Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:14:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump being new POTUS - how it will affect Bitcoin in the long run?  (Read 2658 times)
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 05:43:29 PM

Who from here can predict Trump plans in next few years. With his actions he can make some chaos in this world. As corporation man he is deeply involved in almost everything so we need to be prepared for everything.
What ever he do I don't think he can effect bitcoin too much, bitcoin have its on way no matter who is president and what country is it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 05:50:27 PM

Anything USEFUL about bitcoin mostly comes from the United States like developers, entrepreneurs,  users,  and business infrastructure.  The only things coming from China are daytraders, crazy fake exchanges, and massive asic mining farms that we don't need. Things like Brexit and Cyprus effecting the price is a myth from traders.  What's going on in the US is much more important in the long run and the US is the only world superpower that supports bitcoin
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 08:26:57 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2016, 09:35:54 PM by deisik

Trump policy will not be helping Bitcoin or any other crypto for that matter.
He will crack down on bitcoin like it's a big crime syndicate. Bitcoin goes directly against everything Trump stands for both phylosophically and economically/technically.
Regulations will be extremely strict or it will be outlawed completely.

If yiu think otherwise you have no udea about who Trump is and what Bitcoin is.

And who is Mr. Trump, do you know him personally or what?

I remember him threatening on multiple occurrences during all his presidential campaign to completely eradicate Obamacare, repeal and replace it, get rid of it, calling it a "big, fat, horrible lie" and a "total catastrophe". But then he meets with Obama himself as the president-elect, and now he says that he may "well keep at least two of the main provisions of the healthcare bill". I think you are mistakenly believing that Trump is stubborn like a donkey while in fact he is by far more accommodating than his competitor Clinton. Anyway, Bitcoin is too negligible and marginal to be Trump's primary concern for the time being

TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 09:19:47 PM

Donald Trump has stolen Bitcoin's thunder as the solution to centrism, corruption, a threatened dollar, impending wars, collapsing markets, burdensome regulations, and high taxes. He is going to make fiat great again.
uki (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 01:39:15 PM

I bump my thread, as we are now three months wiser. It looks like my short term prediction about an immediate influence of the presidential election in the US on Bitcoin was correct. Now, the question is, how long will this Trump-fear induced Bitcoin rally will last?

this space is intentionally left blank
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 01:46:13 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2017, 02:48:05 PM by deisik

I bump my thread, as we are now three months wiser. It looks like my short term prediction about an immediate influence of the presidential election in the US on Bitcoin was correct. Now, the question is, how long will this Trump-fear induced Bitcoin rally will last?

I guess the reality is a far cry from what you professed

Short-term effect is rather evident - weaker dollar, stronger Bitcoin

The US dollar is nowhere near about being weak or weaker

The USDX keeps pretty solid above the 100 mark. The Bitcoin price surge we are seeing right now obviously has nothing to do with Trump. On the contrary, folks from the US are in fact afraid that Trump might be strongly opposing Bitcoin in his "fight with terrorism". Though I don't think that he ever touches Bitcoin in his policy (e.g. by issuing an executive order outright prohibiting it), we still can't discard such a possibility completely and yet less fears associated with it. That should contribute to prices going down instead of rising

uki (OP)
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 02:29:23 PM

The US dollar is nowhere about being weak or weaker

The USDX keeps pretty solid above the 100 mark. The Bitcoin price surge we are seeing right now obviously has nothing to do with Trump. On the contrary, folks from the US are in fact afraid that Trump might be strongly opposing Bitcoin in his "fight with terrorism". Though I don't think that he ever touches Bitcoin in his policy (e.g. by issuing an executive order outright prohibiting it), we still can't discard such a possibility completely and yet less fears associated with it. That should contribute to prices going down instead of rising
USD is weaker in relation to Bitcoin - that was my statement, and I see it happening. I guess my initial post was clear in that regard. USDX is the relation of US$ to other fiat currencies.
Now regarding the second statement of yours. The influx of new money into Bitcoin we observe now and thus the price staying well above $1k level, may be exactly the effect of what smart money is doing: tell one thing openly and do the other behind the scenes. Once everybody in the mainstream media will start talking about how attractive Bitcoin is, it will be time to sell, not to buy it.

deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2017, 02:55:44 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2017, 03:26:51 PM by deisik

The US dollar is nowhere about being weak or weaker

USD is weaker in relation to Bitcoin - that was my statement, and I see it happening. I guess my initial post was clear in that regard. USDX is the relation of US$ to other fiat currencies.
Now regarding the second statement of yours. The influx of new money into Bitcoin we observe now and thus the price staying well above $1k level, may be exactly the effect of what smart money is doing: tell one thing openly and do the other behind the scenes. Once everybody in the mainstream media will start talking about how attractive Bitcoin is, it will be time to sell, not to buy it

O'really? Your other post tells a very different story (emphasis added):

Sure, China leads the game no doubt about it. But having unsecure situation at the markets and a weaker dollar, smart money may look for another places to be. Gold is a secure bet at the moment, but some money may flow into Bitcoin, too

You needn't try to shift your original point now (better check your other posts as well next time). It was perfectly clear right from the start that you talked about a weak(er) dollar overall (which is nowhere to be seen so far), i.e. in respect to gold and other currencies (which is what USDX basically shows). In any case, today's Bitcoin prices have nothing to do with Trump and his policies, even if it may in fact be what smart money is doing (as you claim). Personally, I doubt that, essentially because Bitcoin has been very resilient after what the Chinese authorities did in January

uki (OP)
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 07:25:36 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2017, 07:54:09 PM by uki

O'really? Your other post tells a very different story (emphasis added):

Sure, China leads the game no doubt about it. But having unsecure situation at the markets and a weaker dollar, smart money may look for another places to be. Gold is a secure bet at the moment, but some money may flow into Bitcoin, too

You needn't try to shift your original point now (better check your other posts as well next time). It was perfectly clear right from the start that you talked about a weak(er) dollar overall (which is nowhere to be seen so far), i.e. in respect to gold and other currencies (which is what USDX basically shows). In any case, today's Bitcoin prices have nothing to do with Trump and his policies, even if it may in fact be what smart money is doing (as you claim). Personally, I doubt that, essentially because Bitcoin has been very resilient after what the Chinese authorities did in January
I guess, being a non-English speaker, that may be a language issue. I thought my original post and the post you cite were clear that I refer to weaker dollar (in relation to Bitcoin), as a short-term effect of Trump election. For me however, the main point for opening this thread, was to hear the opinions about the long-term influence of Trump's presidency. The smart money entering now the Bitcoin scene may be one of the things I was asking about.

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 01:32:26 PM

Bitcoin is mostly about the United states

No it is not. The big move in bitcoin that made it mainstream came in 2013 when Cyprus confiscated the savings of it's people to bail out the banks.

Basically countries like the USA and UK, which have had a very long period of rule of law, are not the drivers of bitcoin because the dollar and pound are trusted by their citizens. The same goes for Sweden and Denmark, they are stable countries who control their own currency.

Bitcoin is of benefit to those countries who DON'T have the rule of law and are thus very dangerous. So Argentina, Venezuela, various places in Africa and Asia, and the eurozone countries. 

The biggie for Bitcoin is March 2017, when France has it's elections. One of the candidates wants to leave the euro. Changing currency brings instability and I expect funds will rush into bitcoin, gold, the dollar, pound and swiss franc just before the election.

You overestimate bitcoin by too much.
Be realistic. Bitcoins marketcap is barely 19 billions.
And 2013 was all mt. Gox.

If there will be a black swan event in the coming years we will be lucky if just 1% of money enters bitcoin (which will give us easily a x10).

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌