Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:38:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price Chart: April 9th = $200, April 15th = $300  (Read 10104 times)
BitcoinTate (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:00:17 PM

* Viceroy asks while bowing at BitcoinTate

How far can we go, sir?   

When will it crash, sir?

Well my young apprentice, the farthest point we can observe is currently about 42 billion light years (the distance that light has been able to travel since the big bang began).

So if we take that and put it on an exponential graph and then double our answer we might be close!

As to a crash? What's a crash? I am sorry, I am not familiar with this term Wink

augh i was the first to post after mr tate...IM FAMIOUS BY KNOWING SOMEONE FAMIOUS! hahaha .... I was thinking he might be a bit crazy but also understanding what the gaph was suggesting and what the coins might do. so i went out and bought some damn bitcoins! hoooo rayyyy tate is the man!!!! ok lets start a new thread with your predictions. also make a low ball and a high ball prediction, that would be cool.

+1 lol!  I love it. Glad you made the switch to BTC! I have had several people message me today... had no idea this thread would have this amount of impact! Smiley

So in response to its inaugural posting I will be making a more detailed chart with more evidence to back it up for next weeks prediction. High ball & low ball is a good idea. After all, math doesn't lie Smiley

I will try to get it done before I leave tomorrow on a three week business trip. (Gotta go make some more fiat to dump into BTC.)

- aka The "DigiMan"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:25:58 AM

It is so funny to see so many self proclaimed experts on the price not hitting an upwards price then to be proven wrong a week later.

It is also the same amount of funny when people pat themselves on the back for seeing the price hit what they predicted...

I forsee BitCoins being worth more tomorrow than they were today!

.. done ..

where is  your graph? and so far your wrong. where i live it has decreased from yesterday. down ten bucks. hummmmm.

PachucoBro

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 03:38:53 AM

where is  your graph? and so far your wrong. where i live it has decreased from yesterday. down ten bucks. hummmmm.

Doh! I musta left my graph in my other post...

and I am not wrong because I just posted that 8 hours ago... Where I live when you say tomorrow at 3pm in the afternoon, it means atleast  16 or 17 hours from then... Keep watching.
BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:59:11 AM

Shit, I was out of cell service for 8 hours and all hell broke loose! Damn you Bitcoin, I want an invitation to the party next time!Lol!

Just have to point out my chart showed a crash floor of $150 (which looks to be where the price first stabilized after the madness).

We have all seen this before.... bunch of newbie dumb asses put in "market" orders when gox started lagging and learned all about getting "goxxed." Shit i did it back in the $30s and learned my lesson (of course the price only tanked $10 lol).

See you all next Monday @ $300.00! Smiley "Long live the coin! Here, here!"

- aka The "DigiMan"
PachucoBro

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 02:32:17 AM

I don't know... we will all have to wait maybe 24 hours before we see the final effects of today.

i am pretty sure the drop turned off plenty of people who were already in.... and definitely will be scaring off any people who were new waiting to get in.

We shall see... I got lagged... hit cancel a ton of times... AND STILL GOX took me out at the lowest possible price of $106.00!

But with some time... I got my self back in and with the swings in the aftermath I am only short $200 at this moment. I am all in at $173 so... here's to it recovering.

CHEERS!
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:41:27 AM

I don't know... we will all have to wait maybe 24 hours before we see the final effects of today.

i am pretty sure the drop turned off plenty of people who were already in.... and definitely will be scaring off any people who were new waiting to get in.

We shall see... I got lagged... hit cancel a ton of times... AND STILL GOX took me out at the lowest possible price of $106.00!

But with some time... I got my self back in and with the swings in the aftermath I am only short $200 at this moment. I am all in at $173 so... here's to it recovering.

CHEERS!

Yes, it scared off the weak ass weak hands who were in the market and lost their coins, and it probably also scared away some of the week hands that weren't in the market, haha.
PachucoBro

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 02:44:47 AM

I was one of the weak ones... for good reason. Today was the first day since April 1st I was going to be onsite at a customer's place working with no internet connection and no fooling around watching charts during the day. LOL

I say it plumeting and happened to grab ahold of someone's laptop in the lobby for 5 minutes to place a Market order at around $190.

later in the afternoon I see that GOX took me out at $106.... REALLY?!  The low was like $105 for the entire day. So I guess all the people and 4-6 hours... my market order was like near last to get filled... WHAT LAG!  Tongue
BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:36:17 AM

If I had been in cell service and not staking mining claims in a remote ass wildneress I would have done the same thing. At the end of the day we are only human. Have faith but do the math. Bitcoin has now way mathematicaly but to be zero or worth a fortune! Coins are still cheap!

- aka The "DigiMan"
ruski

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 08:40:08 AM

I say it plumeting and happened to grab ahold of someone's laptop in the lobby for 5 minutes to place a Market order at around $190.

later in the afternoon I see that GOX took me out at $106.... REALLY?!

Panic sellers, you have seen the enemy, and he is you.

Point at this guy. POINT AT THIS GUY AND LAUGH.

Market order
$190

PachucoBro

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 02:02:50 PM

later in the afternoon I see that GOX took me out at $106.... REALLY?!

Panic sellers, you have seen the enemy, and he is you.

Point at this guy. POINT AT THIS GUY AND LAUGH.

Market order
$190

Way to take things out of context... the rest of my story was that I was onsite at a customer's location and could not sit there and monitor my BTC. Therefore I had to get out and I had 5 minutes of using a stranger's laptop to make that choice. It was a good choice. Especially, at this moment when the price is down to $115 again.

There is nothing wrong with making a Market Sell. There was no 'Panic' in the sell, there was a decision made that... yup, it's gonna go lower. I can't sit here and adjust sell orders or wait for bounces. I need to get out and get back to work.

Also, the rest of my story shows how I got about 90% of my losses back after I got off work trading the bounces... and now with the prices where they are at.... I am at a loss again and it wasn't a 'Panic Sell'.

Wow some people want to call everyone a Panic Seller just because they feel the price is going to go down and want out.
julius

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 03:29:52 PM

You failed.
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:01:38 PM

I don't blame MtGox for the crash but they triggered it.

The bubble was bound to burst, but I think we had a little more time, days or even weeks but it would. If it wasn't for the lag from the exchange that triggered panic selling we would have seen $300 by the 15th, probably sooner. The lag popped the bubble a little pre-maturely though and we never made it to $300.

We will get there again though, it will just take a little to recover.
Manticore

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:22:16 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 02:09:06 AM by Manticore

How far can we go, sir?  

When will it crash, sir?

Well my young apprentice, the farthest point we can observe is currently about 42 billion light years (the distance that light has been able to travel since the big bang began).

So if we take that and put it on an exponential graph and then double our answer we might be close!

As to a crash? What's a crash? I am sorry, I am not familiar with this term Wink

No worries. Perhaps you are now familiar with this term.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:27:34 PM

Still high trading volume, but no lag. The big difference between now and a week ago is the price is going down. I guess the DDOS attackers don't care if that happens.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Manticore

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:35:07 PM

Still high trading volume, but no lag. The big difference between now and a week ago is the price is going down. I guess the DDOS attackers don't care if that happens.

The DDoS lag excuse is mythology. Gox only lags out when the price goes down.
Manticore

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:35:59 PM

And they blame the sell-off on the lag. It's a convenient excuse.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 05:49:50 PM

And they blame the sell-off on the lag. It's a convenient excuse.

Parrot parroting parrots

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Manticore

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 06:17:04 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2013, 06:57:16 PM by Manticore

How would a nefarious DDoS attack squad profit from completely destroying Bitcoin? Seriously? And at this point how would a DDoS even be successful in dropping the price now that everyone has been fooled into believing this DDoS nonsense? It's an excuse that, if believed, would boost the price because everyone would stop selling whenever we have a lag.

If anything, the lag prevents a sell-off. Is Bitcoin really so fragile that a temporary lag annihilates the currency? If so, that is even scarier than the supposed DDoS attacks.

Everyone acts as if Bitcoin's success is a foregone conclusion, so a shadowy group would aim to DDoS attack (assuming that creates a panic....doubtful) so they could pick up cheap coins because they will definitely be worth much more in the future.

No, that is not a business model. There is no guarantee that they will ever be worth more in the future.

The only entity that stands to benefit from lags are Mt Gox, IMO. The lag stems the sell-off, as I've posted ad nauseum. Having you believe this nonsense supports the price of bitcoins. The sell-off always starts prior to the lag. The system becomes unresponsive at key support levels and almost never breaks these levels (only during the crash). Tiny bot buys support the price fiercely and the price turns around.

Statements from Mt Gox would lead you to believe that the only time the price ever goes down is during is DDoS because Bitcoin simply doesn't go down.

Wuji

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 06:45:21 PM

How far can we go, sir?  

When will it crash, sir?

https://i.imgur.com/dbsg9RU.jpg

No worries. Perhaps you are you now familiar with this term.

Padawan was right once just like a coin is right 50% of the time if you continue to call the same side.  Grin  I think a lot of Padawan's may now be looking up the terms bubble and crash so, they can make more money next round.

I was hearing complaints on lag and DDOS as the bubble was inflating with USD.  Some folks seem to have very selective short term memories.
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 06:46:05 PM

April 15th is not over yet, I'm not giving up hope.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: