Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:52:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Despised Icon-- ALT of Atari--,Logan-- and now flooding the forum with new accts  (Read 1842 times)
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2016, 12:45:12 AM

A DT member should of put it on there when he was asking and it was known he was Atari and AmexSaleServe which I pointed out in his selling threads but nobody listened and I removed my posts because he said I was giving false accusations on his posts and had the evidence. That being the proof enough to give me negative feedback and use that as the reference link towards my profile's trust page.

It would have been good for them to have put it there to warn people, but remember: caveat emptor - the "victims" should be smart enough to see through the thinly-veiled scam. It doesn't take a genius to see that no collateral and no reputation means a bad deal.

He still is selling and people are still doing deals and giving him the benefit of the doubt against just that one negative that is showing from a trusted member for me atleast (KWH's trust given as of now).

Like I said - if they're stupid enough to fall for it, then they'll learn their lesson and that'll be that. If they don't learn their lesson, then you wouldn't have been able to stop anything anyway - they're just going to continue being swindled and there's no way to prevent that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lionidas (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 12:47:05 AM

Lionidas, you really ought to put a reference link in with your negative feedback.   Everyone else is referencing this thread and not the one where you sent him money. 

Next time hit the ignore button instead of the send button when someone keeps begging for bitcoin.  You fell right into a scammer's trap.
He locks his threads once he is found out as you have noticed so that is useless. I have linked this so to let the ones he has scammed have their say to get this done with that he and his alts are scammers that is the reason of it in the first place not towards that sent of money because this is different now not just for megger amount of $6 but for 0.05btc that I last sent to him for ransom on the trust given to me.

Once again the ignore button would do nothing because as he has mentioned in the entire pm conversation that I did not include he will create new accounts to just keep posting pms to me and put more negative from those too which has happened already.
There is no reasoning with a psychotic person like this one. Repeating same thing over and over again is the sign of a mentally deranged person that I (we are) am dealing with here.
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 12:48:31 AM

Lionidas, you really ought to put a reference link in with your negative feedback.   Everyone else is referencing this thread and not the one where you sent him money. 

Next time hit the ignore button instead of the send button when someone keeps begging for bitcoin.  You fell right into a scammer's trap.
He locks his threads once he is found out as you have noticed so that is useless. I have linked this so to let the ones he has scammed have their say to get this done with that he and his alts are scammers that is the reason of it in the first place not towards that sent of money because this is different now not just for megger amount of $6 but for 0.05btc that I last sent to him for ransom on the trust given to me.

Once again the ignore button would do nothing because as he has mentioned in the entire pm conversation that I did not include he will create new accounts to just keep posting pms to me and put more negative from those too which has happened already.
There is no reasoning with a psychotic person like this one. Repeating same thing over and over again is the sign of a mentally deranged person that I (we are) am dealing with here.

Then you keep painting them red, easier for you than him.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Lionidas (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 01:32:02 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2016, 01:52:59 AM by Lionidas

A DT member should of put it on there when he was asking and it was known he was Atari and AmexSaleServe which I pointed out in his selling threads but nobody listened and I removed my posts because he said I was giving false accusations on his posts and had the evidence. That being the proof enough to give me negative feedback and use that as the reference link towards my profile's trust page.

It would have been good for them to have put it there to warn people, but remember: caveat emptor - the "victims" should be smart enough to see through the thinly-veiled scam. It doesn't take a genius to see that no collateral and no reputation means a bad deal.

He still is selling and people are still doing deals and giving him the benefit of the doubt against just that one negative that is showing from a trusted member for me atleast (KWH's trust given as of now).

Like I said - if they're stupid enough to fall for it, then they'll learn their lesson and that'll be that. If they don't learn their lesson, then you wouldn't have been able to stop anything anyway - they're just going to continue being swindled and there's no way to prevent that.
Again with putting the blame on me Roll Eyes
I did it to quell his insistent begging. $6 for a piece of mind was not too much to pay for that at the time. Undecided

I was only tipped off and then put this user on my ignore list when this member saw what was going on and informed me that the one who I gave this small loan to(Atari) was this user. I removed him when I saw the similar negative message as Atari and another of his alts leave to me just days before but has been since removed when I paid the ransom amount of $20 in bitcoin.
Hello

In this thread he states he paid you back https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1658172.msg16648664#msg16648664

I'd like to see you address this.  Even more perplexing is the negative feedback the user left for you.

I know this user to be a liar and a con-artist.  Nothing surprises me.  But again, your answer is needed.

I'll tell him to post here. As far as putting the payment up to verify. Idk how lol

Regards
MB2U
You have to make your own assumptions on what happened because as far as I am concerned I don't want to get involved anymore.
Just to let you know, it has costed me more than just my $5, that is as much I can say regarding this.

Don't worry, I won't mention anything about you. Sorry for your troubles.  Yes, there are many scammers, however, there are some that are fairly decent.

Hopefully, things turn around for you and you can make some good trades.

BTW I wouldn't be too scared of that Atari, seems they just got another new name     Despised-Icon-https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=911971  

Take care!
MB2U

I should of taken his advice and given all these facts before hand because it happened the same way as if I have anyways. Angry
Real funny how he says "loan filled" after he gets these payments from me then locks the threads. Roll Eyes
Real artist at the con game here and still at work: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1669059.0
Sad
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2016, 10:27:32 PM

I did it to quell his insistent begging. $6 for a piece of mind was not too much to pay for that at the time. Undecided

I was only tipped off and then put this user on my ignore list when this member saw what was going on and informed me that the one who I gave this small loan to(Atari) was this user. I removed him when I saw the similar negative message as Atari and another of his alts leave to me just days before but has been since removed when I paid the ransom amount of $20 in bitcoin.

I'm unsure as to why you think paying him off is a good idea. Firstly, there's the ignore button that's always there to "quell his insistent begging".

Whether it's a small amount or not, wasting money by sending it to scammers is not the way to go. Who cares about untrusted feedback? It's not worth sending $20 to someone just because they post libel about you. Ignore and forget. Would you really pay people to remove their negative feedbacks, regardless of their reputation?

That would just be a waste of money.

Even if you can afford it, you should be prudent. And yes, I am blaming you for being scammed. Caveat emptor.

Lionidas (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 12:46:46 PM

I'm unsure as to why you think paying him off is a good idea. Firstly, there's the ignore button that's always there to "quell his insistent begging".

Whether it's a small amount or not, wasting money by sending it to scammers is not the way to go. Who cares about untrusted feedback? It's not worth sending $20 to someone just because they post libel about you. Ignore and forget. Would you really pay people to remove their negative feedbacks, regardless of their reputation?

That would just be a waste of money.

Even if you can afford it, you should be prudent. And yes, I am blaming you for being scammed. Caveat emptor.
So you might as well blame the next person who buys this amazon $25 gift card too for not knowing they are involving themselves with a scammer then! Tongue
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1671092.msg16779394#msg16779394

Atleast they have this thread to look at and a redtrust to see on their profile from KWH to look at. Cause I was not privileged enough to have these blaring signs to warn me not to touch this user with a 10 foot pole.  Embarrassed
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2016, 03:28:44 PM

So you might as well blame the next person who buys this amazon $25 gift card too for not knowing they are involving themselves with a scammer then! Tongue

Yes. I would. A newbie account trying to sell an amazon card that requires you to go first? The sirens must be so loud your neighbors can hear them! $25 value for $8? What a good deal! Except... it's probably not, and just a clear scam. I might understand $20 as the pricetag... but you can get lots of everyday things from Amazon regardless, so I don't quite understand. The $8 would mean that it's probably either a scam or the card was bought with illicit funds. Either way it's not worth the purchase... not to say that higher price = higher quality

Atleast they have this thread to look at and a redtrust to see on their profile from KWH to look at. Cause I was not privileged enough to have these blaring signs to warn me not to touch this user with a 10 foot pole.  Embarrassed

They don't need a thread to warn them if the user already looks like a scammer.

Lionidas (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 12:13:13 AM

Yes. I would. A newbie account trying to sell an amazon card that requires you to go first? The sirens must be so loud your neighbors can hear them! $25 value for $8? What a good deal! Except... it's probably not, and just a clear scam. I might understand $20 as the pricetag... but you can get lots of everyday things from Amazon regardless, so I don't quite understand. The $8 would mean that it's probably either a scam or the card was bought with illicit funds. Either way it's not worth the purchase... not to say that higher price = higher quality

And this is right to you? Roll Eyes
Yes I will. Mind your own business before I give you negative feedback

You do know you will get banned after this comment right ?

You're pretty much harrassing me with your 'feedback' thingy haha.

Go ahead and do just that! Smiley
People's ethics are seriously messed up around here. Undecided
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 09:26:08 PM

And this is right to you? Roll Eyes

I'm not saying that it's fine to scam, but you have to place a degree of blame on the person who was scammed.

If I were to sell a stolen credit card to someone, would you say that the buyer was never at fault during the entire scenario? I'd hope not... otherwise, we would have bigger problems to worry about.

Though this example is not a great analogy (comparison between credit cards and other items) you could replace it with other objects that are faulty in some way and it still drives the point: the buyer should be wary about what they're buying. I wouldn't just respond to the first used car sale and buy it instantly. I would check the car for any damages.

(Or in these online cases, usually there is no car.)

Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2217

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 12:16:50 AM

TL;DR

Apart from the fact this is in the Reputation thread, not the Scam Accusation thread, can you post a TX of the loan that you gave please?

Lionidas (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 09:58:31 PM

TL;DR

Apart from the fact this is in the Reputation thread, not the Scam Accusation thread, can you post a TX of the loan that you gave please?
I knew someone would say that so I posted it there too:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1668701.0

TX for the $5 loan said he would pay back $8 but never did:
https://blockchain.info/tx/510e359fbe306b11aea7c93bf7203afe063e59819ba623e7d6667aecb516aa3e
Lionidas (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 10:37:32 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2016, 12:19:15 AM by Lionidas

Another alt of this loser exposed:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1693512.new;boardseen#new

Now trying to get people to cash out $100 in neteller for him which will result you getting scammed
out of that money in the end. Still connected to his failed poker addicted ways of a TRUE GAMBLING MANIC.Roll Eyes
Lionidas (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 07:27:05 PM

At it again!
Take 10$ BTC for it?

Pm me
Trying to buy another account in a lending forum to continue on with another scam attempt.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: