Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:10:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XHD] Hidecoin Official thread | Double SHA-256 | NodeJS  (Read 34876 times)
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 10:50:41 PM

Information

I am now developing new core for Hidecoin from scratch. Current core has too many bugs and there is no point in fixing a lot of bugs.

He simply said he is doing a major redesign for certain modules...
This is not unusual in large software projects.

The current core v 4.11 keeps the blockchain up-to-date...
Hcminer connects, but does not mine as of 3 days ago.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
samspaces
Legendary

Activity: 1452
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:10:08 AM

Information

I am now developing new core for Hidecoin from scratch. Current core has too many bugs and there is no point in fixing a lot of bugs.

You previously said you would continue to develop Hidecoin, but I guess you have changed your mind? Then you said you would develop a merchant interface, but it seems you have ditched that plan as well? It is all sounding a bit random to me  Huh

Coding cryptocurrencies may be a hobby to you, but when you ask for donations and get miners to devote resources to your project you also take on responsibility. So before you launch your next project I think you need to consider things beyond Node.js coding Wink With so many options out there it will be hard to find support for a new project unless it has a clear vision, a timeline, and good communication.

The dev put a lot of work into this, it's clearly more than a 'hobby'. I don't mind spending (home) resources on innovative ideas.

Good luck rewriting! Hopefully we can remain on the same chain, so all mined hidecoin isn't lost.
sotisoti

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 12:44:35 AM

Please invite me to slack
Just pm me your email address

Bitrated user: sotisoti.
hidecoin2016 (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 01:13:16 PM

Coding cryptocurrencies may be a hobby to you, but when you ask for donations and get miners to devote resources to your project you also take on responsibility. So before you launch your next project I think you need to consider things beyond Node.js coding Wink With so many options out there it will be hard to find support for a new project unless it has a clear vision, a timeline, and good communication.

I don't take on responsibility. I made decentralized net and open-source core. You can use it without my support. You also can do fork of hidecoin.

Good luck rewriting! Hopefully we can remain on the same chain, so all mined hidecoin isn't lost.

New core is not new protocol, so you will remain on the same chain.
hcfrm

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 06:15:15 PM

I don't take on responsibility. I made decentralized net and open-source core. You can use it without my support. You also can do fork of hidecoin.

New core is not new protocol, so you will remain on the same chain.
Guy, check your private messages ! Smiley
HammyCoin

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 01:52:03 AM

Information

You previously said you would continue to develop Hidecoin, but I guess you have changed your mind? Then you said you would develop a merchant interface, but it seems you have ditched that plan as well? It is all sounding a bit random to me  Huh

i disagree, dev is free to pursue the coin at his discretion, as a donator I would understand if he quit tomorrow. as far as all the things beyond coding - if the code is good enough the other pieces will fall into place. Maybe it never makes it, crypto isn't easy and you can't take anything for granted. personally I'm just glad that people are out there trying experimental currencies like this.
sotisoti

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 03:08:02 AM

Information

You previously said you would continue to develop Hidecoin, but I guess you have changed your mind? Then you said you would develop a merchant interface, but it seems you have ditched that plan as well? It is all sounding a bit random to me  Huh

I agree to disagree. Hidecoin is open-source. I contribute to github projects too and I don't ask for return. If hidecoin is a commercial/paid product then it's an entirely different story, you pay them for SLA/feature request and the product support. I really fail to see why the dev is obliged to work the way you want it. He's not even launching an ICO or a crowdfunding campaign..

aldenholt

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 04:02:43 PM

Hi - can I get a slack invite?
sotisoti

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 11:23:18 AM

Hi - can I get a slack invite?
Sure, please send me your email address via pm.

hidecoin2016 (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 06:27:38 PM

Stable version 0.4.13 released
hidecoin2016 (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 07:09:45 PM

I want to tell you about developing Hidecoin Core II.

Core II is fully asynchronous. It has many caches. Because of this core loading and wallet loading is VERY fast (less than 1 second instead of 1 minute in Core I).
You can use built-in wallet instead of browser wallet at localhost:7439.
So wait for Hidecoin Core II.
Stay in touch.
sotisoti

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 11:01:37 PM

Core II is fully asynchronous. It has many caches. Because of this core loading and wallet loading is VERY fast (less than 1 second instead of 1 minute in Core I).
Stay in touch.
Thanks for your effort dev, keep it up

edwardspitz

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 09:16:27 PM

Stay in touch.

Good stuff! Also happy block-reward-reduction-day Cheesy
vtrykoz

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 03:14:10 PM

Hey there,

This is so awesome! It's like a lego-toy for a javascript & cryptocurrency enthusiasts. Invite me to slack please, I have something that you will like  Roll Eyes
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 06:16:12 PM

Hey there,

This is so awesome! It's like a lego-toy for a javascript & cryptocurrency enthusiasts. Invite me to slack please, I have something that you will like  Roll Eyes

Yes, that's what got me interested initially...
But today I noticed that the ARK Blockchain (cross-chain atomic tx) is coded in node...
That is a very professional project that might have some useful code or algos for Dev.

Can someone please pm me and explain why hcminer no longer connects... or invite me to slack. Thanks  Smiley
Trololoh

Activity: 461

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 04:09:16 PM

Hey there,

But today I noticed that the ARK Blockchain (cross-chain atomic tx) is coded in node...
That is a very professional project that might have some useful code or algos for Dev.

Can someone please pm me and explain why hcminer no longer connects... or invite me to slack. Thanks  Smiley
Server has been off line since the announcement of new core, hashrate went down from some 8 to only 2 Mhz.
hidecoin2016 (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 07:51:05 PM

Hey there,

This is so awesome! It's like a lego-toy for a javascript & cryptocurrency enthusiasts. Invite me to slack please, I have something that you will like  Roll Eyes

Can someone please pm me and explain why hcminer no longer connects... or invite me to slack. Thanks  Smiley

I am testing Hidecoin Core II now. Pool is working now but on Core II. Because of this there may be some bugs.
hidecoin2016 (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2017, 03:02:29 PM

New version of pool is working 48 hours without bugs!

Join: 77.221.144.5:8000

I want to test it under high load. So connect your miners Smiley
SopaXT

Activity: 158
Merit: 113

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 12:07:11 PM

I don't trust this guy nor the cryptocoin.
As an altcoin developer, they must be horribly incompetent: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1948346.

xdeltax

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 12:54:17 PM

I don't trust this guy nor the cryptocoin.
As an altcoin developer, they must be horribly incompetent: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1948346.

wow, embarrassing.

with a developers knowledge base like this, nobody can seriously support this coin anymore. i'm out.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: