Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 9113 times)
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:01:32 AM

Sorry I don't get it, so the net money flow is essentially the derivative of money flow, right? Then you integrate it again? I am confused.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:19:30 AM

On the good side, I think this total money flow metric may be very interesting and should be investigated further. It seems to be some kind of bubble indicator (see my chart above).
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:20:58 AM

Can you take the top graph an divide it by price*total_btc_minted?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 05:25:44 AM

Now what happens when this isn't flow but it actually "parks"?  Can we detect that?

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:30:57 PM

I was actualy starting to understand the first graph haha, ok so if i have this correctly then after the first touch it seams that it should be a mirror image of each other as stocks move up or down so does the money flow in exact terms.  But then there is the money flow that alot is moving in and a lot is moving out so that would give it diffrent values, and the point is the interesting part at the end correct? where the money flow has gone down significantly yet the price has risen significantly stating that most all money has been for bulls or purchasing, so if this top line were to rise significantly and the lower (price) line were to stay flat or then would that be an indication of a drop off? obviously it would be a sign of volatility but in what direction does it indicate?

how im not dumbing up this intelligent thread. Thanks  Undecided 
ajk
Donator

Activity: 447

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:11:53 AM

I forgot charts can input for human emotion and news of global caliber,

i stopped trading solely on charts when i realized that i was only right about half the time and lost money,

seriously trying to use a chart and then tell people that this is a bubble or its going to correct is just a guess and a bad one at that there are at least 15k people waiting to get verified in gox,

does your chart/indicator know that? any one of them can be ready to pour in a cool milly. does your chart know that? no neither do I but it is probably naive to say that there isnt at least 1,

trade with both charts and News not just indicators considering most of the major ones are LAGGING meaning that they go off of what has already happened your guess is as good as flipping a coin
ajk
Donator

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:19:13 AM

i also want to factor in that right now its very difficult to get bitcoins

Have you ever told a millionaire or billionaire that they cant have something?

this is just the start............
ajk
Donator

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:13:06 AM

your obviously missing my points entirely from how you answered

an indicator has no emotion and can not think for itself, it merely transmits an image from the data it is given

an indicator cannot factor in the fact we have so many people wanting bitcoins

orly? I highly doubt you have contact to ANY billionaires but regardless of that you only are making my point

tell someone who has that much money that right now they cant have bitcoins, they are only going to want them even more

this is only the beginning as ive stated before,
ajk
Donator

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:08:56 PM

these answers are so vague and horrendous id get better debate from a wall or rock

Im saying there is something charts cannot account for and that is why you shouldnt base all your trading on just that, why do you think some people make money in this game and some dont? because there are some people out there that just see things differently and can account for things that INDICATORS cant,

Whether you know it or not the people who are leaders of bitcoin are HEAVILY invested, and not only are these people working as hard as they can because of this but you are going to see a level of work that is unmeasured because they are working for their own benefit, since they hold bitcoins they want to see its success because in the end it is ultimately their success as well

Whether all indicators are pointing to overbought it probably doesnt understand what is going on right now with all the new money and news coming in, probably with any other financial asset or vehicle this would look insane but its just what happens when something limited in supply is being Overwhelmed by demand.

TLDR; sorry there isnt one
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:13:21 PM

Let me take a stab at a TL;DR version of the chart:

TL;DR - The upward price movement is greater than the amount of money moving into the system can sustain (in terms of market depth, etc.).

Yes?  No?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
ajk
Donator

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:15:08 PM

please go jump off a bridge
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:24:52 PM

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Ok, now what?

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
ajk
Donator

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:26:58 PM

in real life and without water under it
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:29:02 PM

your obviously missing my points entirely from how you answered

an indicator has no emotion and can not think for itself, it merely transmits an image from the data it is given

an indicator cannot factor in the fact we have so many people wanting bitcoins

orly? I highly doubt you have contact to ANY billionaires but regardless of that you only are making my point

tell someone who has that much money that right now they cant have bitcoins, they are only going to want them even more

this is only the beginning as ive stated before,

Behavior is something that can be measured.

this is true, though an incredible amount of data has to be inputed, for example that persons current emotional state, the history of that person from early childhood to the present morning, medications one takes, style of personal growth and the education level of that individual.

source- BS in Psychology  
KTE

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:16:16 PM

What the OP graph really tells us for the recent days is that cash is flowing in much, much more than out. It doesn't really tell anything about being at a turning point or not. A whopping one preceding incident of money flow meeting price equaling crash doesn't establish a pattern. No matter how cool of an arc the data draws.

Disclaimer: this doesn't mean that it couldn't be a turning point. I'm not in the business of proving negatives.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:28:01 PM

Can you take the top graph an divide it by price*total_btc_minted?

There you go notme. I am not sure what that might mean to you, but now that I have total_btc_minted in my raw data I am planning to run some experiments with it.

I don't know what it means either, but thanks Smiley.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:42:44 PM

sub
bitarrow

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 08:00:55 PM

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Ok, now what?
Not sure why... But I love this guy lol
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 10:13:07 PM

I find the tendency for this market to make repeated parabolic moves extremely curious. In an attempt to understand this phenomenon my investigation has turned to a focus on money flow... And it only gets curiouser.

Maybe someone who has seen this before can explain what is going on exactly:

What is the x axis? I think I read it was hours, is it? And are all calculations based on hourly price and volume bars?
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 10:41:28 PM

The assuming this chart is based on essentially the most recent data, the date for the first convergence on the chart is then about Feb 10th. Yet, when looking at the price chart for bitcoin, there was no major pullback from a peak. What is the date range of the chart you are analyzing?
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#rg90zczsg2013-01-08zeg2013-03-10ztgSzm1g10zm2g25

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: