Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:54:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][crowdsale] Arcade City Whitepaper, Token Sale and Hackathon  (Read 10962 times)
BrendaFdez

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:31:19 PM

So you think you're going to start a Bitcoin business, right?

«Okay, it's not a crime. It's just the first step down the road which brings pretty much 9x% to crime within six months to a year. So, here are some simple easy steps for your convenience.

0. Starting a bitcoin business is a liability. The first thing you need to understand, and you need to understand it well. At sixteen hundred hours while you were sitting around your living room scratching your ear you were worth X. Your life, your ideas, your business, the shit around your house that you own, all that which makes up your life, added together, worth X. At sixteen fifteen, eight minutes after you had started your Bitcoin business you were worth X-k, where k is always positive and SIGNIFICANT. Starting a Bitcoin business is a liability, it makes you worth less. In fact, all the rest of your life in Bitcoinland will be attempts, more or less successful, to limit and reduce that liability. This is the outlook you must have not in order to be successful, but in order to have a shot at it. This is the outlook you must have in order to not guarantee failure.

1. Identify yourself to the community. This means, at the very least, creating a WOT account. If you do not have a WOT account you are not part of Bitcoin business. This is the criteria, no matter what you might think. That's where everyone looks, no matter what social media might be telling you. If you aren't in the WOT you aren't in Bitcoin.

This might also mean making a few social media profiles. The difference between an account on StumbleUpon called MyBTCBiz, a reddit account called BtcBlaBla, a myspace, tumblr, whatever and a forum account called MyBizPr is nil. They're all the same thing: social media profiles. Sure, they may be useful. You wouldn't think to substitute a forum registration for a company registration IRL, now would you? Same thing here.

2. After completing step 1 spend at the very least six months learning. This attitude whereby you think you're great and valuable, so great and valuable in fact that you had the business idea first, then you ran into Bitcoin and then in the heat of the moment saw to that formality of a forum account so now you're ready for "investment" five hours later after dealing with the pesky minimum posts rules is bullshit. Pure bullshit. This isn't how it works, if you've not been in the WOT for six months you are not ready to start a Bitcoin business for reason of intellectual incapacity, irrespective of what you might think. (And yes, of course you will think you're the exception to this rule. You are not the exception, you are just unskilled and unwarare of it. The rule is exactly about you.)

Yes, maybe if Warren Buffett decided to go into Bitcoin he'd just put a notice on his Berkshire Hathaway website identifying his WOT handle and be ready in five minutes. The reason Warren Buffett can do that and you can't is that you're not Warren Buffett. Yes, one day you might become the next WB. That doesn't mean you're it today, consumer credit does not work in this field.

So, what you do during your six months is that

2.1. You buy some Bitcoins. Get a good idea of what the options for doing that are, how the exchanges work, how the OTC market works (if by now you do not know what OTC or WOT stand for add two months to your lockdown as punishment for being the sort of idiot who, when he encounters words he does not know, instead of investigating their meaning brushes them off to "get on with the reading").

2.2. You sell some Bitcoins. Get a good idea of how that works, how you get your money back out, what the limits are, so on and so forth. You wouldn't want to discover later that you have a billion dollars in Bitcoins you can never spend in any way, other than by donating to the Bitcoin Gates Foundation now would you? What sort of WB would that be?

These are not a waste of time. They are here to give you an idea of how your future customers will be seeing life. You want to buy some Bitcoins even if you don't need them, and sell them even if you don't need to and buy back just on general principle. You are unit testing the currency. Boring? Fuck you.

2.3. You read, on this forum, and you discuss with the market participants. You get your pecking order straight. Who are the movers and shakers? Whose word is worth 10k Bitcoins no questions asked and from whom? Why? You get the history straight. Who were the scammers, historically? How did they do it ? What are the patterns? How did the people who matter react, and why? What does that say about them, how does that color their relationships among each other?

If you don't have the list and don't comprehend how the interactions work, if you look at DeathandTaxes and have no fucking idea who he is, if you think we're buddies cause I mention him by name and so forth you're not done with this. Must lurk moar.

2.4. You ask questions. Only on step 2.4 do you ask questions, by the time you're here you have already done a lot of work! You have sunk into this upwards of a hundred hours of your spare time, whether you like it or not, you've filled half a notebook with dumbass scribblings, you have fucking hand-drawn maps hanging from your bedroom wall. This level of intensity is not an upper bound to aspire to, but a minimum requirement.

Your questions will get a lot of stupid answers but also a complete set of correct answers. Pick the set, disregard the rest, you're on your way.

3. Announce your business plan. If you think your business plan has to be kept secret because otherwise others will steal it you are probably too stupid to be in business (not just BTC, but in general).

Let me explain to you how business "stealing" works: at the time MPEx was created (Feb 2012) there existed GLBSE already, which sucked at that time. Nobody flailing around in a cloud of stupidity almost mould-like in consistency seemed to be aware of it, but GLBSE sucked. And so Mr. P decided to make a securities exchange that worked right and was run correctly.

So, pro tip #1: there's so much to do and so few people capable of doing it in Bitcoin that if your plan makes sense and you seem even remotely competent everyone else who is competent will breathe a sigh of relief. They aren't going to "steal" your idea of doing the absolutely fucking obviously banal, cause so much is needed I couldn't begin to tell you.

Pro tip #2: if you are incompetent, the people who are competent aren't going to steal your business early. They are going to steal it late, just like MPEx demolished GLBSE. They don't need early mover advantage, they will come to your market six months or a year late, break off your arms and beat you over the head with them until you are reduced to a bloody mess.

So, forget about anyone "Stealing" your business. When S.DICE was announced, a bunch of forum muppets rambled on about how it's not worth its valuation because "everyone could do it". And I laughed at them then and so to prove my point that they're laughable idiots they declared that they shall do it! It's been months, who has managed to steal the business? You can't steal any business from the competent, and if you're competent yourself you don't even try to, cause it makes no business sense.

Thus, at the very least, step 3 gives you this measure of protection, whereby other competent people know you're doing X and so don't start doing X too. It saves our time and effort, rather than doing something twice do two of the fifty billion things that still need doing.

Obviously your announcement will gather a bunch of crap from a bunch of nobodies. But lucky for you, you've been doing this by the numbers, and you have the list. You know why you don't care what Joel Katz says about anything: what people who don't run businesses say is irrelevant. You know why you care what piuk says about anything to do with the blockchain (do you?).

4. Almost there.

4.1. If you actually got no objections, just pats on the back you're golden. Go do your thing, try your best not to fuck up, when in doubt ask people you trust and that's that.

4.2. If you actually had some objections, do not proceed until the people who raised them declared themselves satisfied. The odds that they don't have a point are dismal, and more importantly, the odds that they wouldn't withdraw objections along the lines of the most favorable construction for you are nil. If someone's pointing things out to you that won't work with your model they're right. If nobody is that still is not proof your model can work.

Stick to this and I might be hearing your name in a year or two. Don't, you just fade into the background noise, yet another of the many who keep paying ten or fifty dollars a month to be part of a new and exciting MMORPG, sorta like the glassy eyed FB credits buyers.

Good luck in any event.»

That's it. Good luck in any event!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TMRQZ1

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:36:32 PM

It seem like we're not informed about this crowdsale and it took 100K USD in minutes?
I'm kinda nervous how this goes, i was here long enough to notice all threads that is updated every minute and i miss this one.  Grin who escrowed the funds?

We have built a decent following these last 10 months and were focusing on selling to the mainstream first so that our drivers and riders would have a shot at getting ARC before the cryptoworld new about us. we paid for no marketing and only promoted our sale on facebook and twitter 5 days before the sale. most of what we raised was mainly people who never heard of cryptocurrency in their life. Check out the links provided and feel free to ask more questions, ill try to get our dev team in here soon. thank you.
eXtatiC

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:46:30 PM

So many newbies are involved into that project. There is no escrow so that I'll avoid to make any kind of investment into that project. Anyway good luck for that sale and have bright future.
I have the same opinion, dude! By the way, why no escrow, dev? It will increase the appeal of the project.
BrendaFdez

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:47:51 PM

The thing with iphones and uber killers.

https://i.imgur.com/L6wqtf0.jpg

And notice that I actually do want to inhabit a world where iPhone and Uber and all their "killers" are long dead. But mainstream everything is not the way. That's what got us here in the first place. And yeh I made 5 bucks yesterday on this. Thanks to my friend who referred a friend I should say, bc the thing doesn't even exist. Wish and fact are often farther away than we perceive.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 04:53:17 PM

It seem like we're not informed about this crowdsale and it took 100K USD in minutes?
I'm kinda nervous how this goes, i was here long enough to notice all threads that is updated every minute and i miss this one.  Grin who escrowed the funds?

We have built a decent following these last 10 months and were focusing on selling to the mainstream first so that our drivers and riders would have a shot at getting ARC before the cryptoworld new about us. we paid for no marketing and only promoted our sale on facebook and twitter 5 days before the sale. most of what we raised was mainly people who never heard of cryptocurrency in their life. Check out the links provided and feel free to ask more questions, ill try to get our dev team in here soon. thank you.

Who are you and who is sponnet?

The thing with iphones and uber killers.

And notice that I actually do want to inhabit a world where iPhone and Uber and all their "killers" are long dead. But mainstream everything is not the way. That's what got us here in the first place. And yeh I made 5 bucks yesterday on this. Thanks to my friend who referred a friend I should say, bc the thing doesn't even exist. Wish and fact are often farther away than we perceive.

I was expecting ARK to gather $100K in weeks but they did it in minutes. I guess mainstream is outside btctalk  Roll Eyes

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
BrendaFdez

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 05:31:53 PM

Mainstream is everywhere you let it be, basically. The forums went mainstream in 2010/2011. Because nobody did anything effective to prevent it.

Mainstream (ie shit) is much like entropy: it requires an active expenditure of energy to keep something from going to shit. Most of everything is shit. And the global amount of shit is always on the rise.
Kiki pluche

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 06:00:00 PM

The funds are in a multisig wallet. 7 keyholders: 2 from dev team, 2 members of council coming from swarm, 3 external with high reputation in cryptoworld, https://twitter.com/paullinator/status/793671814245339136 and https://twitter.com/BrenntL/status/793201757748854784. No transfer of money goes out of that address unless 5 out of 7 sign for it.

Sponnet is engineer on the dev team.
TMRQZ1

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 08:52:31 PM

techcrunch.com/2016/06/07/how-a-30k-member-facebook-group-filled-the-void-left-by-uber-and-lyft-in-austin/ now at 41,000 plus an additional 560 cities and 49 countries. All starting to know more about CRYPTOCURRENCY. Id say that is actual mainstream.
Madstudios30620

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 08:52:58 PM

I'm glad I have sugar for your tea...........................
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B06tyasiZi26MllxM19LUXNicFk

*YOU* really are your best customer. Keep up the Uber killing.
JackStemmy

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 09:00:09 PM

I have been a follower since the March and love what you guys are doing keep up the great work totally worth the rest of my eth Smiley  <3 <3
tharude

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 01:17:58 AM

So, according to the ANN:

Token Sale
Token sale dates : 11/1 -> 11/28

Token sale started 11/1 and the ANN is made today?!

Agreed,
But the price increases only in 4 days, just wanted you to learn to know our project - thanks for reading.

So, you mean that you gave an advantage to a preferred investors before announcing this one to public?
A bit shady, don't you think? What was the preferences given to the OTC investors anyway?

P.S Since when FB and Twitter became the official place for announcing crypto startups? Is this an internal affair?
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 01:23:24 AM

Congratulations you have been added to http://icocountdown.com

Never miss a crowdsale again.

Cool

Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 03:30:14 AM

Why are all these newbie accounts fighting among one another like this ? Also I see noone addresses any of my previous concerns.
Not looking good.  Undecided

We need to be kept in the loop. What's going on ?

oneyesoneno

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 05:07:17 AM

it is cool that arc already had quite large community out there... but still i am a little bit concern about the apps delivery.

sponnet (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 09:53:34 AM

So many newbies are involved into that project. There is no escrow so that I'll avoid to make any kind of investment into that project. Anyway good luck for that sale and have bright future.

The people working on the swarm ( helping onboard drivers and riders ) have been active for more than a year now under the brand Arcade City - and most of them have lots of experience as former Uber of Lyft drivers.

The current Dev team of 4 people have been developing Ethereum prototypes for government appplications since september 2015 - that's also little over a year. Which in that space - is quote some time actually.

Thanks for your interest in the project !

txkllr

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 06:56:24 PM

Not a newbie >>> https://www.linkedin.com/in/berndlapp
https://twitter.com/MillennialChris/status/795767157237960705
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 10:10:30 PM

So if a normal user uses the app and purchases smart tokens and displays their ARC balance in dollar amount, you're saying that the dollar value will go up and down? How practical is it if the ARC value greatly varies within a short period of time? I think this might cause fear to those who don't know what tokens are.
Juantzy

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 08:15:01 AM

soo many ico coins flood the crypto market. Angry Angry Angry

zoranko

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

Prawda Jest Fałszywy

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 08:19:55 AM

Looking interesting, good concept and vision ..
Im support !!  Smiley
sponnet (OP)

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 04:02:17 AM

Good news for Arcade City Smiley

Token sale received more than 60000 ETH up till now - enough to go full speed ahead with the project.

Current price = 92 ARC / ETH. -> But price increases in about 15h ( 83 ARC / ETH )

Verify on etherscan

Read more about Arcade City , the decentralized ride-sharing app on the website.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: