Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:51:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Unconfirmed Transactions Problem  (Read 9333 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10221

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:50:30 PM

and so we are just waiting now without no action?  24 hours more still unconfirmed . it is really not good for small business.

Yes..... The number of unconfirmed transactions building up in the mempool seems to be at an all time high, approaching 30 million bytes.

https://blockchain.info/charts/mempool-size?timespan=30days

My unconfirmed transaction from yesterday was about 1,700 bytes, and is now about 25 hours old, with still no confirmations. 

By the way, my transaction fee was calculated by a default Mycellium wallet setting at .00085844 BTC (about $.56 and about 51 satoshis per byte - by the way the transmission was a value of a bit more than 2.56 BTC).   

Surely, I am looking forward to hearing some kind of official report regarding what is happening and what kinds of actions are being taken to attempt to address this seemingly ongoing spam attack issue......

i tried to contact blockchain and the answer they said they dont have authority of this problem..... i have no idea now..

Well, I think blockchain.info is merely a website that provides a wallet and various blockchain information.  Sure they are active in the community, but I think that they are correct that they do not necessarily get involved in mining or developing.

So the miners likely can see what is going on, too, but I am not sure what they can do about it, except to maybe identify ways to prioritize while still trying to find blocks.   And, developers could possibly work solutions if they can identify issues.

Even though bitcoin is still up and running, this is almost like a DDOS attack, largely, if transactions cannot be processed for many hours at a time (like more than a few hours starts to seem problematic)..  My non-processed transaction is currently at 26.5 hours, as I type, of no confirmations.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:53:31 PM

I had thinked this issue were already been fixed now looks like it will be a long time waiting the small transactions to go further, those should return normal this month? Its a mess this situation too many transactions for a short period, just because price is getting bigger.

I don't know how you get off characterizing this situation as being caused by "just because price is getting bigger"?

This is an attack on the bitcoin network with spammers... and yeah, maybe part of the motivation is to attempt to keep the price from going up, but this is not any kind of organic growth of transactions situation.  The spike just does not support such a "organic growth" conclusion.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
perris21

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:55:15 PM

I had thinked this issue were already been fixed now looks like it will be a long time waiting the small transactions to go further, those should return normal this month? Its a mess this situation too many transactions for a short period, just because price is getting bigger.

I don't know how you get off characterizing this situation as being caused by "just because price is getting bigger"?

This is an attack on the bitcoin network with spammers... and yeah, maybe part of the motivation is to attempt to keep the price from going up, but this is not any kind of organic growth of transactions situation.  The spike just does not support such a "organic growth" conclusion.

if you said DDOS then im totally agree about that
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:57:14 PM

In September 2015, the mempool had over 190,000 pending txs.
This is pretty weak so far. Its going to take a few more days to get to something worth watching.

People overreacting now are either ignorant or pushing an agenda of ignorance.

Sure, there is not a major problem if this is merely a once in a while situation that is being addressed and attempted to be addressed, and sure it is also not a major problem if it is within the realm of expectations of things that can happen and in the end, no one is screwed out of their transaction due to the delay (like double spend attempts - especially problematic if successful).. so, yeah, if for example, I give $5k to a guy and he sends me $5k worth of bitcoins, I am going to be kind of pissed off if I do not get the bitcoins, and he is already gone with the $5k that I have already given to him... or whatever it is of value that I have given.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 12:00:26 AM

if you said DDOS then im totally agree about that

I am not very much a technical person, so I am trying to make an analogy to suggest that from my understanding this seems to be a kind of similar situation, because to a certain degree nothing is going through.  There could be greater financial ramifications when we are considering a system that is transmitting items of value.. but to me, it seems as if there are still some similar kinds of dynamics when compariing what happens in a DDOS attack and what seems to be happening in the past 24+ hours.

AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 12:03:34 AM

This is pretty weak so far. Its going to take a few more days to get to something worth watching.

Sure, there is not a major problem if this is merely a once in a while situation that is being addressed and attempted to be addressed, and sure it is also not a major problem if it is within the realm of expectations of things that can happen and in the end, no one is screwed out of their transaction due to the delay (like double spend attempts - especially problematic if successful).. so, yeah, if for example, I give $5k to a guy and he sends me $5k worth of bitcoins, I am going to be kind of pissed off if I do not get the bitcoins, and he is already gone with the $5k that I have already given to him... or whatever it is of value that I have given.

If you are doing trades of $100 600 cash or more for bitcoin, you should be requiring the seller
pay a fee that will confirm next block. For example, currently a fee of at least 0.0004 will
have you confirmed by next block. Anyone willing to risk a lower fee, especially during a spam
attack or just higher than normal congestion, has accepted that risk and must wait on line.

You are a Legendary account, so this should be basic info for you by now.
For everyone else, go back and learn about the system you are willingly participating within.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 12:11:37 AM

If you are doing trades of $600 cash or more for bitcoin, you should be requiring the seller
pay a fee that will confirm next block. For example, currently a fee of at least 0.0004 will
have you confirmed by next block. Anyone willing to risk a lower fee, especially during a spam
attack or just higher than normal congestion, has accepted that risk.

Sure, yeah, I suppose there could be some assumption of risk, and there is certainly a lot of learning to do for a lot of folks in respect to bitcoin.

By the way, I did already describe my particular latest transaction in this post :  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1661792.msg16693870#msg16693870

The fee  was the default calculation of the Mycellium wallet of .00085844 BTC.

In this particular situation, I would assert that what is going on currently is not adequacy of fee situation.. there is some kind of an attack going on that is clogging things up.  Sure, I feel pretty lucky because I think that the guy that I was dealing with is not the kind of person that would try anything sleazy because I have done several transactions with him... So, I have a pretty high confidence level that I am not going to have any issues with either the transaction going through or getting him to resubmit the transaction, if for some reason it does not go through. 

On the other hand, surely there are some folks out there that are less than honorable, and even the most honorable persons could be tempted to walk away from any situation in which they receive value but the value is not transmitted (and they could get away with it).   

fritzdark

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 12:41:03 AM

I have made six transactions yesterday yet only two transactions were confirmed. The remainings are still on the waiting list. I guess all we have to do now is to have more patience in this matter. As what as others saying, in no time all transactions will be confirmed. I just hope that they should address this issue as soon as possible.
perris21

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 12:47:06 AM

and now soon will be going to 70k unconfirmed transactions. still nothing good happened
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 12:52:04 AM

fees are antispam feature.
if you don't see it ... leave it.

network work well when you pay the right fee.
and we have plenty of site to verify this : https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fees#Fee_Plotting_Sites

if someone want to emit bitcoin transaction ... it can ... by paying the right fees (priority fees mode in the bitcoin core or android wallet).
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 02:00:00 AM

and we have plenty of site to verify this : https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction_fees#Fee_Plotting_Sites

if someone want to emit bitcoin transaction ... it can ... by paying the right fees (priority fees mode in the bitcoin core or android wallet).

So, if we want fast transactions since now, do we need to pay highest fees?

I don't think it fair, because we were paying the same fees that now and the transactions were normal, and now, we need to pay highest fees. And I suppose if we pay highest fees now, some time later, there will be the necessity to increase again (when more people start using BTCs), no?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
AgentofCoin
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 02:04:28 AM

I don't think it fair, because we were paying the same fees that now and the transactions were normal, and now, we need to pay highest fees. And I suppose if we pay highest fees now, some time later, there will be the necessity to increase again (when more people start using BTCs), no?

What is not fair?
When you pay the highest fee, you are paying for priority.
If you don't need priority and can wait, pay medium fee.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
mrcash02

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 02:15:33 AM

What is not fair?

The problem is that the "medium" fee isn't being sufficient anymore to make the transactions go smoothly. Looks if many people are making transactions, the fee must be higher, or you won't complete it, canceling the transaction.

So, in the future the fees will be very highest than now, or we will never complete our transactions. Tell me if I'm wrong.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 02:20:41 AM

Mine still unconfirmed and it is 36 hours transaction and I am a high priority transaction.  But wait I have a transaction yesterday it only cost 15 mins to recieved  on my wallet. I think the only delayed is the transactions from oct 25- 26 earlier morning
Ast3rix

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 02:31:24 AM

Been waiting for confirmation for 12 hours in one of the transactions, 6 hours on another one and 1 hour on the most recent... looks like still have a couple of FUN days ahead to see this money on my pocket, at least im a little bit more relaxed after reading this, cuz i thought it was something wrong with my wallet or the other ppl's wallets...  Roll Eyes
AgentofCoin
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 02:35:39 AM

What is not fair?

The problem is that the "medium" fee isn't being sufficient anymore to make the transactions go smoothly. Looks if many people are making transactions, the fee must be higher, or you won't complete it, canceling the transaction.

So, in the future the fees will be very highest than now, or we will never complete our transactions. Tell me if I'm wrong.

There is no set fee structure.
The fee system is determined by your priority and the size of current mempool.
The "medium" fee is only a snap shot on a sliding scale.
The "medium" fee now is around 75 sato per byte.

The fee market will rise as long as there are bitcoin users who are willing to pay higher fees.
The reality is that it will stabilize at a certain level since most users will not pay more than $1 per tx.
So in theory you are correct, up to a point.

mrcash02

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 02:42:28 AM

What is not fair?

The fee market will rise as long as there are bitcoin users who are willing to pay higher fees.
The reality is that it will stabilize at a certain level since most users will not pay more than $1 per tx.

Hmm, Ok, understood. So, if I want a relative fast transaction, do I need to pay 75 satoshis per byte now? And do you know +/- how much time will it take to complete? (I think we were paying 32 satoshis per byte and it was going fast days ago).

And Yobit fee, for an example, the fee there is 20k satoshis. So, will I need to pay more there also since now?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
AgentofCoin
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 02:54:24 AM

What is not fair?

Hmm, Ok, understood. So, if I want a relative fast transaction, do I need to pay 75 satoshis per byte now? And do you know +/- how much time will it take to complete? (I think we were paying 32 satoshis per byte and it was going fast days ago).

And Yobit fee, for an example, the fee there is 20k satoshis. So, will I need to pay more there also since now?

Yes, if you paid 75 sato per byte now, then you are estimated to get your first confirmation within the
next 7 blocks, or +/- 120 minutes from now. See this site for fee estimations: https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

If you want to be in the next block now, you should pay priority which is 110 sato per byte.

For Yobit, I'm don't know if you can change the fee or that the administrator will have to adjust
the fee for all withdrawals. If you can set your own fee, then yes, you should set it for your preferred need.

mrcash02

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 03:01:24 AM

Yes, if you paid 75 sato per byte now, then you are estimated to get your first confirmation within the
next 7 blocks, or +/- 120 minutes from now. See this site for fee estimations: https://bitcoinfees.21.co/

If you want to be in the next block now, you should pay priority which is 110 sato per byte.

For Yobit, I'm don't know if you can change the fee or that the administrator will have to adjust
the fee for all withdrawals. If you can set your own fee, then yes, you should set it for your preferred need.

Ok, thank you. Good informations on this site about the transactions and its respective fees.

I usually have no hurry to complete the transactions fast, but I wouldn't like to wait more than 12 hours for it anyway.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
HotSwap

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

COINMIXER.NET

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 03:05:49 AM

that's interesting, i've been having this same problem with some of today's CoinMixer.net transactions.  Several inbound deposits have remained unconfirmed for 12hours or more .. very odd.  Possible dust spam attack on the bitcoin network to flood it with junk transactions is my guess

High Volume, Secure Bitcoin Mixer: https://CoinMixer.net
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: