Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:53:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Anyone Interested in a Private Banking Solution for BITCoin? FULLY OUT OF GOV'T and Big Bank and Wall Street Hand?  (Voting closed: October 02, 2013, 01:06:04 AM)
Yes - 18 (20.7%)
No - 16 (18.4%)
Maybe - 16 (18.4%)
WE NEED THIS! - 12 (13.8%)
We Do Not Need That! - 25 (28.7%)
Total Voters: 87

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi! BitCoin Fully Decentralized Hard Asset Backed Bank!  (Read 5996 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 03:42:02 PM

Trendon used a "black box" and told you that you would get your BTC back plus interest.

These bozos also use a "black box" but are telling you up front that you will get back less BTC than you put in.

I guess that makes them more honest than Trendon.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
clownius

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:44:21 PM

I was more commenting on the fact that it appears on these forums.  I know Moderation of a busy forum is a never ending task but it would be nice to see a few of the obvious scams get locked/moderated.

The actual BitCoin itself i have no problem with or i wouldnt be here.

In fact what amazes me most is people actually get caught as much as anything.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:47:27 PM

I guess it is better if the common user isn't walled from the threat of scams so they learn to remain watchful instead of being left in a state of innocence ready to be picked by any scammer that manages to fly under the radar...

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:51:13 PM

I was more commenting on the fact that it appears on these forums.  I know Moderation of a busy forum is a never ending task but it would be nice to see a few of the obvious scams get locked/moderated.

The moderators don't believe in heavy censorship.  They don't delete anything other than obvious trolling, illegal activity, or violation of forum rules.  Potential scams are not acted upon.  In the decentralized nature of Bitcoin, users should take personal responsibility for their own wealth. 
clownius

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:57:12 PM

The moderators don't believe in heavy censorship.  They don't delete anything other than obvious trolling, illegal activity, or violation of forum rules.  Potential scams are not acted upon.  In the decentralized nature of Bitcoin, users should take personal responsibility for their own wealth. 

Interesting way to run things.  Hope it works out over the long term.
David Rabahy

Activity: 709
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:45:50 PM

Cool!  Thanks Rob for the 0.0006653 BTC.  As the first contributor I will always remember you.  I will put your name at the top of the chronological list in the source code.

Rob's the only one that's given me anything toward my HQBR (high quality begging robot).  You other folks are missing the boat.

16V9UivwWtp6iGsaRnWycUjZJBcDDQRmV4

With this small funding I will start developing the HQBR.

Hmm, I think I'll work in AutoIt http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/ at first; it will be quick to get something working but I can imagine it won't scale.  Oh, shoot, I've run out of funds but at least I've made progress.

Unfortunately without additional funding I will not be able to finish the development; as such none of the funding plus can be returned yet.
and0r

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:47:54 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2013, 10:50:44 PM by and0r

420blazenuggetsfag
Stampbit

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:53:11 PM

We have a bank, its called our wallet! What we need is an easy way to transfer coins into our normal bank accounts so we can use things like google wallet or regular debit cards to make purchases.
alexh

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:54:16 PM

Yea, we need some kind of credit card loadable with bitcoins.
laffenlarry (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 10:53:30 PM

LOL Oh some of you people are so entertaining!

20'000 people shot annually in the USA
over 300'000'000 Guns in the country
40'000'000 people in desperate poverty
50'000'000 people who can't afford a big mac

and it gets worse from there.. but you know all this already right?! So we don't need to really lay it out for you.

you people think there's no inflation!
YOu use to buy a 1kg jar of peanut butter now you but 750 ml for the same price.
you use to buy 2 lts of OJ now it's 1.75
you use to buy a Quart of Ice cream and it was a Quart, but no more

and you still pay the same prices - that's called inflation dumb dumb!

your real estate has tumbled and crashed!

your economy is failing, faltering and about to fall off a precipice.

your Wall Street run rife with corruption, and hemorrhaging money, funds, capital

your teachers who teach you your wonderful education that's about 4 years behind the rest of the modern world, enjoy, we see what it has taught you

YOu people watch far too much CNN if you think you're little Bitcoin has a chance on it's own.

The Dollar will drop to between 60 and 50 cents.

But you don't have to believe us.

As a matter of fact, after much thought, we'd probably prefer to just let america sink now; all on it's own.

So continue you shouting, your rants and tirades.

What you have overlooked is that there are people who know we ARE right. Those are the only ones we care about.

So, I suppose that's our entry into the day, hello again everyone!
dflatline

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 11:59:21 PM

I'm not from or in the USA, Robert.
laffenlarry (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 12:05:56 AM

I'm not from or in the USA, Robert.

You, after your displays here, your actions, lack of perception or forthought, leading you to acting upon your misconception and shooting yourself in the foot, are the last person, Sir, that I would ever listen to, and surely are the last person I shall entertain with a reply hereafter should you care to continue with contributions to the conversation; as you've clearly shown yourself to be either a madman, entirely delusional, or recenlty release from some type of "care" facility.

I have chosen to not delete any posts for the simple fact that I like open conversations, I have allowed you to keep you say and your beliefs. I didn't have to.

You go play in your little puddles little man. Enjoy them. And don't forget your meds.
dflatline

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:22:44 AM

You mad? You sound mad.
laffenlarry (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 01:08:01 AM

We have a bank, its called our wallet! What we need is an easy way to transfer coins into our normal bank accounts so we can use things like google wallet or regular debit cards to make purchases.

After re-reading major portions of the thread, and yes I will get to other entries as time allows, but thank you for this posting, contributor.

This is a valid question which requires answering and a solution.

So, what is it you NEED (OR THINK you need) in relation to services that would:
1) Provide you to maintain your purchasing power
2) Provide you with access and movability of funds
3) How would you prefer to transact? In Bitcoin? A Currency? Or, an Account which held an Equivalent Value to a currency you Choose (Here let's assume you live in the US and wish to bank in Euros, or were in Europe and wished to bank in the US; for exemplars).
4) What do you find difficult or inconvenient about your day to day banking?
5) Are you happy with the fees you are paying?
6) Are you currently being paid interest?
7) If there was a solution available that would provide you with preserving real value and purchasing power, but you could easily use bitcions - then was kinds of fees would you find acceptable (you can provide any ranges you wish)
Cool And any further comments you'd like to bring up to discuss, so we can apply our it to our models and see how your Responses would play out, in turn allowing us to refine our structures and foundations.
9) If you could change 3 things immediately about the way you bank (or transaction for purchasing or transfering money) what they be?
10) Would you like to bank in another currency than your local currency?

We'd Love To Hear From You! Either here in public, or you can email your answers to info@bgmco.info !

Thanks again for your comment!
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 01:37:45 AM

I think we've finally found someone with a less coherent "business plan" than dank.
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 01:49:50 AM

How the hell is this thread still alive? I thought it was a joke to pass some time and posts in order to get out of the newbie area? I could come up with a better business plan breeding sheep and pigs together that fly.

- aka The "DigiMan"
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 01:54:14 AM

How the hell is this thread still alive? I thought it was a joke to pass some time and posts in order to get out of the newbie area? I could come up with a better business plan breeding sheep and pigs together that fly.
Now that is something that I would invest in - ahead of this.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
laffenlarry (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 01:58:02 AM

Interesting. But we have set forth no plan.

Thus far, we have made no more than suggestions, comments, statements, and we assess the feedback.

Yes, there is a plan.

No, we have not put it here.

But, you may do as some of the others and choose to mislead yourself to whatever final conclusion you want.

The reason the thread is still alive, is because there is interest. The poll will confirm that there is interest. But just because some people choose not to participate in the conversation here in public, does not mean we do not watch how many times this thread is viewed, bumped to the top, replied to, and participation in the voting poll.

But, you sit back and have your coffee and your entertainment from all you read as much as you want.
BitcoinTate

Activity: 224

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:52:34 AM

But, you sit back and have your coffee and your entertainment from all you read as much as you want.

Forget the coffee! It's Saturday night, i'm drinking beer buddy! If you where here i'd take you to the bar and we could discuss your plan in greater detail. Then we would figure out how the first investment your bank would make would be in my flying sheep-pig Smiley

- aka The "DigiMan"
laffenlarry (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 03:15:33 AM

Always the cheerful party aren't you Tate. I hope you are enjoying your brew.

Perhaps A Basal Overview of the theories and concepts may be in order at this point. This was written entirely on the fly, so forgive me for being brief and not overly descript.

I's not a grand idea, or anything spectacular; what it is though is an attempt to remove borders. To Modernize.

Let's say that you go out your door, walk across the street, or get in your car, and go to your local bank (A Big Bank, or a Little Community Bank or Credit Union).

You Deposit Your Money to your account, any account you may currently hold.

You make a purchase somewhere; maybe by POS Transaction, or by Cash, or by Check (For those who use them), etc.

This purchase let's say is for a car.

The car has a stick price, a value.

So you get your check book out, or your debit card, or you cash, and purchase your car.

The transaction concludes.

Pretty simple, and it's how the world works at the moment; basic fundamental rudimentary services.

Now, the car has a value, let's say $20'000.00 USD, or EU15'000.00, or whatever.

You find a deal overseas, or locally, or anywhere.

You choose to contact the seller of said item, and they say, sure we'd love to sell you the car.

Excellent, you have saved some money (how you get it to you logistically is not our concern, that's up to you, the import charges imposed by governments, taxes, tariffs, etc, ad infinitum).

But, let's assume you could complete and conclude the transaction in an Internationally Standardized Unit of Exchange. For all intents and purposes let's just call it an International Exchange Unit.

And, let's say that BitCoin was used for transactions, instead of Cash, Check, POS, etc, etc., ad infinitum.

Now: There are some (well lots of) systems which inter-operate; there are governments and their laws, fees, levies, etc, etc., there are regulations, there are foreign exchange rates, there are a plethora of intricacies - but they only apply to the present systems that are currently in place).

Now: Let's assume this Inter-nation Exchange Unit could be bought, sold, purchased, traded, just like cash today, just like paper, but not paper. Rather a Virtual Unit, that used BitCoin for Transactions and Clearing.

Then: How is there government participation - they will want their money, a cut, a tax, something - you'd be right. Also, isn't there foreign exchanges, handling charges and fees, etc, etc., - yes, of course.

But let's say you did not transact in the currency of the nation; but rather the currency of the globe. A real fungible, tangible item. And that BitCoin was the Universale Conversion Unit.

Now: let's say that banks were not buildings, not places, but rather exactly what they are suppose to be - banks. A place store value, hold value, transfer value securely, and perhaps earn interest. But, that bank was not on a street - rather it was a Virtual Kiosk.

So: You could go online, to your smartphone, or perhaps a brick and mortar (as purely virtual banks at this point absolutely bring rise to a mistrust, if nothing else due to power outages, virus, hacks, etc, etc, so a Brick n Mortars will absolutely be required, what form they would take has not yet been determined).

Now: Let's say there are hundreds of thousands; a bank of your choosing; like a credit union; but not in any 'country' per say; but rather as an Internodal Network. You can select, choose, use any "banking facility you choose" - pretty good competition and real price setting mechanisms come about. Rather than concentrated work pools of 1000's in 1 location, there could be 100 in 10 locations, servicing maybe 1000-5000 clients (numbers not dtermined yet); and that institution (which of course we be a registered and regulated institution with their country) simply allowed world wide clients, instead of simply off shores, or suffering banking account opening restrictions.

Let's say a person from an other country (an immigrant) chooses to move and relocate to another country; wouldn't it be more convenient to keep thier local account that they've always had? And what if it was cheaper for them to bank there, and paid them interest; in contract to let's say a local brick and mortar in the new country.

But this is all preliminary; we've only been thinking about this as Bitcoin is gaining popularity, and are seeing how a new system of "little globally placed banks as independent operations, decentralized" would compare, or place, versus the old system and the security and valuation issues with Bitcoin until it stabilizes.

No Big Stuff right now - just thoughts, and seeing if there is interest. (yes, this is not a detailed overview).

But it is an idea in decentralization and globalization through independent 'banking systems' via a global network, strung together by bitcoin. Which we find facinating. But we do not know enough about the whole BitCoin thing, and are learning, and exploring at the same time.

I hope this puts some of you at ease.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: