Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:40:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have applied for a refund from BFL Labs 03.April.13 (Refunded 05-April-2013)  (Read 3053 times)
ice_chill (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:12:25 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2013, 10:36:09 PM by ice_chill

Here is my letter, I have applied for a refund for an order placed in October, will update this thread with progress:
Hi, I have 2 pre-orders from BFL dating to October, I remember it was then clearly stated that if BFL Labs ASICs do not ship by January 31st, then a refund will be given.
Due to current family circumstances and unforseen delays from BFL Labs, I am in an urgent need for a refund.
Please could you process a refund for the 2 orders below with great urgency.

Order 17xx ($787)
Invoice 51xxx ($20 + MiniRig to 12SC Singles conversion $15677)

Total: $16484

Original sources of payment:
PayPal: xxxxxxx@hotmail.com

Barclays Bank: xxxxx
HSBC Bank: xxxxx

Please process this refund with great urgency as I have unforeseen family circumstances.

Thank you.

***** UPDATE 05-April-2013  (40 hours since application) *****

No response received since application

***** UPDATE 05-April-2013  (42 hours since application) *****

BFL Labs has sent me a full refund via PayPal, surprisingly PayPal has not charged a fee which is great. BFL labs has also sent slightly more than what I asked for which is also great.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nbtcminer

Activity: 249

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:57:30 PM

wow...

Sorry to hear about your troubles; hope you get your refund and that things get better.

demzie

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 02:14:30 PM

Got my refund within 5 workdays.. (paypal that is).. and not that big amount.
Good luck!
ice_chill (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 10:38:08 PM

05-April-2013 Refund received in full.
veryveryinteresting

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:12:23 AM

Thanks for updating!
BeetcoinScummer

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:07:39 AM

So those people (or at least most of them) claiming to have not BFL received refunds are trolls?
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:42:34 AM

So those people (or at least most of them) claiming to have not BFL received refunds are trolls?

I am wondering what will happen with BTC payments though?

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 07:43:43 AM

You get Dollars.
demzie

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 09:03:04 AM

Great news!
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 11:56:59 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2013, 12:33:16 PM by Gator-hex

You get Dollars.

When you take money in once currency and pay back in a devalued one that's called an arbitrage scam.
If you want your BTC back kindly remind them of the Mail & Wire Fraud laws. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_and_wire_fraud
If you paid in BTC, there's no excuse for them not paying back in BTC, they run a huge mining farm and pool so they have freshly mined BTC every day!

tempt

Activity: 294
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:17:29 PM

You get Dollars.

When you take money in once currency and pay back in a devalued one that's called an arbitrage scam.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_and_wire_fraud
There's no excuse for them not paying back in BTC, they run a huge mining farm and pool, so they have freshly mined BTC every day!

Wow, you're greedy.
maqifrnswa

Activity: 454

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:15:06 PM

If you want your BTC back kindly remind them of the Mail & Wire Fraud laws. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mail_and_wire_fraud
If you paid in BTC, there's no excuse for them not paying back in BTC, they run a huge mining farm and pool so they have freshly mined BTC every day!

This is incredible! Quick find a lawyer and sue every major credit card company in the world! If I buy something with USD on my CC that is priced in GBP, and then the USD/GBP changes when I ask for a refund, I get refunded the USD equivalent of what the product costs in GBP. But you gave a link that says nothing about this, so therefore you are right!

So a US company, that prices products in US dollars, and accepts other currency for the convenience of the customer (valued at the USD exchange rate) can be compelled - by a US court - to pay damages/restitution valued in another currency? (rhetorical questions, the answer is of course not - claiming such is true is an arbitrage scam)

BFL is a mess, but this is not one of the reasons why.

EDIT: throwing in that "huge mining farm" comment is awesome. So BFL went from being a scam with no products,  incompetent and unable to put together a single ASIC on a board, to running a secret massive mining farm. Pick one or the other: does BFL not have any ASICs, or they do and they are secretly mining with them? You can't have both.
witherworth

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:57:38 AM

You get Dollars.

Noone paid in BTC. Everyone paid in USD. They used a third party to kindly take your BTC and pay BFL USD on your behalf. Which means refunds occur in the same way, just reverse. If you want BTC, BFL will send the USD you paid them to a third party who then sends you their current value in BTC on BFL's behalf. (Note that they don't actually do this, but you can act as the "third party" yourself and exchange on MtGox.

Point is, you get what you paid back. Now, if BTC skyrockets and people request a BTC refund from Avalon (assuming they did refunds), then you'd expect X BTC back for X being paid. But thats a whole different situation. BFL didn't take BTC payments, just USD.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 09:22:56 AM

You get Dollars.

I am glad to hear that. I am not BFL customer but i am wandering what would be the legal cause for BFL to refund all of their BTC orders if massive wave of refund requests begun. simple answer is none.
And what shall do all who paid in BTC? Nothing! BFL can simply get a fancy scammer tag and that is pretty much all of it. The  btc of their customers are gone! They are gone already (even if BFL delivers something in near feature) but they just refuse the fact to accept it. Hope dies last as we all know

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:58:05 PM

Compared to the other (failed) ASIC vendors, there's only one thing BFL seems to be good at: refunds.

So the only logical choice for all BFL customers would be: Get a refund. At least that's working.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:51:00 PM

Compared to the other (failed) ASIC vendors, there's only one thing BFL seems to be good at: refunds.

So the only logical choice for all BFL customers would be: Get a refund. At least that's working.
While you can

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: