Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:16:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FOR SALE] Series 1, 1 BTC Casascius Coins  (Read 2879 times)
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 02:52:21 PM

Just curious:  Which of these two coins would you consider "lower"  12FE66fQ or 12feo95N
 Wink

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bomboclat77

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:19:36 PM

Just curious:  Which of these two coins would you consider "lower"  12FE66fQ or 12feo95N
 Wink
They were both funded at the exact same time. However if you look at this list https://www.casascius.com/fulllist.txt it looks like 12feo95n was made right after 12fe66fq

Scott J (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:20:30 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2013, 04:47:45 PM by Scott J

The eBay seller only has 1 feedback as a previous seller, I'd be nervous to bid that much with someone who's feedback is only from buys, or I'd like to do some extra verification about the seller.

Re: OP which country are you in please & are you taking bids in BTC or in USD or both, it's a bit confusing if both as the BTC/USD price is dynamic, I may be interested in 1 of these - could you list those available with prefix & funded date to save us looking it up, many thanks.
1A1JiDE3u8t4TNF1PbVR2o1YKnDppbeCsw - funded 2011-11-23 05:35:20
1AUYE382H7emgigA5nDjkK86uUptN6zBYQ - funded 2011-12-04 07:52:35
1aUXikoo1oWmWxhxGYMDwwBbUBNjYBuFJ - funded 2011-12-04 07:52:35

I'm in the UK, but willing to post internationally. It's fine to bid in either USD, GBP or BTC.. whatever suits.

I have put a different coin on ebay to test the waters there -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230959708093
Scott J (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:09:53 PM

I have had a few offers by PM - at the moment I am waiting to see how my ebay listing does. One coin went for $2,125 last night!

Feel free to make offers as I would like to avoid ebay, but at this stage I am looking for something closer to that  Smiley
Scott J (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:45:43 AM

The 1A1JiDE3u8t4TNF1PbVR2o1YKnDppbeCsw coin is provisionally sold (pending payment)  Smiley
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 05:52:37 AM

I am blown away to see my earliest coins going for that much.  It's crazy.  Had I ever known...

With very few exceptions I gave away most of my early coins to people at work, I was giving them out like candy, what iwth BTC being $2 and all.  So, those lucky ducks, if they still have them, have a prize.

I suppose if people are taking collecting my coins seriously, I might as well point out that the series 1 coins were made and distributed in prefix order, with 11xxxxxx being the first, 12xxxxxxx being next, etc.  The lower the number, the earlier the coin.

There are two specific coins I can think of that might garner peculiar interest for rarity, if any of my coins could be described that way.

I only kept one coin from the earliest batches.  I kept one whose prefix was "13kpu33y".  I funded it in 2011, but decided not to give away becuase when I looked at it, and the way the font looks, it appeared to me like the coin said "13k pussy".  Since these were coins I was giving away to promote bitcoin, I subconsciously set it aside because I wanted to foster discussion of bitcoin, not middle school locker room jokes.  Had I not funded, I probably would have just ripped it open and thrown it in my "rejects" pile.  So, that said, that's the only genuine original untouched funded-in-2011 coin I managed to keep.  Even though it would be sweet to see four figures for it, I doubt I'll sell it.

There were two prototype coins I made out of the pre-production coin samples before I got the Casascius holograms.  The prototype coins had a generic hologram, had a greenish solidified lacquer layer covering that hologram (since I was experimenting with spray coatings I ultimately decided not to do).  Inside the lacquer layer I embedded a second outer paper circle with 8 character prefix, split on two lines of four.  Of those four prototype coins, I funded only one of them so I could give it away.  I don't know who I gave it to, but I know who of several people who possibly might have it.  I suppose that's the only one that can be proven to have existed at the time having timely funding on the block chain.  The coin is fully functional.  I have the other one, but I don't think I ever funded it.  Matters little, cause I'm not about to sell it either.

I have had people contact me to find out when their coin was minted, as though to evaluate its value.  Just look it up on the block chain.  I always fund the address after creating the coin (it would be stupid to do otherwise in case the coin ends up being a reject for whatever reason) so it is easy to establish a coin was minted prior to the date the block chain shows it was funded.

1)  you are the fucking man

2)  I want the "13k Pussy" 2011 bitcoin so bad it is a bit disturbing to even myself. 

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
dustintrammell
VIP

Activity: 156
Merit: 103

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 05:57:11 AM

With very few exceptions I gave away most of my early coins to people at work, I was giving them out like candy, what iwth BTC being $2 and all.  So, those lucky ducks, if they still have them, have a prize.

I also gave away a ton of these as tips at restaurants, bars, etc., or just given away to promote Bitcoin.  I wonder how many of those got tossed because they had no idea what they were, how many got redeemed, and how many exist in a drawer or safe somewhere (:

I suppose if people are taking collecting my coins seriously, I might as well point out that the series 1 coins were made and distributed in prefix order, with 11xxxxxx being the first, 12xxxxxxx being next, etc.  The lower the number, the earlier the coin.

I have a stack of Series 1 coins with the verification codes either partially or completely worn off of the hologram due to them being in my pocket for extended periods of time.  I used to carry 2-3 of them around with me for the tipping or gifting purposes mentioned above.

I remember disucssing with you at some point about making 0.5 BTC, 0.25 BTC, etc. coins but you deemed them unprofitable to do so at the time.  How about now? (:

Dustin D. Trammell
Twitter: @druidian
PGP: E0DC F55C 9386 1691 A67F FB18 F6D9 5E52 FDA6 6E16
dustintrammell
VIP

Activity: 156
Merit: 103

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 07:01:45 AM

I just took an inventory and nearly all of my Series 1 coins are in the 12 and 1D ranges, however I have a few in the 13, 15, 16, and 1C ranges also.  The earliest coin I seem to have is 12y3pR2y, which I have decided to put up for raffle here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=152551.msg1790758#msg1790758

Raffle tickets are a mere 0.025 BTC (25 TKN) each to keep them affordable for most Bitcoin users, and yes, you can buy more than 1 ticket (:

Dustin D. Trammell
Twitter: @druidian
PGP: E0DC F55C 9386 1691 A67F FB18 F6D9 5E52 FDA6 6E16
Logik

Activity: 315
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 09:55:30 AM

Action the "13k pussy" coin one day, and use the funds towards some kind of Bitcoin PR / community venture Smiley

And I agree with Micon, you are the fucking man (casascius)! I think it's awesome you still post here. You realise if Bitcoin keeps going the way it is going you will be some kind of Bitcoin demi-god.

BTW I just became one of these crazy people who purchased a series 1 coin from the OP. I won't disclose how much but you have the general idea anyway. Time will tell if it was smart or not.

I'm pretty excited because I've never seen a casascius coin before and I like the collectors aspect of owning one of the misprints.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████