Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:04:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin endgame (v1.0 ?)  (Read 1506 times)
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 05:55:17 PM

Bitcoin is a technology and in the IT industry technology change faster than usual. "the only permanent in this world is change" So don't be afraid or bothered if bitcoin changes just embrace it that is what it is. If we are going to pinned out bitcoin into certain place in order for us to feel comfortable then bitcoin would surely vanish. Just sayin tho
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 06:23:06 PM

well, we might well already be set in stone apart from bug fixes. i don't think the future looks too bright if that's the case but it could be. if people can't agree how to improve it now when it's still tiny then there ain't a hope in hell they'll manage it further down the line.

Bitcoin may be a tiny blot on a world scale but it is already a big deal from a personal perspective

I don't like that the Core seems to be turning into a fight club, but things may get sorted out eventually and unofficial rules regulating Bitcoin development will be finally worked out and "set in stone". As to me, it is rather a matter of the number of active developers currently involved in Bitcoin. The Linux kernel is said to have over 1,000 active developers, and some of them arguing over petty matters are utterly irrelevant, and no one seems to give a fuck about it. So if Bitcoin becomes as large as the Linux kernel in terms of workforce, such issues might go away in due course

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 06:26:18 PM

maybe but bitcoin is tied to money and ideology, two things which are very extremely emotive and not petty in any way at all.

i'm sure there's plenty of that with linux too but it doesn't go to the very core of what they're working on in the same way. bitcoin will always be great. it's the humans surrounding it that might turn it all to shit.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 06:45:22 PM

No I want to believe that will never happen. What is bitcoin except a sophisticated, innovative, revolutionary technology? A brilliant idea of a man or group of people; that is a brainstorming how people could transact in the future. If this idea stays without development dies. Does anyone, here, want to see bitcoin to die?
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 06:53:15 PM

i think enough different people believe they're right that they'd collectively cause it to die rather than relinquish their positions.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2016, 07:36:21 PM

maybe but bitcoin is tied to money and ideology, two things which are very extremely emotive and not petty in any way at all.

Now tell me that Linux is not about ideology

In respect to money, Linux has already sucked a few hundred billion dollars that Microsoft and Unix vendors didn't receive because of it. Just think about almost 100% of supercomputers running this or that flavor of Linux. If Bitcoin market cap had been only one tenth of how much money Linux managed to wrest from the grasp of proprietary vendors, its price would already have been in the range of thousand dollars if not dozens of thousands

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:08:29 AM

There is no advantage in having a protocol where every aspect is set in stone. We have always said, one of the advantages of Bitcoin is it's

adaptability to change. If someone bring out a feature in a Alt coin, and it might be beneficial for Bitcoin... then Bitcoin can adapt to that like a

Chameleon.  Wink ... Yes, some of elements should be "set in stone" to protect it's value.. like the Coin Cap and the reward intervals.. etc..  Cool

The thing is, satoshi nakamoto himself said that after the 0.1 bitcoin release, the design was set in stone. What we don't know is if he meant that the block size would also be set in stone and never change among other things.

In any case, just because a software reaches 1.0 doesn't mean it's the end. Software can keep being developed way past there, it's just a number. 1.0 should be as solid as possible tho.
VeneVici

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 04:53:20 AM

There are no new things to come in Bitcoin's coding. The currency has been the same for many years now and there has been no change, and there will be no change soon either except if a totally new currency will be created, but I doubt any altcoin will ever reach Bitcoin's popularity and trust.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: