then the mempool rose to 23MB then and it took one day to clean up and get to normal.
Now I see again a rise to 16MB yesterday and one more started last night and still continuing, now reaching about 28MB. Somebody is clearly trying something... it's ugly and needs time to clean.. after the spam stops...

Interesting, where can we found some data like whom is spaming ?

If my post help you, you can tip me in FeatherCoin here: 6wgNso1AWVuGy5P5Rpc2bBoVaNaKzbxmyi
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:27:16 PM

Just to get clarity here you mean there are people who actually have control on how transactions are run for every satoshi sent and received Huh
krisnt80

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:32:27 PM

Looks like more an attack with several small transactions that anything else, the hash keeps the same from the miners, the transactions are getting into high values really, its insane someone be doing such thing for what delaying transactions from all.
Ryananda

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:53:15 PM

Yes maybe it is the cause of the growing number of users bitcoin. It sometimes takes a long time for confirmation if you want to send. I never experienced a transaction that has not been confirmed for around 5 days. Perhaps it should be fixed in order confirmation can be faster.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2346

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 04:13:32 PM

Agree. The bitcoin network as become such a joke it's not even funny. But don't forget to pay exorbitant transaction fees so you might have a chance your transaction doesn't take one day to confirm.

If 6 cents is "exorbitant", maybe Bitcoin needs slightly less scrooge-ish users?

6 cents for a bitcoin transaction. Lol. When did you use the network for the last time? I have paid almost 0.35 cents for mine and it will take hours and hours to confirm.

35 cents is exorbitant to you? Maybe join a sig campaign? Oh no, you already have.

If you don't like it, find something cheaper. Calling the network a "joke", based upon your own inadequacies, isn't something that you should expect to be taken seriously.
You have to consider that many entities will send many transactions every day. $0.35 may not be a lot of money, but when spend hundreds or thousands of times per day, it quickly adds up.

If the transaction fee related costs continue to rise, then using Bitcoin may exceed the cost of using more traditional payment methods like credit cards and ACH transfers.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 04:16:01 PM

We've had it about a week ago too, back then the mempool rose to 23MB then and it took one day to clean up and get to normal.
Now I see again a rise to 16MB yesterday and one more started last night and still continuing, now reaching about 28MB. Somebody is clearly trying something... it's ugly and needs time to clean.. after the spam stops...

Seems like it, but that's a pretty crappy attack these days. These spam attacks used to be very disruptive, but now the mempool cleanser has been introduced (I think that was version 0.12) as well as compact blocks, the sole effect is to push fees up a little.  I really hope whoever is behind it is feeling frustrated at how little they can disrupt the network these days.

Vires in numeris
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 04:20:29 PM

Yes, I have also noticed that in the past day, the mempool has been quite backed up.

https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-size?timespan=1week

I have not seen much explanation from anybody regarding what is going on exactly.

The back-up from last week lasted for about 12 hours. 

I'm thinking that there is some kind of spam attack going on, because exponential peaks, like this, just do not make much sense.

As we can see from the linked blockchain.info chart, blockchain.info has only been providing (and tracking) mempool fullness data since early May 2016.

I have a current transaction has been stuck for almost 19 hours, as I type, and zero confirmations, and the one that I had last week was backed up for nearly 3 hours.  Most of my other previously long transactions were  about 90 minutes.... otherwise most of my transactions had tended to go through in less than an hour.

I am thinking that the big blocker, blocksize limit arguing folks are kind of losing credibility with seg wit about to go live, and they may be attempting to get some attention to the matter by spamming the blockchain for the next few months..   That's my current theory and thinking based on my lack of information regarding some of the specifics, and my ongoing witnessing of the level of desperation, contradiction and bitcoin sabotaging that sometimes seems to be coming out of some folks from that big-blocker nutjobs camp.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 04:24:20 PM

Seems like it, but that's a pretty crappy attack these days. These spam attacks used to be very disruptive, but now the mempool cleanser has been introduced (I think that was version 0.12) as well as compact blocks, the sole effect is to push fees up a little.  I really hope whoever is behind it is feeling frustrated at how little they can disrupt the network these days.
Have had my rather larger sends of bitcoin not confirmed and it has been close to 18-20 hours now.
The tx fees that were sent to cover the miner's fees were as per usual.
Over 0.0008btc should of been enough to cover the sent amount and have them delivered by now.
If this is an ongoing trend then I expect not to see many people trading bitcoin until this issue with the blockchain has been resolved. Embarrassed

Yes, I have also noticed that in the past day, the mempool has been quite backed up.

https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-size?timespan=1week

I have not seen much explanation from anybody regarding what is going on exactly.

The back-up from last week lasted for about 12 hours. 

I'm thinking that there is some kind of spam attack going on, because exponential peaks, like this, just do not make much sense.

As we can see from the linked blockchain.info chart, blockchain.info has only been providing (and tracking) mempool fullness data since early May 2016.

I have a current transaction has been stuck for almost 19 hours, as I type, and zero confirmations, and the one that I had last week was backed up for nearly 3 hours.  Most of my other previously long transactions were  about 90 minutes.... otherwise most of my transactions had tended to go through in less than an hour.

I am thinking that the big blocker, blocksize limit arguing folks are kind of losing credibility with seg wit about to go live, and they may be attempting to get some attention to the matter by spamming the blockchain for the next few months..   That's my current theory and thinking based on my lack of information regarding some of the specifics, and my ongoing witnessing of the level of desperation, contradiction and bitcoin sabotaging that sometimes seems to be coming out of some folks from that big-blocker nutjobs camp.
Same here brother. Sad
Had one last week not confirm until 4-5 hours and was getting worried that it would not fully and completely send to the recipient for 20 hours and I would have to refund them until it did. Undecided

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
lol3c

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 04:41:37 PM

In the past few day, blockchain has received a significant number of transactions from many bitcoin users. According to some financial chart, the number of bitcoin transactions rise rapidly without any notice. I think people should calm down because you do not have to worry about this problem. It will be solve quickly
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 04:43:12 PM

I need to come visit you sometime in your alt reality.  Kiss

Don't be a stupid ass, MicroGuy.

Do you actually think that spikes that happened this week and about the same time last week are merely organic pressures on the bitcoin network - and accordingly the solution is to increase the blocksize in order to accommodate "organic growth." 

Get the fuck, real. 

There are big blocker nutjob folks who, for some reason, believe it is wise to attack the network in order to attempt to get their way about increasing the blocksize limits.  In that regard, they try to create problems.

These must be Mike Hearn rage quitter types, who really do not appreciate the value of bitcoin, and aim to undermine bitcoin in various ways...

In the end, I am not a very technical kind of guy, and so in that regard, I hope that some intermediary technical fixes can come about because it seems that once seg wit goes live then some of the blocksize limit matters will be addressed - though I am not sure if seg wit will potentially cause additional attack vectors or provide ways to lessen these attack vectors.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Satosher

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 04:43:49 PM

So, I sold some virtual stuff for some guy, and he send moneys like 10 hours ago.

Blocktrail.com says Fee information : Not enough fee to relay

Does this mean that I won't see my moneys? Never had this kind of issues.
xdrpx

Activity: 616
Merit: 603

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 05:03:22 PM

I think there's a lot of exchanges happening because of the rise in the price of Bitcoin. But 50,000 unconfirmed transactions is fairly a lot. Does anyone here know by when will all of these transactions confirm and will it take days to do so? I'm also of the opinion that an attack on the network is in progress to fill the blocks like in the past.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 05:07:15 PM

I think there's a lot of exchanges happening because of the rise in the price of Bitcoin. But 50,000 unconfirmed transactions is fairly a lot. Does anyone here know by when will all of these transactions confirm and will it take days to do so? I'm also of the opinion that an attack on the network is in progress to fill the blocks like in the past.

Think of the block size as 1MB ram. Right now we need a memory upgrade -- big time. hehe

~~

Recommended reading: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 05:26:36 PM

Think of the block size as 1MB ram. Right now we need a memory upgrade -- big time. hehe

Think of 1MB of RAM as having the same cost and delivery schedule as rolling out FTTP fibre broadband to the majority of households worldwide. Not thinking of it the same way now, huh? lol.

Don't get me wrong, worldwide internet capacity will be able to handle blocksize expansion, likely before 2020, but not yet. That would be advocating for only the elite internet users to be able to run Bitcoin, wouldn't it?

Vires in numeris
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: