Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:09:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Price Chart: April 9th = $200, April 15th = $300  (Read 10104 times)
BitcoinTate (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:09:30 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 11:06:36 AM by BitcoinTate

Given the massive influx of people into BTC and the amount of media attention it has received in the last two weeks I predict BTC will hit $200 by April 9th and $300 by April 15th if the current trend continues.

If you look at the massive rise in Google searches for BTC along with the BTC client download increase and the 60,000 new accounts at Mt. Gox last month I believe the upward exponential trend will continue for at least two more weeks. There is a lot of capital right now waiting to flood into BTC.

Right now the wall at $300.00 is 44.88K BTC. So that's 44,880 BTC x $300 = $13,464,000.00

60,000 new accounts last month x $1,000 per new account = $60,000,000.00.

BTC is way under valued!

Small Red Horizontal Lines = Previous flash crash bottoms.

Black Trend Lines = 1 set for upper values, 1 set for flash crash bottom values.

Gray Trend Lines = Attempt at exponential trend line increase.

Green Dot = Price prediction point for $200 and $300.

Historically big price increases tend to occur on Mondays and Tuesdays after deposits clear from the weekend which is why I pick the 9th and 15th.

Please forgive the crudeness of the chart. Bears, what say you? Tell me why it wont happen? Smiley

EDIT: 4/8/2013:
A a few more hours to go till $200! Right on time! If you feel the urge to donate to my beer fund, here ya go Wink 16b43ukSUTNSfN5Yt4XgnYqdg8kEGoBf2s

EDIT: 4/9/2013
In the wee hours of April the 9th in the year of our Lord Darth Tater two thousand thirteen.... $200.000 baby!!!!

- aka The "DigiMan"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
XXthetimeisnowXX

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:31:32 AM

maybe explain the chart more, for those of us who want more layman terms understanding. I think i get it though
BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:40:45 AM

maybe explain the chart more, for those of us who want more layman terms understanding. I think i get it though
Is that better? Or do you still have questions?

- aka The "DigiMan"
Manticore

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:47:59 AM

I can't tell if this is a joke......but no, $200 and $300 are not happening by their respective dates.
BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 01:49:23 AM

I can't tell if this is a joke......but no, $200 and $300 are not happening by their respective dates.
Three weeks ago people would have said $147 was a joke.

- aka The "DigiMan"
thomashrev89

Activity: 190

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:00:33 AM

Three weeks ago people would have said $147 was a joke.

second that. 300usd @ 15 april is realistic

Manticore

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:00:43 AM

I said in various posts three or four weeks ago that this could easily go up to three digits (although I was cautious), so I don't think it was that far fetched.

The problem here is that you are assuming those account holders will be indiscriminately buying bitcoins at market price. Doubtful.

I'd like to know more about these accounts. Is 57000 the number of bonafide, funded accounts? Or does it include people that have simply signed up out of curiosity? I know several people that signed up at Mt. Gox but never funded their accounts.

BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:02:57 AM

I said in various posts three or four weeks ago that this could easily go up to three digits (although I was cautious), so I don't think it was that far fetched.

The problem here is that you are assuming those account holders will be indiscriminately buying bitcoins at market price. Doubtful.

I'd like to know more about these accounts. Is 57000 the number of bonafide, funded accounts? Or does it include people that have simply signed up out of curiosity? I know several people that signed up at Mt. Gox but never funded their accounts.

Good point. But it only takes 1 person to dump 10 million in Smiley

- aka The "DigiMan"
Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:04:53 AM

One single moderately wealthy person could take the price to 1000 or drop it to almost nothing. If they moved all in or out of the market.
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:06:33 AM

I see 1 account atm is putting up $1M ask walls at MtGox.
Manticore

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:08:52 AM

True, point taken.

I've debated several people on other threads who think that hedge funds will magically drive the price of bitcoin up by multiples.....but one has to assume that anyone injecting a large sum (fund manager or private individual) is probably smart enough to realize the incredible risk involved in single handedly driving the price up to astronomical levels. BTC is not liquid enough for big movers.

The best all of these speculators can hope for is having masses of little people nibble at the market to keep the price up. This sea is too shallow for whales.
Manticore

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:11:46 AM

Why does everyone think that wealthy investors are idiotic enough to single handedly drive the price up 10x? Why would anyone do that in a relatively illiquid market (at those quantities/levels)?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:12:03 AM

This little piggy stayed at home,
This little piggy had roast beef,
This little piggy had none.
And this ^ little piggy went...
"Wee wee wee" all the way home...

because he sold his bitcoins < $35, $50, $75, $100, $125

Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

BitcoinTate (OP)

DigiByte Founder

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:14:07 AM

I could see someone with a lot of money dumping 10 million in purely for egotistical reasons. Just to mess with Bitcoin.

- aka The "DigiMan"
Manticore

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:23:56 AM

I could see someone with a lot of money dumping 10 million in purely for egotistical reasons. Just to mess with Bitcoin.

I'm sorry you're having those delusions. Wealthy people are often much more frugal and/or careful than the average person, especially when it comes to their investments. How long would someone stay wealthy if they threw money around at every little deal that popped on their radar screen simply for the sake of ego??

Sure, it's possible we could go up higher than $300 one day......but not by April 15th.

Increased use of bitcoin for its utility is what will ultimately bring us higher in meaningful way. I wouldn't waste time hoping for some sort of dimwitted, wealthy savior to bring BTC up to $1000.
pera

Activity: 532
Merit: 261

­バカ

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:28:41 AM

I am with BitcoinTate: "bitcoin" is now the most searched term in Google Israel, MtGox+CoinLab, Bitcoin ATMs, news everywhere (including from Mastercard)..
I only hopes this is not growing "too fast".

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:33:55 AM

I am with BitcoinTate: "bitcoin" is now the most searched term in Google Israel, MtGox+CoinLab, Bitcoin ATMs, news everywhere (including from Mastercard)..

You hear that, Mastercard? That is the sound of inevitability.
Manticore

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:54:17 AM

You hear that, Mastercard? That is the sound of inevitability.

I'm not even sure what this blogger at Mastercard has to do with anything other than someone blogging about a topic that's been in the news (unless I missed something, please enlighten me).

I am bullish BTC, but this media driven speculation + hoarding is not helping BTCs long-term prospects IMO. I personally don't believe it can exist as a purely speculative asset. I would much rather see a gradual rise. There is too much risk in buying into a parabola.

If you care about BTC, you really don't want it to go to $300 by April 15th......
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 02:55:38 AM

Why do people draw straight lines on linear charts? I'd expect any real trends to be more relative (and thus, logarithmic).

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
Manticore

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:01:42 AM

I assumed this chart was part of the joke....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: