Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:56:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: why is it so hard to buy bitcoin  (Read 30153 times)
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 03:09:25 PM

If you do not want to provide your photo ID for buying bitcoins then go to those exchanges where they do not need your verification compulsory for have a full account on that exchanges. Then deposit your money to that exchanges and but bitcoins of how much you need to buy. For example go and create an account on yobit or any other exchange like that.

You can sell Bitcoin for USD on yobit but after that how can you withdraw USD without revealing your identity? I have never tried to do it myself, so maybe there is a way, but I thought you have to provide at least your CC number for that.
It is not a probem to deposit and withdraw USD to and from yobit because you can deposit to yobit from any okpay or perfect money account from any person whom you know so it will not show your identity and in the same way you can use any persons payment processor to withdraw USD from yobit.
In general, most exchanges have a simple process, for conversion and for withdrawal. I think most people who would have problems are people who do not want to reveal identity, but in that case I think the only solution would be to use some decentralized exchange. I do not know if those that exist are efficient enough, but I believe that the use of this kind of exchange will become more frequent in the future...
Decentralized exchanges are actually really good, but still early stage. I'm only aware of Bitsquare and Coinffeine and from what I've read they both work really well.
Another option would be to use the currency exchange section in this or other forums, with trustworthy people.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 03:40:38 PM

If you do not want to provide your photo ID for buying bitcoins then go to those exchanges where they do not need your verification compulsory for have a full account on that exchanges. Then deposit your money to that exchanges and but bitcoins of how much you need to buy. For example go and create an account on yobit or any other exchange like that.

You can sell Bitcoin for USD on yobit but after that how can you withdraw USD without revealing your identity? I have never tried to do it myself, so maybe there is a way, but I thought you have to provide at least your CC number for that.
It is not a probem to deposit and withdraw USD to and from yobit because you can deposit to yobit from any okpay or perfect money account from any person whom you know so it will not show your identity and in the same way you can use any persons payment processor to withdraw USD from yobit.

i know for a fact that you don't necessarily need to verify your identity with perfect money but also that means these methods of deposit and withdrawal of fiat have lots of fees involved. which means choosing these methods makes your trades so much less profitable.

and besides i do not trust yobit at all!

There is a FOMO brewing...
Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 03:42:19 PM

That is a good way for to buy bitcoin and deposit and withdraw from the yobit but sometimes the withdrawal hanp up and it take longer time as in my case it took more than 4 days and I was unable to get my money and I was in extreme need at that time.
grandy

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 08:25:17 PM

That is a good way for to buy bitcoin and deposit and withdraw from the yobit but sometimes the withdrawal hanp up and it take longer time as in my case it took more than 4 days and I was unable to get my money and I was in extreme need at that time.
yes yobit is also a good way of buying or selling bitcoin. i am using local exchange that is URDUBIT.COM from where i can easily buy and sell bitcoin without creating any issues, in fact it never create any problem to me and i am using it in a good way.
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 08:30:06 PM

What percent of your investment are you willing to lose while converting from fiat to BTC? I used paypal->virwox->Poloniex and that route took over 20% which is obviously ridiculous. I think paypal is the weak link here. Will probably go with localbitcoins from now on.
Paypal in that equation is certainly the weak link there.
They can even cause a break in the chain of the transfer if chargebacks ensure after the transaction on the bitcoin side completes. Just look at the mess ecoin wirex app creators are in with taking paypal as payments for it's customers. They do not have assurance that the people whom are sending paypal won't request their money back filing a dispute later on.
jovs

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2017, 08:32:14 PM

yes yobit is also a good way of buying or selling bitcoin. i am using local exchange that is URDUBIT.COM from where i can easily buy and sell bitcoin without creating any issues, in fact it never create any problem to me and i am using it in a good way.
Yobit is just bitcoin trading site like any other crypto currency exhange, it can't be used to buy bitcoin through fiat money. However, there is a trading site called coinsbase which can be used to make trading in the pair of fiat money-bitcoin. It is instant and easy to do. However, it is not capable to sll country. However, since in my country we have a bitcoin/ fiat money converter called coins.ph, we sre able to do that in easiest way. It is still better if there is wallet/money exchanger like that in all country so that buying/ selling bitcoin would be easier for us.
Skarner21

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2017, 09:14:33 PM

I have tried to buy bitcoin only one ce and this transaction didn't have any success. I have tried YoBit and this transaction didn't passed. Can you recommend another exchanger where I can buy a bitcoin?
There are many sites where you can buy sell bitcoin easily. You can buy & sell Bitcoin on paxful and localbitcoins site. Both are the safe and secure site. you can but bitcoin with any payment processor. There have a lot of payment processor, So why you can choose anyone that suitable for you. Nowadays buying & selling bitcoin very easy. You will get a lot of youtube videos about ''How to buy sell on paxful'' , just search it on your browser.
Those site or exchange site are not all country are accepted.. they are only have selected country that you can buy bitcoins..
There are country that you can buy bitcoins in local merchant like in india they have zebpay here in my country we had coins.ph and other exchange site that actually accepting to buy bitcoin using credit card or virtual payment.. like in uk revolut here in my country paymaya.. or any secured virtual payment processor..
So for me its not hard to buy but you should always check the security of your payment methods. .

Make crypto as your bank.
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 09:42:32 AM

I have tried to buy bitcoin only one ce and this transaction didn't have any success. I have tried YoBit and this transaction didn't passed. Can you recommend another exchanger where I can buy a bitcoin?

There are many sites from where you can buy bitcoins and also sell your bitcoins, I would  suggest you  localbitcoins.com for buying and selling of your bitcoins because this site is one of the best site and a safe too. Try localbitcoins for buying coins i am sure you will have a good or better experience than Yobit.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 01:38:27 AM

I wouldn't say it's hard to buy bitcoin I'd say that people are just forced to follow rules such as KYC which forces people to get verification of identity verification to make sure you are who you say you are. This isn't due to the legit exchanges just wanting to know random information, they're forced into getting this data by the governments.

I personally have no problem verifying my identity on a site like coinbase but others may, I guess you'll be forced to pay a higher percentage fee for using a service such as LBC or Paxful.
It is not only the exchanges that are doing KYC, since there are  a lot of scams in the world of bitcoin then traders need to protect themselves by asking this information from potential buyers, it is not what we want but scammers have ruined it for all of us.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 04:25:39 AM

I wouldn't say it's hard to buy bitcoin I'd say that people are just forced to follow rules such as KYC which forces people to get verification of identity verification to make sure you are who you say you are. This isn't due to the legit exchanges just wanting to know random information, they're forced into getting this data by the governments.

I personally have no problem verifying my identity on a site like coinbase but others may, I guess you'll be forced to pay a higher percentage fee for using a service such as LBC or Paxful.
It is not only the exchanges that are doing KYC, since there are  a lot of scams in the world of bitcoin then traders need to protect themselves by asking this information from potential buyers, it is not what we want but scammers have ruined it for all of us.

That’s the only reason that I am unable to get a virtual credit card. I don’t have passport or driving license or voting card yet but I have other identity cards issued by the government but these exchanges and services are refusing to accept it (I am even ready to click a selfie with my documents for verification), I don’t know why these sites are rejecting a document issued by the government (having constitutional status of the government).
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 10:10:27 AM

I wouldn't say it's hard to buys btc...
In fact it's rather easy, there are dozens of sites selling btc and you can see a lot in signature of the forum Grin
But it's freaking expensive!!!
You always have to pays around 10% of various fees whenever you want to buy some!
Unless you use local bitcoin, which is for me the best of the best of bitcoin trading website.
The main problem is the unavailability of guys that actually exchange money for bitcoins. I think till we keep using sites and services for exchanges the fees would always be high. Contacting a local guy and trading with him is much easier.

The best way for me right now to buy bitcoins is via perfectmoney which I get from a user in my skype for bank money and that I give to exchange sites for getting BTC at 0 % !
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 11:59:05 PM

To buy this bitcoin is not hard, as long as you have enough money to buy then it will be no matter anymore. But here is the problem, people never know when to buy because for now bitcoin price is so high and we never know when it drops so it is just like gamblijg if you want to buy the coin right now with this price. May be this is the reason many people said hard to buy
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 01:23:58 AM

I have not really bought any bitcoin in a while, i have been mostly trading this last year.  but i have been trying to buy today from localbitcoins and bittylicious and it has been a real challenge.  they want photos of me holding cards on localbitcoins and on bitty they need about 4 different forms of id, what is going on. 

this is seriously restrictive to anyone wanting to get into bitcoin,  like its meant to be pseudonymous but if the gate ways into bitcoin dont allow that people will be put off.    Huh
Is there any policy that our id's are going to be safe how if they will going to use that into frauds like loaning in some banks then we are going to be suffer i will not trust this kind of bitcoins but they have rights to do it because of fraud happening in the world. People now are smart they can do every thing they want.

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 01:39:03 AM

To buy this bitcoin is not hard, as long as you have enough money to buy then it will be no matter anymore. But here is the problem, people never know when to buy because for now bitcoin price is so high and we never know when it drops so it is just like gamblijg if you want to buy the coin right now with this price. May be this is the reason many people said hard to buy
You got it completely wrong, it is not what we are talking about here. Bitcoin properties are not important. We don't care about high BTC price or its volatility.
We hare discussion legal problems and hassle of users who need to use 3rd party services, p2p trading or other ways to buy BTC.

And I say it again, buying BTC is not harder than opening a bank account. It is people who are making it appear like something far more complicated.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:05:31 AM

Every place have their own bitcoin shop the different is whenever they enable bitcoin transaction on your country.
For example : some country forbid bitcoin usage or even against law

Luckily I have my own local bitcoin which enable me to convert bitcoin into fiat in haste
Antesth

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 12:34:10 PM

I wouldn't say it's hard to buys btc...
In fact it's rather easy, there are dozens of sites selling btc and you can see a lot in signature of the forum Grin
But it's freaking expensive!!!
You always have to pays around 10% of various fees whenever you want to buy some!
Unless you use local bitcoin, which is for me the best of the best of bitcoin trading website.
I agree with what you are saying and i never had any problems with buying Bitcoin.
But if you want to buy a Bitcoin you have to pay over $1,200 and that is without the fees that come extra.
culuuton

Activity: 1590
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 12:37:03 PM

It probably has to do with government regulation. Localbitcoins is probably the easiest way to get bitcoin. Meet up with someone and purchase directly. But still..
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1274
Merit: 356

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 12:55:43 PM

Every place have their own bitcoin shop the different is whenever they enable bitcoin transaction on your country.
For example : some country forbid bitcoin usage or even against law

Luckily I have my own local bitcoin which enable me to convert bitcoin into fiat in haste
Yes, that's true. There are bitcoin shops in the local as long as it is approved by the local government. Although there are some country not accepting bitcoin because of its issue of its anonimity even doesn't have exact reason for it to banned. In my country, I'm using a coinsph where you could cash in the wallet then convert it into bitcoin.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 12:58:06 PM

I have not really bought any bitcoin in a while, i have been mostly trading this last year.  but i have been trying to buy today from localbitcoins and bittylicious and it has been a real challenge.  they want photos of me holding cards on localbitcoins and on bitty they need about 4 different forms of id, what is going on. 

this is seriously restrictive to anyone wanting to get into bitcoin,  like its meant to be pseudonymous but if the gate ways into bitcoin dont allow that people will be put off.    Huh
Because they implementing anti fraud to anyone they dont want them to have a problem to the card owners also they dont want to get dispute transaction thats why if you really want to buy then follow there rules and conditions
LeGaulois
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 4095

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 07:41:57 PM

Never ever i needed to give any of my ID information when i wanted to buy bitcoin. Do you have a bank account because it's the most easy and fast to buy bitcoin and you won't need to use site like localbitcoin or ugly site like bittylicious

████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: