Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 02:51:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The press turns against us?  (Read 2572 times)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 11:16:59 PM

if they call this a bubble, what will they call 400$ bitcoins???

Bitcoin is not a bubble... bitcoin is a rice krispie square! snap, crackle, POP! Tongue

Edit: seriously tho, what do you call it when an asset has a justified exponential increase in price?

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 11:32:31 PM

Edit: seriously tho, what do you call it when an asset has a justified xponential increase in price?
An adoption curve.
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:19:56 AM

Seems like the press starts to turn against bitcoin, perhaps out of jealously or just their desire to "see the world burn". All my google news stories include the word "bubble".

1) I don't think the media cares either way when it comes to bitcoin, they are just reporting the news in this case

2) It's very normal for anyone to say bitcoin is in a bubble, it very well might be.  Typically when things skyrocket in value in a short period of time it results in a bubble.

People can argue all day weither or not BTC is in a bubble and if it's going to have a hard landing or not,  but it's certainly not weird for many people to view BTC as a bubble because it shows pretty much every sign you would need to show for something to be considered a bubble.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:44:28 AM

These articles are probably exactly what we need right now. If the popular sentiment is that we're in a bubble, we may manage to avoid becoming one.
That. Bitcoins better stay in firm and knowledgeable hands.
superdork

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:46:52 AM

1- Most people have no idea what bitcoin is, how it works or what the fundamental concepts behind it are.

2- That doesn't stop them from writing about it.

3- Rational, well reasoned thought doesn't sell newspapers or get a lot of web views.

feel free to leave a tip in my daughter's college fund if you found my posts helpful 1HiCE3vX7yr7Yqy4yHf36x4w1cmSEsrTbM

(or if you just want some good karma!)
mai77

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:31:01 PM

screw the presstitutes !
Zomdifros

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:53:06 PM

Edit: seriously tho, what do you call it when an asset has a justified xponential increase in price?
An adoption curve.

I like this term. It's amazing how many journalists are unable to see the difference between a bubble and an adoption curve. When something has to start at zero but has the potential to be worth millions, there is by definition going to be a phase in which prices increase exponentially. On reddit, Nassim Taleb immediately got it when he stated that much of Bitcoin's current volatility was due to the low dollar value. Why is it so hard for journalists to understand?

mai77

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:55:13 PM

desire to "see the world burn"

sounds kinda jewish to me...
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 10:59:22 PM

Maybe we should somehow hold them accountable or at least point out their flaws...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=168651.0

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: