Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:34:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FOR SALE] Series 1, 1 BTC Casascius Coins  (Read 2876 times)
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 02:52:21 PM

Just curious:  Which of these two coins would you consider "lower"  12FE66fQ or 12feo95N
 Wink

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bomboclat77

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:19:36 PM

Just curious:  Which of these two coins would you consider "lower"  12FE66fQ or 12feo95N
 Wink
They were both funded at the exact same time. However if you look at this list https://www.casascius.com/fulllist.txt it looks like 12feo95n was made right after 12fe66fq

Scott J (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:20:30 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2013, 04:47:45 PM by Scott J

The eBay seller only has 1 feedback as a previous seller, I'd be nervous to bid that much with someone who's feedback is only from buys, or I'd like to do some extra verification about the seller.

Re: OP which country are you in please & are you taking bids in BTC or in USD or both, it's a bit confusing if both as the BTC/USD price is dynamic, I may be interested in 1 of these - could you list those available with prefix & funded date to save us looking it up, many thanks.
1A1JiDE3u8t4TNF1PbVR2o1YKnDppbeCsw - funded 2011-11-23 05:35:20
1AUYE382H7emgigA5nDjkK86uUptN6zBYQ - funded 2011-12-04 07:52:35
1aUXikoo1oWmWxhxGYMDwwBbUBNjYBuFJ - funded 2011-12-04 07:52:35

I'm in the UK, but willing to post internationally. It's fine to bid in either USD, GBP or BTC.. whatever suits.

I have put a different coin on ebay to test the waters there -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230959708093
Scott J (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:09:53 PM

I have had a few offers by PM - at the moment I am waiting to see how my ebay listing does. One coin went for $2,125 last night!

Feel free to make offers as I would like to avoid ebay, but at this stage I am looking for something closer to that  Smiley
Scott J (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:45:43 AM

The 1A1JiDE3u8t4TNF1PbVR2o1YKnDppbeCsw coin is provisionally sold (pending payment)  Smiley
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 05:52:37 AM

I am blown away to see my earliest coins going for that much.  It's crazy.  Had I ever known...

With very few exceptions I gave away most of my early coins to people at work, I was giving them out like candy, what iwth BTC being $2 and all.  So, those lucky ducks, if they still have them, have a prize.

I suppose if people are taking collecting my coins seriously, I might as well point out that the series 1 coins were made and distributed in prefix order, with 11xxxxxx being the first, 12xxxxxxx being next, etc.  The lower the number, the earlier the coin.

There are two specific coins I can think of that might garner peculiar interest for rarity, if any of my coins could be described that way.

I only kept one coin from the earliest batches.  I kept one whose prefix was "13kpu33y".  I funded it in 2011, but decided not to give away becuase when I looked at it, and the way the font looks, it appeared to me like the coin said "13k pussy".  Since these were coins I was giving away to promote bitcoin, I subconsciously set it aside because I wanted to foster discussion of bitcoin, not middle school locker room jokes.  Had I not funded, I probably would have just ripped it open and thrown it in my "rejects" pile.  So, that said, that's the only genuine original untouched funded-in-2011 coin I managed to keep.  Even though it would be sweet to see four figures for it, I doubt I'll sell it.

There were two prototype coins I made out of the pre-production coin samples before I got the Casascius holograms.  The prototype coins had a generic hologram, had a greenish solidified lacquer layer covering that hologram (since I was experimenting with spray coatings I ultimately decided not to do).  Inside the lacquer layer I embedded a second outer paper circle with 8 character prefix, split on two lines of four.  Of those four prototype coins, I funded only one of them so I could give it away.  I don't know who I gave it to, but I know who of several people who possibly might have it.  I suppose that's the only one that can be proven to have existed at the time having timely funding on the block chain.  The coin is fully functional.  I have the other one, but I don't think I ever funded it.  Matters little, cause I'm not about to sell it either.

I have had people contact me to find out when their coin was minted, as though to evaluate its value.  Just look it up on the block chain.  I always fund the address after creating the coin (it would be stupid to do otherwise in case the coin ends up being a reject for whatever reason) so it is easy to establish a coin was minted prior to the date the block chain shows it was funded.

1)  you are the fucking man

2)  I want the "13k Pussy" 2011 bitcoin so bad it is a bit disturbing to even myself. 

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
dustintrammell
VIP

Activity: 156
Merit: 103

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 05:57:11 AM

With very few exceptions I gave away most of my early coins to people at work, I was giving them out like candy, what iwth BTC being $2 and all.  So, those lucky ducks, if they still have them, have a prize.

I also gave away a ton of these as tips at restaurants, bars, etc., or just given away to promote Bitcoin.  I wonder how many of those got tossed because they had no idea what they were, how many got redeemed, and how many exist in a drawer or safe somewhere (:

I suppose if people are taking collecting my coins seriously, I might as well point out that the series 1 coins were made and distributed in prefix order, with 11xxxxxx being the first, 12xxxxxxx being next, etc.  The lower the number, the earlier the coin.

I have a stack of Series 1 coins with the verification codes either partially or completely worn off of the hologram due to them being in my pocket for extended periods of time.  I used to carry 2-3 of them around with me for the tipping or gifting purposes mentioned above.

I remember disucssing with you at some point about making 0.5 BTC, 0.25 BTC, etc. coins but you deemed them unprofitable to do so at the time.  How about now? (:

Dustin D. Trammell
Twitter: @druidian
PGP: E0DC F55C 9386 1691 A67F FB18 F6D9 5E52 FDA6 6E16
dustintrammell
VIP

Activity: 156
Merit: 103

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 07:01:45 AM

I just took an inventory and nearly all of my Series 1 coins are in the 12 and 1D ranges, however I have a few in the 13, 15, 16, and 1C ranges also.  The earliest coin I seem to have is 12y3pR2y, which I have decided to put up for raffle here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=152551.msg1790758#msg1790758

Raffle tickets are a mere 0.025 BTC (25 TKN) each to keep them affordable for most Bitcoin users, and yes, you can buy more than 1 ticket (:

Dustin D. Trammell
Twitter: @druidian
PGP: E0DC F55C 9386 1691 A67F FB18 F6D9 5E52 FDA6 6E16
Logik

Activity: 315
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:55:30 AM

Action the "13k pussy" coin one day, and use the funds towards some kind of Bitcoin PR / community venture Smiley

And I agree with Micon, you are the fucking man (casascius)! I think it's awesome you still post here. You realise if Bitcoin keeps going the way it is going you will be some kind of Bitcoin demi-god.

BTW I just became one of these crazy people who purchased a series 1 coin from the OP. I won't disclose how much but you have the general idea anyway. Time will tell if it was smart or not.

I'm pretty excited because I've never seen a casascius coin before and I like the collectors aspect of owning one of the misprints.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████