Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:11:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (MOVED) BipCoin. Mineable. CryptoNote. BipCot NoGov Licensed.  (Read 23144 times)
MWD64 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 11:17:40 PM

EDIT: there seems to be some voodoo with that one address. has space when pasted, but I don't see the space. Any thoughts?
It works if you paste into landscape word doc, remove space, and paste into CLI.

It's a known problem with the forum software and all the cryptonote addresses.
Use the "Insert Code" instead:

bip1q3gbZAk4uzsR5kmqK75aThikNkSyDB8rnQWoWHa34gYsyMTGr5r8rALv1hydH4jC7Q2xf4n3AaJ Tb8GDnJmG3oMa5AULKg
Code:
bip1q3gbZAk4uzsR5kmqK75aThikNkSyDB8rnQWoWHa34gYsyMTGr5r8rALv1hydH4jC7Q2xf4n3AaJTb8GDnJmG3oMa5AULKg

Thank you. Will add to the blog post.

Check out and use The BipCot NoGov license

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 01:29:27 AM

Testing:

Code:
bip1ZT7AY9dAE3KYrXcFeoVtFe43WZvGBAA2NFVXXbn4Yxw15gYgekQc7VUFJFHM7DMNsZKRDZAeTe81P8yke37z4JVJupJF1j

Can someone please send me one squitten to that address? (.000000000001 bip. If that doesn't send because of a "wrong amount" error, try one less zero until it does.
The fee will be much more than that, .0001 bip. lol. Even so will be a tiny amount.

Send it please, let me know, then post an address and I'll send you back much more. lolz: .1 bip.

MWD

Neptunium

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 01:30:12 AM

Can we get CORS support? I added it to be always on but in reality it should be made a daemon command.

https://github.com/BEASTLICK-INTERNET-POLICY-COMMISSION/bipcoin/pull/1

Hey, I wanted to check out Neptunium, but all four of the pools are down, FYI.
https://www.neptunium.xyz/pools/

Neptunium is long dead and gone my friend. Sad
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 01:31:04 AM

Can we get CORS support? I added it to be always on but in reality it should be made a daemon command.

meh.

I think slb is removing that code you posted. He said it's got a known bug.

MWD

Neptunium

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 01:34:01 AM

Testing:

Code:
bip1ZT7AY9dAE3KYrXcFeoVtFe43WZvGBAA2NFVXXbn4Yxw15gYgekQc7VUFJFHM7DMNsZKRDZAeTe81P8yke37z4JVJupJF1j

Can someone please send me one squitten to that address? (.000000000001 bip. If that doesn't send because of a "wrong amount" error, try one less zero until it does.
The fee will be much more than that, .0001 bip. lol. Even so will be a tiny amount.

Send it please, let me know, then post an address and I'll send you back much more. lolz: .1 bip.

MWD

I was able to send 0.00000001, no confirmations yet.
Neptunium

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 01:35:03 AM

meh.

I think slb is removing that code you posted. He said it's got a known bug.

MWD

That's fine, it's a temporary fix. It needs to be a command line. But the code I added exists in the current version of Bytecoin and Forknote so I'm not sure what the bug is.
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 01:50:39 AM

Testing:

Code:

MWD

I was able to send 0.00000001, no confirmations yet.

I got it. It's confirmed. Lolz. that's hilarious AND the formatitng for the address worked.
Thank you for your service!

what's your address? I'll send you .5 bip.

Here's the button to put in the "code" code so it doesn't break the address;

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 01:52:59 AM

too bad. Cool name and concept. What's the wordpress theme you're using? I like it. Probably not for BipCoin but for next time I do a blog.
 (I actually bought a really cool dark theme for BipCoin, but it still looks like a personal blog, maybe part of the charm of BipCoin,.....the coin's "stoner vibe" like someone said. Even though none of us are stoners.

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 01:54:32 AM

what happened and how long after launch was it dead? I am always willing to learn from the mistakes of others, especially people who are so forthright about it. I like that.  I even have a segment on my radio show called "I WAS WRONG!" where I correct things I said wrong in other episodes.

MWD

Neptunium

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:17:36 AM

too bad. Cool name and concept. What's the wordpress theme you're using? I like it. Probably not for BipCoin but for next time I do a blog.
 (I actually bought a really cool dark theme for BipCoin, but it still looks like a personal blog, maybe part of the charm of BipCoin,.....the coin's "stoner vibe" like someone said. Even though none of us are stoners.

My address:
Code:
bip1qx5bZS1FiVxBS8VjzyHuTRvk4HiRWC3EF8rDMZReB8RVoFumvqSJLqqWoTQoFHNTQ3cZ5vsJeLg6mzmy9Cc93b8sKdW1UM

Neptunium's website isn't Wordpress but Subrion. It's a good CMS.
Neptunium

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:22:54 AM

what happened and how long after launch was it dead? I am always willing to learn from the mistakes of others, especially people who are so forthright about it. I like that.  I even have a segment on my radio show called "I WAS WRONG!" where I correct things I said wrong in other episodes.

MWD

I was the only one really working on it so with my limited knowledge of programming I faced a lot of issues that took long to fix. I was also busy and was not able to dedicate as much time as I should have. Perhaps the greatest factor was the fact that almost no smaller exchanges supported Cryptonote and Neptunium was never able to see an exchange. Cryptopia offered us a place until they saw we were Cryptonote but I'm happy to see they now support the platform.
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 02:23:39 AM

My address:
Code:
bip1qx5bZS1FiVxBS8VjzyHuTRvk4HiRWC3EF8rDMZReB8RVoFumvqSJLqqWoTQoFHNTQ3cZ5vsJeLg6mzmy9Cc93b8sKdW1UM

sent. Worked perfectly with that code. Nice to know from the person who posted it, Nik4691.
Hey Nik4691, post your address, I'll send you a bip.

Neptunium's website isn't Wordpress but Subrion. It's a good CMS.

ah. That explains why it looks better than my websites. lol.

MWD

Neptunium

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:31:24 AM

MWD I'm making a pool for BipCoin. Can you share how you got the block explorer working? My pool is working but no blocks are showing up in the explorer.

I'm using the same one from the ForkNote github. I've messed around with some stuff to get the JSON RPC working with the daemon and I'm receiving "VM83:53 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'blocks' of undefined(…)" in the JS console.
LUA2016

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:38:24 AM

I just got into cryptocurrencies in the past few months and the process of simply understanding them has been overwhelming--quite a learning curve.

That said, I began to get interested in BipCoin and found the tutorial on their website explaining how to mine it. A quick skim-through made it seem overwhelming, but the tutorial was expansive and extremely detailed.

Not having any understanding of "mining" or CLI (command line interface), I decided to give it a shot...and, within an hour, I was mining BipCoin.

Just one tip that might even bring down the the installation time: read two or three steps ahead before proceeding with the current one if you become confused at any point. That should eliminate any confusion or issues you may come across--at least it did for me.

Even if BipCoin never takes off, I am thankful of the creator(s) and the experience. Reason being, it introduced me to mining, furthered my understanding of computer programming and cryptocurrencies, and, well, kitties.

I highly recommend you give BipCoin a chance.
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 03:28:32 AM

I just got into cryptocurrencies in the past few months and the process of simply understanding them has been overwhelming--quite a learning curve.

That said, I began to get interested in BipCoin and found the tutorial on their website explaining how to mine it. A quick skim-through made it seem overwhelming, but the tutorial was expansive and extremely detailed.

Not having any understanding of "mining" or CLI (command line interface), I decided to give it a shot...and, within an hour, I was mining BipCoin.

Just one tip that might even bring down the the installation time: read two or three steps ahead before proceeding with the current one if you become confused at any point. That should eliminate any confusion or issues you may come across--at least it did for me.

Even if BipCoin never takes off, I am thankful of the creator(s) and the experience. Reason being, it introduced me to mining, furthered my understanding of computer programming and cryptocurrencies, and, well, kitties.

Thanks man. This is one goal of ours, to bring people to cryptos who've never used them.

I actually write tech books for a living, so I can do it in my sleep. But I'm trying even harder with BipCoin tutorials to make them work for people who've never done any of it. Even with things as simple as putting
"CLI (command line interface)"
the first time I put "CLI" instead of just saying "CLI."
Most coins assume people already know that stuff, which can be offputting.

How long have you mined, what's your hash rate and have you mined any yet?

Because we've had a few days of very high hash rates, probably pro miners speculating for a few days to suck up a bunch of coins. I'm assuming they'll move on to other coins sooner or later. Because I think they're spending more money on hash power rental than the BipCoin they're mining is worth at current rate.  lol.

Anyway, that does make it harder to pool mine (and WAY impossible to solo mine. But I think we're past solo mining working on BipCoin for good, even if these folks move on).

MWD

Neptunium

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 05:22:52 AM

Can anyone help me figure out why the BipCoin daemon does not want to accept any of my RPC calls?  Huh

Input:
Code:
curl xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx/json_rpc -d '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":"test","method":"f_blocks_list_json","params":{"height":52144}}'

Output:
Code:
{"error":{"code":-32601,"message":"Method not found"},"id":"test","jsonrpc":"2.0"}
slb

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 10:29:16 AM

Can anyone help me figure out why the BipCoin daemon does not want to accept any of my RPC calls?  Huh

Input:
Code:
curl xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx/json_rpc -d '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","id":"test","method":"f_blocks_list_json","params":{"height":52144}}'

Output:
Code:
{"error":{"code":-32601,"message":"Method not found"},"id":"test","jsonrpc":"2.0"}

Hey,
The block explorer only works with Forknote, because it needs additional RPC.
If you dont want to use Forknote you can add the code from here to the original BipCoin code:
https://github.com/forknote/cryptonote-generator/blob/81ddb7c5ecafda08a44787913000512eb04c0af2/extensions/blockchain-explorer.json

Forknote (create cryptocurrenies easy) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1079306.0
Dashcoin (anonymous cryptocurrency) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1020627.0
LUA2016

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 04:49:40 PM

Thanks man. This is one goal of ours, to bring people to cryptos who've never used them.

I actually write tech books for a living, so I can do it in my sleep. But I'm trying even harder with BipCoin tutorials to make them work for people who've never done any of it. Even with things as simple as putting
"CLI (command line interface)"
the first time I put "CLI" instead of just saying "CLI."
Most coins assume people already know that stuff, which can be offputting.

How long have you mined, what's your hash rate and have you mined any yet?

Because we've had a few days of very high hash rates, probably pro miners speculating for a few days to suck up a bunch of coins. I'm assuming they'll move on to other coins sooner or later. Because I think they're spending more money on hash power rental than the BipCoin they're mining is worth at current rate.  lol.

Anyway, that does make it harder to pool mine (and WAY impossible to solo mine. But I think we're past solo mining working on BipCoin for good, even if these folks move on).

MWD

MWD,

I've had it installed since last Friday, but have probably only mined for 3-4 hours total.

My hash rate is 13.00 H/sec and there's a pending balance of .0361xxxx.

Update: It's up to 36.00 H/sec and still increasing. We're rolling now.
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 04:53:09 PM

I've had it installed since last Friday, but have probably only mined for 3-4 hours total.

My hash rate is 13.00 H/sec and there's a pending balance of .0361xxxx.

Update: It's up to 36.00 H/sec and still increasing. We're rolling now.

cool. Let us know when you get some. Also, it's still 2cents on Cryptopia if you want to buy some. was nearly 4 cents the other day, and I assume it may go up again. (Not a guarantee, and I'm not the one selling. I'm holding mine.)

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 05:19:40 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2016, 05:39:56 PM by MWD64

BipCoin market cap is 277 out of 640 top coins, and rising.   Woot! (This says more about how crappy many coins are more than how great BipCoin is yet, but keep watching this. Will be an interesting ride.)

Bookmark and follow here: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: