Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:13:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 20 calls a day from large asset managers looking to invest up to $100m.  (Read 10411 times)
solex (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:53:47 PM

Financial Times is reporting:

"Exante predicted that public and media interest would take off when Bitcoins were trading at $100. Managing partner Gatis Eglitis claims they are now getting 20 calls a day from large asset managers looking to invest up to $100m."

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b4be7d8e-9c73-11e2-9a4b-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz2PRJpnZqI

Hope mtgox solves its ddos attacks first.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:03:54 PM

what did you expect?
solex (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:11:27 PM

what did you expect?

I kind of expected this, because I know that even skeptics will come to appreciate how brilliant Bitcoin is when they bother to learn in detail about it.

wopwop

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:16:11 PM

what did you expect?

I kind of expected this, because I know that even skeptics will come to appreciate how brilliant Bitcoin is when they bother to learn in detail about it.

personally I'm starting to doubt bitcoin abit because it requires someone to pay for Energy forever and in increasing amounts to keep it alive
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:17:14 PM

what did you expect?

personally I'm starting to doubt bitcoin abit because it requires someone to pay for Energy forever and in increasing amounts to keep it alive

Is there another currency that doesn't?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:18:05 PM

what did you expect?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rai_stones

Brushan

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:19:16 PM

Also, a currency without  a high level of inflation would do wonders for the enviroment and global warming if accepted globally.
wopwop

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:19:30 PM

what did you expect?

USD doesnt need a permanent inflow of ever increasing Energy to keep it's perceived value alive
Gordonium

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:19:48 PM

Big money finally waking up little by little. Now it is time to buy as fast as possible.
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:20:15 PM

Heading to $150. Smiley

(BFL)^2 < 0
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:20:31 PM

what did you expect?

USD doesnt need a permanent inflow of ever increasing Energy to keep it's perceived value alive

Yes it does, but that energy is exerted in the form of military spending. "How dare you say our money isn't worth anything! Die!"

wopwop

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:21:36 PM

what did you expect?

Yes it does, but that energy is exerted in the form of military spending. "How dare you say our money isn't worth anything! Die!"

lol*
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 10:24:25 PM

It only needs just a bit more energy than that which would be able to attack it.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
wopwop

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:26:28 PM

It only needs just a bit more energy than that which would be able to attack it.
My comment has nothing to do with attacking it

I'm saying is that Energy must be input into the Bitcoin system at all times (and in ever-increasing as it grows because people can make a profit mining).

Because of this, someone must pay (Energy, or USD to pay for Energy) this somehow, just to keep Bitcoin blockchain viable

I'm just wondering who's gonna pay for it

Online USD banking doesn't have an Energy sink like Bitcoin does (neither does as any other form of centralized online currency based on whatever)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:30:28 PM

Financial Times is reporting:

"Exante predicted that public and media interest would take off when Bitcoins were trading at $100. Managing partner Gatis Eglitis claims they are now getting 20 calls a day from large asset managers looking to invest up to $100m."

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b4be7d8e-9c73-11e2-9a4b-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz2PRJpnZqI

Hope mtgox solves its ddos attacks first.

Good grief.

20 x $5M (nice sounding average?) x 22 (working days in a month) = $2.2 BILLION looking to make its way into the BTC market per MONTH!

$2.2B x 12 = $26.4B

At $90 (ish), we're at a $1B market cap.

Prepare for 1 BTC = $2,376.00 within 12 months.  And this is just with current demand - as the price continues to rise, more and more asset managers with even larger balances will be calling and requesting to invest in BTC.  $2,376 is just the bottom end.  O.O
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:32:12 PM

what did you expect?
I don't know about that, those presses are running non-stop, that shit has to be hauled around every day. Banks are converting it to 1s and 0s, then sending that back and forth until they magically have MORE 1s and 0s. Credit card companies are pumping out plastic, mailing them all over, paper transaction records are printed for EVERYONE, every month, and then *those* have to be hauled over the place. The government has to constantly find something to buy to inject money back into the system, be that toxic assets, or funding the "war on terror" which is also a huge waste of resources, etc. etc.

Meanwhile, BTC are created, transferred and maintained all under the same network. As technology advances, the network uses VASTLY less power (relative to work) CPU>GPU>ASIC, and in the future, services emerge which enable users to send bitcoins to each other without a network transaction ever taking place (think of an exchange or payment processor simply changing the balance of two user's accounts, no coins need to move until someone requests payouts).
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 10:33:01 PM

My comment has nothing to do with attacking it

I'm saying is that Energy must be input into the Bitcoin system at all times (and in ever-increasing as it grows because people can make a profit mining).

Because of this, someone must pay (Energy, or USD to pay for Energy) this somehow, just to keep Bitcoin blockchain viable

I'm just wondering who's gonna pay for it

Online USD banking doesn't have an Energy sink like Bitcoin does (neither does as any other form of centralized online currency based on whatever)

Thousands of mesh solar mining rigs placed all over the country will become commonplace.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:33:50 PM

Big money finally waking up little by little. Now it is time to buy as fast as possible.

It's always been the time to buy as fast as possible

wopwop

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:34:31 PM

what did you expect?
I don't know about that, those presses are running non-stop, that shit has to be hauled around every day. Banks are converting it to 1s and 0s, then sending that back and forth until they magically have MORE 1s and 0s. Credit card companies are pumping out plastic, mailing them all over, paper transaction records are printed for EVERYONE, every month, and then *those* have to be hauled over the place. The government has to constantly find something to buy to inject money back into the system, be that toxic assets, or funding the "war on terror" which is also a huge waste of resources, etc. etc.

Meanwhile, BTC are created, transferred and maintained all under the same network. As technology advances, the network uses VASTLY less power (relative to work) CPU>GPU>ASIC, and in the future, services emerge which enable users to send bitcoins to each other without a network transaction ever taking place (think of an exchange or payment processor simply changing the balance of two user's accounts, no coins need to move until someone requests payouts).

most USD is created on a bank and is nothing more than a number on a database

now I hope I don't have to explain to you that costs near-zero energy to keepup

BTW Asics are actually going to make the Energy sink of Bitcoin higher, not lower
but keep saying yourself otherwise

also, a payment processor like PayPal for bitcoin defeats the core purpose of bitcoin and will kill it completely
flaab

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 10:36:29 PM

If 150 is broken to the upside, prepare yourselves for a very very wild ride. It is already vertical.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: