Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:14:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (MOVED) BipCoin. Mineable. CryptoNote. BipCot NoGov Licensed.  (Read 23154 times)
MWD64 (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 09:06:07 AM

hmmm, maybe a cofig thing on the pool website? It's resolving around the world;
https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/crypticbear.com

Check out and use The BipCot NoGov license
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 09:06:58 AM

I've made a mining pool!

Our advantages:
  • 0.5% fee, the lowest of any BipCoin mining pool!
  • Payments sent out every 20minutes with a minimum payment threshold of 1.0BIP
  • Slush mining!

• Global block explorer and public pool information on blocks and payments
  • Frontend hosted on a separate server from the backend
  • Run by a high end server with DDOS protection to provide the best uptime

I'm here if you ever need help or support for anything mining related (ex. setting up a miner)!
Come mine with us: http://bip.crypticbear.com/

the link do not wok

What do you mean? http://bip.crypticbear.com loads for me.

YOUR BLOCK HEIGHT IS ALREADY WAY OFF. SHUT DOWN YOUR POOL AND REMOVE YOUR ANNOUNCE POSTS PLEASE. YOU NEED MORE WORK ON YOUR OWN BEFORE OPENING A PUBLIC BipCoin POOL.

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 09:14:46 AM

OK, I think I understand why Neptunium coin is no longer mined or listed anywhere.

I'm not being mean, just, really people........how about at least testing a new pool yourself and mining on it for a few hours (or a couple days) and watching the block height before announcing it?

This is the second time this has happened since we launched, and it's always a HUGE waste of everyone's time (including my time.)

Next time someone puts up a BipPool, if they haven't done CryptoNote pools successfully before, untill they've tested it themselves for a day, I'm going to say DO NOT MINE ON THIS POOL when they announce it.

Just because someone has run a Bitcoin pool or a Bitcoin-clone coin pool doesn't mean they can run a CryptoNote coin pool. It's a different thing.

A POOL WITH A LOWER FEE IS NOT ALWAYS THE BEST CHOICE. POOLS THAT CHARGE 1.5% INSTEAD OF .5% OFTEN EARN THEIR EXTRA 1%.....BY HELPING YOU MINE COINS THAT ARE ACTUALLY ON OUR BLOCK CHAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
A POOL WITH A LOWER FEE IS NOT ALWAYS THE BEST CHOICE. POOLS THAT CHARGE 1.5% INSTEAD OF .5% OFTEN EARN THEIR EXTRA 1%.....BY HELPING YOU MINE COINS THAT ARE ACTUALLY ON OUR BLOCK CHAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 09:26:36 AM

I've made a mining pool!

Our advantages:
  • Slush mining!

I'm here if you ever need help or support for anything mining related (ex. setting up a miner)!

I see you restarted it and are now mining on your pool. But you're already 3 blocks ahead of us. at least shut down down that web page while you test, someone might mine on it by accident. You know, right, that you're forking, which means your coins are worthless.

I really don't think you're ready for this. At least delete your announce posts here and elsewhere please.
And we can't give you tech support on trying to fix this. We have too much work to do. Please, just stop. I know you mean well, but this is making us do extra work, and making you look bad. Just go mine on our pools please.

These kids today......

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 09:27:29 AM

I've made a mining pool!

Our advantages:
  • Slush mining!

the link do not wok

Then you're lucky.

Neptunium

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 09:31:29 AM

I've made a mining pool!

Our advantages:
  • Slush mining!

the link do not wok

Then you're lucky.

Woah... calm down. The issue was the config file I was using for Forknote was outdated. The reason I had to use Forknote in the first place was because Bipcoin does not have the latest RPC API. Nobody was harmed from a broken mining pool.
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 09:47:15 AM

I've made a mining pool!

Our advantages:
  • Slush mining!

the link do not wok

Then you're lucky.

Woah... calm down. The issue was the config file I was using for Forknote was outdated. The reason I had to use Forknote in the first place was because Bipcoin does not have the latest RPC API. Nobody was harmed from a broken mining pool.

This is the second time someone has proudly bugged us with multiple PMs and announced proudly "I HAVE A POOL!" without testing it first. You need to test this for a day and take down your announce posts here. I can't make you do that, but I can post on the BipCoin site "NEVER USE THIS POOL." I've done it before.

I'm not 'harmed", but you're wasting our time. You should take down posts, get it right on your own time, then reannounce please. If you ever want a chance at us telling people to use your pool.

cryptos are basically MONEY. People get really pissed when you fuck with their money. You should know this now, having done a coin that failed. Don't be so "hey man, it's all cooooooooooool" about this. You made a mistake. a big one, At least do the right thing and remove announce until you've tested it with a couple friends and yourself for like 48 hours and it stays in consensus.

MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 09:51:38 AM

Nobody was harmed from a broken mining pool.

I'm not 'harmed", but you're wasting our time. Hours of it today.

Also, if we hadn't noticed it, and you'd left it up (I think you would have), any coins people mined on it would be worthless. I'm looking out for BipCoin fans, many of whom are noobs to mining. (We attract them because we have great tutorials, and we'll sometimes take time to give one-on-one help. Most coins won't.)

MWD

Neptunium

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 09:53:25 AM

Nobody was harmed from a broken mining pool.

I'm not 'harmed", but you're wasting our time. Hours of it today.

Also, if we hadn't noticed it, and you'd left it up (I think you would have), any coins people mined on it would be worthless. I'm looking out for BipCoin fans, many of whom are noobs to mining. (We attract them because we have great tutorials, and we'll sometimes take time to give one-on-one help. Most coins won't.)

MWD

I wouldn't have left it up, I was in the process of testing it. It's a mistake but it's far from anything serious. If I wasted hours of your time that's your problem.
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 09:54:43 AM

If I wasted hours of your time that's your problem.

If we give of our time to give one-on-one support to help people who want help, we have a problem?

You insult the dev team of a coin you want to run a pool for, and want the devs to promote your pool??

oh man. good luck with this. You're going to need it.
lolz.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Neptunium

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 10:03:11 AM

If we give of our time to give one-on-one support to help people who want help, we have a problem?

You insult the dev team of a coin you want to run a pool for, and want the devs to promote your pool??

I'm not insulting anyone, you are. Just to make it clear, I wanted to run a pool out of interest for the coin and cryptonote. It doesn't hurt me one bit if you won't support my pool, I just won't run one. Nobody wasted "hours" of your time but yourself.
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 10:03:53 AM

I'm not insulting anyone, you are. Just to make it clear, I wanted to run a pool out of interest for the coin and cryptonote. It doesn't hurt me one bit if you won't support my pool, I just won't run one. Nobody wasted "hours" of your time but yourself.

One of our team members, slb, helped you today, right?
And don't blame this on him because someone else set up a pool from his instructions and it works great.
It's computing 101 to test things and work out the bugs before announcing them.

I'm not insulting you when saying "It's no surprise your coin failed, since this is how you do things." It's not ad hominem if it's true.

I just think you'd be doing more for yourself and this coin if you mined on one of the working pools. I don't think you're ready for this. And if you do make it work, you shouldn't announce it until you test it extensively.

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 10:08:36 AM

monero is going to hide transaction amount in few months.

is bip also trying to adopt that feature?  simply port the feature or do it yourself?

Grin
Neptunium

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 10:09:41 AM

One of our team members helped you today, right?
And don't blame him on this because someone else set up a pool from his instructions and it works great.
It's computing 101 to test things before announcing them.

When did I ever blame someone? I did not receive any "instructions" besides that I can use forknote for my RPC server. Yes, should have tested it first, but you are getting way too upset over a mining pool that won't work.

If you're looking for something to blame look at your own strange code with no documentation. Missing RPC support, no genesis chain in CryptoNoteConfig.h. I's a bit of a hassle for someone to figure out what your team did with no explanation.
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 10:12:21 AM

is bip also trying to adopt that feature?  simply port the feature or do it yourself?

Grin

I doubt it. We've got other plans and priorities.

Monero kicks ass, we don't claim to be Monero. We are a solid, basic CryptoNote coin that works, and our coin is a lot of fun. (Plus has a license Monero and every dark coin, maybe every coin, should use: www.bipcot.org )

It is our goal to be the Dodgecoin of dark coins (without the silly endless money supply, and more than one joke.)

But we do have a plan for one thing, but we will announce it when we implement it. Something no CryptoNote is doing, and something very useful.

Thank you for stopping by. We hope you'll try mining and trading some Bips.

MWD

cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 10:15:37 AM

is bip also trying to adopt that feature?  simply port the feature or do it yourself?

Grin

Monero kicks ass, we don't claim to be Monero. We are a solid, basic CryptoNote coin that works, and our coin is a lot of fun. (Plus has a licene Monero and every dark coin, maybe every coin, should use: www.bipcot.org )

It is our goal to be the Dodgecoin of dark coins (without the silly endless money supply.)

But we do have a plan for one thing, but we will announce it when we implement it. Something no CryptoNote is doing, and something very useful.

MWD

tks man.

hope we will see that feature very soon.

any hint what it is about?
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 10:17:31 AM

Grin

Monero kicks ass, we don't claim to be Monero. We are a solid, basic CryptoNote coin that works, and our coin is a lot of fun. (Plus has a licene Monero and every dark coin, maybe every coin, should use: www.bipcot.org )

It is our goal to be the Dodgecoin of dark coins (without the silly endless money supply.)

MWD

tks man.

Nope. But it's futile to wonder. All coins promise "we're going to change the world!" few do (Monero does.)

Pretend BipCoin dev plans with "this cool new thing we have planned!" is all talk until maybe it surprises you one day. lol!

cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 10:20:26 AM

Grin

MWD

tks man.

Nope. But it's futile to wonder. All coins promise "we're going to change the world!" few do (Monero does.)

Pretend BipCoin dev plans with "this cool new thing we have planned!" is all talk until maybe it surprises you one day. lol!

good enough.   that is why i love crypto. lol
MWD64 (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 10:21:56 AM

good enough.   that is why i love crypto. lol

nice. It is a great time to be alive, no?

Follow our Twitter if you'd like. We don't tweet a lot there (1-3 a day), but when we do, it's news about BipCoin.
https://twitter.com/BipCoinOfficial

thanks man!
MWD

werdwerdus

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 04:33:28 PM

Hey, you have two BipNodes, right? can you post or send me the IPs again? I'm keeping a list.

Thank you for your service!
MWD

werdwerd.us:18870
172.245.191.237:18870

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: