Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:45:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should btc-e.com remove the trollbox aka chatbox  (Read 3717 times)
spacegoat

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

We are connected. you are me I am you.

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:40:51 AM

trollbox is the best thing that ever happened to cryptocurrency daytrading are you kidding me?

yes, some people might not have any common sense and be suckered, but the amount of info I get about everything in the bitcoin community through that trollbox is tremendous, don't you take my trollbox, if you don't like it go to vircurex

another one is coming and I hear it'll have a trollbox too crypto-trade.com in 8 days

also I'm thinking about developing a crypto-currency exchange company, and putting a skype webcam box in so you can see everyone's faces and hear people yelling.  it would be insane.  that would be like trollbox 2.0

yeah baby yeah
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:05:14 AM

Contact the staff and ask them to ban idiotic memes that are spammed constantly. Ask them if they need additional moderators, if you think you could help them. The trollbox is excellent at getting noobs to buy and sell, it's how I use it :p The problem with that chat box is the imbeciles who spam it, not the general trolling or anything else.

The four turds who keep spamming it all day long (for the last week and a bit) about their no va coins are pretty annoying as well.

What do you think all those great smilies are for?

facepalm, mad, trollface (all really fun)
spacegoat

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:46:32 AM

yeah dude if btc-e wasn't so fun it wouldn't have nearly as much volume.  if you were the manager of an exchange it would be weaksauce.  "NO FUN ALLOWED."  nobody would want to come to your exchange bro.  just have fun

yeah baby yeah
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:57:11 AM

HAha, no let it be - this is so entertaining. But perhaps each currency pair could have it's own trollbox ? Love that name btw.
xan_The_Dragon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I AM A DRAGON

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:09:44 AM

TROLlbox is best market indicator do opposite of what they tell u to do

MfFMEpgL5Ma9C2yw6iSsSX4QcbSVzjm6iK
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:14:53 AM

I agree with the OP.

I used to have fun chatting at BTC-e. There were some trolls, but a lot of good people as well. Lately, it has been literally full of trolls and/or people trying to sway the market one way or another. Also, chat goes by so fast you can't hardly read anything.

I think some of the posters in the chat box are bad for ALT coins or at the very least might possibly make someone look differently at ALT coins than they would have before. If the BTC-e troll box is always filled with a bunch of 10 year olds trolling it up, talking about what drugs they're buying next from Atlantis, constantly spewing "U mad bros", or just generally being douche bags, then this reflects on the ALT coin community in a bad light.

The troll box was good for the amount of traffic BTC-e used to have, but now that traffic has more than doubled in size and it is impossible to moderate. I suggest BTC-e shuts it down for the good of the ALT coin ecosystem.

BTC-e, please think about it.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:41:53 AM

I agree with the OP.

I used to have fun chatting at BTC-e. There were some trolls, but a lot of good people as well. Lately, it has been literally full of trolls and/or people trying to sway the market one way or another. Also, chat goes by so fast you can't hardly read anything.

I think some of the posters in the chat box are bad for ALT coins or at the very least might possibly make someone look differently at ALT coins than they would have before. If the BTC-e troll box is always filled with a bunch of 10 year olds trolling it up, talking about what drugs they're buying next from Atlantis, constantly spewing "U mad bros", or just generally being douche bags, then this reflects on the ALT coin community in a bad light.

The troll box was good for the amount of traffic BTC-e used to have, but now that traffic has more than doubled in size and it is impossible to moderate. I suggest BTC-e shuts it down for the good of the ALT coin ecosystem.

BTC-e, please think about it.

give alternate chats for each cross and in the main chat increase the forced delay between messages. Most of the problem solved right there.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
chriswen

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:45:08 AM

yup chat rooms would help.
Smoovious

Activity: 504

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:54:44 AM

The trollbox is the only reason I stay logged in there all day, and watch the trading...

Without it, the rest of the incomplete features that I use, but are useless in their present form? I wouldn't be trading there at all.

-- Smoov
FIX THE NOTIFICATIONS PROPERLY, and FINISH THE EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS... you guys have procrastinated too long already.
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:11:41 AM

The trollbox is the only reason I stay logged in there all day, and watch the trading...

Without it, the rest of the incomplete features that I use, but are useless in their present form? I wouldn't be trading there at all.

-- Smoov
FIX THE NOTIFICATIONS PROPERLY, and FINISH THE EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS... you guys have procrastinated too long already.

I would also think the chat makes the site more dynamic. But perhaps the chatrooms could be graded - and that all of the silly chat would not make it to the front page, but be more buried ? Then serious traders could have their room, and the trolls could cook up conspiracies and pump and dumps in #trollfeast.
chriswen

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 04:48:17 AM

Just got a great suggestion from the troll box.  A feature to ignore people would be very good.  So basically if so one is spamming the same thing over and over again and being annoying you just ignore them.
Smoovious

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:02:54 AM

Just got a great suggestion from the troll box.  A feature to ignore people would be very good.  So basically if so one is spamming the same thing over and over again and being annoying you just ignore them.
The ability to ignore has been asked for for over a year now... they've given it the same priority as they do finishing the notifications...

-- Smoov
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:26:34 AM

trollbox is the best thing that ever happened to cryptocurrency daytrading are you kidding me?

yes, some people might not have any common sense and be suckered, but the amount of info I get about everything in the bitcoin community through that trollbox is tremendous, don't you take my trollbox, if you don't like it go to vircurex

another one is coming and I hear it'll have a trollbox too crypto-trade.com in 8 days

also I'm thinking about developing a crypto-currency exchange company, and putting a skype webcam box in so you can see everyone's faces and hear people yelling.  it would be insane.  that would be like trollbox 2.0

hellz yeah. trollbox is effin great.
skype cam would be the shiz-nit. clowns in there randomly yell "ARISE CHIKUN," but you get to see them do it.

+100000000
Smoovious

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:41:50 AM

hellz yeah. trollbox is effin great.
skype cam would be the shiz-nit. clowns in there randomly yell "ARISE CHIKUN," but you get to see them do it.

+100000000
um...  yeah, I'm just not into watching a whole bunch of fat guys in their underwear and unwashed hair, in dark room, shouting "ARISE CHIKUN" and acting all mental...

I'll just stick to the trollbox.

-- Smoov
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 05:53:00 AM

trollbox is awesome.

cdog

Activity: 1036

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 07:35:16 AM

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 08:36:07 AM

The troll box is BTC-E's golden egg. It's a brilliant idea and it does them nothing but profit. :-)

Just disable it if you don't want to get sucked in. The moment you do, the charts all look different.

more or less retired.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 07:28:53 PM

just do it yourself:

https://btc-e.com/disableChat

F yeah!

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 07:51:40 PM

I stopped looking at the troll box 3 weeks ago, how hard is it for you to look away? Damn cry harder.

Oh, I'll even try to help you beyond not looking or disabling. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.phauna.litecoinwidget

Bitch please.
spacegoat

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:16:04 AM

http://frabz.com/3xyj

yeah baby yeah
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: