Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:49:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Upcoming ICO's we should analyze?  (Read 2261 times)
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 12:46:03 PM

With the amount of money being generated by the launch of Zcash,
we will certainly see a new wave of coins being developed.
Prepare for a bubble not seen since the dot com days of the early internet.

Personally, I'm going to stay away from any ICO for a while.
(And probably alt-coins in general, unless someone can show me a project that really has something special to offer.)

MHopkins

Activity: 95
Merit: 45

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 01:33:18 PM

Even though there's allot scepticism in new ICO's, but i always keeping my eye on new cryptocurrencies.......

Any new ICO's must be game changers and exquisite disrupters for one or more industries.

Any fork or clone ICO's are now done and finished and unless it is an incredibly well regarded team are to be avoided at all costs. That's not to say that any previous fork/clone ICOs are not worthy of attention.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 04:25:40 PM

(And probably alt-coins in general, unless someone can show me a project that really has something special to offer.)

I like that stance. You set a high bar but not entirely close-minded. Good.

Any new ICO's must be game changers and exquisite disrupters for one or more industries.

Any fork or clone ICO's are now done and finished and unless it is an incredibly well regarded team are to be avoided at all costs. That's not to say that any previous fork/clone ICOs are not worthy of attention.

That also seems about roughly my approach as well.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 02:29:02 AM

Wrong.. you do what gives you profit.

Just like how mined coin cloning reached a fever pitch you all unanimously supported & defended them..
As soon as it became far less profitable you all started riding my coat-tails mimicking what i say.
If cloning becomes profitable again you will all dive right back on them again in a heart beat.

You are 100% predictable people.. no matter how fucking smart you think you are.

PS:
I predicted a moral shift in the scene too as Summer ended and looky looky kidiots.. Spoetnik is right as always  Cool

Yes i am the smart one here.

FUD first & ask questions later™
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 02:42:10 AM

I wonder how many more ICOs can be squeezed before returns are negative.
iamnotback

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 02:55:05 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2016, 04:36:39 AM by iamnotback

Yes i am the smart one here.

Most readers here are interested in one or both of:

• profit
  • achieving decentralization

What do you see as your motivation here?

I've seen you write basically communist statements stating that there is no way developers deserve to earn $millions, and they should improve technology with a ROI of 0 or some peanuts. As the good Marxist that you appear to be, you do not seem to understand that nature relies on competition for fitness. Everyone has an opportunity-cost, and if they give up their production for no return, then they defy their evolutionary strategy. We men are competing for vaginas and other things for example. Someone might prefer to develop technology not for monetary gain, but for a reputation gain (or both!).

Btw, I agree that most ICOs appear to be about taking the money and not about actually developing anything realistic. I have not disagreed on that point. But that doesn't mean that I will do that. You have to wait until I do, then accuse me. Not before.

Now for example if I ever launch a project and make a $million in profit, but also create a huge $billions ecosystem and a realistic technology, then you will still complain that I took 1% of the ecosystem for my efforts? Because as a good Marxist you think I only need $10,000 a year to survive on, so why should I get a $million.

I suggest you move to Venezuela or Belarus.

About gambling and profit:

Sounds just like gambling to me. Whether people have a better chance to make money in this game or the lottery is unclear.

Why did nature make the thrill of crush, so that we cheat on our wives. Yet then your new crush demands you call her 5X per day and make babies. Was it any better than where you started?

The introduction of chance is absolutely essential to existence of possibilities.

It isn't our decision to make whether or not gamblers would be better off in some other way. There is nothing that top-down control can't destroy.

Do they really need a reason? ICOs are hot now. Investors want to buy, so people will come up with something to sell.

Imo, NXT needs to be relaunched back from the original genesis block and start fresh.

Or just move on to something else. There is no shortage of alternatives.

Jealous adult men creating strawman squabbles over who can create a better gambling product for the market that wants to gamble.

Buy low, sell high, and ignore the "holier than thou" pathetic, useless whining. Legality is the problem of the issuers and possibly the promoters, not of the speculators.

Compete or lose. Ask the Oklahoma Thunder how that works. I like to see any of these whiners in this thread whining on a basketball court about playing fair while getting repeatedly dunked on and ignored by the opposing team that is fast breaking obliterating them while the losers stand still pleading their futile case.

I bet these whiners resemble this 30-something guy who can't even jumper higher than a shorter, chronically ill, muscle atrophied, 51 year old guy who hadn't been able to train his autoimmunity weakened legs.

All of us know that none of these altcoins have any relevance outside this tiny gambling ecosystem. We'll also know it if ever there exists something of greater relevance, because its million users adoption will exist not as a promise, hope, nor vaporware.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 03:27:32 AM

My motivation ?

A
L
T
E
R
N
A
T
I
V
E

C
U
R
R
E
N
C
I
E
S

Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Altcoin Discussion

See that link ?
Does it say dumping ground for 7,000+ "scheme" coinz fer teh profitz ?

I am not here to defend showing up to profit off of ICO scheme coins etc.

PS:
Spare me the cliched decentralization rabble..
None of these guys give two shits about that either
Since the end of 2013 you have all collectively been on a mission to make all of crypto MORE centralized.
How do i know ?
ICO's
A step in reverse making them more centralized.
Or..
Exchanges and all of you handing over your ID which is then fed to the govt.
Which apparently does not bother any of you at all what so ever.

All you guys do is defend your profiteering with moronic cliched dipshit rhetoric 24/7
While ACTING like hypocrites.

..say one thing then do another.

Like chanting FREE MARKET (so you can profit from shit coins) then.. you all chant call the cops ROFL
or..
Like you Shelby.. MR ICO's are bad.. but you know.. well.. i might make one. ROFL  Cheesy

I started here before this place was flooded with profiteer morons.. you GTFO.
This is my crypto scene and i want supporters not greedy dipshits rubbing nickels together with shitcoins.

What are you doing here ? YOU SAID YOU WERE LEAVING.

iamnotback

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 03:59:01 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2016, 04:55:49 AM by iamnotback

Spare me the cliched decentralization rabble..
None of these guys give two shits about that either
Since the end of 2013 you have all collectively been on a mission to make all of crypto MORE centralized.
How do i know ?
ICO's
A step in reverse making them more centralized.

Be careful with throwing out the baby with the dirty bathwater.

Currency is always distributed according to the power-law distribution1, regardless of the methodology which you use to distribute it (e.g. mining versus sales).

Decentralization can be orthogonal to distribution of the money supply, at least when not using proof-of-stake. I think you should stop trying to implicitly make an erroneous technical argument (even you may not realize that you are), when you are clearly ignorant of the various degrees-of-freedom in the design of a consensus token system:

What is not earned is not appreciated.  This is why proof of stake is fundamentally broken.  It attempts to create something for nothing.

An ICO is a transfer of real value and is applicable to PoS.

It is incorrect to conflate the consensus algorithm with the token distribution algorithm, as they are separate concerns.

Your intentions are to warn readers about that most ICOs are about taking the money and not producing realistic alternative currencies. I agree. But you reach too far when you conflate your incorrect understanding of the technology, and claim that an ICO is incompatible with decentralization of consensus of the blockchain (anymore so than Bitcoin and fiat and gold are also centralized!). Hypocrite. Decentralization is a very difficult nut to crack2. I at least have a technical idea for how to accomplish what even Satoshi did not!

So don't throw me (the baby) out! You dumb ass.

1 A. Dragulescu and V. Yakovenko. Exponential and power-law probability distributions of wealth and income in the United Kingdom and the United States.

2https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1183043.msg13818755#msg13818755
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1319681.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1549494.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1526067.0
iamnotback

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 05:13:36 AM

Spoetnik, now you are going to learn something new:

Re: All crypto with an IPO/ICO is trash - no exceptions.  Just launch fairly.

PoW is superior, but even more superior if it is being mined by the users and not by those who (HODL or) dump their coins to those few in the powerlaw distribution of wealthy who want to stack (HODL) coins.

The only valid role of crypto currency is not as a "better gold" (such a concept is oxymoronic, because gold is as evil as fiat ... ask me to teach you!) but not as a store-of-value rather as a more degrees-of-freedom unit-of-exchange.

PoW ends up as a power-law distribution also:

Currency is always distributed according to the power-law distribution1, regardless of the methodology which you use to distribute it (e.g. mining versus sales).

1 A. Dragulescu and V. Yakovenko. Exponential and power-law probability distributions of wealth and income in the United Kingdom and the United States.

The problem with an ICO is that it is not a free-market competition, because the issuer has an asymmetric advantage because he/she can buy tokens from him/herself at 0 cost. @smooth was the one who pointed this out to me, which I then regurgitated:

1.No ICOs: ICOs enable insiders to buy from themselves, creating a non-free market distribution of the money supply, thus manipulating all the market parameters and effects creating a controlled, non-free market.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1524111.msg15340159#msg15340159
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1413819.msg15343686#msg15343686

The controlled, non-free market result applies to the exchange price manipulation (and ecosystem investment) because the money supply is more concentrated than a typical power-law distribution, i.e. there are too few whales competing with (and distrusting) each other. But note this does not require necessarily that the consensus system is centralized.

It is a shame because PoW is unable to transfer any of the investment capital (of those competing to mine the money supply) to the developers. Rather it is expended on electricity and hardware rental.

However, there is another option. And that is to distribute the bulk of the money supply by some other objective means (other than PoW, or even by PoW) and only ICO a small enough portion that it can't become a concentrated control. Bingo!

@smooth is your mouth agape?  Shocked
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 09:10:30 AM

Sometimes YOU SHOULD throw out the baby with the bath water.

I warned you guys Regulations were coming LOUDLY and you all lined up in the thousands to shoot your little mouths off at me..

Then we seen meetings on this on BTC in New York brewing a couple years back..
I said we should embrace it.
I said we should have a say in how it's crafted so it's how we want to it to work etc.
I said it's coming whether you like it or not.

Want me to go back through my account history and show you all the retard comments you all collectively threw at me ?

You all said "They can't" then proceeded to insult me.

Guess what ..you are going to learn something.

I was right !

Proof ? Where do i even start ?
Well, let's look at the exchanges which is the central point of all of Crypto.
..taking ALL your personal info and trade history and picture ID etc
and........ handing it to the fucking US government ........ along with Github.

What the fuck did you just say to me ? Decentralization ?
Oh that is rich LOL .. gimme a fucking break  Cheesy

Your response was not to say ohh shit Spoentik was right *again*
Your response was to say ohhhhhh well we should just make 40 ANON shitcoins now...
Which are of course traded on the same govt controlled picture ID taking exchanges and yet still hosted on Githib and now even worse "Azure" etc.. and THIS site.

Ohhhhh yeah dumb fucks you RREEEEEEEEEEALLLY are making this oooooooohhhhhh so fucking decentralized.

..go make a scammy ass fucking ICO about it.. maybe buy a $45,000.00 paint job for it too dumb fucks. ROFL

iamnotback

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 01:07:53 PM

Spoetnik, now you are going to learn something new:

I expected too much.
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 06:26:23 AM

back on topic.  ARK, it's going to be the best project of 2017.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1649695.0
iamnotback

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 07:56:08 AM

back on topic.  ARK, it's going to be the best project of 2017.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1649695.0

Okay this is the first serious Steem clone. And this is a serious competitor to the project I am working on.

But I see they've already made the critical error of choosing voting as the reward and onboarding paradigm. Thus I am not worried. I will defeat this project.

Thanks for the competition. This lights a fire under my butt.

They have a significantly diverse team. But if you study carefully, they don't have many top 1000 programmers, maybe not any of those guys. That doesn't mean they can't produce something good. Looks like they have some technical progress.

But there aren't so many Satoshis in this world.

This is good competition for me. Thanks.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 10:24:19 AM

I lit your ass up hard and when i hit submit the page did not load for 8 hours.
Shelby you were saved by haxors LOL
(DDOS claims on Twitter)

I may re-post it all again later.. after all you are full of shit and a hypocrite spewing nonsense.
You got a reprieve for now son.

iamnotback

View Profile
October 31, 2016, 01:08:14 PM

Anyone who refers to someone by a name other than their username on Bitcointalk, is extremely disrespectful to the etiquette of crypto.

If you are going to DOXX someone, then sign it with your legal name.

The lowlife sleezeball tactics are apparent to everyone.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: