Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:13:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stay away from zec.suprnova.cc (and the whole family)! It is a scam!  (Read 10112 times)
ivomm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1854
Merit: 2841

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:12:43 PM

After 2 days of fighting with the "bugs" of Supernova ZEC pool,  I came to the conclusion that this pool is a big scam! First, they selectively pay to someone, and to others don't pay at all. The balance is ''unconfirmed" for 2 days!!! Second, their site is down every couple of seconds (literally) pretedning to be upgrading, thus preventing users to control what is going on. And third, most of the workers are "unauthorized" which leads to hashing for someone else's profit. From my 50 workers, only 2 are 'authorised' to work and the shares are accepted. I don't see any confirmed balance on these workers either! I believe that this is an outrageous scam robbery!!!!  Shocked Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gunthar

Activity: 1498
Merit: 614

Liable for what i say, not for what you understand

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2016, 02:20:08 PM

You want to read this too
anyway OCMINER is one of the most trustable persons. I mine at suprnova all the time and never had lost coins or shits you claim with your accusations. Some issue with the new zcash is understandable but yoru coins and shares are safe there. It happens to nicehash zcash pool as well, it's a new starting man, be patient.

PS: might want to move this in scam accusations and lock this thread soon as you get enough answers.MOVED

▄██▀ ▄█████▄
     ▄██▀ ▄███▀ ▐███▄
   ▄██▀ ▄███▀    █████▄
 ▄██▀ ▄███▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄
██▀ ▄███▀    ▄██▀      ▀██▄
██ ███▀    ▄██▀    █▄    ███
██ ███    ███    ▄███    ███
██ ███▄    ▀███▄███▀     ███
██▄ ▀███▄    ▀███▀    ▄███▀
 ▀██▄ ▀███▄         ▄███▀
   ▀██▄ ▀███▄     ▄███▀
     ▀██▄ ▀███▄ ▄███▀
       ▀██▄ ▀█████▀
████
████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████
████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
         ▄█████▄ ▀██▄
       ▄███▀ ▐███▄ ▀██▄
     ▄███▀    █████▄ ▀██▄
   ▄███▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄ ▀██▄
 ▄███▀    ▄██▀      ▀██▄ ▀██
███▀    ▄██▀    █▄    ███ ██
███    ███    ▄███    ███ ██
███▄    ▀███▄███▀    ▄███ ██
 ▀███▄    ▀███▀    ▄███▀ ▄██
   ▀███▄         ▄███▀ ▄██▀
     ▀███▄     ▄███▀ ▄██▀
       ▀███▄ ▄███▀ ▄██▀
         ▀█████▀ ▄██▀
K1lo

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

Moar mining!!! .. oh wait, that's too much

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:21:36 PM

I can understand your frustration because I feel the same way about their site.

That said, I've been mining using their pools using XMG and other coins for a while now and I've found them be be very reliable at making payments. Their front ends are frequently buggy and slow and have been for as long as I've used them however.

I have had a ZEC payout from them and have another pending now. I know they've had problems in the last few hours with syncing and payments, but perhaps that's to be expected from such a new (and buggy) coin plus the huge influx of interest it has caused.

Developer, tinkerer, miner, coin holder, hopelessly amateurish trader
dorothy19

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 10:39:31 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 12:00:06 AM by dorothy19

You got scam, suprnova pool uses PPLNS to scam in long rounds, suprnova pool will switch user hashrate to another anonimous Zcash address and no found new blocks, then if you dont mine to finish in long rounds or you mine 50% in long round, you lost 100% shares in long round (3-4 hours)and earning in next short rounds (5-15 minutes) (15 minutes but earning ~ 30-40% earning long rounds) (he said "last 10 rounds" is scam). Many scam long rounds stuck 5->12 hours/day  with 300%-400% bad luck in days  and he will modify " Bad Luck" from 12x,13x% to 100% in next 1,2 days
Zcash mining in suprnova(7 days 100% luck ) is lower 20%,30% to another PPLNS pool
Stay away from this scam pool
https://forum.z.cash/t/suprnovas-zcash-pool-zec-suprnova-cc/2098/1963
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 11:50:43 PM

You got scam, suprnova pool uses PPLNS to scam in long rounds, suprnova pool will switch user hashrate to another anonimous Zcash address and no found new blocks, then if you dont mine to finish in long rounds or you mine 50% in long round, you lost 100% shares in long round (3-4 hours)and earning in next short rounds (5-15 minutes) (he said "last 10 rounds" is scam). Many scam long rounds stuck 5->12 hours  with 300%-400% bad luck in days  and he will modify " Bad Luck" from 12x,13x% to 100% in next 1,2 days
Zcash mining in suprnova(7 days 100% luck ) is lower 20%,30% to another PPLNS pool
Stay away from this scam pool
https://forum.z.cash/t/suprnovas-zcash-pool-zec-suprnova-cc/2098/1963

And here my reply from the forums :

That's exactly what PPLNS is against, the rounds are calculated over time, you're not only paid for one round but for several rounds, read up here:

http://give-me-coins.com/support/faq/what-is-pplns/

If PPLNS is scam, many other pools are scam too :slight_smile:

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
dorothy19

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:12:12 AM

PPLNS scam in long round and short round after long round (when PPLNS shares came back to 100% actual share in several rounds  but luck doesn't back to 100% in several rounds then stuck again )
If he correct, why he doesn't change to PPS because PPLNS (Pool stole hashrate or not) is lower 20-30% to PPS
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 12:42:58 AM

Most pools are pplns in the meanwhile. What he's trying to say is that Pool luck sometimes is bad and there are rounds over 300% luck whereas a miner gets, of course, lower payout then when there are three subsequent rounds with 100% luck...

Unfortunately this is not how luck works.. You have variance.. A pool cannot only have lucky rounds, I don't have a deal with Satan and I didn't sell my soul :slight_smile:

What he not sees or not mentions is that there are also lot of lucky rounds.. Multiple subsequent rounds far below 100% of estimates shares, so below 100 % luck which of course then pay more to the miner, especially with pplns.

This is unfortunate... I've tried to explain several times, just look above and also check this link :
http://give-me-coins.com/support/faq/what-is-pplns/

It's not so easy sometimes

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 06:26:49 AM

ffs i have heard a lot of sea stories around here, but tall tales about ocminer are always the funniest.

seriously, don't let him fool you. he does have some sort of deal worked out with some sort of power. no one should ever be able to respond to an ANN like he can.

all bs aside, he runs a straight outfit and the only time I ever had a problem with his pool, he took care of it faster then I expected... like super fast. Honest fellow by all accounts.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 06:40:22 AM

After 2 days of fighting with the "bugs" of Supernova ZEC pool,  I came to the conclusion that this pool is a big scam! First, they selectively pay to someone, and to others don't pay at all. The balance is ''unconfirmed" for 2 days!!! Second, their site is down every couple of seconds (literally) pretedning to be upgrading, thus preventing users to control what is going on. And third, most of the workers are "unauthorized" which leads to hashing for someone else's profit. From my 50 workers, only 2 are 'authorised' to work and the shares are accepted. I don't see any confirmed balance on these workers either! I believe that this is an outrageous scam robbery!!!!  Shocked Angry

Did you write this content or are you just spreading hearsay? I have no knowledge of zec.suprnova.cc but unless you have been scammed by them then you don't really have a clue. You should follow the scam reporting format, but that would require more than a couple drag and drops smileys.

imtav

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:15:46 PM

Just wanted to write about my suprnova.cc experiences.  I have used their site to mine DCR, EXP, ETC, UBQ, ZEC, and ZCL.  What I always notice is that my hashrate is always reduced on suprnova.cc pools compared to other pools.  For instance, my miner will report 460 sol/s for ZCL, suprnova.cc pool reports ~350 sol/s.  I switch to coinmine.pl, pool reports ~460 sol/s.  Blake 14r, Ethash, Equihash, I see these reduced hashrates.  Then when I switch pools, it is normal.  Nanopool, Dwarfpool, Coinmine, Miningpoolhub all report normal hashrates for me which are consistent with what my miner is reporting.  Suprnova consistently reports lower hashrates across several algos.  This is either some sloppy coding which causes user hashrates to be reduced, or it is maliciously being under reported by pool operator.  Either way, I don't like it, and I advise people to stay away from suprnova.cc pools altogether.
Nikolaj

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:27:04 AM

I can confirm that the reported hashrates are a lot lower than client-side. 20/30% off.
moonstruck

Activity: 125
Merit: 35

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 11:22:45 AM

After mining HUSH for several days with 21kSol/s, I have found suprnova to reliably underperform 25%. Stay away.
Minerolero

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:14:57 PM

So, anyone here have a legit pool to suggest? I am interested in some equihash mining.
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 02:40:45 PM

ppl with no credibility whatsoever, of course mostly noobs, claiming ocminer is a scammer without any kind of valid proof. Needless to say, the claim itself isn't even a proper scam accusation cause, fuck it, who needs to use the proper format. Put up some proof or just shut up. if you ain't happy with supernova use something else instead of spreading this bullshit crap OR prove what you say.

sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 03:22:33 PM

Whether it is a scam or not, I will advise myself from these cloud mining sites. It seems many people report them of scam but for me the issue is that the time to get your ROI is long and makes people think its a scam. If you want quick money, these sites are not the best places because you cannot become rich within a week
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:13:07 PM

Whether it is a scam or not, I will advise myself from these cloud mining sites. It seems many people report them of scam but for me the issue is that the time to get your ROI is long and makes people think its a scam. If you want quick money, these sites are not the best places because you cannot become rich within a week

Stop boosting your post count by posting worthless shit posts. Suprnova is a pool!

pdpanzer

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:32:08 AM

I had a similar issue with supernova dcr. Two hours and 20 transactions. Then for 4 hours, over 500 shares were accepted, and not a single thing was credited. Of course, I will mine at a different place starting right now - enough donations to this extremely credible person.
BellicoseBenny

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:39:29 AM

It seems to pay out rather reliably and within expected variance

What pisses me off is in their GUI it constantly under reports my hashrate by a huuuuge margin. Other pools I have used do not have this problem, and they're often over on their estimates on the "dashboard" or looking directly at my workers.

Like for example one of my workers is reporting 290 hash locally but in the web gui it's 195, on the assumption this doesn't affect payout no big deal. But I'm not informed enough to know
Lionel

Activity: 613
Merit: 305

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:49:29 PM

It seems to pay out rather reliably and within expected variance

What pisses me off is in their GUI it constantly under reports my hashrate by a huuuuge margin. Other pools I have used do not have this problem, and they're often over on their estimates on the "dashboard" or looking directly at my workers.

Like for example one of my workers is reporting 290 hash locally but in the web gui it's 195, on the assumption this doesn't affect payout no big deal. But I'm not informed enough to know

Does Suprnova give us our earnings at least?
At least did your earnings got confirmed?

I have mined 0.175 Hexxcoin a few hours ago and they are still Unconfirmed
BellicoseBenny

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:53:51 PM

That's probably an issue with the specific coin

Some of the things I mine at suprnova have very fast confirmation rates, some of them slow

I don't think that's in any pools control.

You will notice the same thing at exchanges. We're at the mercy fo the specific coins network
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: