Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:01:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Guide to Genoil Mining Zcash  (Read 6043 times)
joaocha (OP)

Activity: 254
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 10:42:19 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2016, 09:03:30 PM by joaocha

Well A lot of people are having a problem with genoil, so i will make things clear,
I have 6 rigs running, and dont have problem with any of them

Im using Flypool, Stable,pay right  and have a nice dashboard Wink

Lets start from zero.

*Make a fresh windows 7/10 instalation (genoil works on both)
-If you dont want format your rig i recommend unistalling drivers using DDU and installing latest from amd

*Go in system -> advanced system configuration -> perfomance -> advanced, and change your virtual memory initial 10000 max 32768
- Click set after that, or it will not save.
- Dont forget to change power settings, or your pc will hibernate

*I recommend changing Bios to Stock , and all oc settings to stock, for testing and running (you can try changing them later)
*If you have a weak cpu, dont mine with it, or it will afect your gpu mining speed

*Download genoil 0.42, extract everything to a folder on your desktop
-create a start.bat
-First time is better to create a kernel for every Gpu at time so do the following using -g Command (0 is the first GPU)
genoil.exe -c us1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -u t1PbU7yPYcrJkZFSxJU4soeyvYJf9VwUj1h.RIGNAME  -k zec -p z -g 0

Launch the start.bat after it begins to mine, close and start another gpu

genoil.exe -c us1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -u t1PbU7yPYcrJkZFSxJU4soeyvYJf9VwUj1h.RIGNAME -k zec -p z -g 1

Do it just changing the -g value From 0 to 5 ( or the number of gpus you have)

Nice!

Now lets start a test with everything together

genoil.exe -c us1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -u t1PbU7yPYcrJkZFSxJU4soeyvYJf9VwUj1h.RIGNAME  -k zec -p z

If you have a cpu with integrated video, just use this (if you are geting no opencl devices error)

genoil.exe -c us1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -u t1PbU7yPYcrJkZFSxJU4soeyvYJf9VwUj1h.RIGNAME  -k zec -p z -P 1

Now , if everything runs fine

change the bat file again, with this script, it ill close miner every hour (cause genoil sometime fails) and open again

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
:start
taskkill /F /IM genoil.exe
start /MIN genoil.exe -c us1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -u t1PbU7yPYcrJkZFSxJU4soeyvYJf9VwUj1h.RIGNAME  -k zec -p z
TIMEOUT /T 3600
goto start
pause

So runs the start.bat it ill start genoil minimized

Profit

DONT FORGET TO CHANGE THE ZCASH ADRESS, OR U ILL MINE TO ME Wink
Nice mining!

Start Bats (If you dont know how to make it) just put inside genoil folder
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtxN_-tDJ53OoFXgnsYHGpgl8hFJ

Genoil Github Link
https://github.com/Genoil/ZECMiner/tree/master/releases

DDU Link
https://www.google.com.br/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiJgLHtqofQAhWJfpAKHT26CRQQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guru3d.com%2Ffiles-details%2Fdisplay-driver-uninstaller-download.html&usg=AFQjCNEJ9nAYe5bakSWLix-qMCQn0Fvqbw&sig2=flZHJTmBiHYtpabimKIYfw&bvm=bv.137132246,d.Y2I

Flypool Link
http://zcash.flypool.org/

Donations zcash t1PbU7yPYcrJkZFSxJU4soeyvYJf9VwUj1h  
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kyubey

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 10:46:49 AM

*If you have a weak cpu, dont mine with it, or it will afect your gpu mining speed
Which CPU can be considered as weak? Is Athlon X2 @3.4 GHz enough or there should be some kind of old i7-920 for mining?
joaocha (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 10:55:25 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2016, 01:06:07 PM by joaocha

Which CPU can be considered as weak? Is Athlon X2 @3.4 GHz enough or there should be some kind of old i7-920 for mining?

Start Genoil first, and see your Sol rate, them start the cpu miner, if your gpu sol rate begins to drop, you have a weak cpu Wink
doktor83

Activity: 2520
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2016, 11:28:47 AM

no need to go with -g 0 then -g 1 etc if you have same cards, because it will create .bin on first run then on every other run it will just overwrite it.

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
Bitbit017

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 12:04:19 PM

Thank you for your guide!!!!
eiliant

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 12:15:19 PM

does this work with a nvidia 1080?
joaocha (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 12:16:58 PM

does this work with a nvidia 1080?

Nvidia it is not supported by genoil yet
mewhoyou

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 01:09:50 PM

tried running your add on script but it wasn't working on my end.

Ethereum the Next Big Thing?
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 01:38:37 PM

hey nice thead, very well explained.  for those with nvidia you get can the nicehash miner
joaocha (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:17:59 PM

tried running your add on script but it wasn't working on my end.

i ill upload some start bats, you can try them all, Virus free ;P
liomojo1

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 03:28:58 PM

You rock man , now the miner works for 20 min and no 0sol/s , i can`t beleive it! Thank you a lot!
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 03:31:55 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2016, 04:06:46 PM by toptek

great guide i all ready did most of it . for sure don't over clock it's not need and test it with a modded bios mine have been running for 8 hours now with no errors or stopping at zero with modded bios, i found that using third party software with this software miner was a big issue , it's not needed any way this miner run things so cool the fan can run at all most any speed and not come close to over heating  .. and hes right trying to use the CPU at the same time with shit CPU's will drag down the GPU it does mine.  I have shit cpu not gonna replace them til next year now waiting for the new ZEN line due out next year form AMD they should rock with this coin , if it's still as good .

This about all i use in a bat

genoil.exe -c us1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -u zec address.RIGNAME -p z

everything needed is on by default some setting will actually make the GPU run worse or reset to defaults . they are mostly there for future use. and have fun testing or playing with  it kind of says that in the read me Genoil 0.5 now comes with.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 04:14:41 PM

but the miner makes one kernel.

why to run for each card when it justm akes 1 kernel file?

yolo
joaocha (OP)

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 04:19:47 PM

Because all of your gpus are the same model

If you have :
a 390 and a 290 for ex, you need 2 kernels

(this guide is noob proof)
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 05:56:26 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2016, 06:44:26 PM by toptek

not really it is on by default just does it a different way with default  that i saw in fact using  two kernels on in the command line tun it off for default and might slow it down, or did for me and  I'm guessing that's  why  until it is improved more.  I'm not saying don't sue it by all means do but it might slow you down or speed you up but  it  is all ready on by default but works different at default all my miner speeds doubled when -.42 support came out for older AMD cards and my 470's speed for sure doubled when support was fixed in 0.41 all are at default settings and I tried to turn on two kernels at once the command line way . those cards atm  are one card rigs all but the 470's and it slowed down my three 470 using it manually, i guess i can turn the apu core on in one of the one card rigs to see what it does . and default setting make a kernel bin for each card look in the folder there should be two different ones in that folder and loads one for each card by default even if he doesn't make 2 but should  if the card is different from what i saw it made two kernel for each card unless it was the same series card like my three 470s .  but this guide is great  I'm  gonna try some setting  from it like setting the v memory in windows i did not think of that one and i already use or was using a more tweaked bat restart script same script but tweaked more, i found on the Zcash forums the other day , if you want it , il gladly post it , it was posted for the public some place else by some one else unless your that person.  

from what i tested using the kernels manually did slow down all my AMD cards same cards or not in the same system.

bobben2

Activity: 279
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 06:44:02 PM

I was following the guide and started the miner.  One single 280X.
It was mining fine at 28 S/s for about two hours, then it started to submit invalid shares.
I rebooted the rig, and started the miner again and now it doesnt hash - 0 Sol/s.
What gives?
Reverted back to Eth for now...

Fellow miners, get your thens and thans in order and help other forum readers understand what you are writing. Remember the grammar basics:  B larger THAN A (comparator operator). If something THEN ....
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 06:46:39 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2016, 07:07:17 PM by toptek

It was mining fine for at 28 S/s for about two hours, then it started to submit invalid shares.
I rebooted the rig, and started the miner again and now it doesnt hash - 0 Sol/s.
What gives?

may need to turn  off the PC to break the network connection and actually clear out the memory  i had to turn off two R7 370 PC  even after a warm boot it wouldn't hash  so i did a cold boot or power off .and that might be why sometimes even a restart scpit won't work because it has to wipe all traces of that session from the web and PC only a cold boot or power off can do or unplug the network cable then reboot it , to me it seems easier to power it off then unplug a nic cable then reboot .

or it could be that pool messing up. i had that happen i tired another pool it worked . but if you try to start the miner with the command line after a reboot with out using the a bat file and  it says you can't do that and  some some thing about that can only be done in a bat file or some thing, a shut down should fix it and may even be needed to clear the error out of memory  and it should hash again .

just some stuff I discovered.

thanks top ,

bobben2

Activity: 279
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 06:59:46 PM

It was mining fine for at 28 S/s for about two hours, then it started to submit invalid shares.
What gives?

may need to turn  off the PC to break the network connection and actually clear out the memory  i had to turn off two R7 370 PC  even after a warm boot it wouldn't hash  so i did a cold boot or power off .and that might be why sometimes even a restart scpit won't work because it has to wipe all traces of that session from the web and PC only a cold boot or power off can do or unplug the network cable then reboot it , to me it seems easier to power it off then unplug a nic cable then reboot .

Fixed.
I switched pool.  From flypool to nanopool.  Seems flypool went down.
Which is an easy thing to do with the Genoil miner on windows.  not so with zogminer under Linux.  Switching pools and using zogminer requires a reboot...  I wish for pool failover switch...

Fellow miners, get your thens and thans in order and help other forum readers understand what you are writing. Remember the grammar basics:  B larger THAN A (comparator operator). If something THEN ....
reelen

Activity: 189

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 07:13:40 PM

Completed all of this, but still having the issue where the hash-rate zeros out and have to restart the computer to restore it.
liomojo1

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 07:19:04 PM

Yes , when miner works for an hour and restarts it starts to give 0sol/s on some gpus, to restart it properly to work again well i have to delete the bin file in tha cash  of the miner and start it again!
It need tweaking obviosly!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: