Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:54:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IT DRP for your mining rig  (Read 1437 times)
PremiumCodeX (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
November 04, 2016, 08:10:00 AM

Hey! A mining rig is a complex IT infrastructure where each resource runs important function. In this infrastructure, each resource failure results in direct damage to your profit. The more time the recovery takes, the more damage your profit suffers. So, do you have an IT SRP/DRP to recover your mining rig should a disaster happen to it?

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barrysty1e

Activity: 636
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 09:04:37 AM

no, because the margins are already tight enough especially if its a new setup and you're still trying to reach ROI.
when hardware is pushed, the best you can do is be reasonable with what you're expecting for output; and monitor all equipment.

mining equipment isn't life threatening if it fails, it doesnt need a disaster recovery plan.

my father wears sneakers in the pool
PremiumCodeX (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 09:00:05 PM

no, because the margins are already tight enough especially if its a new setup and you're still trying to reach ROI.
when hardware is pushed, the best you can do is be reasonable with what you're expecting for output; and monitor all equipment.

mining equipment isn't life threatening if it fails, it doesnt need a disaster recovery plan.

What about the big mining rigs that generate alot of profit and could cause the loss of investors if being destroyed? I understand that your home mining rig does not need an IT DRP, but there are companies that run mining rigs as business. Critical processes often run from these rigs like cloud mining.

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 10:14:29 PM

What about the big mining rigs that generate alot of profit and could cause the loss of investors if being destroyed? I understand that your home mining rig does not need an IT DRP, but there are companies that run mining rigs as business. Critical processes often run from these rigs like cloud mining.

There isn't enough profit in mining to have hot-standby equipment, redundant power, offsite backup datacenters or even UPS's

What you need is cheap-as-close-to-zero electricity and lots of cool air, the only redundancy you may get is redundant internet connection and maybe, if you can get it for free, redundant power.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
barrysty1e

Activity: 636
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2016, 01:47:00 PM

i'm guessing you're talking about having another set of mining rigs on standby?
mining has always been cut-throat competitive. if someone went as far as to spec up a set of 'standby' rigs for their setup, i'd imagine they'd end up using them full time in a matter of hours.

in terms of redundant power, redundant network, redundant stratum/coin daemon instances - thats a given with any setup.

my father wears sneakers in the pool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: