Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:41:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Precious metals are not useful in a collapse scenario!  (Read 13359 times)
iamnotback (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 03:25:34 PM

Gold will never go out of fashion, and will be regarded as valuable always.

Incorrect. See my prior post for why. Again idiots won't agree, and that is because they are idiots.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pepethefrog

Activity: 120
Merit: 13

Pepe is NOT a hate symbol

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 03:43:55 PM

Incorrect. See my prior post for why. Again idiots won't agree, and that is because they are idiots.

Gold has been considered valuable for thousands of years.

Many different civilization all came to the same conclusion, that gold is special, and they did so isolated from each other in space and time.

Sorry, but your "opinion" can't really match history.

Bipcoin: bip1W2nq2vhM4f6kaHSsVD5J1LdRb1M3mCqftwq6erpEeKzsj8Kjrxy5xUs9VAtF233nNzcMQN2ZQfJ fvi2WensZ5tGJv2ysY8
Pepe is NOT a hate symbol.
freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2017, 05:04:21 PM

Many different civilization all came to the same conclusion, that gold is special, and they did so isolated from each other in space and time.

Please don't mind this clown. He is fun to poke with a stick from time to time, and he runs around for years with his unmatched coin idea bashing everything else under the sun, but his coin is vaporware of course and will stay vaporware. It's amazing some people still read and believe the BS he writes. Ignorants will be always tricked by charlatans like his kind.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
grenade launcher

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 05:09:00 PM

Gold was considered a valuable commodity in the old days. I think that this is due to the fact that it is practically not oxidized. Now the achievements of chemistry are such that it is not the main advantage. Then what is the value of gold?
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 06:20:06 PM

Gold was considered a valuable commodity in the old days. I think that this is due to the fact that it is practically not oxidized. Now the achievements of chemistry are such that it is not the main advantage. Then what is the value of gold?

The value of gold is that someone will give you around $1180 for an ounce.

---

It is interesting that the charges leveled against Au apply even better against Bitcoin.  Bitcoin was a first-cut at a crypto-currency, and through various lessons learned much better implementations in it's class and a lot less baggage can and probably do exist.

The value of Bitcoin is that someone will give you around $904 for one.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 06:31:59 PM

The Truth About the Economy is Terrifying

Former U.S. Presidential candidate & 22-year Congressman predicts the next huge disaster
for America—worse than 2008, Black Monday and Great Depression—and reveals for the
first time ever, the #1 step you should take to protect yourself, your family and your

An Exclusive With Ron Paul The Truth About the Economy is Terrifying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu4fOWsYgIY

Or, watch the video at http://ronpaulwarning.com/?cid=MKT147626&eid=MKT306012&pag=oreilly&utm_content=170926576921&utm_term=wearechange.org&gclid=CICRyI6ZuNECFYW4wAodrxIB1w.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
DD-Lex

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 06:37:34 PM

---

It is interesting that the charges leveled against Au apply even better against Bitcoin.  Bitcoin was a first-cut at a crypto-currency, and through various lessons learned much better implementations in it's class and a lot less baggage can and probably do exist.

Bitcoin can't even compete with the dollar. He will compete with gold? As for the growth of bitcoin prices I want to remind you that recently the price of gold was down $ 33 per ounce. I think that is speculation.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 07:43:44 PM

---

It is interesting that the charges leveled against Au apply even better against Bitcoin.  Bitcoin was a first-cut at a crypto-currency, and through various lessons learned much better implementations in it's class and a lot less baggage can and probably do exist.

Bitcoin can't even compete with the dollar. He will compete with gold? As for the growth of bitcoin prices I want to remind you that recently the price of gold was down $ 33 per ounce. I think that is speculation.

When the value of the dollar drops enough that one bitcoin is worth $5,000 or $10,000, Then Bitcoin will have the attention of everyone. Ron Paul suggests that the dollar drop in value is coming soon. It will fall fast when it does. Gradually buy both gold and Bitcoin... a little here and a little there.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
iamnotback (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 05:12:14 AM

Keep in mind that the collapse of a financial system has historically unfolded to different degrees. If we are talking about a Dark Age, then you are into the Mad Max situation. Then the only thing that has value is food – not even gold. That was the fall of Rome. People effectively sold themselves as serfs to work the land, retain 20% of the crop in return for protection behind the castle walls. Medieval coinage really appears only in silver and are rarely found more than 20 to 30 miles from where the coins were struck. This illustrated the isolation  of city states. Money was not really necessary for there was really no major trade interacting within Europe – hence the Dark Age.
In order for tangible assets like stocks, gold, art, antiquities, etc. to survive, the fundamental infrastructure must survive. That means there must be ample food for gold to have any value whatsoever. So you must stop short of the Mad Max event for anything tangible to have a safe haven value.

Therefore, if we are only talking about a reset of the world financial system, then tangible assets retain value that becomes translated into the new currency. Hence, equities will survive, government debt and currency will not. Only going all the way to a Mad Max event would everything lose value except food. Not even gold survives for trade comes to an end.

The civil unrest we have beginning today post-Trump is intended to overthrow Trump and Obama has remained in Washington, which NO PRESIDENT has ever done. We have Soros licking his lips on the prospect to altering the USA with his vision of Marxism. We have the same trend emerging in France, Britain, and Netherlands and of course Italy, Spain and Greece.
So we have some actors intent upon creating change that would subjugate all of us because they think Marx was correct after all. Their desire is to live vicariously off of other people’s money and they do not accept that anyone should have things they do not. We have students protesting because they think everything should just be free. Hence, this is a battle shaping up for the future; the final conflict over Marxism, which began with the fall of Communism in 1989. This final battle began 26 years from 1989.95.

My response is that open source is destroying the need for the nation-state. Open source is a paradigm shift which creates an Inverse Commons which does not suffer the Tragedy of the Commons prisoner's dilemma...

So into Stage #5 we go, and cull all this useless dead weight left over from the Industrial Age.

The nation-state was necessary for aggregating capital for the Industrial Age, but it has lost is reason to exist. And btw, this is why when Armstrong mentioned the USA would break up, it immediately seemed plausible to me.

Because I have been explaining we are moving from the Industrial (fixed capital) Age to the Knowledge Age where individuals will own their productive capacity and can't be bought with financial capital.

Thus the nation-state concept has peaked. The globalists are consolidating power now to try to fend off the Knowledge Age, but they will fail (although they will succeed to enslave those who don't transition and remain dependent on the one world reserve currency and governments).

The individual is rising. Government is dying, and as it last hurrah it will descend into one world government which in fact already exists de facto as the DEEP STATE.

Quote from: Armstrong
Eventually, they will create a new currency, default on the obligations, and we get a reset. This is where tangible assets come in. ALL ASSETS survive such a rest PROVIDED there is no war that results in the destruction of the infrastructure as we saw after World War II.

All tangible assets will be confiscated or end up illiquid. No exceptions. Stored capital is dying. We are leaving the Industrial Age wherein fixed capital was necessary. You are missing the entire trend. You are only looking at the highly VISIBLE symptoms and Bureaucrats and not looking deeper.

These comments make it painfully obvious that Armstrong does not
understand the global trend underway with the transition from the
Industrial (fixed capital) Age to individual ownership of one's productive
capital in the Knowledge Age. For details on that trend, refer to my prior
writings upthread. Specifically knowledge workers today can produce and
distribute their own work individually without relying on the Theory of
the Firm and finance. The 3D printer is yet another example of this trend
underway.

He is framing the issue with the wrong perspective, thus he entirely
misses the point and thus the correct conclusion.

Crypto-currency doesn't need the entire world's confidence and acceptance.
The sovereign Knowledge Age workers are adopting it...

The rest of humanity will descend into enslavement in a one world reserve
currency and a de facto DEEP STATE that runs the dying fixed capital age
and the concept of the nation-state which raison d'etre was the politics
of finance.

See the one world outcome is the death star of collectivism. Again I refer
him to my seminal article on the Rise of Knowledge:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=355212.0

Focus on the "Rise of Knowledge" essay and understand why savings must
decay otherwise knowledge doesn't advance.

I expounded on a later blog:

http://unheresy.com/Information%20Is%20Alive.html#Thought_Isn%27t_Fungible

Armstrong is stuck in an anarchic idea of government and finance. He is
blinded to the decentralized rise of the sovereign individual in the
Knowledge Age. Thus to his hammer everything looks like a nail. He can
only see everything in terms of government. He can't see the true
revolution going on which government can't do a damn thing to stop.

Let them try to turn off the electricity. Watch how fast the Knowledge Age
workers engineer a solution that bypasses their grid.

Checkmate for the Industrial Age, nation-states, and voting. Those are the
dinosaurs.

When will Armstrong have the epiphany and realize what time it really is?

His model is screaming that I am correct. Yet he is blinded by his old age
and ingrained thought patterns and experience as a hedge fund manager.

Rising taxes is the stage where the nation-states self-destruct, as
planned. To usher in the power vacuum (chaos and misery) that gives rise
to an international discipline and solution circa 2032.
youdamushi

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 09:48:49 AM

You're assuming that we will stay in a digital world.
Now it's not that I want to shatter your dreams, but there is no proof that it will be the case.
Digital area relies heavily on rare metals and ressources. What will happen when we finish the reserves we have? Well some say that "technology should find a way" yeah maybe.
Maybe.

And gold IS useful in an economy simply because it's a natural inflator. Gold amount raises by 1% every year on average, that's a good way to keep inflation under natural control.

PARADICE.io

youdamushi

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 09:50:25 AM

Ah, I forgot that's iamnotblack talking...
The guy with those AMAZING sources consisting in blog articles written by people not known by anyone and without any data.
Surely if you're alone saying something and everyone is saying the contrary with proofs it must be because they're the idiots while you're right ^^

PARADICE.io

dirokkl

Activity: 235

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 11:36:42 AM

Now it's not that I want to shatter your dreams, but there is no proof that it will be the case.
Digital area relies heavily on rare metals and ressources. What will happen when we finish the reserves we have? Well some say that "technology should find a way" yeah maybe.
Maybe.

And gold IS useful in an economy simply because it's a natural inflator. Gold amount raises by 1% every year on average, that's a good way to keep inflation under natural control.
Gold is not able to deal with inflation. On the contrary the higher the demand for gold the more inflation. The gold is used in industry but in small quantities. I think it is more an object of speculation than a method of fighting inflation.
youdamushi

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 12:46:33 PM

Maybe.

Gold is not able to deal with inflation. On the contrary the higher the demand for gold the more inflation. The gold is used in industry but in small quantities. I think it is more an object of speculation than a method of fighting inflation.
What?
No you didn't understand correctly!
Gold power is that it has a natural inflation of 1% which means the total stock of gold increases by 1% per year!
It means that any currency based on gold will have a controled inflation, you understand?

PARADICE.io

pseexh

Activity: 301

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 12:51:19 PM

Maybe.

What?
No you didn't understand correctly!
Gold power is that it has a natural inflation of 1% which means the total stock of gold increases by 1% per year!
It means that any currency based on gold will have a controled inflation, you understand?
Increasing gold reserves can't last indefinitely. The amount of the metal is in any case limited. Currency can print to infinity. When the amount of currency was linked to the amount of gold the economy was more stable.
iamnotback (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 01:03:40 AM

Surely if you're alone saying something and everyone is saying the contrary with proofs it must be because they're the idiots while you're right ^^

You'll never figure out why I am nearly always correct in my predictions (and you will even go misinterpret and misrepresent my predictions to convince yourself I wasn't correct):

This rally since 2009 has been the most BEARISH rally ever in history. Think of this like the mirror image of gold. Gold has declined for 5 years and you have people screaming here we go with ever $20 rally. In the stock market, it has been exactly the opposite. Every time the market decline, they say here we go it will crash by 70-90%.

This is what I mean that the MAJORITY must always be wrong for they are the fuel that moves markets. I have been stating persistently that the Dow cannot “C R A S H” when the majority are bearish and retail participation is at historic lows (see Gallup poll).
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 12:26:00 PM

Gold is a bubble which may at any moment burst. I'm not buying gold right now and do not advise others. The price will fall.
The price of mental may not fell for now as there many indicators pointing a positive sign. May advice for assets traders is buying when the assets is high and sell when it is low. For gold will always push high general pull back slowly not like others commodities and fiat and even bitcoin. Silver as also doing well now.
youdamushi

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 12:55:40 PM

You'll never figure out why I am nearly always correct in my predictions (and you will even go misinterpret and misrepresent my predictions to convince yourself I wasn't correct):

This rally since 2009 has been the most BEARISH rally ever in history. Think of this like the mirror image of gold. Gold has declined for 5 years and you have people screaming here we go with ever $20 rally. In the stock market, it has been exactly the opposite. Every time the market decline, they say here we go it will crash by 70-90%.

This is what I mean that the MAJORITY must always be wrong for they are the fuel that moves markets. I have been stating persistently that the Dow cannot “C R A S H” when the majority are bearish and retail participation is at historic lows (see Gallup poll).

Wahou, such proof, much wow, lots evidence, woof

PARADICE.io

iamnotback (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 11:04:58 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2017, 08:01:37 AM by iamnotback

Wahou, such proof, much wow, lots evidence, woof

The proof is in my 19,000 posts. Have fun finding all the predictions and correct outcomes. There are even summary posts of my predictions in there.

Here is one example for you from 2011 where I was correct and FOFOA was incorrect:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1665943.msg16921750#msg16921750

Advising selling gold at $1362 and buying Bitcoin in the $600s right before the crash of gold to $1100s and liftoff of Bitcoin to $1100:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1665943.msg17172859#msg17172859

How did the Petri dish point from 2011 play out w.r.t. to the EU (another old post of mine) when everyone at the time was saying it would breakup at that time:

Another summary of correct predictions:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495527.msg16593330#msg16593330

I predicted the smartphone:

Just saying I predicted the iPhone (and Bitcoin) two (and three) years before it happened (note after this email I was evaluating the PDAs such as Nokia 770):

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Elaboration of why u will need a wireless handheld computer,      and also an apology
Date:    Tue, November 15, 2005 1:45 pm
To:      "TonyT" <aturrisi@cox.net>
Cc:      "Mom" <jennie@nas.com>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advising to buy Monero before its meteoric liftoff:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082909.msg17297450#msg17297450

Correct predictions relating my intepretation of Martin Armstrong's body of work:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=365141.msg17637578#msg17637578
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=365141.msg17635613#msg17635613

My prediction of Trump's victory and even correctly predicting why he would win:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495527.msg17635513#msg17635513

Predicted that China was just shaking the trees and successfully called the bottom of the pullback just below $800 before it rocketed back up:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1663070.msg17515102#msg17515102

Predicted the pullback from the $1100 - $1200 range and other past predictions of Bitcoin price:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082909.msg17492820#msg17492820

And here was my one significant mistaken "prediction" (although it was always a conditioned statement as explained in the following linked post):

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1387214.msg17295635#msg17295635
iamnotback (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 11:52:43 PM

I've read through the PM's & Collapse thread...

But iamnotback makes some great points, namely:

during ww2 gold was used because it already the backbone of the system, unlike now.

as long as infrastructure survives (indicating a financial system collapse) the internet & the speed at which solutions can be engineered outside of governmental avenues. and crypto is blooming, could soon be as ubiquitous as mobile phones. if crypto overcomes onramping obstacles it could serve as the path of least resistance ie stored & sent via mobile phones.

that a total financial system collapse could shove us into a dark age of food shortages (4 meal theory) and need for weapons. in isolated or war torn areas, are PM's more viable than food or ammo.

And incorporate the creative destruction aspect of Stage #5.

So clearly we see what is being created is the antithesis of the NWO, i.e. the decentralized society that is rising to become Stage #6.

This is why the goldbugs are entirely wrong. The NWO is going to take Universal Surveillance control over the tangible economy and destroy it. All tangible stores of wealth will die, and only the new decentralized forms of capital in the Knowledge Age will survive.

And unlike the Fall of the Western Roman Empire, this NWO will be geographically global. The frontier this time will not be geographical (i.e. no Byzantine Eastern Empire), but rather the decentrzalized online economy will be the release value and frontier that provides the way out of the creative destruction.

This is absolutely crucial to understand. And I as @AnonyMint have been explaining this since 2012 with my seminal essay in the Economic Devastation thread and then the various quotes since such as in 2014.

The only source of Marxism is the Jews, it does not originate from anywhere else.

The actual source is the power vacuum created by the natural requirement to concentrate fixed capital in the Industrial Age. The banksters just stepped into that natural power vacuum.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 02:54:01 AM

If there will be an economic collapse as well as having a doomdsay scenario wherein there will be no banks, no electricity and no government the precious metals will lose its value. In that time survival of the fittest is the biggest concern and people will value food, clothing, shelter and weapons to survive.  Precious metals will become ordinary metals unless they are made into weapons.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: