Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:13:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the main problems bitcoiners face?  (Read 6535 times)
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 01:22:03 PM

Probably adoption. In some countries, government even ban Bitcoin for no reason at all and they tend to arrest people if they are found out using Bitcoin illegally. Well, in some other luckier countries, they can still keep their Bitcoin, but it is very hard to find someone who accept Bitcoin as a type of payment and there is no exchange around. Only in developed countries, people can freely and easily use Bitcoin daily without any difficulty

Even if its not bitcoin, If its use illegally then its natural for that to happen, And governments don't ban it for no reason . Don't forget that the nature/concept of bitcoins is enough reason for the government to be wary of it .

If there is no bitcoin to fiat exchanges there then trade peer to peer there are many platforms you can use like local bitcoins or even here . For now that bitcoin is not fully adopted yet that's all we can do but surely it will get better in the next years .

Indeed in fact bitcoin is a digital currency that is too open or too easy to use as a place of crime or corruption in large numbers (the money exchanged in the bitcoin). Where they cannot be known and not all people know who the owner of the bitcoin (if they can know the addres adress). Indeed I think that all the Government is very careful in deciding on case or problems occurred in the bitcoin. For all countries not wanting to harm all those who knowing or using bitcoin
seaqrioy

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2016, 01:34:54 PM

Quite a lot of questions, first of all, there is no one country to support BTC buy a house, ha ha ha, which requires the process

sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:29:32 AM

May be the biggest disadvantage is that  there are not many adopters in our country and most of them are using it only for hoarding. So buy/sell goods and services using bitcoin as payment system practically does not exist.
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:33:08 AM

Stability and ease of use. Both will as BTC matures. I do not worry about it.

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:38:24 AM

I am conducting a sort of survey on what we all see as problems in the bitcoin community.

I hope to spark an open discussion that eventually reaches a consensus.

We should probably focus on only the top 7, or maybe top 10, 5 etc...

What are the MAIN problems you face, or you have seen others face, with bitcoin?

I will list what I think are the top problems. NOTE that these are my personal opinions...
1. Still not adopted by enough of the masses to appear in local businesses
2. Too many god damn scam websites,
3. Coinbase closed my account for no reason, a law should exist to prevent businesses denying individuals key services
4. Coinbase currently is the only way to automatically send RECURRING bitcoin payments - recurring transactions a must
5. no transparent, openly white hat bounty hacker police for problem #2 - an internet police white hat hacker network would be nice

"Identifying problems leads to solutions to those problems.
I have the passion and drive to find people who can solve said problems.
Thank you for any input you may have to offer. Long live Bitcoin!"
~ The King

The main problem that ma country face (and think that is not the only) is the bought of bitcoin. Actually I have only one place when I can buy bitcoin (cex.io) and it would be better to have more than one. Then the second is the fact that bitcoin is not yet regulated at my country and I am always in doubt about the investments in crypto. And if my government or central bank ban bitcoin?
sunsilk

Activity: 2954
Merit: 621

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:46:48 AM

May be the biggest disadvantage is that  there are not many adopters in our country and most of them are using it only for hoarding. So buy/sell goods and services using bitcoin as payment system practically does not exist.

Bad thing about your country but there's good news about it. That bitcoin is not just basing on the cycle of bitcoin economy in your country.

Don't worry there are still other countries who do a lot of transactions daily and that is making the economy of bitcoin greater.

Hoarding is just normal for those people who are longing for bigger profit and I don't think that is a big disadvantage.

SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 11:52:02 AM

I think bitcoin main problem is or will be banks, and who ever stand behind them. Adoption is not a problem as many people here says it is, that will happen eventually when people find out about bitcoin, I know many people that never heard about it.
   Scam websites are problem, they will push away many people, but there is scams with other currencies as well, so open minded person knows how to be protected in this time, stupid people will be scammed in any currency.
   Hackers are the problem, it will be difficult to solve that problem and create laws against that. There is always some 'paradise' where they working from, and nobody can do nothing about them.
dawnpot

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 12:21:11 PM

For me the problem has to do with global acceptance and we'll get there one day. It needs to be accepted by world governments in order to erase the fear of usage from non users.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 12:41:45 PM

For me the problem has to do with global acceptance and we'll get there one day. It needs to be accepted by world governments in order to erase the fear of usage from non users.
Exactly i am also looking for the same thing if our government will accept this Bitcoin as a legal currency. We can freely use bitcoin for all purpose. The main problem is we can not use Bitcoin directly in my country I have to exchange my BTC to fiat currency they will charge high currency this is the problem we are facing in our country.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 05:14:07 PM

yes but i think bitcoin is still new, and most of the people do no know any thing about bitcoin they need introduction about bitcoin and hope that we will receive a good response from the people.
Fireblade

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 22, 2016, 06:40:30 PM

Stability and ease of use. Both will as BTC matures. I do not worry about it.
i think stability is not a problem as people are entering in world of bitcoin therefore we can see the fluctuation, otherwise there bitcoin price is no so much stable as we can see that it is noncontinuous increasing and not coming down any more. hope that this strategy will continue for a long time.
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 06:45:05 AM

In my experience about this matters, the commonly problem that I encountered in bitcoin world is that many of the scammer's appeared in this industry. They used bitcoin their own interest. and they found out that majority of the member here are innocents that's many became a victim's of them. Even in different mining sites about in bitcoin I found out that there is many scam sites also rise up here too.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 01:52:49 PM

In my experience about this matters, the commonly problem that I encountered in bitcoin world is that many of the scammer's appeared in this industry. They used bitcoin their own interest. and they found out that majority of the member here are innocents that's many became a victim's of them. Even in different mining sites about in bitcoin I found out that there is many scam sites also rise up here too.

This is mainly because people are using Bitcoin to earn profits and don't use it for real trade. They are looking for opportunities that would allow them to earn more but end up being used themselves by scammers. If Bitcoin wasn't itself promising quick profits, there would be less fraudulent schemes which employ it. And people are greedy too, but they have always been like that.
Yutikas_11920

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 01:59:10 PM

This is mainly because people are using Bitcoin to earn profits and don't use it for real trade. They are looking for opportunities that would allow them to earn more but end up being used themselves by scammers. If Bitcoin wasn't itself promising quick profits, there would be less fraudulent schemes which employ it. And people are greedy too, but they have always been like that.

Yup, it's something that has indeed become a problem because most people use bitcoin only for investments and they have no desire to introduce bitcoin to everyone they know or to everyone. It is indeed something that could make growth bitcoin stalled, because something great comes from loyalty and growth or demand from everyone. If the request is bitcoin slightly and supplies stock a lot then it is the beginning of the bitCoin will be crushed
Red Fish

Activity: 435
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 02:07:50 PM

Bitcoin transfer time is too long - can be up to one hour or more. In Blockchain wallet you can not transfer small BTC volumes, send transfer do not go through. Bitcoin privacy can be much better like in altcoins, for example, Monero.
choppork

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 02:44:37 PM

That would stop being a problem if you could just start learning about all those things. Scamming is a very easy thing to do. You just need to "bait the fish" and you'll get your money. You will always be a fish to the scammer's eyes even if you already know their gimmick. You just have to ignore the "bait" when you see one. If the deal's too good or even just slightly better than the usual deal, then you should start becoming suspicious. He either send first or you guys use escrow. If he passed, then that means he's a scammer. Never send anything first.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
dhampir-D

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 03:05:31 PM

Bitcoin transfer time is too long - can be up to one hour or more. In Blockchain wallet you can not transfer small BTC volumes, send transfer do not go through. Bitcoin privacy can be much better like in altcoins, for example, Monero.
I also think that things need to improve, but it is a matter of time, the network will gradually receive improvements to increase the efficiency of transactions. And with respect to privacy, there are features that allow you to improve this, such as btc mixers.
Shady

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Life is a game, you either play it or get played.

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 03:07:20 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2017, 07:25:10 PM by Shady

Bitcoin is difficult to purchase through brokers, fears of scam. Etc.. Exchange fraud or direct deposit delays may lead to problems of dealing with the wrong people.

In no way is BTC a bad currency, it just surpassed the bubble phases after faucets opened more application opportunties not only with this coin, but with all alternative cryptocurrencies alike. There is still yet to come so if you're having too much trouble simply ignore it until fixes take place once the economy fully evolves.

myparentsdisownedme

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 08:30:31 PM

Some  mor eproblems is just easy conversion

like, as a bitcoiner, i cant just go to an ATM and quickly convert my btc

it sucksssss
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 23, 2016, 08:48:23 PM

It is with no doubt that us bitcoiners face the difficulty of not being able to use our hard earned money on the daily needs like paying bills with bitcoin or going to the supermarket or restaurant and use our wallets to pay, but there are solutions we can always exchange it to fiat but that does not serve the purpose of bitcoin which is using it as a major currency just like fiat.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: