Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:10:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Unofficial] New Global Moderator Election - [Discussion]  (Read 11210 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 07:38:25 AM

The votes that you have got could be a result of your action on Bitmixer. Wink  
That is also a possibility. Smiley

Bitmixer participants have been spamming the hell out of this forum. That said, people should not be confusing your actions as a campaign manager, with your actions as a staff member.
People tend to confuse all kinds of action around here, e.g. staff, campaign manager, trust system. The campaign was horrible, and there were a lot of people that needed permanent bans right there (blatant 1 liner abusers). At least it is now spam free.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 07:53:27 AM

Okay,this is getting a bit off track.All the accounts from Philippines have put Dabs as their primary choice and since he is from Philippines too,you can establish the coincidences.Nothing wrong with it but if at all the Global Mod is chosen on the basis of number of votes,this isn't really a fair judgement.

P.S. Forgive me if I missed anything in this thread since I haven't been reading all the posts.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 07:57:47 AM

Okay,this is getting a bit off track.All the accounts from Philippines have put Dabs as their primary choice and since he is from Philippines too,you can establish the coincidences.Nothing wrong with it but if at all the Global Mod is chosen on the basis of number of votes,this isn't really a fair judgement.

P.S. Forgive me if I missed anything in this thread since I haven't been reading all the posts.

It won't be chosen just on the basis of the number of votes. Theymos will have to take a view.
In any case, each contestant will have his own set of backers.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 08:00:14 AM

It won't be chosen just on the basis of the number of votes. Theymos will have to take a view.
In any case, each contestant will have his own set of backers.
Well,dissolves the entire point of keeping an election.Might as well one could have sent the list to theymos and he would choose one after doing his homework but anyway...
chixka000

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 08:41:52 AM

FYI, in the first place we were given the freedom to vote and i doubt if you don't want somebody which you know better than  anyone else to be elected. Then how can you choose the right one then? that makes you feel the right judgement?  We voted fairly and when there is  no bias in voting fairly then i guess that is already a fair judgement.           
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Get your game girl

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:02:11 AM

FYI, in the first place we were given the freedom to vote and i doubt if you don't want somebody which you know better than  anyone else to be elected.
No,this is where you cunts get it all wrong.It's not about voting for somebody you know,it's about voting for someone who deserves to be a Global Moderator.To decide,to should know what the responsibilities of the GM's are and wheather the person you vote has the abilities/time/efforts to put in.If you have no idea about the remaining mods in the list,you shouldn't be voting in the first place.

Then how can you choose the right one then? that makes you feel the right judgement?  We voted fairly and when there is  no bias in voting fairly then i guess that is already a fair judgement.           
Let's put it this way.1000 accounts from Philippines voted for Dabs just because he is from Philippines and 5 accounts voted for Lauda without knowing their Country or Location but solely based on their work ethics.What seems more fair to you ? No offence to Dabs,I'm just giving an example how if the Global Mod is decided on basis of voting system,it wouldn't be as fair.
chixka000

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:17:31 AM

No,this is where you cunts get it all wrong.It's not about voting for somebody you know,it's about voting for someone who deserves to be a Global Moderator.To decide,to should know what the responsibilities of the GM's are and wheather the person you vote has the abilities/time/efforts to put in.If you have no idea about the remaining mods in the list,you shouldn't be voting in the first place.
Then you seriously thinks that this cunts doesn't have any idea about the other mods operating in the forum? Does that statement makes you feel reasonable? Of course if you do know that person much better then you should still surely going to vote him/her because you surely know he capabalities which similarly equal to other mods but that doesn't mean as well that other mods are not capable ,of course they all have the capability.

Let's put it this way.1000 accounts from Philippines voted for Dabs just because he is from Philippines and 5 accounts voted for Lauda without knowing their Country or Location but solely based on their work ethics.What seems more fair to you ? No offence to Dabs,I'm just giving an example how if the Global Mod is decided on basis of voting system,it wouldn't be as fair.

There you go, now you are stating the obvious Wink Even if you can all see that dabs was probably far from the score of lauda (60% lower to be specific). Another thing most of us didn't put dabs to be in our first option in the first place, your speculation is far from reality obviously.

EDITED: That is how the system works, Well i guess if you do not support that system you should stop wasting your time voting every election in your place or at least try to build your own empire lol
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 09:24:08 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2016, 03:19:25 PM by deisik

AND without the authorisation or blessing of the decision maker.
I don't particularly see what's wrong with not having theymos' consent with this. The vote is essentially the same as me making a thread titled 'Who do you think the best moderator is?', only with an actual reason behind it and made by some people of a higher rank than me.
If theymos doesn't approve, he could simply not acknowledge the vote whatsoever and pick (or not pick) based on his own accord. It would be a let down, of course, but the vote will just be used to perhaps help in the decision

You may choose to disagree, of course, but from the thread title it is not clear altogether. On the contrary, it looks exactly like theymos blessed the election of the new team of global moderators. In fact, there are even two such threads which even further strengthens this feeling of official consent and blessing...

There seems to be a lot of intrigue and strife going on behind the scenes in the pursuit of power

...the whole process of publicly electing new global moderators doesn't make much sense, and to me, looks more like farce and mockery
Read the fine print:
Disclaimer
This is not an official election. The winner is not guaranteed to be promoted to Global Moderator, however he/she will be suggested to theymos to be promoted. This is only to determine who the community wants as a Global Moderator. Theymos may choose to promote the winner of this election, he also may not. He may choose to promote no one, he may choose to promote someone else.

The fine print, yeah. We all know what that typically means, don't we?

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 09:27:42 AM

There you go, now you are stating the obvious Wink Even if you can all see that dabs was probably far from the score of lauda (60% lower to be specific). Another thing most of us didn't put dabs to be in our first option in the first place, your speculation is far from reality obviously.
He was just using Dabs and me, with arbitrary numbers, as an example to make a point. He's saying that voting for someone just because they're the moderator of your language/local section is wrong. I strongly agree with this statement. Votes should be objective, ergo you should not vote for someone due to bias.

You may choose to disagree, of course, but from the thread title it is not clear altogether. On the contrary, it looks exactly like theymos blessed the election of the new team of global moderators. In fact, there are even two such threads which even further strengthens this feeling of official consent and blessing...
Then maybe it should be altered, i.e. add the word 'unofficial' into it?

The fine print, yeah. We all know what that typically means, don't we?
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:30:05 AM

The above arguments are exactly the reason why I don't think the votes will bring anything close to a result. While some might think that a mod is fair in his moderation if he is somewhat lenient, others might feel that another mod deserves to be a global mod due to his activity(I belong to the latter, although there is no exact data on a mod's moderation) and others might want someone promoted for (close to)no reason at all. If anything perhaps the votes of members that theymos finds trustworthy, would somewhat influence his decision.

Lastly, I do not see a reason for another Global mod. AFAIK the last promotion happened as other Glob. mods were not as active and Cyrus already had some experience in moderating multiple boards.
chixka000

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 09:36:07 AM

He was just using Dabs and me, with arbitrary numbers, as an example to make a point. He's saying that voting for someone just because they're the moderator of your language/local section is wrong. I strongly agree with this statement. Votes should be objective, ergo you should not vote for someone due to bias.

I certainly got the point  sir. What am i trying to say as well is that we are not being unfair and it is pretty obvious on the current scorecard i guess so? Most of us voted dabs but not on the priority
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 10:15:24 AM

Lastly, I do not see a reason for another Global mod.
Eh, it seems a bit obvious that you were not (actively) around for a while. Some (even obvious) reports tend to take several days to handle (at times).

I certainly got the point  sir. What am i trying to say as well is that we are not being unfair and it is pretty obvious on the current scorecard i guess so? Most of us voted dabs but not on the priority
Well, I would rather not evaluate individual votes as you could question the intent/reasoning behind a fair amount of them. Again, dabs was an example so there's no reason to focus on their votes (or reasoning behind them).

Rules:
  • If you are not familiar with the forum, the moderators, and the forum rules, do not vote.
I feel like, the more days pass, the more this will end up being ignored. Maybe a minimum amount of correctly reported posts would be a nice criteria? However, we can not enforce that without administrators (thus not worth expending their already limited time).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 10:37:44 AM

Any election is bound to have a certain number of people voting for stupid reasons, and everyone involved (should have) expected that going in. As long as the majority of voters are sane there should be no issue (and if you don't have a majority of sane voters, you have a problem democracy can't fix). In any case, it's not anyone's place to question the voters' motives.

Incidentally, Lauda now trails by 11 votes in the TCP, as more Dabs voters prefer Mitchell, widening the gap.

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
jamalaezaz
Copper Member

Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 10:53:14 AM

Who will replace that Moderator's place after becoming of his"HER" Global Moderator?
May I?  Huh Huh Huh

Available For CM/SMM, Content Writing and Digital Marketing
TG: @jamalaezaz
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 11:08:57 AM

Lastly, I do not see a reason for another Global mod. AFAIK the last promotion happened as other Glob. mods were not as active and Cyrus already had some experience in moderating multiple boards.

We have had 1 global moderator become an admin, that creates a vacancy for global moderator, right? Cyrus might be expected to take care of admin  related responsibilities that badbear used to do.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16598

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 11:55:43 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2016, 12:17:48 PM by LoyceV

The staff ranks: patroller, section moderator, global moderator, admin. The first two are going to be marked as 'Staff' in all sections excluding the ones that they are assigned to (does not include patroller). Example: If you go to the Speculation section, you will see 'Moderator' under my name.
I suggest to add this information to the OP.

Q:What can <insert staff member name or rank here> do?
A: Different ranks have different access to moderation tools. A quote from Salty Spitoon explains it pretty well:

<...>

Admins: can do everything imaginable on the site. They however can't delete their accounts.

Global Moderators: can perma ban, nuke newbies, see and handle reports from all sections, and see reported PMs.

Moderators: can see and handle reports from their sections and nuke newbies

Patrollers: Are essentially Moderators but can only do moderator tasks for newbie members.
This too, it would help seeing this in the OP.

The votes that you have got could be a result of your action on Bitmixer. Wink  Bitmixer participants have been spamming the hell out of this forum.
I mainly "know" Lauda from the stop-the-spam-topic leading up to the decision that made her campaign manager. And indeed, the spam-fighting is why I choose him/her*.

Rules:
  • If you are not familiar with the forum, the moderators, and the forum rules, do not vote.
I feel like, the more days pass, the more this will end up being ignored.
I've probably seen all moderators, but I don't distinguish all of them by heart. I have a number 1 and number 2, but that's it.
Is it allowed to leave the third choice blank? Like this:
3. No vote

Edit after Vod's post (under this one):
*I always thought Lauda profiles "herself" as a herself. Or maybe I got that idea from other people assuming the same. Somehow "Ninja Cat" sounds like a girl thing too. No offense I hope Tongue

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 12:01:48 PM

I mainly "know" Lauda from the stop-the-spam-topic leading up to the decision that made her campaign manager. And indeed, the spam-fighting is why I choose her.

Lauda is a guy!   Shocked

The name is close to the feminine "Laura", which is why people confuse it.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 12:18:16 PM

I mainly "know" Lauda from the stop-the-spam-topic leading up to the decision that made her campaign manager. And indeed, the spam-fighting is why I choose her.
Lauda is a guy!   Shocked
Are you sure? I was always told that I looked like a cat, whether I'm feminine or masculine is another question. Tongue TBH Laura is a nice name.

Is it allowed to leave the third choice blank? Like this:
3. No vote
Yes, you are allowed to vote for even a singular person I believe.

Somehow "Ninja Cat" sounds like a girl thing too. No offense I hope Tongue
It may or may not be. None taken. Cheesy

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 12:35:24 PM

What will be the remuneration package for becoming a global mod? I guess the pay rise would be substantially more than being a simple mod wouldn't it?

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 01:34:00 PM

This election is much needed. Even if it may not result in someone being elected/chosen by theymos, this is a nice experiment, as it was said previously, and just shows that many people feel the same way: we need more active people fighting spam on the forums.

I do my best to report everything and I think I do a relatively nice job reporting whatever is wrong, but we need moderation to keep up with all the reports that exist and act on them (I imagine that there are many due to the spam around here). Some posts are reported but they stay there for a long, long time, unattended. I think this is a clear sign that we need more moderation, or at least more patrollers.

Already voted and I'll keep reporting whatever I see wrong, as usual.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: