Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:11:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is Responsible for my Loss? (Poloniex Reputation)  (Read 780 times)
cunicula (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 10:34:10 AM

4 days ago , i made a deposit of LISK (2668) ~480$ at Poloniex, since then my deposit are not showing in my balance.
My thought was to do some arbitrage and make my share on Lisk strong by selling at high price and buying at dammn low prices.

I contacted the support via support ticket , 1 days they took in explaining me that please give your transaction ID , and other shit. Next day i nudged them and they told me that their wallet is under the maintenance. Today is the fourth day and still i am with no money in my account.

The stats about LISk.

I bought 2668 LISk @ 0.000277BTC which sums to be around 0.74BTC , and in four days the price of LISK has gone up 2 times and again gone down to 0.00026 two time.

If my Lisk would had with me , then i would had sold/ buy them accordingly and would had added value and appreciation in my Lisk share , but due to their problem i am out of all stuffs.

I would had sold my LISK @0.00033 btc , so total would be 0.88BTC , and again i would buy it @ 0.000277BTC and then my share would be 3178 , again sell @0.00033 1.048BTC.

So at last who is to be blamed for my loss of 0.3088BTC , i believe(1) it is Poloniex because at the time when i was depositing my lisk or when i was copying the deposit address then they should give a message there that lisk wallet is under maintenance , or at-lease they should add a twitter message on their respected twitter handler about the maintenance but they did nothing like this.

I have said my part , I would like to hear from you guys, Please dont give me shit like they are honest and trustworthy..i know all this, my question is who gonna compensate my loss that happened or is happening during the course of-their wallet maintenance. Keep in mind (1).

communication Logs:

http://s9.postimg.org/imt9ht4lb/Screenshot_2.png
http://s9.postimg.org/rj41lqv7j/Screenshot_6.png
http://s9.postimg.org/g81dxdocf/Screenshot_21.png
http://s9.postimg.org/4wyq90hhb/Screenshot_22.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gunthar

Activity: 1498
Merit: 614

Liable for what i say, not for what you understand

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 10:54:36 AM

I had same issue with GMC wallet last week. I was lucky enough to notice the "Temporarily disabled" sign on the right column of wallets list but yeah i hear you (and i complained on both trollbox and support ticket about it): not a fucking notice, tweet or anything else.

I am totally with you about their lack of communication but i guess you cant ask any missed gain refund as exchanges are not "wallets" and they all state in their TOS "we have the rights to disrupt our services without notice" or any other shit like that...
~Gun

EDIT: it took 5 days for GMC wallet to come online again.

▄██▀ ▄█████▄
     ▄██▀ ▄███▀ ▐███▄
   ▄██▀ ▄███▀    █████▄
 ▄██▀ ▄███▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄
██▀ ▄███▀    ▄██▀      ▀██▄
██ ███▀    ▄██▀    █▄    ███
██ ███    ███    ▄███    ███
██ ███▄    ▀███▄███▀     ███
██▄ ▀███▄    ▀███▀    ▄███▀
 ▀██▄ ▀███▄         ▄███▀
   ▀██▄ ▀███▄     ▄███▀
     ▀██▄ ▀███▄ ▄███▀
       ▀██▄ ▀█████▀
████
████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████
████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
         ▄█████▄ ▀██▄
       ▄███▀ ▐███▄ ▀██▄
     ▄███▀    █████▄ ▀██▄
   ▄███▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄ ▀██▄
 ▄███▀    ▄██▀      ▀██▄ ▀██
███▀    ▄██▀    █▄    ███ ██
███    ███    ▄███    ███ ██
███▄    ▀███▄███▀    ▄███ ██
 ▀███▄    ▀███▀    ▄███▀ ▄██
   ▀███▄         ▄███▀ ▄██▀
     ▀███▄     ▄███▀ ▄██▀
       ▀███▄ ▄███▀ ▄██▀
         ▀█████▀ ▄██▀
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 11:18:14 PM

Who is Responsible for my Loss?
you

/thread
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 12:02:35 AM

You are, you trusted them enough to send them your money.  It's either full trust or no trust.  You made that decision.
If lisk went up during the time it was "stuck", should you have paid poloniex your profit?  Since they were holding onto your coin, and you wouldn't have made an early sell.  What if it had went up to 0.0005 BTC in that time?

Also, your scenarios are like me saying that I COULD have purchased 1000 BTC at $1 AND sold at $1000.

Still an unfortunate event though, these things happen. :-/
mammabitcoin2u

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Don't follow the herd~make your own path

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 12:54:14 AM

4 days ago , i made a deposit of LISK (2668) ~480$ at Poloniex, since then my deposit are not showing in my balance.
My thought was to do some arbitrage and make my share on Lisk strong by selling at high price and buying at dammn low prices.

I contacted the support via support ticket , 1 days they took in explaining me that please give your transaction ID , and other shit. Next day i nudged them and they told me that their wallet is under the maintenance. Today is the fourth day and still i am with no money in my account.

The stats about LISk.

I bought 2668 LISk @ 0.000277BTC which sums to be around 0.74BTC , and in four days the price of LISK has gone up 2 times and again gone down to 0.00026 two time.

If my Lisk would had with me , then i would had sold/ buy them accordingly and would had added value and appreciation in my Lisk share , but due to their problem i am out of all stuffs.

I would had sold my LISK @0.00033 btc , so total would be 0.88BTC , and again i would buy it @ 0.000277BTC and then my share would be 3178 , again sell @0.00033 1.048BTC.

So at last who is to be blamed for my loss of 0.3088BTC , i believe(1) it is Poloniex because at the time when i was depositing my lisk or when i was copying the deposit address then they should give a message there that lisk wallet is under maintenance , or at-lease they should add a twitter message on their respected twitter handler about the maintenance but they did nothing like this.

I have said my part , I would like to hear from you guys, Please dont give me shit like they are honest and trustworthy..i know all this, my question is who gonna compensate my loss that happened or is happening during the course of-their wallet maintenance. Keep in mind (1).

communication Logs:

http://s9.postimg.org/imt9ht4lb/Screenshot_2.png
http://s9.postimg.org/rj41lqv7j/Screenshot_6.png
http://s9.postimg.org/g81dxdocf/Screenshot_21.png
http://s9.postimg.org/4wyq90hhb/Screenshot_22.png

Agree with others:  Your problem

It's your obligation to read their TOS.  I'm sure there is something in there wherein they are not held liable.

You did not have a loss.  You had a missed opportunity with "this" situation. 

Furthermore, you cannot predict the future.  Who's to say you would of bought/sold at those prices? After the fact is always easiest to see. I'm willing to bet, if it was tanking/taking a loss ~you wouldn't be so upset.

Lastly, "don't give me shit" cuz you asked for people's opinions.

~Be Wise & Scrutinize Everything~~Scammers are like roaches squash 1 there's millions more hiding~I will NEVER ask for a loan~I got plenty of my own ~ BIGGEST lie to date said about me: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2046485.msg20429473#new
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 01:38:45 AM

I had a vaguely similar situation, not in crypto but in fiat, when trading derivatives.
The platform froze for some minutes due to their tech problem/overload and I was unable to close a position in profit.
I got on their ass and they compensated me the difference, with no acceptance of liability, an ex gratia payment.
This was a large public company tho, not a half assed probably going to disappear soon dynamic crypto exchange.

Tl dr: they have no obligation to you what so ever.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
Gunthar

Activity: 1498
Merit: 614

Liable for what i say, not for what you understand

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 05:37:56 AM

I had a vaguely similar situation, not in crypto but in fiat, when trading derivatives.
You remind me of something that happened some years ago: i lost 20k usd in 9 minutes when twin towers went down...sighs

▄██▀ ▄█████▄
     ▄██▀ ▄███▀ ▐███▄
   ▄██▀ ▄███▀    █████▄
 ▄██▀ ▄███▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄
██▀ ▄███▀    ▄██▀      ▀██▄
██ ███▀    ▄██▀    █▄    ███
██ ███    ███    ▄███    ███
██ ███▄    ▀███▄███▀     ███
██▄ ▀███▄    ▀███▀    ▄███▀
 ▀██▄ ▀███▄         ▄███▀
   ▀██▄ ▀███▄     ▄███▀
     ▀██▄ ▀███▄ ▄███▀
       ▀██▄ ▀█████▀
████
████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████
████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
         ▄█████▄ ▀██▄
       ▄███▀ ▐███▄ ▀██▄
     ▄███▀    █████▄ ▀██▄
   ▄███▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄ ▀██▄
 ▄███▀    ▄██▀      ▀██▄ ▀██
███▀    ▄██▀    █▄    ███ ██
███    ███    ▄███    ███ ██
███▄    ▀███▄███▀    ▄███ ██
 ▀███▄    ▀███▀    ▄███▀ ▄██
   ▀███▄         ▄███▀ ▄██▀
     ▀███▄     ▄███▀ ▄██▀
       ▀███▄ ▄███▀ ▄██▀
         ▀█████▀ ▄██▀
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 05:45:26 AM

From my point of view, I would say although Poloniex owe you the duty to inform you of any maintenance they are doing so you decide accordingly if you want to go ahead or not with the transfer and in that sense they should be responsible but the issue is that they are not. Why because something tells me and if you takeyour ttime to look at the Terms there will be a particular session that will absolve them of that liability because the coins is still "in transit" which is yet to get to them and could spin to several other reasons why it did not.
buxlover

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 07:24:57 AM

You cannot blame others for the price fluctuation, what if the rate dropped to 0.0001 or something lower and stayed there while waiting for your confirmation. Will you refund the loss to Poloniex, I don't think so.

So the same applies when vice versa happens, Which in case happened for you. As far as the delay i blame Poloniex  for not informing or displaying a notification regarding the maintenance, but nothing else we can do about it since their TOS is clear on this issue. So its your decision now to continue on the exchange or choose other one which has a better support system.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: