Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 11:08:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: April 3 BFL ASIC update.  (Read 23613 times)
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 02:47:12 AM

New speed and pricing  Huh

I thought that image was 'shopped. But no, that image is for real!

Oh, look, they won't specify power usage anymore. WTG BFL.

WTF is this? Are they actually going to FUCK all those pre-orders and try to scam more money out of people. Seriousy, if you ordered an SC for $1300 rated for 60 GH/s what the hell would you really get? ANYTHING? Dude, before they even come out with a proto-type they are already changing the product line up? Total failure here. Seriously.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
Bendex

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:56:40 AM

Let's assume worst case scenario BFL takes our money and runs.  Is there any chance we can get our money back in that situation?  Through any intermediary?

Do a little research and see how much all the people that sonny scammed got back.   you can expect 1000x that amount.

I don't understand what you mean

Without even doing the research, I'd say the people Sonny scammed got back 0, so the joke is 1000x that amount would be...0.
Dargo!!!!   Riddles are not fun if you give away the punch line.   How many greeks are there working at BFL?   Where is Josh in all those pictures of him on the web?   Has anyone asked Luke how many people he saw at BFL that seemed to be employees?

There's no point having lots of employees if none of them are smart enough to design a board that doesn't overheat.
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 02:57:45 AM

Let's assume worst case scenario BFL takes our money and runs.  Is there any chance we can get our money back in that situation?  Through any intermediary?

If things go wrong, BFL will declare bankruptcy.  Then the remaining assets will be distributed to creditors by a trustee, if there are any assets remaining.  Your chance of recovering your full "pre-order" in this event is extremely unlikely.

There is a reason that the FTC Consumer Protection division has "prompt delivery" rules.  Know your rights.  If the delay is longer than 30 days or indefinite, you are to be promptly refunded unless you have agreed that the delay is acceptable.

If you are having issues obtaining a refund from BFL, you may file a complaint with the FTC here:
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

Definitely saving this link for my last refund that I have on a group buy.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:19:06 AM

WTF is this? Are they actually going to FUCK all those pre-orders and try to scam more money out of people. Seriousy, if you ordered an SC for $1300 rated for 60 GH/s what the hell would you really get? ANYTHING? Dude, before they even come out with a proto-type they are already changing the product line up? Total failure here. Seriously.

That's so they don't have to honor long-term warranties. The pre-orders were all for Jalapenos, Little SCs, SCs, and MiniRigs and come with "lifetime" warranties. Lifetime being as long as the product is in production. Now there's a new line of products. All those "lifetime" warranties are now 1-year warranties.

Buy & Hold
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 03:44:01 AM

That's so they don't have to honor long-term warranties. The pre-orders were all for Jalapenos, Little SCs, SCs, and MiniRigs and come with "lifetime" warranties. Lifetime being as long as the product is in production. Now there's a new line of products. All those "lifetime" warranties are now 1-year warranties.

But my dad ordered two SC's. He decided to pre-order them from the specifications on the product. 60GH/S was the specs. How are they going to send him two 60 GH/S units when they only make a 50GH/S?

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:46:49 AM

But my dad ordered two SC's. He decided to pre-order them from the specifications on the product. 60GH/S was the specs. How are they going to send him two 60 GH/S units when they only make a 50GH/S?

They're honouring the advertised hashrate on old orders, even if they have to make up the difference by shipping multiple 30 GH units or throwing in some jalapenos.  It's new orders which will be buying a 50 GH unit (presumably because it's not cost effective for them to resolve the problem and produce a 60 GH unit).

Originally, they said that people could choose to wait for MK II if they didn't want to accept the existing units.  Not sure if that offer is still on the table given that the MK II units won't have the same hashrate as MK I.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
PulsedMedia

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 09:30:56 AM

Opentoe:
They also have working prototype(s), atleast according to BFL Josh/Inaba and Luke JR, who is independent developer (BFGMiner)
They indeed have promised to honor the sold hash rate, i would assume they will make it up with Jalapenos or multiple unit shipping. Which actually is good -> Multiple units is higher resiliency. For example if they give 2xLittle SC for those who ordered Single SC, if another fails, you only loose 50% instead of 100% of hash rate.

Dissecting the higher pricing

The effects are multiple fold:
- Early "investors" (ie. preorders, esp. early ones) gets a benefit over others by getting half price units which have higher hash rate (or equivalently multiple units per 1 unit) compared to someone buying today
- That same will also mean that preorder people will have higher returns for longer
- Active miners benefit over others due to current high BTC:USD exchange rate
- High margin might allow BFL to have on-stock products for fast/immediate shipment when backlog has cleared
- High margin also allows budget for starting next gen immediately after current gen is on distribution and backlog fully cleared (which i hope they don't even mention before first wafers are out of fab)
- Downside is network security -> way less units, with way less hash rate will be sold in total
- More downside in network security -> not many are willing to put down 1300$ as their first miner, so entry will be with 250$ Jalapeno not making up that much hash rate relative to other units
- If they go for higher availability with increased margins, newbie miners get online faster Smiley

Now they damn better start shipping within couple of months Smiley

http://PulsedMedia.com - Semidedicated rTorrent seedboxes
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 10:14:28 AM

Heck yeah! If BFL begins delivery in a couple months it'll be an even year from order date to delivery for some of those early investors. Now that's pro.

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 10:44:09 AM

Heck yeah! If BFL begins delivery in a couple months it'll be an even year from order date to delivery for some of those early investors. Now that's procrastination.
jayeeyee

Activity: 191
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:25:38 AM

the 1.5THs isnt out of stock.  BFL simply cannot make it work cause they're a bunch of monkies over there.
Red_Evil

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500

Across The Universe

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:26:50 AM

Yes .. i was confused how can any thing it isnt exist be out of stock

Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:11:09 PM

the 1.5THs isnt out of stock.  BFL simply cannot make it work cause they're a bunch of monkies over there.

Maybe it's because they banned private ownership of thermonuclear weapons?  Wink

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
aTg
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:46:35 PM

wasteful

creativex

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:02:59 PM

wasteful

Meh. That's what you get when you're spending other people's money. See US Congress for reference.

wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:20:22 PM

wasteful

Meh. That's what you get when you're spending other people's money. See US Congress for reference.

+1

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:23:12 PM

Maybe it's because they banned private ownership of thermonuclear weapons?  Wink

This made me laugh so much. Thank you.

creativex

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:26:27 PM

+1

Frizz is a hoot. Smiley Plus Josh *HATES* him...which is a huge pro in my book.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:47:20 PM

wasteful

See this was all part of the dog and pony show. Make it appear that you are in development of a product to specification and then when the truth comes out just plaster a sign that reads "OUT OF STOCK"

Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:48:34 PM

+1

Frizz is a hoot. Smiley Plus Josh *HATES* him...which is a huge pro in my book.

OMFG this is so funny.

see bfl is only good for ENTERTAINMENT VALUE. That's it.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

witherworth

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:23:37 PM

+1

Not sure where I'm going to get all the desk space required for my units with them being that size. Then again, I don't actually need to live in my apartment. Kind of wish I ordered the thermonuclear minirig before it went out of stock. I know a few fellas who would have enjoyed it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: