Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:57:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the best investment holding your Bitcoin?  (Read 5416 times)
ariesjia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 03:12:57 PM

You asked right question is it holding enough or we are greedy. I work for some money, and that simply is jot enough for me. Bitcoin provide me extra income and that is what I need in this moment, I don't have time to wait. And for just holding and in long term is something that I can't afford to myself.
Save who have more then enough, even with bitcoins I can't buy and pay all necessary things for month and have some fun, or go to sea, some vocation I don't know. And I'm young I wish to enjoy now, not one day when I'm old and my dick doesn't rising in the morning.
Holding some of them for the future can be a good idea but holding all of them without spending or selling them is the worst thing to do with bitcoins as there is no guarantee that we will see only higher price in future and if it falls then holding will bring loss for us, so its always good to sell them when price goes higher and secure the profits.

you will secure less than you could have if you simply did nothing
in 2020 or 2025 the price will be well in excess of $10,000
this is just the beginning .... THIS IS GENTLEMEN !

What you said is true that this is just an beginning and we will see much higher price of bitcoins in future but not everyone can afford to hold their coins for a long term, people who needs money will prefer to sell them when price goes higher, and holding is only possible for those who have excess amount of money saved in bitcoins.

Very correct,  only those  people  who dont need  money  anymore  would surely keep all those  bitcoins that they earn  but for those  people  who  rely fully on bitcoin earning would surely cash out and spend it actively their bitcoin  because  they  need  to  do  it   in  order  to  live .
Yeah people who are full time into bitcoins will surely keep on selling their coins at regular intervals as they need money for living and to take care of their daily needs, but for those who treat bitcoins only as a pure investment will never sell their coins in short term and will prefer to hold them in long run.
Taksonas

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 03:20:33 AM

Holding bitcoins is very good and doing it right now for a long term is even better, the bitcoin simply just has such a good future a head these days, it will be more than worth it.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 04:03:35 AM

Holding bitcoins is very good and doing it right now for a long term is even better, the bitcoin simply just has such a good future a head these days, it will be more than worth it.

yeah, it has been a very good run up until now and i don't see any reason why this has to change for the future.

the future is also going to be just rises because bitcoin is not yet at its full potential and every day we are getting closer to a little bit of more of bitcoin potential.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Huge Black Woman

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 04:12:34 AM

Brother, you gon' lose yo shirt if you buy them poopy ass shitcoins, and that's a fact.   Just buy yourself some bitcoin and be like a hen keepin its egg warm.  Jess sit on it till it hatches, then yoube glad you did.   Mmmm hm.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2016, 05:21:02 AM

I would like to say hello first off, I am new to these forums as a member, but I do often enjoy browsing on my lunch break.

I see a lot of people like to invest in other coins in particular IPO/ICO. But with the volatility of Bitcoin is this not the best investment choice in itself? Keeping your Bitcoins which have a higher value and can fluctuate more? Especially with the recent halving, I can only see the value going up.

Do you see any need to invest elsewhere or is it greedy? What are your thoughts on this?
It is also my lunch break here in my office and if you are going to invest your bitcoin into ICO you need to read the concenquences there and you need to choose a good one. There are some good icos now in the marketplace you can see tbhere and read the details carefuly before you do investment.

jondeen707

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 12:13:30 PM

yeah, it has been a very good run up until now and i don't see any reason why this has to change for the future.

the future is also going to be just rises because bitcoin is not yet at its full potential and every day we are getting closer to a little bit of more of bitcoin potential.

Technically it has the potential of growing tenfold or even a hundred times. But that will happen only if it's adoption as a currency/digital asset continues to grow and take hold.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 01:25:27 PM

Technically it has the potential of growing tenfold or even a hundred times. But that will happen only if it's adoption as a currency/digital asset continues to grow and take hold.

and the adoption is growing!
you can compare the number of transactions per day, or per hour with 6 months ago and a year ago and so on, and you can clearly see the rapid growth that bitcoin had over the years. and that is just the simplest way of seeing this. you can also see the number of wallets that are created on online wallets sites, the number of services that started using bitcoin last year and so on.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:45:12 PM

Holdig your Bitcoin is best but instead, investing it in Altcoins for trading in short term basis is much better because you can gain more profits from Altcoins.
Wolf_Pack

Activity: 386

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 10:50:26 PM

Holdig your Bitcoin is best but instead, investing it in Altcoins for trading in short term basis is much better because you can gain more profits from Altcoins.

You can make good profits from altcoins only if you choose the right coin at the right time or else its an risky affair, as the life of altcoins is not too long and it can disappear at any time, and if you want to make good profits from it then  you cannot afford to miss the pumps and dumps in order to make quick profits.

▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄       ▄▄       ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▄   ██ ██▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀▀▀█▀      ███      ███     ███ ██▀▀▀▀▀
██▀      ▀██ ████▄  ██ ██        ██▀           ██▀██     ████   ████ ██
██        ██ ██ ▀██ ██ ██▄▄▄     ██    ████   ██▀ ▀██    ██▀██ ██▀██ ██▄▄▄
██▄      ▄██ ██  ▀████ ██▀▀▀     ██▄     ██  ██▀   ▀██   ██ ▀███▀ ██ ██▀▀▀
 ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀  ██    ▀██ ██▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██▄▄▄██▀ ████▄▄▄████  ██  ▀█▀  ██ ██▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀     ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀       ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
A-Self Evolving Virtual World
Built on Top of Blockchain
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
TWITTER     TELEGRAM      MEDIUM
▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 12:23:32 AM

You can make good profits from altcoins only if you choose the right coin at the right time or else its an risky affair, as the life of altcoins is not too long and it can disappear at any time, and if you want to make good profits from it then  you cannot afford to miss the pumps and dumps in order to make quick profits.

Choosing the right altcoin is exactly where the main problem is focused at. Nowadays altcoins are being launched in a professional way with great white papers, top notch website, somewhat decent features. These coins mostly get seen by certain people as very interesting projects, while in fact it's nothing more than another scam coin. It's a gamble where you invest your money in. You either end up making great profits, or you'll walk out with a bag full of worthless coins.
Zalfrin

Activity: 401

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 12:39:04 AM

You can make good profits from altcoins only if you choose the right coin at the right time or else its an risky affair, as the life of altcoins is not too long and it can disappear at any time, and if you want to make good profits from it then  you cannot afford to miss the pumps and dumps in order to make quick profits.

Choosing the right altcoin is exactly where the main problem is focused at. Nowadays altcoins are being launched in a professional way with great white papers, top notch website, somewhat decent features. These coins mostly get seen by certain people as very interesting projects, while in fact it's nothing more than another scam coin. It's a gamble where you invest your money in. You either end up making great profits, or you'll walk out with a bag full of worthless coins.
There are some altcoins that exists since long time, so if we invest in it then chances of making loss is very less but to make profits from it you need to wait for a long time and its really difficult to trust any newly launch coins as most of them turn out to be scam coins which may disappear suddenly.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 12:53:26 AM

There are some altcoins that exists since long time, so if we invest in it then chances of making loss is very less but to make profits from it you need to wait for a long time and its really difficult to trust any newly launch coins as most of them turn out to be scam coins which may disappear suddenly.

Even coins that have been in the market for years require you to have a good amount of luck. If you buy yourself into such an altcoin, then you are hoping for a pump that will bring you into the profits. Hoping that something will happen doesn't have any value. There is no way that you can get a certain indication of what the coin in question will do. It again comes to the point that it's basically a gamble. Risks are simply too high.
to1ga

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 01:19:54 AM

Even coins that have been in the market for years require you to have a good amount of luck. If you buy yourself into such an altcoin, then you are hoping for a pump that will bring you into the profits. Hoping that something will happen doesn't have any value. There is no way that you can get a certain indication of what the coin in question will do. It again comes to the point that it's basically a gamble. Risks are simply too high.
Agreed, there is no guarantee that you will be making profits in trading altcoins as risk will always be a part and parcel in trading and even if certain coins are alive since long time doesn't mean that it will bring only profits for you and for me trading is same like gambling where everything is dependent on luck.

█ █ █ █ █
█ █ ● █ █
● █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
█ █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ ● █
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
               ▄▄█  █▄▄
            ▄█████  █████▄
       ▄  █▄ ▀▀███  ███▀▀ ▄█  ▄
   ▄▄███  ████▄▄ ▀  ▀ ▄▄████  ███▄▄

▀▀███  ████▀▀ ▄  ▄ ▀▀████  ███▀▀  ▄
███▄▄  ▀  ▀▀ ▄▄███  ███▄▄ ▀▀  ▀  ▄▄███
█████▀      ▀█████  █████▀      ▀█████
█▀▀  ▄▄█  ██▄▄ ▀▀█  █▀▀ ▄▄██  █▄▄  ▀▀█
   █████  ██████      ██████  █████
█▄▄  ▀▀█  ██▀▀ ▄▄█  █▄▄ ▀▀██  █▀▀  ▄▄█
█████▄      ▄█████  █████▄      ▄█████
███▀▀  ▄  ▄▄ ▀▀███  ███▀▀ ▄▄  ▄  ▀▀███
▀  ▄▄███  ████▄▄ ▀  ▀ ▄▄████  ███▄▄  ▀
   ▀▀███  ████▀▀ ▄  ▄ ▀▀████  ███▀▀
       ▀  █▀ ▄▄███  ███▄▄ ▀█  ▀
            ▀█████  █████▀
               ▀▀█  █▀▀
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ ● █ █
● █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
█ █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ ● █
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
A Blog That Discusses About
Artificial Intelligence    The Future    Ethics on AI    and more
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ ● █ █
● █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
█ █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ ● █
█ █ █ █ █
█ █ █ █ █
█ ● █ █ █
● █ █ █ ●
█ █ █ █ █
MONKEYJUNK

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 01:49:47 AM

That's a risky, you can earn 500% after a year or more with altcoins if you bet in a solid one or you can grow slowly your bitcoins.

Isn't easy to predict the best strategy here, maybe spliting the money in 2 or more strategys can be the best option.
outatime1

Activity: 364
Merit: 254

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 02:00:59 AM

Holding some bitcoin for the long term may be the best way to make money. I try to supplement that by trading on the short term peaks and valleys in the price.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 02:18:40 AM

That's a risky, you can earn 500% after a year or more with altcoins if you bet in a solid one or you can grow slowly your bitcoins.

Isn't easy to predict the best strategy here, maybe spliting the money in 2 or more strategys can be the best option.
Well, that is the risk with altcoins and if you are going to invest in them then you will have to learn to live with that, holding only bitcoin is great for those that want lesser risk since its the strongest crypto, for those who want more profits then investing in altcoins is the way to go.
ArdiPrabowo

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 09:10:24 AM

Holding some bitcoin for the long term may be the best way to make money. I try to supplement that by trading on the short term peaks and valleys in the price.

i think if holding long time bitcoin is not good
because bitcoin price is and range wave price is slow move
example in 2013 bitcoin price 1000 dollar, and you buy and hold until now you still lost your money not profit
is good is inday trading, shortem trade, not longterm
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 09:25:48 AM

example in 2013 bitcoin price 1000 dollar, and you buy and hold until now you still lost your money not profit

Btc was only $1000 due to a mt gox manipulation of the price and it was only that high for a couple of weeks

History has proven that buy and hold is a good strategy if you take the time to actually check
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 09:45:50 AM

Btc was only $1000 due to a mt gox manipulation of the price and it was only that high for a couple of weeks

History has proven that buy and hold is a good strategy if you take the time to actually check
I sure not long time again the price reach $1000. I'm not expert in trading or others speculation, as my experiences a week ago I was got profit more than 300% about a year because I hold bitcoin but I still hold and wait for best price.
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 10:01:46 AM

I sure not long time again the price reach $1000. I'm not expert in trading or others speculation, as my experiences a week ago I was got profit more than 300% about a year because I hold bitcoin but I still hold and wait for best price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: