Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:21:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ZCash Classic, what a stupid name  (Read 2343 times)
Cashew (OP)

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 10:09:31 AM

So ZCash Classic is a fork of ZCash. But why the heck has it been called that way ? Ethereum Classic could be called that way because it was the original version of Ethereum, it's classic version. Frankly, I see no reason here except a lack of imagination or the will to have an ETC effect and being pumped, mined, and making ZCash easier to mine for them to have more ZEC.
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 10:23:58 AM

I agree, ETC is classic ethereum (pre-fork) and that's why it's named classic. However main purpose of Zcash Classic is to remove 20% fee that goes to foundation. However name is more than stupid....
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 11:05:37 AM

I suggest instead ZCrash, Ztrash, ZzzCoin, Zerrific, ZimpleCoin, Zlite, Ztreamline, Zleek, or Zmooth.

Or best of all: Zuckerberg
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 11:40:25 AM

Just another fork, which will bring more speculation regulation to the cryptocurrencies.

ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 1237

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 11:47:42 AM

Lol! Zcash for? So it means that it will be claimed as the real Zcash? Just like ETC claimed also? Do you think it will gain eyed watcher and speculators just like what happen on ETC? well lets just watch if this one will succeed  Grin but this would be interesting if zcash will got counter part and maybe it could lead do price downfall of the real zcash who knows

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 11:52:59 AM

Lol! Zcash for? So it means that it will be claimed as the real Zcash? Just like ETC claimed also? Do you think it will gain eyed watcher and speculators just like what happen on ETC? well lets just watch if this one will succeed  Grin but this would be interesting if zcash will got counter part and maybe it could lead do price downfall of the real zcash who knows

LOL? You think this is funny? The coin has $30k+ in daily trade volume almost right after it was listed on exchanges...

disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 03:09:11 PM

That was my observation concerning Zcalssic, that the name will not sell the project, ETC case is different from this, there are so many Bitcoin fork out there Litcoin, Dash, Doge and are all doing well years after been created. I think ZClassic will end up like Monero Classic, the team/developer should have picked another name Like Komodo did

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
MHopkins

Activity: 95
Merit: 45

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 05:36:58 PM

So ZCash Classic is a fork of ZCash. But why the heck has it been called that way ? Ethereum Classic could be called that way because it was the original version of Ethereum, it's classic version. Frankly, I see no reason here except a lack of imagination or the will to have an ETC effect and being pumped, mined, and making ZCash easier to mine for them to have more ZEC.

My preference would be dietZcash - due to the omission of the 'founder's reward'.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 06:14:22 PM

I suggest instead ZCrash, Ztrash, ZzzCoin, Zerrific, ZimpleCoin, Zlite, Ztreamline, Zleek, or Zmooth.

Or best of all: Zuckerberg
Yes Zuckerberg is a more suited name,people might think that finally Mark created his own coin,we have trumpcoin and one for hillary and why not one for Mark,

blackhawk101

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 07:16:22 PM

I think it's just Zclassic, they're still figuring out the logo. Been trading on three exchanges as ZCL for last week.
g3rszpi

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 07:50:46 PM

Its just a try to gain some popularity from the name of Zcash. Iguess there will be Dark ZCash, Lite ZCash, DarkLiteZCash and so on
iamnotback

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 12:41:51 AM

Its just a try to gain some popularity from the name of Zcash. Iguess there will be Dark ZCash, Lite ZCash, DarkLiteZCash and so on

Politically correct, not racist:

ZDarkN'Lite
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 12:49:15 AM

Your last sentence is very true. Judging by the very nature of the cryptosphere, any developer who has the skills and the motivation are here to make bitcoins by creating hype around a project. This brings me to a question. If most of the "altcoiners" really are intending to sell their scam coin and tokens for bitcoins, then are those "altcoiners" really bitcoiners right from the start?

If that is really the situation then being an altcoiner is really an illusion and the people supporting them are scamming themselves into thinking that they have a future.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
iamnotback

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 12:05:51 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2016, 12:18:14 PM by iamnotback

Your last sentence is very true. Judging by the very nature of the cryptosphere, any developer who has the skills and the motivation are here to make bitcoins by creating hype around a project. This brings me to a question. If most of the "altcoiners" really are intending to sell their scam coin and tokens for bitcoins, then are those "altcoiners" really bitcoiners right from the start?

If that is really the situation then being an altcoiner is really an illusion and the people supporting them are scamming themselves into thinking that they have a future.

Speaking as a developer of a vaporware altcoin, I think that is mostly the case, although I do think there are a few cases of developers who genuinely thought they could maybe do something as important as Bitcoin:

Dan Larimer
@fluffypony
Vitalik Buterin

These guys have lead a lot of innovation. However others might argue they are just raking in BTC and enjoying themselves farting around with hair-brained ideas which won't pan out to anything significant. I hope to be in their league but with a clearly not hair-brained design and concept. And in that way, I hope to do something challenging or better Bitcoin. But you shouldn't trust my words. Always look to the actions and results. Of the three above, I suppose @fluffypony is in the lead in terms of solidifying results, although Vitalik I think has had the biggest ideas/concepts impact with Dan a close second.

There are other examples which are less prominent. For example, since the developer of Byteballs is not selling any ICO and is awarding the tokens to anyone who can sign from a BTC address, then I think his intentions are very sincere (although I don't expect him to achieve anything near Bitcoin's scale).
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 12:32:42 PM

Speaking as a developer of a vaporware altcoin, I think that is mostly the case, although I do think there are a few cases of developers who genuinely thought they could maybe do something as important as Bitcoin:

Dan Larimer
@fluffypony
Vitalik Buterin

These guys have lead a lot of innovation. However others might argue they are just raking in BTC and enjoying themselves farting around with hair-brained ideas which won't pan out to anything significant. I hope to be in their league but with a clearly not hair-brained design and concept. And in that way, I hope to do something challenging or better Bitcoin. But you shouldn't trust my words. Always look to the actions and results. Of the three above, I suppose @fluffypony is in the lead in terms of solidifying results, although Vitalik I think has had the biggest ideas/concepts impact with Dan a close second.

There are other examples which are less prominent. For example, since the developer of Byteballs is not selling any ICO and is awarding the tokens to anyone who can sign from a BTC address, then I think his intentions are very sincere (although I don't expect him to achieve anything near Bitcoin's scale).

I'd agree that Fluffypony is in the lead (plus all the other Monero Devs who are working on the project https://github.com/monero-project/monero/graphs/contributors), since this is just coins, I'll leave our project out Tongue Though that includes some of the XMR crew--along with member(s) of MK's crew.

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 12:55:28 PM

ZCash Classic will not be successful when ZCash inflation is so great. We will need to wait for the bulk of the coins to be mined before we can determine the value of this coin. One thing for certain is the price of the coin will keep sliding down in the short to mid term so there is not much point in keeping this coin now.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 01:23:59 PM

So confusing name Zcash Classic. Maybe the name was created
just to give an inquisitive interest or just to captivate interest to others
traders. Also as I observed the price in the exchange was moving
down in the market.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2016, 04:09:31 PM

With at least 4 z related coin I am at lost on who's got the best deal I'm supporting zoincoin but I always end up looking on those z related coins and one time I lost buying a coin I thought it was the z that I want to buy I  ended up with the other that's being dump heavily.

Ayers
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1024

Bitcointalk Username: Ayers Bsc Wallet Address: 0x

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 06:15:39 PM

take a look at zcashdarkcoin, that is even stupid than this one, and classic just mean that there is no premine for the dev to me, the same way they did with etheruem, so it fit nicely, maybe just call it zclassic instead of zcash classic?

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 06:59:28 PM

Well, same reason Bitcoin Classic is called Bitcoin Classic... the guys doing it think that their way is the "classic way". It's pretty ridiculous, but it sells well.

How do they know they classic way of Zcash was to not do the 20% thing for the devs? If it was there listed from the start, I don't see a point. If Zcash developers betrayed the community with that 20% thing, then maybe the classic part has an actual reason to be called that way.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: