Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:37:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Optimizing zCash Mining rigs (1070, RX480, RX470)  (Read 4864 times)
N8sNathan (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 12:03:21 AM

I currently have 2 mining rigs ming zcash running on Windows 10. One rig has 4 1070 gpu's and the other rig has a mix of 3x RX490's and 2x RX470's, one of the RX480 cards has 8gb the other 4 cards are only 4gb.

I'm using this OpenCL miner (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1660023.0) which claims you can get up to 45 sols on a RX480 card but I'm getting no where near that.

My sols for each card type:

GTX 1070: 20 sols
RX 480 8GB: 19 sols
RX470/480 4GB: 16 sols

How can I increase my sols rate? I have tried overclocking the GPU's but this dose not seem to do much.

I also seem to recall that when I first started mining zcash my GPU's took less power and generated less heat. Now after messing with everything they take up a lot of power and generate more heat.

Can anyone help me get a higher sols rate or lower my wattage? Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
YIz

Activity: 686
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 12:05:32 AM

You should try this miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1666780.0
It only works on OpenCL, it won't work for your 1070 but will for the other two.
fluf__

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 12:27:02 AM

I'm using this OpenCL miner (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1660023.0) which claims you can get up to 45 sols on a RX480 card but I'm getting no where near that.
try adding -k zec zec to the start.bat file.
N8sNathan (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 12:34:04 AM

try adding -k zec zec to the start.bat file.

I'm using the config file, is there a different line of code to add in that file?
fluf__

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 12:44:07 AM

for eXtremal's miner:

# Instances for silentarmy kernel                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
instances = "2";

and for Genoil's miner:

-k zec zec

N8sNathan (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 03:40:21 AM

for eXtremal's miner:

instances = "2";

and for Genoil's miner:

-k zec zec

I was running 2 instances on eXtrenals miner. I'm just now getting Genoil's miner up and running.

Can you tell me why in eXtremal's miner theres a "zcashgpuclient" and a "zcashgpuclient_silentarmy"?
rawbert

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 04:21:38 AM

for eXtremal's miner:

instances = "2";

and for Genoil's miner:

-k zec zec

I was running 2 instances on eXtrenals miner. I'm just now getting Genoil's miner up and running.

Can you tell me why in eXtremal's miner theres a "zcashgpuclient" and a "zcashgpuclient_silentarmy"?

You didn't run 2 instances if you were getting 16S/s for an RX470.. you can only do that with the silentarmy version but that won't run on win 10.. only win 7 and linux.. no fix in sight from the dev, he doesn't even respond to our request to fix win 10 issue..

For now genoil zecminer is you best bet which is faster as it already has the silentarmy kernel integrated.

Claymore is going to come out with his own zec miner in a few days then we're all set Smiley

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 05:19:02 AM

GTX 1070 should get ~30MH with the nicehash miner

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
N8sNathan (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 08:17:48 AM

for eXtremal's miner:

instances = "2";

and for Genoil's miner:

-k zec zec

You didn't run 2 instances if you were getting 16S/s for an RX470.. you can only do that with the silentarmy version but that won't run on win 10.. only win 7 and linux.. no fix in sight from the dev, he doesn't even respond to our request to fix win 10 issue..

For now genoil zecminer is you best bet which is faster as it already has the silentarmy kernel integrated.

Claymore is going to come out with his own zec miner in a few days then we're all set Smiley

I guess I just had it set to run 2 instances then. That explains why I'm getting such a low S/s rate.

I have genoil's miner now but I'm having problems. The best I have gotten was 88 S/s with all 5 cards combined. Now most the cards are getting 0 S/s. I'm not sure why my cards don't get a constant S/s rate. Sometimes there 24 S/s, sometimes 6, and a lot of the time 0.
Qunetick

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 09:32:52 AM

for eXtremal's miner:

instances = "2";

and for Genoil's miner:

-k zec zec

I guess I just had it set to run 2 instances then. That explains why I'm getting such a low S/s rate.

I have genoil's miner now but I'm having problems. The best I have gotten was 88 S/s with all 5 cards combined. Now most the cards are getting 0 S/s. I'm not sure why my cards don't get a constant S/s rate. Sometimes there 24 S/s, sometimes 6, and a lot of the time 0.

If you use two instances, then it will stress the GPU more. So you need to reduce the clock frequency.

N8sNathan (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 11:01:14 AM

GTX 1070 should get ~30MH with the nicehash miner

I have the NiceHash miner going on my 4x Nvidia 1070 rig and i'm getting a nice 138 S/s which is quite an improvement. However this miner also uses my CPU and older i7.

I'm still having problems with Genoil's miner on my 5x RX4** rig. Some of the GPU's will report a 0 S/s rate and if they do show more (up to 25 S/s) usually it drops off really quick.

My GPU's show there only at 300mhz memory speed so I may have to re-install the drivers or something...not sure whats happening. Anyone have any ideas?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: