Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:37:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decred PoS mining - Dcrstats Stakepool  (Read 7632 times)
Bdavid1122

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 01:31:30 AM

So I deposited 330 DRC, but only 325 are showing.   Was there a fee taken out? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dcrstats (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 529

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 08:05:20 AM

No, there is no deposit fee. Is the funds are locked now?
I think you was lucky to buy 10-12 tickets in previous round with a super low price 22.83 dcr.
The ticket fee is super high in such popular windows, so you have to pay ~ 0.5 - 0.6 DCR to the PoW miner for every ticket purchase transaction included in the block.
But it's still worth to buy them, since the vote reward from every ticket is ~ 1.5 - 1.6 DCR.

There are profs and cons in such strategy and we were always discussing hard it in forums and slack. If you don't want to buy cheap tickets with crazy fees, you can adjust your custom strategy in Evolution -> Tickets (tab) and set something like: MaxTicket price = 50, MaxTicket fee = 0.5 .Please notice that service will be always trying to use as low fee as possible in the round, it's not like use always only the max one; max is just mean that you don't want to buy with a higher fee. Also important to know, that you are paying only 54% of this fee because the transaction size is only 540 bytes, while you're setting the fee for 1 Kbyte.
Bdavid1122

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 10:34:32 AM

No, there is no deposit fee. Is the funds are locked now?
I think you was lucky to buy 10-12 tickets in previous round with a super low price 22.83 dcr.
The ticket fee is super high in such popular windows, so you have to pay ~ 0.5 - 0.6 DCR to the PoW miner for every ticket purchase transaction included in the block.
But it's still worth to buy them, since the vote reward from every ticket is ~ 1.5 - 1.6 DCR.

There are profs and cons in such strategy and we were always discussing hard it in forums and slack. If you don't want to buy cheap tickets with crazy fees, you can adjust your custom strategy in Evolution -> Tickets (tab) and set something like: MaxTicket price = 50, MaxTicket fee = 0.5 .Please notice that service will be always trying to use as low fee as possible in the round, it's not like use always only the max one; max is just mean that you don't want to buy with a higher fee. Also important to know, that you are paying only 54% of this fee because the transaction size is only 540 bytes, while you're setting the fee for 1 Kbyte.

182 are locked,  with 142 available,  8 tickets were bought.   Potential profit of +12.  So I had to spend 5 to make 12,  and that's going to take up to 5 months to see the return?  That hardly seems worth it.  Am I understanding this correctly?
LarryL

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 07:52:49 AM

i wired 55 dcr to my account and automine is enabled, but nothing happend?
Dcrstats (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 08:35:45 AM

i wired 55 dcr to my account and automine is enabled, but nothing happend?

Currently, the ticket price is too high. It may take up to few days before the script will buy some tickets because it tries to maximize your monthly income.
LarryL

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 03:17:47 PM

thanks for your reply. but do i have enough decred to start pos mining? or how much should i have at least?
Dcrstats (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 03:22:53 PM

thanks for your reply. but do i have enough decred to start pos mining? or how much should i have at least?

The average ticket price is 36.0 DCR, so you won't buy more than 1 or 2 tickets. Every ticket will give you ~ 1.5 dcr of profit within ~ 1 month (but max ticket lifetime is almost 5 months).
PovertyByte

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 01:08:16 AM

This ticket stuff is really confusing. So Evolution is not a Decred thing, just a program to operate your PoS pool with ease and you have an automated system to make this easy?
LarryL

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 02:23:57 AM

i lost my passwort. unfortunately i cant see a recovery by mailaddress. can you help me please?

but i still got mailadress, can tell u which ammount was on evolution and to which wallet address i've sent the coins to. is this enough to recover the account? otherwise this would be really problematic for me Sad.

thansk for your help
Dcrstats (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 08:59:23 AM

This ticket stuff is really confusing. So Evolution is not a Decred thing, just a program to operate your PoS pool with ease and you have an automated system to make this easy?

Yes, Evolution is a wrapper for this stakepool: https://stakepool.dcrstats.com/
You can either use a stakepool directly: you will need manually or automatically purchase new tickets for this or deposit to Evolution for total automatization of the process.
Dcrstats (OP)

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 09:00:26 AM

i lost my passwort. unfortunately i cant see a recovery by mailaddress. can you help me please?

but i still got mailadress, can tell u which ammount was on evolution and to which wallet address i've sent the coins to. is this enough to recover the account? otherwise this would be really problematic for me Sad.

thansk for your help

Please send me this request from the email which you used for registration in Evolution.
info@dcrstats.com
PovertyByte

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 09:11:46 AM

I deposited 31.5 DCR into DCR evo and I do not know what to do. I have auto PoS mining on but it would appear that my DCR is just sitting in there like a wallet instead
LarryL

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 11:16:27 PM

thanks for the password reset. i like your site, works great. do you will implement more functions (like a pw reset button Wink )?

and are there already ETF to buy somewhere?
Yefet

Activity: 643
Merit: 501

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 03:05:40 PM

How is developement going on this project?

I was a little bit busy with all these holidays Smiley Happy New Year!

What's new:
- All EFT holders received their monthly dividends for December ( 110.39 DCR total )
- I've deployed a huge security update and now ready to switch withdrawals to auto-mode (right now i verify requests manually after all verifications)
- I will upload mobile app for reviews in the Itunes and GooglePlay already next week
- Exchange is coming in February
- I also working on new stakepool API and integration with desktop wallet ( jrick works on Paymethus, however, I need to make many changes to existing stakepool infrastructure to allow users connect directly from the remote wallet)

I'm pretty sure that before the first hardfork voting we will have a great and easy to use PoS infrastructure.

Winter is over  Wink
So I think it's a good time for some news & updates on the project
darbsllim

Activity: 297
Merit: 251

Founder, Filmmaker, Fun Guy

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:03:39 PM

What assurances do we have that we can safely store the DCR on evolution.dcrstats.com without risk of getting funds stolen, hacked, etc?

Brad Mills,
Investor - Former miner - Former Bitcoin Business Owner - Survivor of the Great Bitcoin Crashes of 2011 and 2012, the MtGox Heist of 2014 & the 2017 crypto bubble.
Bitrated user: bradmillscan.
Yefet

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 04:47:37 AM

What assurances do we have that we can safely store the DCR on evolution.dcrstats.com without risk of getting funds stolen, hacked, etc?

as usual, in this world, the words & reputation of the founders/developers of the project  Wink
so basically - none

Dcrstats (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 09:52:23 AM

as usual, in this world, the words & reputation of the founders/developers of the project  Wink
so basically - none

Correct, but there is one more feature for security. All funds locked in tickets (PoS mining), so even if hacker get access to the server, he cannot steal any funds or he can get very little spendable amount (like 1-2% of total).
Yefet

Crypto Mentat

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 10:57:43 AM

so basically - none

Correct, but there is one more feature for security. All funds locked in tickets (PoS mining), so even if hacker get access to the server, he cannot steal any funds or he can get very little spendable amount (like 1-2% of total).

Thanks for the clarification,

I mainly addressed the first part "...stolen", take a notice on the signature: "...Victim of the... MtGox Heist"

anyway, Decred Evolution is a good service so far and potentially a great platform for the development and adding new features to the Decred ecosystem,
wish it was ready at the time of the airdrop  Smiley
Stratagem

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 05:31:14 AM

as usual, in this world, the words & reputation of the founders/developers of the project  Wink
so basically - none

@Dcrstats
I noticed that my Deposit address is different from the address where my tokens end up.

The address where my tokens end up is not shown on my dcrstats portal.
1. Why doesn't it just go back to the deposit address?
2. Why isn't the final address listed?
3. Is DCRstats backed by/run by the founders of this project?
4. I feel like I've just put my coins in someone else's hand, as I don't have direct access to the wallet. Can you help me get a warm and fuzzy feeling about this?
5. Should I be on stakepool.dcrstats.com or evolution.dcrstats.com? (I'm presently on evolution if that makes a difference for my wallet questions)

Regards, Brian.
mm2543363580

Activity: 952
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 06:08:21 AM

I like the bear

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: