Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:16:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling my left over bit coin!  (Read 1431 times)
superside

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 02:48:28 PM

Church mission plus lurking silk road... yea i buy that
alphachigurl (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:26:13 PM

Thanks everyone for the abundant warning about scammers! it seems like they are more prevalent than I thought (considering apparently i am one too). whooo you guys are the best, so welcoming!
BTCBUDDY1

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:39:19 PM

guys she sais she do it with escrow.

I'm back.
mco65

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 03:55:02 PM

im confused? how would it end baddly she said she would accept paypal... if anything it would end bad for HER

Plenty of ways scammers can scam accepting PayPal.  Most legit users don't know all the ins and outs of PayPal convoluted claims process.  For example on a gift if you dispute it and state anything other than you didn't make it your account was compromised PayPal will err on the side of the giftee.  Most marks assume PayPal is safe if you do this, or safe if you don't do that.  The scammers know all the angles.

TL/DR you can get scammed buying OR selling with PayPal.

This is good advice!  It would behoove us all to pay attention!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4669

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:56:30 PM

Thanks everyone for the abundant warning about scammers! it seems like they are more prevalent than I thought (considering apparently i am one too). whooo you guys are the best, so welcoming!

Yes, there are a lot of scammers which has everyone always on high alert.  That would be the reason that there is a discussion pinned to the top of the Newbie section titled:
"Trust No One"

However, I'm willing to do this exchange for you under any of the following three conditions.

Either you send first, and once I see confirmations on the transaction I'll send you the money.

Or, you send to a mutually trusted escrow first, and once I see confirmations I'll send you the money.

If you are within a reasonable driving distance of Chicago, we can meet somewhere public and exchange cash for bitcoins.
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 03:59:04 PM

ludacris

This is not a word. This is a bunch of sounds strung together that refer to a piece of shit rap "artist".

111jjj

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:14:21 PM

I'm interested alphachigurl please Pm me for details.

-Thanks
Skinner73

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:31:33 PM

After reading most of the "Trust Nobody" thread, this smells a bit fishy
BTCBUDDY1

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:49:16 PM

You guys she has agreed to use john k's escrow service. ill update wit how my transaction goes, but i cant see an angle where i get scammed.
Step 1: she gives X amount of bitcoin to john k.
step 2. john k confirms he has recieved them  and it the transaction has gotten 2+ confirmations
step 3. i send her the paypal money
step 4.  john sends me the bitcoins
step 5. i tip john cuz hes a pimp, thats needs to clock dollars.

I'm back.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:54:30 PM

ludacris
This is not a word. This is a bunch of sounds strung together that refer to a piece of shit rap "artist".

I suppose it is possible that alphachigurl has never heard of the rap "artist" and simply misspelled "ludicrous".
BluesBrother

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:06:44 PM

I must be blind but I see two people mentioning this and I have read through the post 3 times and I don't see her agreeing to it?

Also those coins were probably not worth 6500 when she first got them but around 650.
Still if that's what's "left over" why not sell it on the exchange as people have suggested?

Get some extra pannies for you church trip and maybe help someone a little bit extra?
She obviously knows market value has soared...
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:08:26 PM

I must be blind but I see two people mentioning this and I have read through the post 3 times and I don't see her agreeing to it?

I suspect she agreed in a PM conversation with BTCBUDDY1.  It sounds like he has already begun the process, and I'm to late to get in on this.
BTCBUDDY1

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:11:15 PM

to protect her privacy, i wont c/p our PM'S but i can assure you all she agreed to do escrow.
@hamilton im only buyin 10 so you could probably still get in on it. if you do use john, TIP HIM C:

I'm back.
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:13:20 PM

to protect her privacy, i wont c/p our PM'S but i can assure you all she agreed to do escrow.
@hamilton im only buyin 10 so you could probably still get in on it. if you do use john, TIP HIM C:

Good - if yours go through, I would buy 10 too.
Ollebolle22

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:20:50 PM

I recently found out i'm going on a church mission for 2 years and I wont be allowed access to internet. Sad 

Is that what jail for a parole violation is called these days, "a church mission"?
Ok
BluesBrother

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:28:46 PM

If it gets through hit me up and I'll get 20 to play around with for our University Project.
Was to many weird turns in your post but what ever. It's not my place to comment afterall.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:30:10 PM

- snip -
if you do use john, TIP HIM C:

Absolutely.

As a matter of fact, that reminds me that I haven't tipped him yet for a transaction that he escrowed for me yesterday.  I've got to remember to take care of that when I get back to my wallet today.
BTCBUDDY1

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:47:40 PM

whats your line of work in the bitcoin world daannyy?

I'm back.
hubbabubbabaker

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Sometimes - history needs a push.

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 06:06:16 PM

Hebrews 13:16
Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.

Smiley How about starting your church mission early?

"To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy." -Sun Tzu
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 07:38:25 PM

whats your line of work in the bitcoin world daannyy?

I don't have a line of work in the bitcoin world.

In the real world (I suppose bitcoin can be considered part of the real world), I'm a computer programmer.

C, C++, Java, Bash, Ksh, Awk, Sed, PERL, Python, javascript, PHP, html, css, SCO Unix, Linux, MS DOS, Apache, Zend, Informix C-ISAM, MySql
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: