Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:26:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Howto] sell my bitcointalk account  (Read 1062 times)
wdnj (OP)

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 06:21:12 AM

How do I sell my bitcointalk account steps,I see this in Auction board but I've no idea how this work out?

also what is steps needed for transfer account to the buyer?

Thanks
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 06:39:51 AM

You make a thread on the auctions section of the boards and post a starting price, a minimum increment and if you want a buy out that insta buys it. Next, you give a timeline at what time the auction ends.

Generally you will want the starting price to be the minimum you want for it and the increment to be reasonable to allow bidding without being overpriced after 1 or 2 bids.

Finally, I would suggest using a trusted escrow to facilitate the trade to minimize the chanced of being scammed. Buyer sends coins to escrow, you hand over the account details, buyer changes details and the coins are released to you by escrow.
wdnj (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 06:51:20 AM

You make a thread on the auctions section of the boards and post a starting price, a minimum increment and if you want a buy out that insta buys it. Next, you give a timeline at what time the auction ends.

Generally you will want the starting price to be the minimum you want for it and the increment to be reasonable to allow bidding without being overpriced after 1 or 2 bids.

Finally, I would suggest using a trusted escrow to facilitate the trade to minimize the chanced of being scammed. Buyer sends coins to escrow, you hand over the account details, buyer changes details and the coins are released to you by escrow.

But I've not seen any one make a thread to sell his account there, all threads by other users whom selling accounts! 
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 06:56:10 AM

But I've not seen any one make a thread to sell his account there, all threads by other users whom selling accounts!  

Generally, they make a new (newbie) account in order to sell their old account. They keep the old account's details private, because if somebody knows which account is being sold, it'll be tagged as sold, and the price is a lot lower...
This being said, you making this thread asking for info and indicating you'll sell your account (at least hinting towards this fact) will already lower the price you'll get when selling i'm afraid...

Please, if you do sell your account, at least doublecheck the buyer, and make sure you ask the escrow to keep his eyes open in case the buyer wants to scam with your seniour account.

wdnj (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 07:00:30 AM

So, do i need to make a new (newbie) account in order to sell my old account?
altcoinhosting2

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 07:10:39 AM

There is no rule that says you have to do this, but that's what most sellers do to protect the identity of the sold account, yes... If they try to sell the account they're currently use, other senior members will tag the account as sold.
Truth be told, by tagging sold accounts, those members probably saved hundreds of innocent people getting scammed, because rather often, those sold accounts are used to start a scam.

██████████████████████▔|▔▔|      LEDGER WALLETSecond factorMalware Proof
████████████████████▔|▔▔|
██████████████████████|▔▔| ◀◀ Smartcard based Hardware Wallet - Worldwide Shipping
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 08:09:52 AM

That is not actually needed as a rule, but people do that because they don't want to reveal their account details which they are willing to sell because sometimes the senior or old users of this forum tag those accounts with negative trust saying they are sold ones and someone might use them for bad things.
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 10:54:09 AM

How do I sell my bitcointalk account steps,I see this in Auction board but I've no idea how this work out?

Thanks

You can sell bitcointalk account in two sections:

- Auctions
- Goods -> Digital goods

All detailed informatios how to open an auction you can find here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=287020.0

Probably easiest for you will be sell acc in Digital goods section. Here you have example:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1662086.0

Here you can check details about clients can ask you:

http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 11:53:12 AM

Thanks

Head over to marketplace>digital goods and open a topic about selling your account. But first I'd check the prices and if  it's even worth selling your account.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 12:01:22 PM

Thanks

Head over to marketplace>digital goods and open a topic about selling your account. But first I'd check the prices and if  it's even worth selling your account.

It is! First of course check if your account is worth anything - you can do that in service i mentioned before:
http://www.bctalkaccountpricer.info/

Don't inform in public which account you want to sell, because his price will go drastically down. The best way to sell account anonymously, is to open new account, and use it just to sell the right one.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1580

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 12:44:12 PM

Probably too late for that. You've already expressed your intention and you've already been 'tagged' by Chris! (check your trust). This reduces the value of your account, as most signature campaign managers wouldn't accept newly bought accounts (they can't judge post quality knowing that posts were made by different person).

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
aleandromagno
Legendary

Activity: 1323
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 01:23:10 PM

Probably too late for that. You've already expressed your intention and you've already been 'tagged' by Chris! (check your trust). This reduces the value of your account, as most signature campaign managers wouldn't accept newly bought accounts (they can't judge post quality knowing that posts were made by different person).

heh Inetersting reaction.. I mean @Chris reaction.. How he can know that OP want to sell this account? He might as well have a few accounts ..

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀      
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████      
████████▌    
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████    
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 02:58:43 PM

Thanks
If you are planning to sell your bitcointalk account then you shoudn't because you are going to have red-trust and you can't remove the red trust if someone put your that well if you really want to know on how to sell an account just simple post a new topic on Auction or in Marketplace.
PhilPrime

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BlockChainBroker - The Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 03:04:35 PM

Thanks
If you are planning to sell your bitcointalk account then you shoudn't because you are going to have red-trust and you can't remove the red trust if someone put your that well if you really want to know on how to sell an account just simple post a new topic on Auction or in Marketplace.

I think his account is already sold to another user because it is recently changed his password. A senior member that don't know how to sell account is not convincing. He just bought it too.

@Op, you can PM me if i'm wrong with my accusation. Thanks

pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1580

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 03:30:27 PM

I think his account is already sold to another user because it is recently changed his password.
Likely so. Good spot. But maybe he just didn't want to share his primary email address and password with the escrow/buyer so changed it before selling.

A senior member that don't know how to sell account is not convincing. He just bought it too.

I don't see anything weird in senior not knowing much about account trading, and if he had just bought the account, he would know how to sell it (just reverse the action, do what the previous seller did).

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
tenk

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 04:08:53 PM

Also, you should not have posted or hinted people that you are selling that account. It will get tagged as the account being sold or that it has a history of encouraging account farming/sale and will get a neutral or negative trust on it. (I hope what you are posting with is not the account for sale).
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 06:47:15 PM

Thanks

If you want to sell your bitcoin talk account means just create a thread in digital goods section with price you expect for the account. People likely to have btctalk account pricer link to know your account's price estimate. This would provide more look to your thread and if you have account with the higher rank that go for best price.
aleandromagno
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 11:15:56 PM

Also, you should not have posted or hinted people that you are selling that account. It will get tagged as the account being sold or that it has a history of encouraging account farming/sale and will get a neutral or negative trust on it. (I hope what you are posting with is not the account for sale).

OP account is already tagged as "account for sale", but i'm not sure if it is legit tag.. How we can know if OP want sell this account? Maybe he want sell another one..

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀      
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████      
████████▌    
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████    
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 11:18:26 PM

OP account is already tagged as "account for sale", but i'm not sure if it is legit tag.. How we can know if OP want sell this account? Maybe he want sell another one..

Does it really matter? What useful benefit does selling an account give to the community? How constructive do you think a bought account's post quality is going to be? The only possible reason that someone would really want to buy an account for means that aren't related to spamming or scamming is to switch identities and drop their original alias - but there's only so many cases that should happen for that.

Either way, selling your account should not be okay. If it was collateral for a loan, then that's their problem: don't accept accounts as collateral.

aleandromagno
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 11:31:43 PM

Does it really matter? What useful benefit does selling an account give to the community? How constructive do you think a bought account's post quality is going to be? The only possible reason that someone would really want to buy an account for means that aren't related to spamming or scamming is to switch identities and drop their original alias - but there's only so many cases that should happen for that.

Either way, selling your account should not be okay. If it was collateral for a loan, then that's their problem: don't accept accounts as collateral.

I prefer situations in which people are judged on the basis of evidence, not only speculations. But i undestand what you want to say, and I support your opinion.

▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████