Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:08:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-central resumes operations  (Read 5372 times)
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 04:18:54 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2013, 04:35:33 PM by Boussac

Dear Bitcoin-central and Paytunia users,

The service was taken offline last Monday, April 1st, to upgrade security after discovering a security breach.
Now that we are finished with the security upgrade, we are going to resume services gradually starting today, April 5th 2013.  

As a first step, Bitcoin-Central and Paytunia customers will be able to access their account with their prior login/password to view their balances (BTC, EUR, GBP or USD).
Funds received by bank wire during the service suspension have been credited.  
The system will be operating in read-only mode.
All our bitcoin addresses will be changed to new ones (do not send to your old addresses as they will be deprecated).

Tomorrow, April 6th, the next step will be taken with the ability to cancel unexecuted orders.
Because orders could not be cancelled during the suspension of the service, especially sell orders at a price below today's market prices, we will delete pending orders that were created before the suspension of the service that could be executed immediately.
Orders that are more than 20% off the current market prices are not going to be deleted as they are not going to be executed immediately.
Customers will have time to review the order book and decide as to whether to keep or delete these "old" orders.

On Monday, April 8th at 3:00PM CET/Paris Time, full trading will resume with the ability to create and cancel buy and sell orders.
Fiat currency (EUR, GBP or USD) withdraws will be available.

The bitcoin trading platform can be accessed via https://bitcoin-central.net.

Again, we apologize for the service suspension and the inconvenience of having your funds tied up for a week.

With full knowledge of the fact that your funds were held secure in spite of a vicious hacker attack, we thank you in particular, for your continued use the trading platform.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Boussac (OP)
Legendary

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 04:19:08 PM

reserved

Boussac (OP)
Legendary

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 04:19:21 PM

reserved

Boussac (OP)
Legendary

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 04:19:34 PM

reserved

HATA28

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 04:21:32 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2013, 05:22:59 PM by HATA28

This is good news, finally Smiley

At what time, exactly, will Bitcoin-Central come online again today?
Joost

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:24:06 PM

There's 1.5 hours left on April 5th. Are you going to keep to this deadline then, Bitcoin Central? It's really poor form to make promises and not keep them.

we thank you in particular, for your continued use the trading platform.

If you're breaking another self-imposed deadline, that's a bit presumptious.
tnkflx

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 09:13:59 PM

So... any additional news on why you're not online yet?

| Operating electrum.be & us.electrum.be |
MrSambal

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 09:52:49 PM

23 minutes ago, this exact same message was posted on the bitcoin-central website, still mentioning the 5th of april, so either they really plan to launch now at 23:59, or just didn't bother to change the message and quickly posted it on the site just now
HATA28

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 10:09:35 PM

Yep, they missed the deadline..
Again.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6540

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 10:23:18 PM

Perhaps they have missed the change to CEST (Central European Summer Time), all their announcements are with "CET" dates Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mrbitbank

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 12:11:05 AM

I think we are being fed bullcrap here, First of all I see no reason why withdrawal request from Bitcoin-central for BTC sold on the 29th March has not been actioned, After all my BTC were never in an instawallet, and I had sold my BTC anyway my funds were fiat. We have had a number of deadlines pass without anything of substance happening so I am thinking there is much more going on then we are being told about. I think the way things are going we should prepare for the worse regarding our funds.
HATA28

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:36:40 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2013, 12:23:30 PM by HATA28

Yeah this is no good.
If they don't bring it online quickly I think its time to send a team to France.

And what's this supposed to mean?
(http://bitcoin-central.net/somethingitdoesntmatterwhat
http://i49.tinypic.com/ng9jyw.jpg
Joost

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:50:26 PM

Yeah this is no good.
If they don't bring it online quickly I think its time to send a team to France.

Do you even realise how ridiculous and empty that sounds? Wink
HATA28

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:17:17 PM

Yeah this is no good.

Do you even realise how ridiculous and empty that sounds? Wink
Do you even realise how ridiculous and empty its sounds that the account holders can not access their own money because of a financial service that has not been hacked, and is owned by a licensed bank, has been offline for 6 days. And then I'm not even mentioning the fact they broke their own deadlines multiple times.
Boussac (OP)
Legendary

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 04:31:29 PM

UPDATE:
We expect to be back online in the next hours.
Please appreciate the fact that we have had to accomplish two tasks in a very short time:
1. reconfigure our servers environment to upgrade the security: this was the cause of the service suspension.
2. thoroughly audit and review a large amount of logs and transaction data to make sure everything was in pristine condition before we display the accounts and allow new transactions again.

The review and audit turned out to be more time consuming than we expected.
Bear in mind that this was no routine since bitcoin-central had run uninterrupted for the past 27 months, i.e since its inception in January 2011.
Again, we thank you for your patience, specially those of you who are sending support messages or are simply not contacting us with inquiries at this time.

mrbitbank

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 09:54:33 PM

Well another day bites the dust and still the mystery goes on with Boussac telling us nothing but lies, every thing he has said about when this site would be back up and running has been crap and his reputation is being flushed down the toilet along with the crap he has given us todate.
mably

Activity: 377
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:44:59 PM

BitCoin-Central is back online !

https://a.bitcoin-central.net/

Many thanks to the Paymium team !
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 10:45:26 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2013, 12:13:17 AM by d5000

It's up again! Finally Cheesy

Thank you, Paymium people, for resolving this, although the next time I wished you'll set yourself more realistic deadlines ...

(Edit: All funds are there normally, only trading is disabled. Order creation / deletion seem to work.)

Edit 2: There is a new message regarding the resuming of services:

April 6th, 2013 - 11:30PM CET

The service was taken offline last Monday, April 1st, to upgrade security after discovering a security breach. Now that we are finished with the security upgrade, we are resuming normal operations of our service with the exception of the creation of new trade orders.

Funds received by bank wire during the service suspension have been credited. Confirmed Bitcoin-Central and Paytunia EUR or GBP withdrawals requested before March 28, 2013 at 21:10 by verified users have been processed on April 2nd. Fiat currency (EUR, GBP or USD) and BTC withdraws are available.

BTC withdraws will be processed manually for the next couple of days until we switch back to immediate automatic withdraws. This temporary restriction is meant to allow careful monitoring of our operations in the initial phase of the recovery.

All bitcoin addresses have been changed to new ones. Please do not send to your old addresses as they will be deprecated. Your bitcoin balance is NOT affected by the change.

Because orders could not be cancelled during the suspension of the service, especially sell orders at a price below today's market prices, we have deleted those pending orders created before the suspension of the service that could be executed immediately.

For example, all asks below 120 EUR/BTC were deleted. No trades have been reversed. We also don't want to take anyone by surprise and as such give a 24h notice before trades start to get executed again. During these 24 hours you will be able to place and cancel orders. The order book will not be updated until the trading engine is restarted

When the trading engine gets restarted they will be executed normally.

Orders that are more than 20% off the current market prices were NOT deleted as they are not going to be executed immediately. You can now review the order book and decide as to whether to keep or delete these "old" orders.

On Sunday, April 7th at 11:00PM CET/Paris Time, full trading will resume with the ability to create and cancel buy and sell orders.

Again, we apologize for the service suspension and the inconvenience of having your funds tied up for a week. With full knowledge of the fact that your funds were held secure in spite of a vicious hacker attack, we thank you in particular, for your continued use the trading platform.

The only question pending: Will trade engine start at Sunday (7 th of April) or Monday 8th 10 AM? Seems a bit unclear ...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Arthur Randolph

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:00:22 AM

So we can place orders now which will be executed once the market opens.
But without being able to see the order book, I'm a bit weary of doing that, especially since it's been suspended for so long.
How am I supposed to price?
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:34:21 AM

Bitcoin-Central trading seems to work fine again.

Bitcoin withdrawals are slow, have requested one yesterday and is still pending.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████